PDA

View Full Version : unsubscription problem

pka_liloo
Dec 23rd, 2008, 10:32 AM
sorry to create a whole new thread, but this issue bugs me a lot.

I cannot UNSUBSCRIBE from forums. when I go to the link every message provides:

"To unsubscribe from this forum, please visit this page: and link"

the tennisforum.com throws an error:

"An invalid threadid or forumid was specified."

can some of the admins look into this?

mckyle.
Dec 23rd, 2008, 07:42 PM
:o

pka_liloo
Dec 24th, 2008, 07:10 AM
what? is this supposed to help me?

mckyle.
Dec 24th, 2008, 07:14 AM
there's an FAQ section

Yasmine
Dec 24th, 2008, 03:53 PM
sorry to create a whole new thread, but this issue bugs me a lot.

I cannot UNSUBSCRIBE from forums. when I go to the link every message provides:

"To unsubscribe from this forum, please visit this page: and link"

the tennisforum.com throws an error:

"An invalid threadid or forumid was specified."

can some of the admins look into this?
Have you subscribed to some subsections of the forum and it has actually worked? Because many of us have never managed it before.
On the other hand, you need to unsubscribe to e mails/notification from your profile options.

pka_liloo
Dec 24th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Have you subscribed to some subsections of the forum and it has actually worked? Because many of us have never managed it before.
actually, I did subscribe to Forums and Threads. (I needed to create an account with 10k+ messages, it's a long story) Now the Threads I was subscribed to do have a tool set where you can Unsubscribe from them, which I did. However the Forums among their tools have only Subscription option, no Unsubscription.
so, everyday I get approximately 6-10 messages for the Forums (not Threads) that I was subscribed to.

Yasmine
Dec 24th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Lucky you managed.
Anyway, here are a couple of things to look at:
- In your userCP, Edit Options and said 'No e mail notification'
- In the userCP, you can look at all the 'subscribed threads', have you looked down all the pages to see if the forums you subscribed to came up? If they do there will be a delete subscription option.

If none of these work, then I'll pass on the message to the tech staff ASAP. But considering it's christmas you'll probably have to be a little patient. ;)

pka_liloo
Dec 26th, 2008, 10:09 AM
- In your userCP, Edit Options and said 'No e mail notification'
- In the userCP, you can look at all the 'subscribed threads', have you looked down all the pages to see if the forums you subscribed to came up? If they do there will be a delete subscription option.
ok, so when I used that, it didn't help.

then I experimented with one of the Forum subscriptions. I subscribed to it again (I thought, I'm already subscribed to it, what worse can happen, right?) and in the options of subscription chosed 'No e-mail notification' option and only then the e-mails stopped coming.. :cool:

now I'm trying to do that with other subscriptions and we'll see how it goes. :angel:

Edited to add:
yes, this strategy works! anyone who will have the same problem, this is the solution :)