PDA

View Full Version : "AJDE ANA!" or "ANA IS LOVE" - Forums New Name Final Result...omg... T I E D !?

Cp6uja
Dec 8th, 2008, 02:34 PM
After end of off-season discussion about new name of Ana Ivanovic TennisForum.com we needs just to choose which name of two which have biggest support is best:

Ajde Ana!

or

Ana is Love

Winner option will be promoted at end of this week (option with more votes at sunday, december 14th) and also before time deadline this thread is place for all who want to give in public which option of this two (three actually) she/he support with vote and maybe talk about reasons.

Thanks to everyone who already vote :wavey:

RESULT REPORT:
TIME DEADLINE
VOTING IS SUSPENDED

This Poll is opened in Monday, 15:34, and time deadline is today (Sunday) in 15:34.

Final Result: TIED

20 Votes (41%) - Ajde Ana!
20 Votes (41%) - Ana is Love
9 Votes (18%) - ^^^Strongly against both

:eek: :eek: :eek:

So WHAT's NEXT???
It will be unfair from me if i present now AFTER voting some tie-break solution and promote "WINNER" option after TIED result in votes (after time-deadline).

I think right now is best solution to create (already today or tomorrow) new poll with just two options (without third "against both" option) and this time it will be public poll (to prevent some complains and it will be helpful for eventual tie-break) with 5 days time-deadline. TIE BREAK RULES: If this tough battle again finish tied - winner will be option which support 1) more moderators (theirs names is bold when you click to see results) and 2) more members which part of member-name is "Ana" or "Ivanovic" (if not offensive).

If somebody think that have better suggestion... please send.

doni1212
Dec 8th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I don't get how these two have the biggest support but whatever.......

Dexter
Dec 8th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I'm for neither of them and no, I don't have my own proposal. I got used to the old/current name and even though it's not perfect, I prefer to keep it like it is. I couldn't care less about the opinion of people from GM.

Cp6uja
Dec 8th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I don't get how these two have the biggest support but whatever.......During off-season we have special thread about this subject Off-Season Action - NEW NAME OF ANA FORUM (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=362641) and this two is only suggestions which have some massive support.

I'm for neither of them and no, I don't have my own proposal. I got used to the old/current name and even though it's not perfect, I prefer to keep it like it is. I couldn't care less about the opinion of people from GM.That famouos GM poll-thread Worse names for Player Forums? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=332839&highlight=names) where "Beauty and her Beasts" name of Ana's WTAW forum win poll like worst WTAWorld players forum name ever is not reason for this forum name changes. Real reason is in clear results of this summer voting of Ana fans and supporters on Do you think we should get a name change for this forum? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=352526) where 68% vote for Ivanovic subforum name change, just 26% is against changes and 6% is unsure. Its classic example of big majority and enough good proof that majority of Ana fans is not happy with "Beauty and her Beasts" name and want new name for Ana's forum.

Horizon
Dec 8th, 2008, 07:41 PM
If there HAS to be one, I think Ana is Love is more original, but I'm indifferent.

dybbuk
Dec 8th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I still am for Puppy Love. :o It's quite original and funny. Of these two, Ajde Ana! is too simple, so I prefer Ana is love.

luv_sweetAna
Dec 8th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Of these two, Ajde Ana! is too simple, so I prefer Ana is love.

I agree.

Nikkiri
Dec 8th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Ana is love :inlove:

azdaja
Dec 8th, 2008, 08:27 PM
That famouos GM poll-thread Worse names for Player Forums? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=332839&highlight=names) where "Beauty and her Beasts" name of Ana's WTAW forum win poll like worst WTAWorld players forum name ever is not reason for this forum name changes.
then why do you keep on mentioning it in every thread about this?

i fully expect this forum to win the "worst name competition" next year as well, especially if "ajde ana" wins.

jelenacg
Dec 8th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Ana is love :worship::inlove:

bruce goose
Dec 8th, 2008, 11:01 PM
The name would sound incredibly dorky with probably ANY other player...but somehow it seems appropriate as it captures Ana's sweetness:)....Therefore,"Ana Is Love"

doni1212
Dec 9th, 2008, 04:17 AM
Also, I think you should've made the poll public because people are probably voting who aren't fans of Ana....

lilimi
Dec 9th, 2008, 11:18 AM
ana is love...but i liked beauty and her beasts!

Cp6uja
Dec 9th, 2008, 03:04 PM
After first day of voting (24 hours) current result is like expected very tigh (actually tied - 11 vs 11 with 4 "against both" votes).

Also, I think you should've made the poll public because people are probably voting who aren't fans of Ana....We have two good options and will find which seems better for new name of Ana forum. If this poll is public i dont see reason to says to anybody "you dont deserve to vote here". Everyone who is interested about this have right to vote, and fact is that this thread is placed on Ana's forum (not at GM for example) will produce that big majority of voters will be members which like to visit (atleast time after time) this Ivanovic subforum where i never see some big numbers of Ana haters, especially in comparation with GM.

Cp6uja
Dec 9th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Hi people,

I am posting to remind people that there are other players that are also named Ana. If the name is going to change then call it Ana Ivanovic. I don't understand what this poll will do. Once the poll is over does it go up against Beauty and the Beasts? Further more, if Ana's beasts and partizan sports beasts continue to exist, why hide the fact.

Србија,have you been emotionally effected by Ana buying a house in Spain and spending time with a Spaniard? You can't feel as bad as Don Johnson.

I think Mr. Gospodin was joking when he commented on the name Beaty and her Beasts. I just realized something, there is a difference between "Beauty and her Beasts" and "Beauty and the Beasts". Maybe we should just change "her" with "the"!

As for that Fiasco person Ana's forum is talking about: he can't be as bad as Mr. Gospodin having three girlfriends at the same time when he visits the homeland. Anyways, one of Serbia's media outlets yesterday reportedly said Ana and Verdasco are no longer together, in a one line sentence.Maybe problem is in my not so good english, but i really dont understand your point. Is you try to say that people will be confused when see "Ajde Ana!" or "Ana is Love" players forum name because many WTA players called Ana, but when see "Beauty and her Beasts" everybody recognize its about our Ana forum (because Ivanovic is only beauty WTA player... or what)??? BTW unlike ANNA, name ANA is not so often now or in past for elite WTA players (actually our Ana is only WTA TOP100 "Ana" ever) so i really doubt that anybody will be confused is Ana means Ivanovic or maybe Timotic or Jovanovic (both also Serbian WTA players, but ranked out of TOP200) and eventual forum names "Ajde Ana Ivanovic!" or "Ana Ivanovic is Love" is obviously less attractive than shorter versions (without Ivanovic surname).

Also, you must to know that decission for change "Beauty and her Beasts" name of Ana forum is voted this summer before she dating Verdasco or buy Mallorka new house, so that is really not connected with this action for sure.

-NAJ-
Dec 9th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Ana is love

The Daviator
Dec 9th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Ana is love :worship:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Dec 9th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I simply vote for the last option.
Especially 'Ana is love' sounds awful for a players forum.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Dec 9th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Ana is love :hearts:

Dexter
Dec 9th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Ana is love :hearts:What are you even doing in this thread? :confused:

Talita Kumi
Dec 10th, 2008, 01:53 AM
"Anita is love"

SOA_MC
Dec 10th, 2008, 05:46 AM
What are you even doing in this thread? :confused:

Your surprised by this?

I've seen lots of people's usernames who say they don't like Ana on the 'Currently Active Users'

Dex are you able to see who voted?

Dexter
Dec 10th, 2008, 09:22 AM
No, I can't and that's one of the reasons this poll is useless.

doni1212
Dec 10th, 2008, 06:53 PM
No, I can't and that's one of the reasons this poll is useless.

See! I said that from the beginning and no one listened to me....
Why should people who don't even like Ana and are haters, be able to vote? That's ridiculous! They are skewing the results of the poll!
This poll should be recreated as a public voting one, imo.

bruce goose
Dec 10th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Why should people who don't even like Ana and are haters, be able to vote? That's ridiculous! They are skewing the results of the poll!
This poll should be recreated as a public voting one, imo.How can you be absolutely sure that 'Sin Dios Ni Ley' didn't change his mind about Ana?I know a former Ana-hater in Dinara's forum who now ADORES Ana,and 'S.D.N.L.' didn't say anything bad about Ana--quite the contrary:":hearts:"--when he cast his vote.Besides,we're not exactly calculating a precise lunar landing here where one one small error in measurement could lead to a fatal crash.It's a tennis forum that's supposed to be fun and Ana's fans can sTILL cast their votes regardless of whether or not "outsiders" comment.

Cp6uja
Dec 11th, 2008, 01:43 AM
I still dont see nothing suspicious after about 60 hours of this voting. We have 40 voters so far and result is totally tied - 16 votes (40% each) for every of two options, with 8 votes (20%) "against both". Dont forget that People who vote in last 3 days are only people who visited Ana Ivanovic subforum theese days.

40 voters vote in about 60 hours - but just 1 (one!) in last 10 hours... Personaly I dont expect more than 10 new woters before end of this voting ("WTA profile of Ana Ivanovic fans" poll-thread at this subforum have 61 voters). So what if couple "haters" time after time visiting this subforum? They hate Ana but secretly like to see her pics :devil:

Also to me is nothing suspicios that almost all members which give opinion in this thread support "Ana is Love" option in public and want to talk about theirs reasons (no doubt this option is more "original" or "creative"), but so far "Ajde Ana!" have same number of votes. "Ajde Ana!" options is so simple (and seems so "logical" to many of Ana supporters) that nobody dont find any reason to explain anything extra about that. When we have that "qualifications" thread both this options have similar support and now thanks to voting we see how equal is this race for Ana's forum new name.

So we know who vote here - VISITORS OF ANA IVANOVIC FORUM... and only "problem" which i notice here is so tied and equal support for both options, so whichever wins already is obvious that it not be "clean" victory :p.

Reckoner
Dec 12th, 2008, 07:20 PM
So is there a set time when voting will end and will the winning name have to win by a certain percent?

Go "Ajde Ana!"

Cp6uja
Dec 12th, 2008, 09:28 PM
So is there a set time when voting will end and will the winning name have to win by a certain percent?

Go "Ajde Ana!"In OP you can see end of this week (Sunday, Dec 14) like time deadline for final decision. But because result is too tied now exist new possibility for repeat of voting (next week). In that case new Poll will be without "against both" option, and public. Reason for that is because nobody don't like situation that "winner" option will win tight and with about 40% support, and it's little bit unfair to Ana fans which vote "against both" (20% is clear minority, but it's still big number) to not give chance to have influence on final result (if they strongly to stay current "B&hB" name, to say which of new options like more, or if they don't like both, to say which "unlike" more). Reason for public poll i actually dont see, but because some Ana fans complain b/c that... so let it be. But first, we must to see final result here, maybe at end some of two options still prevail.

wild.river
Dec 12th, 2008, 11:03 PM
ehh, beauty and her beasts is better than either.

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 12th, 2008, 11:20 PM

Cp6uja wont take council from anyone. Hes a dictator out of control..

bruce goose
Dec 12th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Cp6uja wont take council from anyone. Hes a dictator out of control..Nahhhhh,he's more of a benevolent dictator,like Judge Reinhold's character in the old(SUPERIOR)SNL sketch,"Jorge Garcia,Nice Guy Dictator.":angel:

SOA_MC
Dec 13th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Wait a minute!!! did anybody but Cp6uja want to change the forum name in the first place?:scratch:

He's talked all of us into believing something is wrong with it and it must be changed as soon as possible. When there is nothing wrong with the name in the first place:help:

bruce goose
Dec 13th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Wait a minute!!! did anybody but Cp6uja want to change the forum name in the first place?:scratch:

He's talked all of us into believing something is wrong with it and it must be changed as soon as possible. When there is nothing wrong with the name in the first place:help:Actually,I always thought that it was sort of dorky-sounding but didn't complain cuz I didn't consider it a big deal.As long as it's nothing vulgar or bizarre such as,"The Ana Recovers From Diarrhea" Forum,I really won't worry whatever the name is so long as we discuss Ana's tennis career along with any major,RELEVANT personal developments

doni1212
Dec 13th, 2008, 05:22 AM

He's talked all of us into believing something is wrong with it and it must be changed as soon as possible. When there is nothing wrong with the name in the first place:help:

Yeah, I feel nothing wrong with the name. In fact, I love that name and I think it's more original than Ana is Love or Ajde Ana, :rolleyes:
But I guess people want change....:lol: Change, get it? Obama, lol?

bruce goose
Dec 13th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Yeah, I feel nothing wrong with the name. In fact, I love that name and I think it's more original than Ana is Love or Ajde Ana, :rolleyes:
But I guess people want change....:lol: Change, get it? Obama, lol?....Or maybe a better example would be Roethlisberger instead of Tommy Maddox;)

Cp6uja
Dec 13th, 2008, 11:16 AM

He's talked all of us into believing something is wrong with it and it must be changed as soon as possible. When there is nothing wrong with the name in the first place:help:Fact is that when we have "referendum" here about "Beauty and her Beasts" (to stay or not) - only 9 voters vote against change and "against change" together with "not sure" option have less than 1/3 (33%) votes at that poll (so over 2/3 is for change). Here after almost 50 Ana-fan voters only 9 is against both new candidates for new name, so no doubt that both this new options right now have much bigger support than current name... but like i say... real problem right now is totally similar (equal actually) support which have both suggestions: current result 19(40.5%)-Ajde Ana!, 19(40.5%)-Ana is Love, and 9(19%)-Against Both. Sometime fans dont like some nickname or forum title of theirs favorite player, but that nickname or title is very popular around... but in this "beasts" case things is even worse and 10 months ago "Beauty and her Beasts" won big (almost 200 voters) public GM poll like worst WTAWorld players forum name of all time!

I agree that "Beauty and her Beasts" sounds cool in 2006 when 18yo TOP20 Ana got her own forum here, but in meantime she reach several GS finals (including title), reach #1, etc... and her name "ANA" become celebrity and global recognized brand - so she need something new and different, which must include that "ANA" part. So "Beauty and her Beasts" name is simple outdated right now in Ivanovic case and according to all polls and discussions which we have about this subject big majority of Ana fans which visiting this subforum feel same about that.

It's not truth that i try to intrude new name of this forum - my favorite option "Queen Ana I" simple dont get enough massive support in "nomination" thread and this two final candidates "Ajde Ana!" and "Ana is Love" is not my private choice, but two with by far biggest support out of all suggestions for new name which we have last month.

SOA_MC
Dec 13th, 2008, 02:02 PM
10 months ago "Beauty and her Beasts" won big (almost 200 voters) public GM poll like worst WTAWorld players forum name of all time!

I think this is the only reason you are pushing for a change:rolleyes:

azdaja
Dec 13th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Cp6uja wont take council from anyone. Hes a dictator out of control..
:lol:

well, he was the only one regularly starting threads about this and constantly repeating that the forum name should be changed, so i do see this as his project. the fact that the poll is so close actually tells us that neither of the proposed new names has strong support, so the votes are fairly random. i don't mind changing the name, but the current name is better than the proposed ones and i don't see how is it obsolete. especially compared to something like "ana is love". and "ajde ana" is just a too obvious choice.

anyway, that's just my opinion.

I think this is the only reason you are pushing for a change:rolleyes:
me too. he started campainging for a new name shortly after that poll :p

doni1212
Dec 13th, 2008, 04:45 PM
....Or maybe a better example would be Roethlisberger instead of Tommy Maddox;)

That's huge change!! :lol:

:lol:

well, he was the only one regularly starting threads about this and constantly repeating that the forum name should be changed, so i do see this as his project. the fact that the poll is so close actually tells us that neither of the proposed new names has strong support, so the votes are fairly random. i don't mind changing the name, but the current name is better than the proposed ones and i don't see how is it obsolete. especially compared to something like "ana is love". and "ajde ana" is just a too obvious choice.

anyway, that's just my opinion.

me too. he started campainging for a new name shortly after that poll :p

I agree with everything you said, :yeah:

wild.river
Dec 14th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Fact is that when we have "referendum" here about "Beauty and her Beasts" (to stay or not) - only 9 voters vote against change and "against change" together with "not sure" option have less than 1/3 (33%) votes at that poll (so over 2/3 is for change). Here after almost 50 Ana-fan voters only 9 is against both new candidates for new name, so no doubt that both this new options right now have much bigger support than current name... but like i say... real problem right now is totally similar (equal actually) support which have both suggestions: current result 19(40.5%)-Ajde Ana!, 19(40.5%)-Ana is Love, and 9(19%)-Against Both. Sometime fans dont like some nickname or forum title of theirs favorite player, but that nickname or title is very popular around... but in this "beasts" case things is even worse and 10 months ago "Beauty and her Beasts" won big (almost 200 voters) public GM poll like worst WTAWorld players forum name of all time!

i'm not sure you can make that leap.. i don't think most people prefer "ana is love" or "ajde ana" over "beauty and her beasts".

Cp6uja
Dec 14th, 2008, 06:12 AM
i'm not sure you can make that leap.. i don't think most people prefer "ana is love" or "ajde ana" over "beauty and her beasts".100 days ago we have Poll here with question: Do you think we should get a name change for this forum? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=352526) where just 9 voters vote for NO option.

BTW if doni1212 11 times says that "Beauty and her Beasts" is not outdated and still best option for this Ana's forum, and azdaja says here same thing also 11 times - it's still opinion of TWO fans, not of 22! :p

I never says that "Ajde Ana!" or "Ana is Love" is perfect choice for this forum, but fact is that both have right now way bigger support than current name and on other hand "opposition" for both this two eventual new names is (much) lesser.

Cp6uja
Dec 14th, 2008, 01:41 PM
TIME DEADLINE!!!
VOTING IS SUSPENDED

This Poll is opened in Monday, 15:34, and time deadline is today (Sunday) in 15:34.

Final Result: TIED

20 Votes (41%) - Ajde Ana!
20 Votes (41%) - Ana is Love
9 Votes (18%) - ^^^Strongly against both

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Cp6uja
Dec 14th, 2008, 02:16 PM
It will be unfair from me if i present now AFTER voting some tie-break solution and promote "WINNER" option after TIED result in votes (after time-deadline).

I think right now is best solution to create (already today or tomorrow) new poll with just two options (without third "against both" option) and this time it will be public poll (to prevent some complains and it will be helpful for eventual tie-break) with 5 days time-deadline. TIE BREAK RULES: If this tough battle again finish tied - winner will be option which support 1) more moderators (theirs names is bold when you click to see results) and 2) more members which part of member-name is "Ana" or "Ivanovic" (if not offensive).

If somebody think that have better suggestion... please send.

bruce goose
Dec 14th, 2008, 02:22 PM

If somebody think that have better suggestion... please send.You could think of a number between one and 'infinity' and then share it with someone trustworthy who DIDN'T want to change the forum name and doesn't like either new choice...that way,they couldn't be accused of having a bias.THEN,whoever comes closest to guessing the number correctly casts an additional,deciding vote

bruce goose
Dec 14th, 2008, 02:27 PM
You could think of a number between one and 'infinity' and then share it with someone trustworthy who DIDN'T want to change the forum name and doesn't like either new choice...that way,they couldn't be accused of having a bias.THEN,whoever comes closest to guessing the number correctly casts an additional,deciding voteOR,even BETTER,whoever comes closest to predicting the score of Ana's 1st match at Brisbane will cast the deciding vote.If more than one person makes the same prediction,then whoever sent it in FIRST will get priority in choosing...and then the forum name would be changed after that 1st match.......IF the second vote ends in a tie,that is;)

luv_sweetAna
Dec 14th, 2008, 05:12 PM
What does ''her beasts'' mean anyway? Her fans?

azdaja
Dec 14th, 2008, 05:18 PM
What does ''her beasts'' mean anyway? Her fans?
yes

wild.river
Dec 14th, 2008, 07:39 PM
aha tied. since both of the two finalists have less than 50% support, maybe we shouldn't choose either yet? no need to change it for the sake of changing it. wait for a name that the majority of people like. just sayin'.

doni1212
Dec 14th, 2008, 10:23 PM
BTW if doni1212 11 times says that "Beauty and her Beasts" is not outdated and still best option for this Ana's forum, and azdaja says here same thing also 11 times - it's still opinion of TWO fans, not of 22! :p

Fair enough, :lol:

aha tied. since both of the two finalists have less than 50% support, maybe we shouldn't choose either yet? no need to change it for the sake of changing it. wait for a name that the majority of people like. just sayin'.

Exactly, ;)

bruce goose
Dec 14th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Nobody has yet criticized that possibility I mentioned earlier,"Ana Recovers From Diarrhea"---maybe that means that people like it!!:D....Or,if we're trying to GUARANTEE originality so that we don't mimic names from other forums,then how about,"Ana Gets Bored During A Long International Flight And Reads The Instructions On The Vomit Bag"?:D:D....It might catch on after a while and it would DEFINITELY capture the attention of any new visitors to Tennis Forum...of course,we COULD shorten the title slightly if y'all think it's too lengthy:unsure:

azdaja
Dec 15th, 2008, 10:33 AM
and even if hundreds or thousands of ana haters in gm say that this is the worst forum name it doesn't mean we should pay attention to that. the fact that this forum won that poll is for me a reason to keep it, not change it.

i agree.

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 16th, 2008, 04:57 AM
and even if hundreds or thousands of ana haters in gm say that this is the worst forum name it doesn't mean we should pay attention to that. the fact that this forum won that poll is for me a reason to keep it, not change it.

http://www.tennisforum.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=16270

I just had a look at this thread thats been so important all along, linked above. The thing is only 4 pages long! The most common "explanation" for why Beauty and her Beasts is so bad of a name is summed up using one of two smileys...
:rolleyes:
or
:help:
..with no other explanation needed than that.
In the entire thread only 5 people actually give a real explanation why its bad.
2 of those 5 say because it is arrogant.
1 of those 5 says because Ana is not a beauty.
1 of the 5 says because they dont get it.
the other one says, '"Beauty and her Beasts" is just random and meaningless, but I remember the selection process and nobody came up with any good, or even passable, suggestion.'

Nikkiri
Dec 16th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Just keep it as it is, that solves everything.

doni1212
Dec 16th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Thank you! :worship:

azdaja
Dec 16th, 2008, 07:38 PM
1 of those 5 says because Ana is not a beauty.
and that guy loves the name that is going to win the ultimate poll started by slobodan milosevic of this forum Cp6uja :lol:

one thing to think about is that "beauty and her beasts" is actually an improvement on his own proposal "beauty and best" which is, apart from being grammatically incorrect, infinitely inferior. and he proposed "beauty and best" again after it had been rejected the first time around :help: i undersatnd that a lot of people may prefer a different name, but you won't get the best name by rushing through a few polls :rolleyes:

whatever. i guess at least someone's ego will be satisfied.

OC521
Dec 16th, 2008, 07:43 PM
and that guy loves the name that is going to win the ultimate poll started by slobodan milosevic of this forum Cp6uja :lol:

one thing to think about is that "beauty and her beasts" is actually an improvement on his own proposal "beauty and best" which is, apart from being grammatically incorrect, infinitely inferior. and he proposed "beauty and best" again after it had been rejected the first time around :help: i undersatnd that a lot of people may prefer a different name, but you won't get the best name by rushing through a few polls :rolleyes:

whatever. i guess at least someone's ego will be satisfied.

Maybe he mispelt bets