Saturday semifinals
Niculescu vs Bogdan
Halep vs Begu

Andiyan
Nov 29th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Thanks you so much for this where did you find it ? :D

iPatty
Nov 29th, 2008, 01:17 AM
If you go look in Simona Halep's cheering thread (great effort today by her, btw. She was rocking those forehands) you can find more information about it along with livestream links for the semifinals tomorrow.

Andiyan
Nov 29th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Thanks. =)

Shame none of Cirstea, Gallovits, Olaru and Ungur are playing.. :shrug:
Bogdan and Stepu got wildcards?

iPatty
Nov 29th, 2008, 02:19 AM
I think it should be noted that Szatmari was replaced after her match with Bogdan by Elora Dabija, so Elena was a bit lucky to have faces Agnes instead of red-hot Elora. Still, I hope she doesn't get double-bagelled by Niculescu tomorrow, this will be her first match against a Top300 player, much less Top50.

Petkorazzi
Nov 29th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Romanian girls :hearts: :hearts:

Good luck to Monica and Simona today. ;)

I wouldn't expect Szatmari to play though, she was in Reunion this week so I'd expect her to stay a bit longer to have a vacation and not be back all the way to Europe and play a national championship. :shrug: And why is she even bothering playing with this form? :spit:

Andiyan
Nov 29th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I agree. Agnes :cuckoo:

Meelis
Nov 29th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Irina Begu - Simona Halep 6-4, 6-2
Monica Niculescu - Elena Bogdan 6-2, 6-2

Andiyan
Nov 29th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Great final =)

Good effort of the two juniors.

bestcormo
Nov 29th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Final: Niculescu vs Begu - sunday 12:00 (Bucharest time) live here: http://www.tvr.ro/live_exclusiv.php // men's final: Hanescu vs Crivoi 14:30

Dorien.
Nov 29th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Good luck Monica :bounce:

slavicpower
Nov 30th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Begu is soo good, she's gonna be top 100 very soon

Petkorazzi
Nov 30th, 2008, 11:35 AM
This is an amazing match!!!!! :worship:

Niculescu - Begu 16 54.

Monica was serving for the set, and she got cheated. :o At deuce, she served a ball that was clearly in, the side referee said in and Begu was on her way to the ad court, but the main referee says out :confused: :weirdo: Monica starts to cry and loses the game. :sad: But Begu is playing fantastic :worship:

Petkorazzi
Nov 30th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Niculescu - Begu 16 64 :)

Iceland
Nov 30th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Is the coverage over?

Andiyan
Nov 30th, 2008, 12:58 PM
What happened?

Petkorazzi
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I don't know, they started a news edition and then the stream closed. :(

Petkorazzi
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:24 PM
BTW, the winner gets a house and the RU a car! :eek: :worship:

Andiyan
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:30 PM
What :speakles:

Petkorazzi
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I also read about free flights in 09 and a 2.5k laptop but donno who gets it. :unsure:

Andiyan
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Monica Niculescu a câştigat Masters România

Jucătoarea de tenis Monica Niculescu a câştigat, duminică, turneul feminin al Mastersului de la Bucureşti, învingând-o, în finală, pe Irina Begu, cu scorul de 1-6, 6-4, 6-1, într-o partidă care a durat două ore şi 27 de minute.

Finala turneului masculin se dispută, tot duminică, între Victor Hănescu şi Victor Crivoi.

Turneul este dotat cu premii în valoare de 600.000 de euro, care vor consta în obiecte. Astfel, câştigătorii de la masculin şi de la feminin vor fi recompensaţi cu câte o casă. Ocupanţii locului doi vor primi câte o maşină de teren, iar poziţia a treia va fi recompensată cu plata biletelor de avion pentru anul 2009, la deplasările la competiţii. Sportivii care se vor clasa pe locul patru, vor primi computere în valoare de 2.000-2.500 de euro.

Monica :D
Irina :hug:

Petkorazzi
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Monica :hearts:

Irina had a couple of BPs in the first game of the 3rd but she lost it, and I thought it was over after that. :sad:

Irina is definitely on the right track, top 100 in 09 plz. :drive:

Petkorazzi
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:37 PM
The article says:

Homes for both men and women winners, cars for the RUs, free airplane tickets to competitions for #3 and computers for #4.

So generous :inlove:

spiceboy
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:48 PM
LOL is tennis that popular in Romania these days? :lol:

spiceboy
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Gigi, would you please give a rough translation of what it says here:

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...acerea-2578402 (http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/tenis/irina-spirlea-rupe-tacerea-2578402)

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...podina-2581018 (http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/tenis/sparlea-sfarleaza-gospodina-2581018)

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...tea-ta-2581046

Thanks!

iPatty
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:56 PM
If they have to determine third and fourth place, where is the result from Halep - Bogdan?

Andiyan
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:59 PM
The prizes :bolt:

Petkorazzi
Nov 30th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Gigi, would you please give a rough translation of what it says here:

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...acerea-2578402 (http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/tenis/irina-spirlea-rupe-tacerea-2578402)

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...podina-2581018 (http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/tenis/sparlea-sfarleaza-gospodina-2581018)

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...tea-ta-2581046

Thanks!
Article 1:

Spirlea stops the silence (Donno if its the correct experssion)

After many years how is it home?

IS: I came to reupdate my passport, driving license.......... I spend time with my friends, my family comes to visit me often to Roma.

How was Spirlea changed since 2000?

Probably i'm calmer (laughs) I have more patience with my kids.. I was always calmer outside the courts, it was on court where I had the craziness attacks. :lol:

Then she talks about the romanian tennis federtation elections. Ruxandra Dragomir is taking part and she supports either her or Dumitry Haradau, but she will vote for Ruxandra if she takes part.

That's basically all.

2nd one:

The rebelious(?) Spirlea, who played equally in the amazing sf vs Venus in the USO Sf, comes from Rome with her husband Maximiliano pace and two kids, francesca and Tommaso. They are as active as her mother, barely staying still to take a picture.:lol:

Hows family life?

it's fine, I'm taking care of my children, which takes a lot of time. I also go shopping and do all the home jobs.

Looking back, do you think you fullfilled ur potential fully?

I say yes, other say no as they saw me in the Top 5. I thank God it didn't go worse, as one injury could have interepted all my career. I've lost many matches having MPs, but I have also come back from 1-5 in the third.

Best memory?

I remember, it's Roma, when I beat Sabatini in my first year. I realized I wasn't only looking up to them, watching their shows, but I was right up there, in the same tourneys, same lockerrooms, playing equally with them, It was a shock.

Did you ever think of a comeback?

No, cause I retired by myself. I was tired of training and flying so much. My firned is an Al Italia pilot, and we calculated how much time I flied and divided by 365, and it's like 30 min of flying daily. :eek:

Was the WTA more predictable back then?

Yes! Graf would never lose in R1, and there were some players I knew I could never beat. Novotna, I hated her style, and Graf..

... Then she says how Hingis at 14=15 was like making fun of every player, and how she liked to beat Seles.

3rd link is wrong. :)

bestcormo
Nov 30th, 2008, 06:25 PM
If they have to determine third and fourth place, where is the result from Halep - Bogdan?

there was no match for 3rd place..

spiceboy
Nov 30th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Article 1:

IS: I came to reupdate my passport, driving license.......... I spend time with my friends, my family comes to visit me often to Roma.

Probably i'm calmer (laughs) I have more patience with my kids.. I was always calmer outside the courts, it was on court where I had the craziness attacks. :lol:

Then she talks about the romanian tennis federtation elections. Ruxandra Dragomir is taking part and she supports either her or Dumitry Haradau, but she will vote for Ruxandra if she takes part.

That's basically all.

2nd one:

The rebelious(?) Spirlea, who played equally in the amazing sf vs Venus in the USO Sf, comes from Rome with her husband Maximiliano pace and two kids, francesca and Tommaso. They are as active as her mother, barely staying still to take a picture.:lol:

Hows family life?

it's fine, I'm taking care of my children, which takes a lot of time. I also go shopping and do all the home jobs.

I say yes, other say no as they saw me in the Top 5. I thank God it didn't go worse, as one injury could have interepted all my career. I've lost many matches having MPs, but I have also come back from 1-5 in the third.

Best memory?

I remember, it's Roma, when I beat Sabatini in my first year. I realized I wasn't only looking up to them, watching their shows, but I was right up there, in the same tourneys, same lockerrooms, playing equally with them, It was a shock.

No, cause I retired by myself. I was tired of training and flying so much. My firned is an Al Italia pilot, and we calculated how much time I flied and divided by 365, and it's like 30 min of flying daily. :eek:

Yes! Graf would never lose in R1, and there were some players I knew I could never beat. Novotna, I hated her style, and Graf..

... Then she says how Hingis at 14=15 was like making fun of every player, and how she liked to beat Seles.

Thanks a lot :worship:

Uranium
Nov 30th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Article 1:

That's basically all.

2nd one:

Hows family life?

Best memory?

:hearts:

Petkorazzi
Nov 30th, 2008, 06:38 PM
:hearts:
:eek: That sounds so offensive, I meant that she was playing with such ease that it was as if she was just practicing something. :p I hope the :hearts: was in a positive way.:unsure:

tobi
Nov 30th, 2008, 10:35 PM
The article says:

Homes for both men and women winners, cars for the RUs, free airplane tickets to competitions for #3 and computers for #4.
No wonder Romanian tennis is devoloping so rapidly.

CooCooCachoo
Dec 1st, 2008, 10:56 AM
BTW, the winner gets a house and the RU a car! :eek: :worship:

:speakles:

Shvedbarilescu
Dec 1st, 2008, 12:42 PM
Enjoy your new house Monica. :bounce:

Jakeev
Dec 6th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Wow Irina is one of only a few long retired players that I have heard at least admit the tour is a lot tougher these days.

Glad to hear she is enjoying family life!!!

Hakapeszi
Dec 6th, 2008, 01:35 PM
The house

http://storage0.dms.mpinteractiv.ro/media/401/581/7966/3584462/1/casa-corbeanca-4.jpg

Andiyan
Dec 6th, 2008, 01:50 PM
:spit:?

Shvedbarilescu
Dec 7th, 2008, 02:26 AM
The house

http://storage0.dms.mpinteractiv.ro/media/401/581/7966/3584462/1/casa-corbeanca-4.jpg

I like it. Very cool prize and very deserved. :worship: