PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know...ITF players, by *Jean*

*Jean*
Dec 27th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I have met a few players playing mainly on the ITF/Challenger tour, trying to climb or climb back the rankings, looking for the glory Ana, Jelena, Venus or Serena already have.
Contacted directly during the tournaments, or by emails or their websites, these interviews, looking like the "Getting to know" feature of the WTA Tour website will allow you knowing them better, and maybe discover new talented players you won't see on your screen usually.

UBEROI, Shikha [IND]

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3746/shikjp6.jpg

Where and when were you born ?
> I was born on 5th April 1983 at Mumbai, India.

What is your residence place ?
> I live at Mumbai, India.

When have you started playing tennis ?
> I started playing when I was 6.

What are your aims and schedules for the 2009 season ?
> Australia and then asian tournaments.

Who is (are) your coach(s) ?
> Tarik Benhabiles and Mahesh Uberoi.

What do you think about the life on ITF tournaments ?
> It's great but I wish we had more TV coverage and more fans to come out to watch us.

What are the best tournaments you have played at so far ?
> All the Grand Slams and Bali on the WTA Tour.

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJean%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Arial Narrow"; panose-1:2 11 6 6 2 2 2 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:186; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 2048 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Arial Narrow"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-weight:bold; mso-bidi-font-weight:normal;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --></style>Who are your best/closest friends on the Tour ?
> My sister Neha and Sania Mirza.

How would you describe your game ?
> All rounder, with two-handed backhand and I'm right handed, I love to go to the net.

How do you see yourself at the end of the 2009 season ?
> In the top 150.

Favourites musics, movies, actors ?
> Bollywood, Will Smith, All types of music.

A quote, a sentence to conclude this interview, something you often say yourself while playing for example ?
> Aim excellence, not perfection.

Elwin.
Dec 27th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Nice :D :yeah:

*Jean*
Dec 27th, 2008, 02:21 PM
CIOLKOWSKI, Nelly [FRA]

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9274/ciol1jt2.jpg

> I was born on 11th June 1990 at Neuilly sur Marne, France.

> I live at Paris, France.

> I started playing when I was 8.

> I'm gonna try to make an entire season, without any injuries, having a WTA ranking again, playing as often as possible.

> Patrick Martelet.

> Fight, pleasure and show, just with less money than WTA events, but it's fine too on Challengers.

> Cagnes sur Mer, ITF.

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJean%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoht %20%20ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Arial Narrow"; panose-1:2 11 6 6 2 2 2 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:186; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 2048 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Arial Narrow"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-weight:bold; mso-bidi-font-weight:normal;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --></style>Who are your best/closest friends on the Tour ?
> Cindy Chala, Caroline Hitimana, and all the French players in general.

> Right handed, two-handed backhand, baseliner.

> In good shape, I hope !

Favourites musics, movies, actors, fan of ?
> I'm just fan of art in general, I like all the different ways artist can express themselves. I listen to a lot of different musics, it just depends of my mood !

A quote, a sentence to conclude this interview, something you often say yourself while playing for example ?
> "Follow your heart".

Geoffrey91
Dec 27th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I didn't know Nelly was injured. It explains her bad season.

iPatty
Dec 27th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Interesting stuff, thanks for doing this Jean.

I didn't know Benhabiles (old coach of Andy Roddick) was coaching Shikha - any idea when they began working together?

CooCooCachoo
Dec 27th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks Jean :D

Shikha rocks :rocker: Her goal is to crack Top 150 by the end of 2009? :eek: I think it will be very, very hard, but I hope she can do it.

Jose.
Dec 27th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Nice thread :worship:

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 27th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Awesome thread Jean ! :bounce:

Sexysova
Dec 27th, 2008, 08:59 PM
awesome :yeah:

^bibi^
Dec 27th, 2008, 09:12 PM
so you finally found a point in having all thse players in your facebook friends :lol:

but nice thread, keep 'em coming :p

Andreas
Dec 27th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Nice idea Jean :)

Farina Elia Fan
Dec 28th, 2008, 02:01 PM
keep them coming :bounce:

Petkorazzi
Dec 28th, 2008, 04:41 PM
ALAWI, Jaklin [BUL]

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9388/p8050514ju0.jpg

> I was born on 28th December 1990 in Sofia, Bulgaria.

> I live in Sofia.

> I started playing when I was 9.

> Well I don't know, I don't have special goals. Just to play my best, enjoying practicing and tennis matches and trying to win every match.

> My tennis coach is Hristo Gruev at tennis club DEMA Sofia.

> Well it's pretty hard to have your own life because you don't have time for going out and that stuff but I like it because I see many different countries learning different languages, making new friendships and getting to know the world better.

> Well I think junior tourneys. I won Eddie Herr 16s doubles in 2006, many Bulgarian tournaments, I have one final at Damascus 10 000 , played 100 000 this year.

Who are your best/closest friends on the Tour ?
> Desislava Mladenova & Magali De Lattre.

> well I think I am an agressive baseliner with single handed forehand and double handed backhand and I prefer to make the rallies. I prefer to volley more, I don't like Spanish topspin clay-court playing style, and I like Hardcourts the most.

> well I will try this year to give everything from me and I hope it's gonna be twice better then 2008 and I hope to get in top 500.

Favourites musics, movies, actors ?
> I like all kind of music except country and jazz. My favourite is hip-hop and rock. I love Angelina Jolie and Sandra Bullock, Densel Washington. favourite movie is "300".

> Don't give up, go for this point, try to make the game.

Petkorazzi
Dec 28th, 2008, 04:41 PM
How nice of her to give me the interview on her birthday. :yeah:

P.S. I suppose we could add here also. :unsure:

*Jean*
Dec 28th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Yeah sure, I'll try to post more of them too, but if you know some players you can ask them these kinds of interviews, post them !

Nidalgina
Dec 28th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks Gigi :D

theklein
Dec 28th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Great thread ta.

hellas719
Dec 28th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Great thread!

Geoffrey91
Dec 29th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Cindy Chala
Interview on OGF website

http://media.sporever.fr/medias/76824

Cindy Chala, Why do you want to become a professional tennis player ?
In my family, everyone plays tennis and I wanted to imitate my big brother so I started. At the beginning, I played once a week in La Celle Saint-Cloud’s club without liking that. I wanted more to stay with my friends than other thing. And then after playing some matches, I kept winning and improving and I got caught in tennis. It was probably thanks to some wins. I was detected by the Ligue and I played several national matches

You’re a Martina Hingis’s fan : Does this kind of players motive you in tennis ?
Yes, I do of course. When I was little, I saw all her matches at the TV. I always loved her game. She’s not very tall like me. It’s sad that she retired.

You have changed your training place many times for your debuts…
After La Celle Saint-Cloupe, I went to train one year in Versailles. Then I spent few times in a little tennis academy where my father was my trainers. When I was 14, I trained one year with FFT. Then 2 years with Team Lagardère and for one year and half, I have been in Mouratoglou Academy.

Why did you leave Team Lagardère ?
First, we trained in Paris, then we went to Sophia-Antilopolis next to Nice. There It was complicated because I didn’t never come back at home. Therefore I came back in Paris to Mouratoglou Academy (www.mtateam.com). I sleep there during the week and every week end, I am at home.

Tell us about your collaboration with Patrick Mouratoglou ?
Very fine. It’s quite the coach of all players but as her can’t be everywhere, he gives instructions to other trainers. At this moment, he is often with Russian Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. Financially, he helps me to pay all my travels. It’s his academy, he has his own courts in Yvelines.

How are your trainings going now ?
Luis Moris is my trainer. It’s a Chilian who speack French very well and studied in USA. I have trained with him since I arrived here and It works well. He likes that I’m the most consistent possible and I play many matches. Mentally, I worked hard, even outside the court. He tries to teas me to see if I’m getting irritated. I’m getting nervours during my matches but It’s getting better (laugh).

Do your nerves have a consequence during your matches ?
Yes. I’ve already lost matches because I was nervous. To gain serenity, I need to work every day. I need to play many matches for that. It helped me also to stay calm with my brothers and my mother…

You’re growing up, you can still gain serenity .
Yes, I begin to grow up now !

What are your main weapons in your game ?
First I’m lefty player and I’m quite little. Therefore serves over 200km/h, It’s not for me (laugh). I’ve some varieties in my game and I attacked very early. I don’t go often at the net but I try to be in the court when I can.

What do you want to improve the most at the moment ?
Consistency. It’s my mental finally. Don’t give points, hold the points and the match.

What are your opinions about your season ?
Good but a bit too much injuries. At the Australian Open, I had an abdominals tear. I played one month after in Sud American without be in 100%. I had some pains in a row. Since December I am in rest due to my back. I had a growth ill at the age of 13..

How do you see this new season ?
First, I’m going to stop juniors to play ITF and WTA. I’ve already a little ranks. I’m not far of Top 500 now. I will start to play some 10 000$ and 25 000$ tournaments in Europe. And maybe would I have a WC for Roland Garros if I play well. It would be great. My aim is top 200.

Would you like to play the Open GDF SUEZ ?
Oh oui ! I always went ther when I was younger. But the « cut » is too high and I’m really far to be in.

You are 17, How are your studies going on ?
It’s complicated. I’m working with CNED (=correspondence) since I’m in 4eme. It worked quite well but since I have left the Team Lagardère, I haven’t any teachers. I was studying in ES (economic&Social) but after 2/3 monthes, I think It’s impossible. With CNED, we can have our Bac in 4 years. I will think about what I will do in January or September. Maybe I will do a technological study.

And if you can’t become professional ?
.Since I’m a little girl, I want to be psychologist but I need to have a Bac S (scientific). It will be hard. Manager could be interesting. Many jobs are interesting in communication.

How do you spent your time now and what are your friends in the tournaments ?
I have less time than other girls but I can see them. Tennisplayers travel a lot and I like it. I’ve several good friends : Caroline Hitimana or Amandine Hesse. During tournaments, there are some little rivalries about guys and rumours… But I always tries to stay outside that(laugh).

Petkorazzi
Dec 29th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Thank you :)

Can Tobi or TBE stick this thread? I'm sure it deserves it.

spiceboy
Dec 29th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I'd say Shika's pic is Neha's but still great thread :lol:

¤CharlDa¤
Dec 30th, 2008, 02:27 AM
I was about to mention the pic issue ;) It's def Neha.

Shikha is so amazing!

Tennis-Chick
Dec 30th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the interviews, especially the Chala one. Cool idea!

nouf
Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:51 PM
so you finally found a point in having all thse players in your facebook friends :lol:

but nice thread, keep 'em coming :p

ahahhaa

i see nelly gave to u one of my pic lol

*Jean*
Jan 2nd, 2009, 03:02 PM
Anastasia MALHOTRA [JPN]

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v323/226/49/596580564/n596580564_4401119_9992.jpg

I was born in Japan (Gifu) then moved to the UK when I was a baby (mother is Japanese and father is British. But my father's father was Indian and his mother was half greek and British)... That explains the name and why I don't look totaly Japanese..

I was born on Dec 12th 1989.

I lived in the UK for 11 years and now I'm currently living in Japan.

Well my tournament schedule isn't definite as of now, but I'm planning on playing all the tournaments in Japan for sure.

My aim for 2009 is to hopefully win some ITF events and reach the top 200 by the end of the year.

My father (Roger Malhotra) is my coach.

Life on the ITF circuit..hmm, I love to travel and see new places so playing tennis always gives me the chance to do that. Most of the ITF events I play, my friends are playing aswell so I get to be with them which is always nice..Usually the hospitality is very good and the staff and officials are very professional and friendly. The travelling side can be at times physically and mentally tiering, escpcially when im in another country..But I really love competing and playing tennis so overall I enjoy life on the ITF circuit.

Most of the tournaments i've played have been nice. Obviously the bigger the tournament, the more hospitality you get. But i'd have to say my favorit tournaments have been "Duabi, Delhi, Carson CA and Tokyo" because i felt most comfortable and at home.

I have so many friends on the tour hehe,but the players i've known for longest and spend more time with are " Rika Fujiwara, Tomoko Sugano, Kumiko Iijima, Cassandra Barr, Hisami Kanae, Vivek Shokeen, Michael Ryderstedt, Marin Cilic, Shikha & Neha uberoi..."

Left-handed, Double-handed backhand...All round..

I hope to be in the top 200 by the end of the season and playing WTA events..

My favorite movies are, "All Quentin Tarantino movies, I'm classsic movie fan (Breakfast club, Pretty in Pink..) God father 1,2,3 , Gladiator, Rocky 1,2,3,4,5 , Raging Bull, Scarface, Man on Fire, Wedding crashers, Austin Powers..."

Favorite actors, Robert De niro, Al pacino, Johnny Depp, Jack Nickleson, Clint Eastwood, Denzil Washington, Paul Newman, Steve Mcqueen, Angelina Jolie, Natalie Portman, charlize Theron, Audrey Hepburn ...

Favorite Music, R&B, Rock, Pop, House, Trance.. (Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Rihanna, Ne-Yo, DJ Sasha, DJ Tiesto,..)

Favorite stars, Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie...

"Always look at what you have left.Never look at what you have lost."

nouf
Jan 2nd, 2009, 03:27 PM
tu l'as rencontré ou anastasia ?? ITF facebook lol car ah moins que tu sois allé en asie je vois pas !

CooCooCachoo
Jan 2nd, 2009, 04:15 PM
tu l'as rencontré ou anastasia ?? ITF facebook lol car ah moins que tu sois allé en asie je vois pas !

This is an English-language forum :rolleyes:

CooCooCachoo
Jan 2nd, 2009, 04:18 PM
I love how Malhotra writes Nickleson :lol:

Geoffrey91
Jan 2nd, 2009, 04:22 PM
She's cute.

*Jean*
Jan 2nd, 2009, 04:28 PM
This is an English-language forum :rolleyes:

I assure you it's better when he writes in French, his English is not ready yet to be seen by everyone, someone could lose an eye. :lol:

-sugi-
Jan 2nd, 2009, 05:22 PM
How do you know Malhotra? I wish I got to speak to her. :sad:

*Jean*
Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
She is the friend of a friend of mine, that's why she answered so well to all the questions. :p

hellas719
Jan 2nd, 2009, 07:08 PM
Cool. She's 25%Greek.

polishprodigy
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:36 PM
I'm happy that Anastasia explained her origins. She is 25% everything ;) Pretty cool as I always wondered how a Japanese girl like her had that Russian-Indian sounding name!

*Jean*
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:01 PM
DEKMEIJERE, Liga [LAT]

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/910/dekmeijere05rp3.jpg

I was born in Riga, Latvia, on the 21st of May 1983.
I started to play tennis at 6 years of age.
My residence is in Jelgava, Latvia, but honestly it's on the road, because I am at the most 3 weeks a year in Latvia, not more!
My aims for this year is to compete at all the Grand Slam tournaments in doubles.
My coach is Aivars Dekmeijers (my father), and there are many other I take advise from, so I can't really give names.
Life on the ITF tour hmm, it really sucks, it's like fighting all the time to get out of a sinking swamp, we get no attention, nobody cares about us and our comfort, I have often played on tennis courts that I'm sure weren't legal!
My favorite tournament is the Rogers Cup in Montreal or Toronto, but thats a WTA Tour event, on Challengers I like playing in the USA.
I can't name just some friends on the tour, because I do have a lot of them on the tour, but I was close of Nana Miyagi who was my regular partner.
About my game...Hmm...I like to play doubles, there is more action.
At the end of 2009 I just wanna see myself HAPPY for once...
My favorite movie is "The Bodyguard" Actress is Jessica Alba, Actor...there are a few I guess, but I like Paul Walker and love the gatorboy Paul Bedard Jr.
Quote: If you never try, you'll never know.

nouf
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:35 PM
She is the friend of a friend of mine, that's why she answered so well to all the questions. :p

yes she is the friend of friend of facebook me too lol
mais j'apprecie ton devouement c'est le meme genre que les interviews que je fesais sur mon site si j'ai pu donner une bonnée idée pourquoi pas

Andiyan
Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
Life on the ITF tour hmm, it really sucks, it's like fighting all the time to get out of a sinking swamp, we get no attention, nobody cares about us and our comfort, I have often played on tennis courts that I'm sure weren't legal!

At the end of 2009 I just wanna see myself HAPPY for once..

:speakles: She's so bitter. :sad:

Liga :hug:

Andreas
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:49 PM
Liga is so angry :lol:

Drake1980
Jan 4th, 2009, 01:35 AM
This is a great thread!:D

Drake1980
Jan 4th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Liga!::hearts:

ArturoAce.
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Liga is so frank about everything :lol:
its funny, i love it :hearts:

*Jean*
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:00 AM
mais j'apprecie ton devouement c'est le meme genre que les interviews que je fesais sur mon site si j'ai pu donner une bonnée idée pourquoi pas

Oh oui Nouf un modèle pour moi, un tel professionnalisme, un tel photographe, un tel journaliste...Tu es ma source, je le reconnais. Qui oserait dire que tu n'es pas l'inventeur personnifié de l'interview ? Franchement, ça serait abusé.

Golovinjured.
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:44 AM
DEKMEIJERE, Liga [LAT]

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/910/dekmeijere05rp3.jpg

I was born in Riga, Latvia, on the 21st of May 1983.
I started to play tennis at 6 years of age.
My residence is in Jelgava, Latvia, but honestly it's on the road, because I am at the most 3 weeks a year in Latvia, not more!
My aims for this year is to compete at all the Grand Slam tournaments in doubles.
My coach is Aivars Dekmeijers (my father), and there are many other I take advise from, so I can't really give names.
My favorite tournament is the Rogers Cup in Montreal or Toronto, but thats a WTA Tour event, on Challengers I like playing in the USA.
I can't name just some friends on the tour, because I do have a lot of them on the tour, but I was close of Nana Miyagi who was my regular partner.
About my game...Hmm...I like to play doubles, there is more action.
At the end of 2009 I just wanna see myself HAPPY for once...
My favorite movie is "The Bodyguard" Actress is Jessica Alba, Actor...there are a few I guess, but I like Paul Walker and love the gatorboy Paul Bedard Jr.
Quote: If you never try, you'll never know.

My god, what a cow!
Great thread, Jean :D

CooCooCachoo
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:24 AM

Oh my :ignore:

CooCooCachoo
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Dekmeijere :eek: :speakles:

She sure is very frank about everything.

nouf
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:14 AM
i sent ur questionnary to 350 players ITF are ok to do it
i will put interviews here

*Jean*
Jan 4th, 2009, 12:58 PM
No thanks. Do it on your successful french tennisforum if you want but it's my thread here.

Slutiana
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:14 PM
^LOL.

If you ever see Kalabina, do it to her! :inlove:

nouf
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:39 PM
No thanks. Do it on your successful french tennisforum if you want but it's my thread here.

ok :)
sorry its u the star lol i understand

nouf
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:44 PM
^LOL.

If you ever see Kalabina, do it to her! :inlove:

its possible

Just Do It
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:52 PM

That is kinda true :tape:

Petkorazzi
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:06 PM
i sent ur questionnary to 350 players ITF are ok to do it
i will put interviews here
350? That's nothing. :speakles: I thought you knew every player on tour. :shrug:

nouf
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:16 PM
350? That's nothing. :speakles: I thought you knew every player on tour. :shrug:

no my name is not jean lol

Petkorazzi
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Jean, some others have posted profiles here also, so I don't think it's only yours. :shrug:

*Jean*
Jan 4th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Well, Nouf is the friend of the stars, so it's not fair for us, poor little trolls of WtaWorld. :)

Slutiana
Jan 4th, 2009, 05:59 PM
its possible
DO IT!

Boreas
Jan 4th, 2009, 06:02 PM
^^That`s a nice request:lol::p

nouf
Jan 4th, 2009, 06:09 PM
i think it will be difficult for jean she is not on facebook lol

Golovinjured.
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Do I sense a bit of hostility from nouf towards Jean?
Any Aussie players coming up?

hellas719
Jan 5th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Any Greeks or Americans?

Drake1980
Jan 5th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Maybe we need a Jean vs. Nouf thread! :p

*Jean*
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:41 AM
:lol: I'd lose, he knows everyone. So you don't know Cibulkova is her best friend ? She said "Hi" to him at the French Open. He was so touched that he fell on the ground. :bigcry:

Drake1980
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:57 AM
:lol: I'd lose, he knows everyone. So you don't know Cibulkova is her best friend ? She said "Hi" to him at the French Open. He was so touched that he fell on the ground. :bigcry:

:lol:
If that makes them bestfriends then I must be married to her because she gave me a broken racket at Wimbledon Qualies!:lol:

*Jean*
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Don't say that, he's gonna be jealous again :p

Petkorazzi
Jan 5th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Peak Jean vs Peak Nouf? :confused: :haha:

*Jean*
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I'd won easily, what a question. :eek: :p

Petkorazzi
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:41 PM
So Nouf is past his peak and will never come back again? :confused:

THE KING IS DOWN. :worship:

nouf
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:02 PM
funny :)

Dorien.
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Is this a thread about ITF-players or about Jean and Nouf :confused:

:p

Petkorazzi
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:42 PM
:lol:
If that makes them bestfriends then I must be married to her because she gave me a broken racket at Wimbledon Qualies!:lol:
OMG they do that? :sobbing: I wanted to ask Cetkovska when she broke hers a bit, but I thought she'd smash me with it. :sad:

Drake1980
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:44 PM
OMG they do that? :sobbing: I wanted to ask Cetkovska when she broke hers a bit, but I thought she'd smash me with it. :sad:

It was actually Sergey Stakhovsky's racket. She was watching him and he smashed it and then gave it to her as they were walking back to the clubhouse. That's when I stepped in and asked for it.:angel::lol:

Petkorazzi
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:56 PM
:haha:

nouf
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Is this a thread about ITF-players or about Jean and Nouf :confused:

:p

agree :tape: sorry

DutchieGirl
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:12 AM
:lol: Liga - but it's true unfortunately. :awww:

Dav.
Jan 7th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I must be soul mates with Cibulkova since we had a nice conversation and took pics with me and laughd at my jokes. :hearts:

Kevin.
Jan 11th, 2009, 02:46 AM
my brother knows a ton of pro players, maybe he should do this :lol:

networthy
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Peak Jean vs Peak Nouf?

:haha: :lol: :haha: :lol:

Ballbasher
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:19 PM
I would like to read nouf's I'm sure they are interesting to be honest :)
But why has this turned into a fight between nouf and *Jean*

Iceland
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Because Nouf came up saying making such profiles is one of his ideas.

Europe rocks
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Some nice interviews amongst the bitching here :lol:

Alizé Molik
Jan 13th, 2009, 04:17 AM
merci jean! i've always liked Liga and now I know why!

Petkorazzi
Jan 26th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Totally forgot about this, I took it in Spring last year. :)

Margalita Chakhnashvili

1) Hello Margalita. Could you tell us a bit about yourself, where you were born and grew up?

Hello my name is Margalita Chakhnashvili.I am from Georgia. I was born in Tbilisi. I am a professional tennis player.

2) How did you start playing tennis?

my father took me age of 8.

3) Who saw you tennis talent 1st and how did you decide to go pro?

My 1 couch saw it and everybody was saying that I am a talant. After 2 years, I decided to be professional.

4) How would you describe your game? What are your strengths and weaknesses?

My good shot is my forehend. Everybody saying that I am playing intelligent tennis. weakness is that I am not physically strong, and I wont tell you more of my weaknesses. :)

5) Who was your favourite player while growing up?

Steffi Graff of course!

6) How is tennis in Georgia at the moment? Are there young players coming up?

We have lot of talented players, which I am sure are gonna say their word in big tennis.

7) Who do you like to hang out with during tournaments?

With my friends, they are a lot on the tour.

8) Which is your favourite book?

I have a lot, but the 1st I read was Uncle Tom's Cabin, I remember crying a lot about it.

9) What type of music do you listen and which is your favourite artist/band?

I listen to almost every type of music except Heavy Metal and Techno. I like Shakira a lot. I also like Georgian music.

10) Which city do you enjoy visiting the most?

I like Rome, New York, Paris... There are a lot of cities i enjoy but most is my town, Tbilisi. :)

11) What do you usually do when not on a tennis court?

Depends... I like to listen to music, to read, to go out with my friends, I also like to dance a lot. Or, sometimes,just rest if i am very tired from tournaments.

12) What do you think you'd have been if not a tennis player?

I didn't really think.. Because from age of 8 I am in tennis, but I am sure I would find something interesting to do.:)

13) Who comes with you to the tournaments?

My coach.

14) What are your aims for this year?

To enter top 100! :)

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 27th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Poor Liga. Got the chance to meet her and do an interview with her, she is quite nice but you can feel that she isn't that happy.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 27th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Very nice interview GiGi. She seems like a sweet girl :D:bounce:.