PDA

View Full Version : ASB Classic 2009 - a chance for Eleni to end her losing streak

kittyking
Dec 28th, 2008, 01:48 AM
- Good she deserves it, undeniable loyalty rewarded

Two-time ASB Classic champion Eleni Daniilidou will be given the final wild card for next week's women's tournament.

Tournament organisers are unable to confirm the move.

But Fairfax Media can reveal the Greek starlet, who triumphed over all in 2003 and 2004, will be given the last free pass into the main draw.

Daniilidou has had a poor 2008 and has not won a match since a win over Klara Zakopalova from the Czech Republic at Indian Wells back in March.

That win has been followed by 11 straight losses with her world ranking dropping from 37 to 144.

But Daniilidou has shown strong loyalty to the Auckland Classic over several years.

This will be the seventh time she has been to the Auckland tournament where she has become the fans' favourite.

Daniilidou joins Croatian Lucic and controversially, 38-year-old Kimiko Date Krumm from Japan as the tournament's other recipients of the wild cards.

hellas719
Dec 28th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Well, she deserves it. Good for her.

PAME ELENI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bероника
Dec 28th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Good news :bounce:

Dorien.
Dec 29th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Great news :banana:

forever_rafter
Dec 30th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Just brilliant :bounce: Good luck babes!

merda2004
Jan 1st, 2009, 06:47 PM
yea good luck eleni.

hellas719
Jan 2nd, 2009, 01:34 AM
This should be Eleni's Auckland thread. Btw, tenisci told me that Eleni won't be playing doubles with Jaz:D. Maybe Eleni dumped her:D:devil:.

Dorien.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:29 PM
:o It isn't because they aren't playing together for one tournament, she dumped her

hellas719
Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:58 PM
She did? Zito i Eleni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now get a decent doubles partner!!!!!!!!!

hellas719
Jan 3rd, 2009, 12:52 AM
MD is out!
Eleni vs.Rezai in R1.
If she wins, she'll get either a qualifier or (7)Pavlyuchenkova in R2.

Pame Eleni!!!!!!
I wonder who she'll play doubles with:confused:

kittyking
Jan 3rd, 2009, 12:56 AM
Will definately play on Centre Court (thanks to Rezai making it the furthest of any returning player this year) - looking forward to it! Not sure if I'll be online at all during the week but will do a mini match report thingy when I get back if you like :)
Oh and yea il try to get photos :)

forever_rafter
Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:50 AM
Not sure if I'll be online at all during the week but will do a mini match report thingy when I get back if you like :)

oh we would love to :)

you better do girl ;)

forever_rafter
Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:52 AM
:o It isn't because they aren't playing together for one tournament, she dumped her

exactly my thought. If I remember well, last season Jaz missed a few tourneys as well. So let's not hurry with the conclusion.

merda2004
Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Will definately play on Centre Court (thanks to Rezai making it the furthest of any returning player this year) - looking forward to it! Not sure if I'll be online at all during the week but will do a mini match report thingy when I get back if you like :)

hey thanks for the info...if they do play and the match is available online please let us know!!!!

merda2004
Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:06 AM

OH MY GOD
i really hope that this is true!If she got rid of jaz its the smartest thing she did in ages!

merda2004
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:11 AM
oh i just saw the draw!its not bad for eleni!!!she can easily reach round 3 if she plays to her ability! IF!
by the way speaking of online matches bet365 have live steamings of the tournament!maybe if we are lucky enough we can see eleni live!!!

forever_rafter
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:18 AM
OH MY GOD
i really hope that this is true!If she got rid of jaz its the smartest thing she did in ages!

I think it's not what Dorien meant. I guess she meant that only because they're not playing doubles in Auckland doesn't mean they're no longer a team.

Dorien.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
I think it's not what Dorien meant. I guess she meant that only because they're not playing doubles in Auckland doesn't mean they're no longer a team.

Yes, thanks Ula that's what i mean. ;)

Winable first round, so let's gooo!

merda2004
Jan 3rd, 2009, 07:34 PM

its same difference!!!!the main thing is still the same!eleni needs to get rid of jaz!
they can stay "friends"i dont care!but on court and as a coach she needs someone a lot better!

hellas719
Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
Where is the doubles draw?

Bероника
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:33 AM
When does she play first match?

Bероника
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I found it ;) now I only have to find out time difference with Europe

Center Court [11:00 start]
Rezai vs. Daniilidou

Good luck!!!!! :bounce:

Tenisci
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Jasmin Woehr is playing with Ipek Senoglu :)

No Daniilidou in the draw

forever_rafter
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Maybe ELeni decided to focus on singles this year and doubles only at Grand Slams or something like that.

hellas719
Jan 4th, 2009, 04:33 PM
No doubles for Eleni :confused:. If Eleni is back to normal, she can go pretty far here. She plays Rezai at 7:00PM New York time, so I'll be awake to go on protennislive.com. I hope it doesn't interfere with Baghdatis' match.

merda2004
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:04 PM
bet365.com is showing the match via live streaming!!!
eleni looks nice but that haircut makes her look like a bloke!

hellas719
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:12 PM
link?

Bероника
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:06 PM
oh she looks perfect with that haircut :hearts:

merda2004
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:22 PM
www.bet365.com come on hellas! lol
so its one set all! jaz is coaching eleni for sure.she came on court during the break and gave eleni advices of what to do!
lets see.
her serve and movement is better but her serve defo needs more work.

Bероника
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:28 PM
yeah i saw that

come on in third set!!!

merda2004
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:28 PM
oh and she should mix her serve!everytime she mixes it then she wins the point!

hellas719
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Uggh! I hate giving out personal info on the internet. I a girl in New York that got raped by a website owner. I don't mind the scoreboard watching. How does Eleni look? I hate that short hair. She would look a lot better if she had long hair. Christos, are you following the Baghdatis-Niemenen match later? It didn't start yet though.

merda2004
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:49 PM
eleni is getting tired!
come on girl...fight!

merda2004
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Uggh! I hate giving out personal info on the internet. I a girl in New York that got raped by a website owner. I don't mind the scoreboard watching. How does Eleni look? I hate that short hair. She would look a lot better if she had long hair. Christos, are you following the Baghdatis-Niemenen match later? It didn't start yet though.

no only lenas match.
why dont u watch it?its free to register!
anyway...lets see if eleni can fight back!u might not see it but she is getting tired.anyway goodnight!!!

hellas719
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Uggh!
Rezai FRA d.Daniilidou GRE 63 36 63:sad::help:

-Eleni had a loit of chances. She was up 2-0 in the first set, and then 3-2, but she couldn't take it:sad:.
In the 2nd set, she was up 4-0, and then it was 4-3, but she got 2 more games to win that set. It was probably the best match since her comeback. Maybe a tie with the one against Kvitova. Anyways, I think she is back to the way she was before her injury. I heard that her footwork was really bad though. Now off to Baghdatis-Nieminen!

Dorien.
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Sad, she lost such a close one :sad:

forever_rafter
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Presonally, I love Eleni's haircut. She looks gorgeous, she's gorgeous. Pics anyone?
It's a pity she lost but it was a close match and I think it's a good sign for future matches.

merda2004
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:41 AM
its a pitty she lost but...if u saw the match on live stream it was obvious that she was getting tired!she needs to do something with her fitness level!she was out of breath at some long rallies!
and her serve needs more improvement!most of the times she served straight to rezais body!when she found the lines or the corner of the court she won the point!
one thing i didnt like was seeing jaz as her coach!eleni needs someone far more experienced than jaz!
lets hope she wins the next match!

forever_rafter
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Unfortunately I didn't have a pleasure of seeing Eleni's match.

Bероника
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I only found this pic,Ula

http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/783700.jpg

forever_rafter
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:55 AM
oh she looks perfect with that haircut :hearts:

I'm happy that someone agrees with me on that :)

Dorien.
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:56 AM
i don't see her haircut on that pic :lol:

Is it the same like the end of last year? :p

forever_rafter
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I only found this pic,Ula

http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/783700.jpg

Nice arms :)

Dorien.
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Nice arms :)

The pic was for the haircut :p ;)

forever_rafter
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:06 AM
The pic was for the haircut :p ;)

I don't mind at all ;)

Bероника
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Ok,I found some more :hearts: but don't know how to copy them from that site in here,so follow the link and see it:
http://www.jamd.com/search/?q=danilidou

and yeah very nice arms :drool:

forever_rafter
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Ok,I found some more :hearts: but don't know how to copy them from that site in here,so follow the link and see it:

Thanks :) The haircut is pretty much the same = great. I don't like skirt though. I like Eleni in shorts.

merda2004
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:33 AM
yea the hair cut is almost the same!just a bit shorter!i cant believe that u like her like that!she looks like a good looking lad!
a bit longer is better!
and enough with her haircut!her performance and what she will do from now on are more important!

forever_rafter
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:51 AM
yea the hair cut is almost the same!just a bit shorter!i cant believe that u like her like that!she looks like a good looking lad!
a bit longer is better!

Of course her game is more important than her haircut but as I couldn't watch the match, I can only comment on the pics ;) And yes, I love her haircut. I think it suits her personality better :drool:

Dorien.
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I don't mind at all ;)

I know :lol:

Dorien.
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:21 PM

She looks cute in that outfit :)

Thanks for the link!

hellas719
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I like Eleni's hair the way it is in Ula's avatar.

hellas719
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I'll copy all the pics from jamd.com into her photo gallery. Also, we still get to see kittyking's pics.

forever_rafter
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:33 PM
I like Eleni's hair the way it is in Ula's avatar.

Mine is just a little bit shorter :)