PDA

View Full Version : Question about memberships.

iPatty
Dec 17th, 2008, 01:12 AM
I PM'ed truebluefan about this quite some time ago and never got a response, typical...

Anyway, when I bought my membership I bought the Premium Member package instead of the Lifetime Member package. I only realized I did so over a year later when I figured that my membership would run out but it kept going and I looked and saw that the Premium Member automatically renews each year (yeah I didn't read the fine print the first time). I really want to get the Lifetime package because I have a feeling I will sadly be on this board for over three more years which means the Lifetime package is the better deal.

My question is that if I went ahead and bought the Lifetime Member package now, would my Premium package keep renewing itself or would the Lifetime override it and stop the loop?

I doubt some moderators can answer this one so I will have to wait patiently for a site admin to view this thread since they don't like to answer PM's.

Kart
Dec 17th, 2008, 01:12 PM
The last line is a bit unfair - I answer most of my PMs (eventually.)

Anyway, I've looked into it and, though I can alter your premium member status to gold / lifetime / whatever, there's no evidence that will affect any existing standing order or whatever as I have no access to those details. I don't think anyone can charge you if you cancel any financial arrangement via your bank by simply asking them not to allow them to renew your membership next year.

Seems to me your options are to either:

- Cancel your standing order / direct debit / whatever with your bank and then purchase the lifetime membership but obviously you will waste whatever time you've got left on the existing premium membership.

- Cancel the direct debit / whatever and wait for your premium membership to expire and then buy a lifetime membership.

- Wait for truebluefan to answer as, being the webmaster, he's the only person with access to the site owners.

- Email verticalscope or whoever it is your agreement is with directly.

That's the best I can offer I'm afraid.

iPatty
Dec 17th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I guess I will wait for truebluefan to come into this thread since he wouldn't answer my PM. I guess I have until May to wait for an answer since that is when my membership will renew again. I guess I will bump this thread every couple weeks and maybe send him another PM (does he see posts that I have reported? would that be a way to contact him?) linking to this thread.

Kart
Dec 17th, 2008, 11:48 PM
You should PM him again. He is responsible for all the websites in the network so I'd imagine he has to check multiple PMs over multiple sites.

truebluefan
Dec 18th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I PM'ed truebluefan about this quite some time ago and never got a response, typical...

Anyway, when I bought my membership I bought the Premium Member package instead of the Lifetime Member package. I only realized I did so over a year later when I figured that my membership would run out but it kept going and I looked and saw that the Premium Member automatically renews each year (yeah I didn't read the fine print the first time). I really want to get the Lifetime package because I have a feeling I will sadly be on this board for over three more years which means the Lifetime package is the better deal.

My question is that if I went ahead and bought the Lifetime Member package now, would my Premium package keep renewing itself or would the Lifetime override it and stop the loop?

I doubt some moderators can answer this one so I will have to wait patiently for a site admin to view this thread since they don't like to answer PM's.

The premium renewal should stop once you become a lifetime member.

iPatty
Dec 18th, 2008, 08:50 PM
You are one-hundred percent sure? I don't want my account getting billed $10.00 every year when I have the lifetime status. Thanks for your response and I guess I will wait until a few days before my premium membership is up to buy the lifetime.