PDA

View Full Version : Jarka in January (Version 2.0)

OZTENNIS
Dec 1st, 2008, 10:52 PM
After a banner end to the 2008 Season, Jarmila Gajdosova soared from just outside the top 200 to just inside the top 100 in the space of a couple of months.

After tearing it up on the ITF Women's Circuit (winning 3 tournaments and making the final of two more), Gajdosova enters the 2009 Summer Circuit with confidence in her ability on the WTA Tour, also. She reached the semi finals of the Japan Open, upsetting Shahar Peer (amongst others) in what was her best performance on the WTA Tour to date.

Although she will probably compete for the most part as a Slovak in January, she will play the Aussie Open as a proud Australian, and with a good draw could do some damage.

GOOD LUCK JARKA :banana:

Ben.
Dec 1st, 2008, 11:09 PM
All the best to Jarka :D here's for a good Aussie summer for her :yeah:

Her first tournament in January should be the Brisbane International if I'm correct. She's most likely in qualies.

Ben.
Dec 2nd, 2008, 03:55 AM
From the TBE in the Brisbane early entries thread :)

Gajdosova is a maindraw Feedup :bounce:

OZTENNIS
Dec 2nd, 2008, 05:44 AM
Awesome :rocker: :D :cool:

That frees up one of the main draw wildcards :)
Am hoping that Dokic gets a main draw wildcard and maybe Holland and Wejnert to 'test the waters' in their home city.

Harvs
Dec 2nd, 2008, 05:53 AM
wooo:)

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I watcher Jarka play Peng today. She played so well. Hitting so many winners and serving very good.

She seemed conmfident and fit. She struggled a little to close it out. But she was very pumped up. She was constantly pumping her fist. And was also getting a little angry.

Ive seen most of her practice sessions as well. She is hitting the ball very cleanly and looks so fit.

Tough task against Azarenka but hopefully she can pull it off.

louloubelle
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Great stuff Jarka!
Aza dropped only 2 games in the 1st round - it will be a toughie, but she's in shape to give her a good run!

Harvs
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:31 AM
:):)

Natash.
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Gorgeous shots so far against Azarenka. :) But don't know how long she can keep this up. 30-30 4-4 now :scared:

GeeTee
Jan 6th, 2009, 02:09 AM
C'mon Jarka!! She's up 3/2 in TB

GeeTee
Jan 6th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Damn...

ms_nut
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Too bad she lost.. she played a great match...:hearts::hearts:.She has such an explosive game.I still can't understand why she's only ranked #98.I watched her 2 or 3 years ago in WTT and she caught my attention there.. I hope 2009 is a great year for her and hope she breaks into the top 25 at least..

GeeTee
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Think she needs more variety and increased fitness before she'd be top 25, but think even without these improvements she can improve her ranking 20 or 30 places.

Harvs
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:41 AM
grr:( so close

Huntress55
Jan 6th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Sucks she lost, she was hitting quite well. Oh well :(

GeeTee
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Just LOVE this quote from Jarka after the match :lol:

Gajdosova was taking away plenty of positives from Brisbane, although she said she was still working on eliminating the drop shot from her game.

The 21 year old has an unusual agreement with her coach - drop shots during matches are punishable by sit-up.

“I have to do 50 sit-ups for each drop shot, so I’m about up to 200 by now,” she said with a giggle.

“I will have a six pack.”

:) She should do more drop shots (and more situps!) :lol:

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:19 PM
im really impressed with jarka - shes a new fav of mine and im sure she has earned herself many more fans after her match yesterday.

top 30 potential for sure well done

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 10th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Jarka is the friendlist player I have ever met.

I went up to talk to her but there were this litlle kids in front of me. And she was like sorry for sayong no to a photo before I was just a little upset. She was like Ill glady take one now.

Then I started talking to me and I was liek you played amazing today and shes like thanks heaps. I dont think Victoria liked me very much LOL!

We talked about how shes waiting for the minister of immingration to give her an aussipe pass port and how she has lived in AUS for six years. She said she hasnt seen her friends in 4 years =[

We talked abotu how she was getting mariied and all. She likes im going to be Jarka Groth lol.

Then I had to go. And I was liek good luck in Melbourne and Sydney and she said thanks heaps.

Im in LOVE lol.

Keadz
Jan 12th, 2009, 06:27 AM
That is awesome. Very jelous.

Good win today from Jarka though, 6-4 6-2. The only shining light in a very bleak and dark time. She next plays Dementieva which should be a good experience and hopefully another match that we can watch on T.V

*edit* she is first on court 1 tomorrow so we can't watch her on T.V. Hantuchova vs Radwanska is on instead.

Lisbeth
Jan 15th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Good luck in the Aussie Open! It's a pity it wasn't in time for this season, but I'm looking forward to seeing Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS) very soon :) And I hope she and Sam have a great time playing mixed doubles together and do really well :D

OZTENNIS
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:52 PM
AUSTRALIAN OPEN

R1: Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS) versus Virgine Razzano (FRA)
Nice first match. Hope Jarka can win in two.

GOOD LUCK :D

Huntress55
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Not too bad at all, would be great to see her win this :D

Keadz
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Good first match, but Virgine can be a tricky player. She ruined Jelena's Aussie Open so she better not ruin Jarka's. If she gets through she has Patty, which will be a shit match up for me. I don't want Patty to lose :( but I also want Jarmila to go really far.

:( Stupid draw.

Harvs
Jan 16th, 2009, 12:11 AM
jarka can make the 3rd round at least with this draw if shes playing well:) cmon jarks!

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 16th, 2009, 01:26 AM
razzano made the hobart semis but still jarka is in hot form and has a great draw and an AUS after her name :) goodluck!

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 16th, 2009, 04:29 AM
I really like this draw for Jarka. Its a tough match but if she plays well and keeps the unforced errors down she should come away with a win.

Could possibly upet Patty as well =]

Good luck Jarks!

TeamCaro
Jan 16th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Wow, i watched her against Knapp in Sydney with no idea about her intentions to become Australian!
If i had known, definately would have started some Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi! chants.

She seems charming, and is definately a new favorite of mine!

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 17th, 2009, 02:33 AM
she is great! i think she can do some damage in melbourne - honestly she could actually make the fourth round if she plays her best - but i will be happy with a couple of wins.

good luck jarka!

TeamCaro
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Come on Jarka!

She levels the sets at 1-1

Keadz
Jan 20th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Jarka played SOOO BAD today. I left after the first set knowing that she would win the second. I went back at 4-2 up in the third just to see her choke with shocking play and stupid unforced errors. Bad serve and struggled with the wind. I expected more, but she really struggled with how much Razzano got in, she just wouldn't miss...give her credit for fighting though, she got herself back into the match and let the crowd pump her up.

TeamCaro
Jan 20th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Aye, disappointing match from Jarka. No doubt she'd be incredibly disappointed as well, espescially after being in such a good position to take the match at 4-2 in the 3rd.

It was funny though everytime the crowd heckled Razzano every time she had caught the ball from a ball toss :lol:

OZTENNIS
Jan 20th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Yes, disappointing result for Jarka. Bloody Razzano, first Dokic and now Jarka :lol:
But she did great to get back in the match from 1-6 1-4 down.
Hope next time nerves don't play such a big factor.