PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane R1 - Jelena Dokic vs. Mauresmo

Uranium
Dec 31st, 2008, 06:32 PM
The event starts in about 5 days in Australia.
Jelena got the MDWC, so hopefully she gets a good draw:bounce:
If anyone can come up with a creative title that would be great:p

Rui.
Dec 31st, 2008, 06:41 PM
Go Girl! ;) :D

IceHock
Jan 1st, 2009, 12:28 AM
how about "Jelena's Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! comeback begins, Brisbane"

or

brush em all aside, brisbane 2009

V&SWilliams Fan
Jan 1st, 2009, 01:46 AM
I am soo hopeing she does well in this. With a confidence boost she will do great things!! Go Jelena!!!

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 1st, 2009, 02:43 AM
i cannot wait! c'mon jelena!

matty
Jan 1st, 2009, 03:11 AM
This is pretty exciting....after years off sputtering comebacks, we now have the real thing---I so hope she does well!

cn ireland
Jan 1st, 2009, 02:27 PM
Good luck here Jelena:).

I know you can win a few matches here:bounce:!

Ballbasher
Jan 1st, 2009, 03:02 PM
Good Luck Jelena! Each win would be fantastic!

AK-DH Fan
Jan 1st, 2009, 03:40 PM
Good Luck Jelena:)!!!

IMPOSSIBLE
Jan 1st, 2009, 04:56 PM
Go Jelena Dokic :)

Uranium
Jan 1st, 2009, 10:53 PM
Quotes so far this week:
"I've had a good couple of weeks and a good couple of months and I'm happy with my form," Dokic said.
"I just want to get . . . in as many matches in as I can. The field here is really strong so it will be good practice"

Just Do It
Jan 2nd, 2009, 01:57 AM
Go :woohoo: Go

~Eclipsed~
Jan 2nd, 2009, 04:18 AM
I CANNOT wait to see how she performs here! All the best to her. :bounce:

Привет
Jan 2nd, 2009, 05:11 AM
Go girl, go! :armed:

V&SWilliams Fan
Jan 2nd, 2009, 08:57 AM
Goodluck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

martinafan
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:16 AM
I hope she can win atleast one match.......:scared: :unsure:

Golovinjured.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 01:37 PM
its not the best photo
and just so you know, she was hitting amazing...she blasted forehand after forehand past stosur and mauresmo like they were standing still

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2482/dokic1xt5.jpg

yeah well she hit with stosur mostly while amelie hit with azarenka beside them, then they played some games and jelena finished going against amelie
she was really striking the ball well and confidently, she looked fit and was smiling a lot, so i think it looks promising for her

im going wednesday and friday
so if shes still in i will track her down

Davodus PM'd me that photo and the info.
BTW, I totally missed this thread and was just about to start a Brisbane thread. What a shit title, Uranium. :weirdo:

Go Jelena, hopefully a good draw for her. She seems to be striking the ball well, and it's good to hear she's having some fun out there. :D:D

King Aaron
Jan 2nd, 2009, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the info. :)
That picture of her, she looks incredibly fit there! :eek:

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 2nd, 2009, 03:49 PM
She looks tanned too. :hearts:

Havok
Jan 2nd, 2009, 04:05 PM
Is anyone else a tad nostalgic and missing her HEAD racquet???

Anyways Jelena looks incredible as always, I hope she gets a nice draw to work with and wins at least one match.

With the right draws during this Australian swing, she can easily find herself inside the top 100.:banana:

Babolatpro880
Jan 2nd, 2009, 07:54 PM

Anyways Jelena looks incredible as always, I hope she gets a nice draw to work with and wins at least one match.

With the right draws during this Australian swing, she can easily find herself inside the top 100.:banana:

I am :lol:

I just hope Jelena can win at least one also, and the quarterfinals would be absolutely FANTASTIC. And then a decent tournament in Hobart and HOPEFULLY a first round win in Melbourne. That would be ideal.

ninanina19
Jan 2nd, 2009, 08:22 PM
When do they do the Brisbane draw?

Harvs
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:07 PM
this arvo:)

Harvs
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:07 PM
well 'arvo... aussie time lol

ninanina19
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:17 PM
Arvo? Afternoon? I hope Jelena, Monika, and Isabella get good draws.

Slutati
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:18 PM

Yes, yes, yes. :awww:

She looks hot. :hearts: Good luck. :kiss:

Babolatpro880
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:11 PM
The draw, I believe, has either just been made or is being made currently. We probably won't get it for another couple of hours.

Uranium
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:37 PM
No, an Australian poster said they won't make it for another hour and 30 minutes:p

Golovinjured.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:13 AM
Someone said the draw was being done at midday in the middle of Queen St Mall.
It's 12:15PM now, so it's getting done as we type I'd say.

Just Do It
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:55 AM
Any news ? :scared:

Keadz
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:57 AM
Good to see her hitting with the Wta girls. I am very excited about her Aussie Summer now with the pressure off her back.
Hopefully she gets a good draw.

Привет
Jan 3rd, 2009, 02:39 AM
Hitting with Stosur, Mauresmo & Azarenka! :hearts:

Just Do It
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:29 AM
R1 vs Mauresmo
R2 vs Wickmayer/Q
QF vs ivanovic

:spit:

Golovinjured.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:32 AM
Holy fuck, versus Mauresmo. :unsure:
GL Jelena!

ChinChin
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:36 AM
I think Jelena will have her chances against Mauresmo, if she can return well and make her move a lot on the court as Amélie ain't moving as well as before. It will be a tough one, but at least it should be a good preparation for Jelena :)

Just Do It
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:37 AM
Indeed,and of course this match will be on CC :yeah: It has to be :unsure:

Slutati
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:38 AM
I think she's gonna beat Momo. :p
QF against Ana. :drool: That would be fucking amazing.

Golovinjured.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:40 AM
Where'd you find out?

Golovinjured.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:02 AM
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u234/craig89_2007/DSC00082.jpg (http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u234/craig89_2007/?action=view&current=DSC00082.jpg)

From practice yesterday :hearts:
Amelie should be afraid, Jelena looks FIERCE!

Babolatpro880
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:13 AM
Hopefully Jelena got a lot of practice in hitting against Amelie. I just hope she plays tomorrow, I don't wanna wait to find out what's gonna happen with this match.

GeeTee
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:21 AM
Hope she doesn't play tomorrow. Monday would be better as this match would certainly be part of Channel 7's live telecast (starting Monday).

So Disrespectful
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:27 AM
Pretty tough draw, but I think we all expected it.

If she can get past Amelie, then we'll see what happens.

Uranium
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:39 AM
:sobbing:
I like both, but Momo is going down:armed:

IceHock
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:43 AM
wooooooooooow, i love both of them equally, but idk either way this is a good matchup for jelena, win or lose this is good practice.

Golovinjured.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:54 AM
I bet Jelena is scheduled to play tomorrow, and we don't get to see her on TV. :rolleyes:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:47 AM
Ive been at the tournament for the last two days and I am pleased to announce that she has been practicing more than any other player. She is ALWAYS on the practice courts! She is doing heaps of skipping and was hitting with Mauresmo, Stosur and Azarenka yesterday.

She hit on Pat Rafter Arena today with Kanepi and was creaming the ball. And then when she coudlnt practice because of the weather she started running up the stairs in the stadium lol.

She is hitting it so well and I think she can beat Mauresmo :D Ill upload a video in a sec.

Golovinjured.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 07:02 AM
:bigcry:

It makes me sad to think that she could lose R1 when she wants it so badly! :sobbing:

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 3rd, 2009, 07:12 AM
Ive been at the tournament for the last two days and I am pleased to announce that she has been practicing more than any other player. She is ALWAYS on the practice courts! She is doing heaps of skipping and was hitting with Mauresmo, Stosur and Azarenka yesterday.

She hit on Pat Rafter Arena today with Kanepi and was creaming the ball. And then when she coudlnt practice because of the weather she started running up the stairs in the stadium lol.

She is hitting it so well and I think she can beat Mauresmo :D Ill upload a video in a sec.

reading that made me so happy :) c'mon jelena

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 3rd, 2009, 07:17 AM
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2iuz1gl&s=5

Short video of Jelena practicing on Pat Rafter Arena with Kaia Kanepi. Sorry about the quailty. Few photos to come :D So pumped for her match :hearts:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 3rd, 2009, 07:18 AM
Ironic that in the video Mauresmo is signing autographs just behind her LOL!

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 3rd, 2009, 07:19 AM
showdown.... bring it on (still love u amelie)

Привет
Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:08 AM
reading that made me so happy :) c'mon jelena

I know! :D Jelena sounds like she is being so smart about milking these WTA experiences over the summer for all they are worth. :)

SM
Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:17 AM
:bigcry:

It makes me sad to think that she could lose R1 when she wants it so badly! :sobbing:
Even if she loses, whata great prepartion for the Aussie Open having a match against an elite player!!!

Anyhoo, she will get a kidner draw in Hobart that's for sure.

DokDi
Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Jelena can do it! Good luck:)

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:58 AM
Pictures

http://i44.tinypic.com/k3k6kz.png

http://i41.tinypic.com/334t5eb.png

Shes looking so fit :eek:

BUBI
Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:05 AM
Jelena will win! :bounce:

So Disrespectful
Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the photos, video and report! Everything points to a successful comeback.

I'm so looking forward to her match. It better be televised, and someone better record it :p.

Mickey019
Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:20 AM
So,we won't be able to see the match on the internet...? :awww:
Anyway,I think she can beat Mauresmo! Amelie is not the player she used to be,during 2005/06. She is a tough opponent,with her high spin that she puts on the ball,but to see that Jelena is working hard on courts and on her fitness - sounds encouraging... If Jelena beats her,the QF against Ana Ivanovic is a great possibility...:hearts:

GeeTee
Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:28 AM
I bet Jelena is scheduled to play tomorrow, and we don't get to see her on TV. :rolleyes:

Wrong! Thank God! Monday live on TV for Jelena! I'm guessing first match. :banana:

Golovinjured.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:28 AM
She won't be playing tomorrow, so she'll be on Monday when the matches are televised :bowdown:

So Disrespectful
Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:37 AM
Ironic that in the video Mauresmo is signing autographs just behind her LOL!

Yes, ironic because the loser never signs autographs. :devil:

GeeTee
Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:38 AM
H2H
Mauresmo 2 leads Dokic 1

2000 Moscow 32 Carpet (I) A.MAURESMO 1-6 4-6
2001 Rome FR Clay (O) J.DOKIC 7-6(3) 6-1
2003 Warsaw SF Clay (O) A.MAURESMO 5-7 2-6

Just Do It
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks for that vid. :spit: @ 4 players practicing on the same court :lol:

I cant wait :sobbing:

Uranium
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:01 PM
It's so weird thinking Dokic is actually in a main draw match again.
Even though she was in Strasbourg, this is better:p

King Aaron
Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
:scared: Amelie.

cn ireland
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:02 PM
This is a tough draw for Jelena but I get the feeling that she'd like to play a top player to see where her form is:)!

Imagine the confidence she'd get by beating Amelie:D!

Good luck Jelena:bounce:

IceHock
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:03 PM
she's 3rd up on stadium court on monday, the brisbane website already has the oop for it.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Didnt see her practice session today. But she watched the whole of Gasquet - Gicquel and a bit of Bartoli - Wejnert.

Ive got awesome seats for her match tomorrow!

Golovinjured.
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:00 AM
She did practice, though. Right? :unsure:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:35 AM
She did practice, though. Right? :unsure:

I would assume so. I wasnt at the practice courts much at all. I think she would have practiced late afternoon while Wejnert was on. Because she left Pat Rafter Arena with her rackets and Borna. She was probably practicing at the same time she will be playing tomorrow :D

Cankarlo
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Does she look fit from close as she looks from the photos?

hdfb
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:41 AM
^Yep, no excess weight at all.

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Go Jelena!

DokDi
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I'm sooo excited and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control, cause I know Jelena can do it, DO IT! Goo Jeca:D

So Disrespectful
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:18 AM
I'm so excited, I really think she can pull this one out. Each and every match for the next four weeks is absolutely crucial to Jelena's future.

AK-DH Fan
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I hope she plays well tomorrow :) Wish I could watch it

muniu
Jan 4th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Ajde Jeca :woohoo:

Dominic
Jan 4th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Oh my god I cannot wait!

IceHock
Jan 4th, 2009, 06:56 PM
yah know even she gets creamed, i'm really excited to actually see her match when it gets uploaded on here, but of course it would be nicer to watch her win.

cn ireland
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Good luck Jelena:bounce::bounce:.

I just want her to play well, if she wins i'll be delighted:banana:!

Babolatpro880
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:41 PM
When it's 1030 in Brisbane, what time would it be in EST? Sorry lol I'm not so good with time zones. And is it supposed to rain in Brisbane today?

GeeTee
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Bookmark this site immediately ;)
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

about 7.30pm in New York, I think - but Jelena's not up first, so it will be at least a coupla hours later than that

Brisbane Forecast for today
Mostly fine. Just the chance of a morning shower. Mostly moderate SE winds. Max 30

It won't be a downpour like Saturday.

Babolatpro880
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Bookmark this site immediately ;)
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

about 7.30pm in New York, I think - but Jelena's not up first, so it will be at least a coupla hours later than that

Brisbane Forecast for today
Mostly fine. Just the chance of a morning shower. Mostly moderate SE winds. Max 30

It won't be a downpour like Saturday.

:worship: Hopefully the first couple matches don't take long, although even if they're a couple of hours each Jelena should be playing around 1130 PM my time.

Uranium
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Blah, whatever:lol:
I am excited for AO, if she gets a good draw she could go far.

Just Do It
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Lost 6-7 6-7. I am devastated :(

Mashabator
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:04 AM
"After the match Dokic said the loss hurt, but she was happy with the way she played."
Good sign :), as long as she was positive, she played amazing, i was soo happy being able to watch it.

Keadz
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Well I was pissed off at her attitude in the second set. But still extremely surprised at how well she was playing. So patient in the first set!

Gotta work on that serve thought still.

Hopefully see her in the top 100 very soon!

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:25 AM
i watched the match = i was soooo proud of her.

im not even kidding - she was honestly playing at a top ten level - mauresmo played extremely well, big serves, volleying vintage 2006 amelie style, retrieving well and while her forehand fell apart at times she was very solid and agressive from the baseline for the most part.

however Dokic dominated almost every rally, hitting each ball early extremely hard and flat, deep into the court. her serve was actually very good if u dont count all the double faults - but the nerves are of course acceptable :)

this match was played at such a high level and Dokic was clearly the better player it was just her nerves and Amelie's solid play that won the match.

if she keeps it up i would bet top 30 by years end :)

louloubelle
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Thats great to hear about Jelena's good form.
Im just relieved that she's capable of playing at a top 50 (or above) level again. It's hard to judge form from wildcard playoffs. Interesting weeks ahead for Jelena!

Andy.
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I have to say I was really pleased and suprised at how well she played. She is right now playing like a top 30 player and she will only get better. She really deserved that match and it was only a few lapses that cost her. All in all she can be very proud of how well she played. What impressed me more than anything was that she didnt fall apart and go away in the second which is what I thought would happen after the first set she fought all the way and even came back at Amelie which was great to see.

Harvs
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:41 AM
GREAT signs though... so disappointing though:( so close to that first set! AAAAGH SO MANY SP'S!

SM
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Jelena was in control of ever rally and ended most with a winner, she was hitting the ball as well as ever...except for the mental aspect of her game, the rest was already top ten today

SM
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:01 AM
she made mauresmo luck like a scrub most of the time :o

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:48 AM
she definitely played like a top ten player - Zvonerava's agression, Dementieva's depth and Ivanovic's power. im so impressed!

doktor
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:03 AM
So very impressed after today... she was brilliant... and lookin red hot... I liked the channel 7 ladys commentators comment "Jelena is like a malfunctionin firework... you never know where shes gonna hit it" also liked the occasional backhand dropshot, was like the old days

Cankarlo
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:10 AM
So very impressed after today... she was brilliant... and lookin red hot... I liked the channel 7 ladys commentators comment "Jelena is like a malfunctionin firework... you never know where shes gonna hit it" also liked the occasional backhand dropshot, was like the old days

Sam Smith is joy to listen. I love her comments;)

ozfan44
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Bugger!! Great to see Jelena pushed her....but a win would have beeen sooooo much better!!

Hope she can get a couple matches next week before AO!!

ce
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:34 AM
i would love to watch this match
Jelena :hug:

GeeTee
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:29 AM
And like Sam Smith said (would appreciate a coach who can give an extra dimension - she sure has the ability):

For Jelena:

a) plan A is to serve hard and hit hard
b) plan B is to serve harder and hit harder..

Slutiana
Jan 5th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Glad she hit so well, from the sounds of it she could do BIG THINGS this year if she fixes up her serve and other things. She never used to be one of the big big hitters though. :eek: From the sounds of it she was hitting the cover off the ball today. :speakles:

King Aaron
Jan 5th, 2009, 01:24 PM
:sad: So close yet so far for Jelena. I'm really happy to read that she played well. But I'm not sure what this will do to her already fragile confidence and self belief. Judging from her comments, it looks like she's taking it positively. Here's to a better week in Sydney! :)

Langers
Jan 5th, 2009, 01:25 PM
She was soooooo impressive, seriously she played so much better than I thought she would.

I just hope she isn't too down on all the missed chances, because there were a lot. She should focus on the positives because there were even more. She played fantastic, play like that against the majority of the tour and you get a win.

Watching her again today made me realise how much I like her. Please Jelena, get your ranking to the level your talent says it should.

matty
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:30 PM
i watched the match = i was soooo proud of her.

im not even kidding - she was honestly playing at a top ten level - mauresmo played extremely well, big serves, volleying vintage 2006 amelie style, retrieving well and while her forehand fell apart at times she was very solid and agressive from the baseline for the most part.

however Dokic dominated almost every rally, hitting each ball early extremely hard and flat, deep into the court. her serve was actually very good if u dont count all the double faults - but the nerves are of course acceptable :)

this match was played at such a high level and Dokic was clearly the better player it was just her nerves and Amelie's solid play that won the match.

if she keeps it up i would bet top 30 by years end :)

I also was amazed at how hard she was hitting--but i think her negative attitude cost her the match. At times she just seemed so distraught--like she didn't care...then she'd just get back into the match. I always harp on the negative attitude thing with my faves (hantuchova especially)---but it is so flippin important! Your body does what your mind tells it to do.

This is off the subject a bit, but in some of those photos, there's like a "hundred years of grief" on Jelena's face. She seems to have been through so much and worked so hard to get to this point-- I so hope she gets back in the top 20 and stays there for quite a few yrs.

I still can't believe we saw her entire main draw match on TV and how brilliant she was at times!

On a positive note, she did say she was "proud of herself"---just needs to be proud of herself while she's playing the match.

Dominic
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:32 PM
That loss is a heart breaker. She had so many chances and everytime just threw them away. I hope it was the fact that she hasnt played at this level for a long time and shell eventually get over that. Her second serve should be her main focus. Her groundies are out of this world, she is easily in the hardest hitters on the tour.

LindsayRulz
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:16 PM
That was a good match from Jelena, didn't expect her to play at that level. I didn't remember she was hitting the ball that hard. :eek: Hope she won't be too disappointed with this loss.

cn ireland
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Well i'm a little disappointed that Jelena lost after having so many chances at least she pushed the world #23 and I just hope she takes positives from the match and does well next week;)

doktor
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:58 AM
And like Sam Smith said (would appreciate a coach who can give an extra dimension - she sure has the ability):

For Jelena:

a) plan A is to serve hard and hit hard
b) plan B is to serve harder and hit harder..

That was the best quote of the match!!

hdfb
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I have to say Jelena did have more variety 6 years ago when she was on the top of her game than she does now.

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:21 PM
the variety will come with a few months of wta level matches under her belt. she can only get better right? :)

ChinChin
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I'm pretty sad Jelly lost, but if she can just change that damn second serve so she can cut down the DFs, she could regain top 100 so easily with the groundies she has. I just hope she can have a little breakthrough in next week's tournament or at the Australian Open so she can keep her moral up...