PDA

View Full Version : WTA Auckland ( int. event )

Elwin.
Dec 29th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Misa got a QWC for this event :)
Qualifying will start jan. 2nd so if i'm right Misa will play her first match at Thurday night EU time

Let's hope Misa can start the season with a win ( last years that hasn't been the case :sad: )
Good luck :inlove:

Dorien.
Dec 29th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Good luck :rocker:

Andiyan
Dec 30th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I have a lot of faith, secretly :D

DutchieGirl
Dec 30th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Quallies starts on Saturday according to one of the NZ posters. I think it did last year now from memory too. Damn - I could have gone. :lol: Nah, not worth it for 2 days. ;)

Sasja
Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:26 AM
Yes, the new tennis starts! Hopefully with a couple of wins for Misa. She will play Carly Gullickson (USA, 155) in the 1st round of quallies. 2nd match on Centre Court Saturday 3 Jan.(first match starts at 09.30). Good luck Misa!!!!!!

Elwin.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:46 AM
Nice draw :yeah:

she will play her match around 11PM dutch time

Sasja
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:22 PM
She starts well, winning the first set 6-0. Carly has only made 6 points in the 1st set. Keep it up Misa!

Sasja
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:58 PM
Yes! 6-0 6-4 in less than a hour. A bit of a shame that she was broken while serving for the match at 5-2. But a nice start for her. In round 2 she will play Neuza Silva or Julie Ditty. They are playing right now. Hopefully Misa can add some more wins and reach the MD... GL in round 2!

DutchieGirl
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:47 PM
Yes well she should have won 6-0 6-1...but ture of the other 3 games she lost, 2 were on Carly's serve - which she didn;t have problems to break to get into a winning position. She still needs to work a bit on the mental side it seems. ;)

But great win and just a pity if Neuza wins that they have to play each other (coz I like Neuza too).

Sasja
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:46 AM
Her next opponent is Neuza Silva. She beat Ditty 6-4 6-2. It is the 2nd match on Centre Court. 1st match start at 10am. So around 11.30pm Dutch time.
De MD is also out. Qualifiers face A. Pavlyuchenkova, M. Domachowska, E. Vesnina or C. Wozniacki.

Hopefully it will be getting easier for Misa to stay in the lead and close matches, because it could be quite dangerous to let some players get back in to a match. I think it was important for her to get some wins at the end of last year in Bratislava so she could end her awful year a little bit positive. Now she needs to stay healthy, take one match at a time and I think the results will definitely come again. Well to look on the bright side, she does not have a lot of points to defend this year! ;) She won her first match in June (Birmingham) where she reached round 3, a 1/4 final in 's-Hertogenbosch and a final in Bratislava (Oct.)

Good luck in round 2 Misa!

DutchieGirl
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:50 AM
:lol: Great that you can sum up Misa's whole year in about 2 sentences. :lol:

Obviously hoping that if Misa qualifies she gets Vesnina or Domachowska. Pavly or Wozniacki would be alot tougher.

Sasja
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
:lol: Great that you can sum up Misa's whole year in about 2 sentences. :lol:

Obviously hoping that if Misa qualifies she gets Vesnina or Domachowska. Pavly or Wozniacki would be alot tougher.

:lol: I wanted the sum up the tournaments where she has few WTA-points to defend. Unfortunately that were only those 3 :lol:
Well let's just hope we will need a whole lot more sentences to sum up her best results of 2009! :yeah:
And yes, if she makes the MD, the competition is a lot tougher. First wait and see if she can beat Neuza.
I read you were going to the AO. I am so jealous! Have fun, but I am sure you will. I will be going to 's-Hertogenbosch (and ATP Rotterdam), not quite the same though. :lol:

Elwin.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:41 AM
Overall it was a good match. nice serving percentage especially in the first set :lol: :hearts:

now against Neuza :sad: Good Luck Misa!

DutchieGirl
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:56 AM
:lol: I wanted the sum up the tournaments where she has few WTA-points to defend. Unfortunately that were only those 3 :lol:
Well let's just hope we will need a whole lot more sentences to sum up her best results of 2009! :yeah:
And yes, if she makes the MD, the competition is a lot tougher. First wait and see if she can beat Neuza.
I read you were going to the AO. I am so jealous! Have fun, but I am sure you will. I will be going to 's-Hertogenbosch (and ATP Rotterdam), not quite the same though. :lol:
:haha: No I know - that's what I meant. It's bad that you (or anyone) can sum up her year in 2 sentences. :lol: But already 2009 is starting better. She should be able to beat neuza, but yeah you never know what happens. But she is now back in the top 200. :yippee:

I was at Rosmalen (and Wimbledon) last year. I will go again this year too. I won't be in NL when Rotter(ing)dam is on though. But I'm moving to Den Haag in April (from Australia) :angel:

Dorien.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Good first round win, keep going ;)

Nederlander RUS
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:59 PM
great win, Misa :p next: Neuza, I like both, but I hope that it will be an interesting match & the strongest one will win... So difficult to root for one of them, when you wish good luck to both :(

DutchieGirl
Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:50 PM
Yes, it's a bad draw - I like Neuza too. And Misa and Neuza are the only 2 left in the draw that I really like. :lol: But i still hope Misa will win of course. :p

hellas719
Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:34 PM
Misa leads Silva 5-4 in the first set.

DutchieGirl
Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah great! She won the first set 7-5, and we are mostly following it in the chat on her webpage. :lol:

hellas719
Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:58 PM
I'm following it on protennislive.com

DutchieGirl
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:00 PM
Yes, so ar we all - but we chat about it at the same time in the chat on her webpage. :p But it's mostly in Dutch.

hellas719
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:57 PM
Krajicek d.Silva 75 64:banana:.

I'm going to post some more in here, but not that much. I'm starting to like her:)

miss-jenah
Jan 4th, 2009, 06:48 AM
great win misa! good luck against morita!

Elwin.
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Hellas :rocker:

Well done Misa:yeah:
Morita should be tough

Dorien.
Jan 4th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah! Hopefully also a third win :rocker:

Whatzup
Jan 4th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Close, but a win is a win! :)
Now good luck against Morita, really don't know what to expect but I hope and think Misa will win, losing in the last qualifying round is tough so I hope she is able to defeat her and then we will also see where her level is at the moment. Good luck!

Btw, question I read in another forum that she isn't working with Dehous anymore? I thought that he would be her fulltime coach, I hope they are still working together because she really needs a real tenniscoach.

DutchieGirl
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Misa was only working with Dehous until the end of last year and then she would deicde if she was gonna continue or not. There is nothing certain about it yet. :unsure:

miss-jenah
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:53 AM
oh no misa lost!

Sasja
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Misa lost 2-6 6-2 5-7. On her website it said that Misa twisted her left ankle when she was leading 4-2 in the 3rd set! :sad: I hope it is not too serious.

DutchieGirl
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:26 AM
grmbl...

Dorien.
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:07 AM
:o I hope she is ok.

DutchieGirl
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I'm sure she's ok if she finished the match it can't have been that bad.

Dorien.
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Misa was only working with Dehous until the end of last year and then she would deicde if she was gonna continue or not. There is nothing certain about it yet. :unsure:

He is not in Australia with her because there are problems with the contract. Dehous is still in a negotiaton with Octagon about the contract.

DutchieGirl
Jan 5th, 2009, 09:51 PM
He is not in Australia with her because there are problems with the contract. Dehous is still in a negotiaton with Octagon about the contract.
Yes - so like I said - there's nothing certain yet.

Whatzup
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Very strange if I may say so.. if she want her career back on track this is the time to do so! Ok I understand there may be some problems but it's always with her. Other players can be coached by almost everyone and for her it doesn't work out most of the time. I hope she will make some clever decisions in the upcoming weeks, because if not I can't see her go back to the top 30. She hasn't impressed me so far in Auckland, I really thought she could qualify, ok her game is maybe better than some months ago, but it is going too slow like her father said in an interview last week. She had injuries before and came back stronger most of the time, now she keeps hanging in the same form and she now has to age to get back on her top, or she will stay a average top 100 player. This is not negative towards her, but be honest, on her 16th/17th she was playing two times better than she has played the last whole year till now, and that is not really positive. I hope Dehous can stay as her coach, I hope she will make a wise desicion how to go futher with Allistar (I think she knows by herself now how to stay fit) and get back to the top as soon as possible! She has the game, now she has to show the will! Good luck! :)

DutchieGirl
Jan 6th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Misa can't make up her mind who she wants as a coach. It's really silly. It's obvious to everyone that she needs SOMEONE as a tennis coach, and not just a fitness coach, but I am pretty certain she wants to keep working longer with Allistair, and so then I guess it's trying to decide if she wants to spend the money for a tennis coach too - which keeps coming up as an excuse why she doesn't have a tennis coach. :help:

We saw this same thing happen with Dokic and Sprem when they worked with AJ - their ranking was down and they didn't get it up until they are working with someone else. :lol:

bakkie pleur
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:07 PM
blablabla

DutchieGirl
Jan 7th, 2009, 09:54 PM
erm ok then.

Dorien.
Jan 9th, 2009, 01:49 PM
De Hous gaat niet verder met Krajicek
Tenniscoach Marc De Hous heeft besloten zich terug te trekken uit de onderhandelingen met MichaŽlla Krajicek.

MichaŽlla Krajicek. (foto belga)
"De onderhandelingen, die zich nochtans in het laatste stadium bevonden, kregen een beslissende wending door het feit dat MichaŽlla onlangs liet weten dat ze in de toekomst de Verenigde Staten als uitvalsbasis verkiest en slechts een achttal weken in Europa zal vertoeven", verduidelijkte De Hous.

"Tijdens de proefperiode werd er nog getraind op de banen van het VTV Opleidingscentrum in Wilrijk. Gezien het belang dat Marc hecht aan zijn familiale situatie is het niet haalbaar voor hem om naast het vele reizen ook nog een buitenlandse uitvalsbasis te hebben", klinkt het. Deze week al was De Hous niet meegereisd met Krajicek naar het Australische Auckland, waar de Nederlandse in de derde kwalificatieronde van het WTA-tornooi onderuit ging.

De Hous werkte eerder al samen met onder andere Kim Clijsters, Xavier Malisse en Kirsten Flipkens. Hij gaat nu zelf op zoek naar een nieuwe uitdaging.

sport.be

Gerben
Jan 9th, 2009, 02:14 PM
So she's going to move to USA some day? I wonder why that is. She never mentioned it before.

AndriesWijma
Jan 24th, 2009, 10:51 AM
So she's going to move to USA some day? I wonder why that is. She never mentioned it before.

Now we know it... the rumours were true. I don't like being the one to open a new thread about this. It is getting a really sad story, especially for her family.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/tennis/3080399/__Krajicek_verbreekt_alle_banden__.html?p=3,1

"Er zijn veel slangen en oneerlijke mensen in de tenniswereld, dus ik heb iemand als hem nodig om mezelf gefocust te houden op mijn sport."

Een getrouwde man die het doet met zijn pupil... ja zo'n eerlijk iemand heb je nodig. :help:

miss-jenah
Jan 24th, 2009, 11:01 AM
oh noooooooooooooo! misa be smart! parents, family and friends are very very important!

bakkie pleur
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Is this the end of her career, because of some sick old MARRIED man??????/

DutchieGirl
Jan 24th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Well I said it was true already, but people didn't wanna listen. :p She has also had a go at one journalist in particular on her website. Things are just getting worse and worse. :( :bigcry:

Dorien.
Jan 26th, 2009, 01:12 PM
:eek:

graftak
Jan 28th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Who is Krajicek? Is she Slovakian?

DutchieGirl
Jan 28th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Who is Krajicek? Is she Slovakian?
That's a joke right? :lol:

Her background (both parents born in Czech Rep) is Czech, but she's Dutch.