PDA

View Full Version : 1 and 1/2 month without tennis? - The off-season thread

gaviotabr
Nov 20th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Since we were having conversations about Ana in the off-topic thread, I decided to open a new thread for all the news and talk we can have in the off-season. We can discuss Ana's planning for the AO preparation, the Davis Cup posible news, Ana's interviews.. anything that is related to Ana during these "boring" 1 and 1/2 month without tennis.

gaviotabr
Nov 20th, 2008, 12:53 PM
http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2008/11/20/tenis/01806629.html

Diario Olé from Argentina states that Ana will not be present at the Davis Cup final in Mar del Plata. They don't really say how they know it though.. but I suppose it's true.

gaviotabr
Nov 20th, 2008, 12:55 PM
For anyone how knows dutch, there is an article talking about Ana's sparring partner Melle Van Gemerden and it mentions the arrangement he has with Ana I believe. If someone is kind enough to translate it I would appreciate it.

http://www.nusport.nl/20081120/tennis/van-gemerden-hoopt-op-ivanovic

Van Gemerden hoopt op Ivanovic
Uitgegeven: 20 november 2008 9:19
Laatst gewijzigd: 20 november 2008 9:20

AMSTERDAM - Het ziet er niet naar uit dat Melle van Gemerden volgend jaar nog actief is als proftennisser. Het liefst maakt hij, net als de afgelopen weken, deel uit van de begeleidingsstaf van Ana Ivanovic, de nummer vijf van de WTA Tour.

“Ze zijn nu in gesprek over 2009″, zei Sven Groeneveld, die in dienst is bij de sponsor van Ivanovic, woensdag in het AD.

Groeneveld begeleidt diverse profs en talenten namens Adidas en hij heeft Van Gemerden in contact gebracht met Ivanovic. “Ik zie in Melle niet alleen een sparringpartner. Ik heb tegen Ana gezegd dat hij veel meer kan dan een balletje slaan”, aldus Groeneveld.

Motivatieproblemen
Van Gemerden sloeg als prof voorlopig zijn laatste balletje begin juni bij een future-toernooi in eigen land. Hij werkte zich in 2006 op tot de tophonderd en maakte deel uit van het Davis Cup-team. Een hernia hield Van Gemerden daarna lang aan de kant. Zijn rentree verliep vanwege motivatieproblemen niet volgens plan.

(c)Infostrada Sports

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Nov 20th, 2008, 04:59 PM
For anyone how knows dutch, there is an article talking about Ana's sparring partner Melle Van Gemerden and it mentions the arrangement he has with Ana I believe. If someone is kind enough to translate it I would appreciate it.

http://www.nusport.nl/20081120/tennis/van-gemerden-hoopt-op-ivanovic

It says that Melle probably won't continue his own career.
He wants to stay with Ana's team and Sven would be glad to have him there.

I actually don't mind it that the season is over.
I can concentrate more on my own sport now.
But when Australia is there, the tennis virus will get me again I guess.

jelenacg
Nov 20th, 2008, 05:13 PM
New thread ;)
I know next season we will have a lot of changes but i didn`t know they decided to change a little bit ranking system
Now the winner of GS will get 2000 points,finalist 1400 and semifinalist 900...
It is good bc you won`t be able to collect a lot of points by playing small tournaments
Player will `just` have to play good in those 8-10 tournaments
I hope Ana will work on her consistency bc it will be needed next year
As a winner of small tournaments you will get 450 points or less but that looks so insignificantly compared to 2000 points or 1400
http://rapidshare.com/files/165680311/Rankings.pdf

gaviotabr
Nov 20th, 2008, 10:29 PM
It says that Melle probably won't continue his own career.
He wants to stay with Ana's team and Sven would be glad to have him there.

I actually don't mind it that the season is over.
I can concentrate more on my own sport now.
But when Australia is there, the tennis virus will get me again I guess.

Nice! Thanks Sjoerd!

I have to say that the off-season is great for me. I'll have final exams at university next week, and then I might travel.. and I can do all that being relaxed.. not thinking about any tennis match! :lol:

gaviotabr
Nov 20th, 2008, 10:30 PM
New thread ;)
I know next season we will have a lot of changes but i didn`t know they decided to change a little bit ranking system
It is good bc you won`t be able to collect a lot of points by playing small tournaments
As a winner of small tournaments you will get 450 points or less but that looks so insignificantly compared to 2000 points or 1400

Interesting Jelena! I didn't know they would change so radically the ranking system. The points are very different.. I guess they did it because they wanted the Grand Slams to have the same points as in the ATP. And for that you have to change the other tournaments as well..

Sinovaccc
Nov 20th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I have to see first, but so many times things don't go too well, even if they are so well-planed. Let's see if these changes make tennis more interesting.

jonnyroyale_13
Nov 21st, 2008, 01:21 AM
All that stuff about the points is news to me. I guess just wait and see how the new plan goes before criticizing it. My favorite part of the year though was the indoor European events lined up down the stretch, i guess it wont be the same now, seeing someone make a late push to get into the the championships:shrug:
Stuttgart on the indoor clay in the spring could be pretty cool though.
As for no tennis, ive been watching quite a bit this month, downloading stuff i skipped all year. Im not really a fan of any winter sports, since the Chicago Bears are totally hopeless.;)

jonnyroyale_13
Nov 21st, 2008, 03:20 AM
by the way, someone should start a competition/game thats unique for the Ivanovic forum for next year that carries from start of season to end. I dont know the games too well except pick a winner, but it could be fun if we had our own.:)

Reckoner
Nov 21st, 2008, 03:41 AM
I think that would be a great idea.

The competition/game.

bruce goose
Nov 21st, 2008, 05:10 AM
All that stuff about the points is news to me. I guess just wait and see how the new plan goes before criticizing it. My favorite part of the year though was the indoor European events lined up down the stretch, i guess it wont be the same now, seeing someone make a late push to get into the the championships:shrug:
Stuttgart on the indoor clay in the spring could be pretty cool though.
As for no tennis, ive been watching quite a bit this month, downloading stuff i skipped all year. Im not really a fan of any winter sports, since the Chicago Bears are totally hopeless.;)Actually,that's not true;the Bears aren't hopeless,they've just struggled with an abundance of injuries at key positions...it's the REDSKINS who really suck,scoring only 16 points TOTAL at home while embarrassing themselves on national TV the last two weeks.With all the Slavic neighborhoods in the Chicago area,I'd say the Bears are the most likely to host an Ana appearance:hearts::hearts: when she decides to catch her first REAL football game...the brown,watermelon-shaped kind as opposed to the sissy kind that's round & white with black spots on it...where the so-called men bitch and moan to the referees as if they were adolescent girls on PMS.

We're lucky to have an intellectually-astute thread manager like our Brazilian jewel,'Gavi':worship: who can sort through the offseason news in separating trivial gossip from worthwhile items.It's how lazy dudes such as myself can stay attuned to the Ana Realm:)

gaviotabr
Nov 21st, 2008, 09:13 AM
Jelenacg,

It seems that there is an interview with Ana in serbian Gloria Magazine. I don't know what this magazine is like, but thought I should tell you, in case you want to take a look.

http://www.gloriamagazin.com/

jelenacg
Nov 21st, 2008, 11:57 AM
Gloria is a good magazine,that small part of interview that can be seen on line doesn`t say anything new,she talks about winning RG,Olympic games,Fernando

gaviotabr
Nov 21st, 2008, 02:19 PM
I'm watching the DC final, and I don't think Ana is there.. they would have showed her by now.

Thank you Jelena! Let's see if someone has the whole interview!

gaviotabr
Nov 21st, 2008, 03:52 PM
I'm watching the DC final, and I don't think Ana is there.. they would have showed her by now.

Thank you Jelena! Let's see if someone has the whole interview!

Kiridina wrote in GM that Ana is in the DC final. I had turned it off.. I'm watching it again, but haven't seen her yet.

jelenacg
Nov 21st, 2008, 04:22 PM
I wanted to see final but i only could find some bad live stream, no tennis for me
So she is there,good for her:)
Argentina 1-0 Spain :bounce:

gaviotabr
Nov 21st, 2008, 04:47 PM
Now I saw Verdasco, but no Ana. :bigcry: I want to see her with my own eyes!

SOA_MC
Nov 21st, 2008, 05:02 PM
I want to see photographic evidence:(

gaviotabr
Nov 21st, 2008, 05:05 PM
I want to see photographic evidence:(

I want to see her! But I would already be happy with some photos!

SOA_MC
Nov 21st, 2008, 05:10 PM
I've been looking for some pics found nothing yet

gaviotabr
Nov 21st, 2008, 05:12 PM
I have to go out in about 30 minutes.. hope to see Ana before that...

I find it very strange that they are not showing her..

gaviotabr
Nov 21st, 2008, 08:00 PM
Ana might have been next to Verdasco in the match between Nalbandian and Ferrer.. but in this match between Feliciano and Del Potro she isn't. I haven't seen her in the stands either. They just showed the spanish players and the stands around them. I really wanted to have seen Ana. :sad:

jelenacg
Nov 21st, 2008, 08:16 PM
My brother was watching both matches and he told me he didn`t see Ana
Are we sure she was there :confused:
He did see Gabriela Sabatini :)
Argentina 1-1 Spain

gaviotabr
Nov 21st, 2008, 08:23 PM
My brother was watching both matches and he told me he didn`t see Ana
Are we sure she was there :confused:
He did see Gabriela Sabatini :)
Argentina 1-1 Spain

I don't know.. 2 people in GM said they saw her... I watched most of the Nalbandian x Ferrer match.. though I turned the TV off for a while in the middle. It was off when I saw the post in GM. Then I turned it on and did not see her. In the following match she wasn't, that's for sure.

I find it strange that they weren't showing her all the time.. I mean.. it's Ana! :lol: Seriously though, I thought that if she was there, the TV would definitely be on her on many moments. I guess if she was really there, we are going to see some picture sooner or later. Also, tomorrow Fernando will play.. if she is there, she will be watching. Let's see..

I also saw Gabriela Sabatini! Looking really good.

jelenacg
Nov 21st, 2008, 08:37 PM
As you said if she is there tomorrow we will see her
They will probably show her cheering for Fernando and Spain :lol::lol:

dybbuk
Nov 21st, 2008, 10:08 PM
I keep forgetting to post this:

http://www.federtennis.it/SuperTennisTV.asp

Click on Promo 2, Ana is in it briefly.

SOA_MC
Nov 22nd, 2008, 02:24 PM
by the way, someone should start a competition/game thats unique for the Ivanovic forum for next year that carries from start of season to end. I dont know the games too well except pick a winner, but it could be fun if we had our own.:)

I was just thinking about this I'm not sure if we're allowed to but how about having our own vBookie. Have everybody start at 1000 credits and with using real odds from a betting site, place bets for one selected tournament per week.

I can run it

I'll wait for feedback before asking a administrator if we are allowed to have a betting game

SOA_MC
Nov 22nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
So halfway through the the second set of Fernando's match and no Ana sighting?

bruce goose
Nov 22nd, 2008, 04:49 PM
So halfway through the the second set of Fernando's match and no Ana sighting?Though seeing Ana is ALWAYS a treat,this tends to disprove any criticism by haters that she's just a dizzy,lovestruck puppy...hopefully her absence doesn't cause a rift in the relationship.Ana is highly considerate so she surely has her reasons for not being there

gaviotabr
Nov 22nd, 2008, 05:06 PM
So halfway through the the second set of Fernando's match and no Ana sighting?

No. She is definitely not watching the match. Ana said in her presser in Doha that she would not go. I think she never intended to. I don't know why the spanish media said she would be there.. maybe because they learned that she was invited... I don't know..

I think it's for her best.. She said she would be starting with physical training already in november, so it's better to rest at home now than to be traveling around. I don't think Verdasco minds it, as they probably talked about it, so it's all fine.

gaviotabr
Nov 22nd, 2008, 07:53 PM
Five-set doubles is a rarity these days, and neither pairing was able to play with any great consistency, though in the end it was the greater experience of the two Spaniards that proved crucial. But whatever the rubber lacked in quality was more than matched by the drama, with Verdasco, whose Serbian girlfriend Ana Ivanovic, the women's French Open champion, was in the crowd, being the pick of the four players.

From british The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/nov/22/daviscup-tennis). I don't know where they take this from.. or if Ana was hiding under a rock or what, because she was nowhere to be seen during the match. Maybe they just mentioned it because of all the media fuzz about her going. I still don't think she was there...

SOA_MC
Nov 22nd, 2008, 08:00 PM
I was just thinking about this I'm not sure if we're allowed to but how about having our own vBookie. Have everybody start at 1000 credits and with using real odds from a betting site, place bets for one selected tournament per week.

I can run it

I'll wait for feedback before asking a administrator if we are allowed to have a betting game

So anybody for a vBookie game in Ana's forum next year?

jelenacg
Nov 22nd, 2008, 08:02 PM
I don`t think she was there,my brother was watching and he didn`t see her and he said that the commentators said after the match that Fernando`s girlfriend Ana Ivanovic isnt there but she surly must be happy with this result :):)

gaviotabr
Nov 22nd, 2008, 08:05 PM
I don`t think she was there,my brother was watching and he didn`t see her and he said that the commentators said after the match that Fernando`s girlfriend Ana Ivanovic isnt there but she surly must be happy with this result :):)

Yeah.. I also saw the whole match and she was nowhere to be seen. I think Ana is in serbia resting in her home.

I was just surprised to see that in the press.

gaviotabr
Nov 22nd, 2008, 08:07 PM

I think it would be nice. I would like to take part.. though I might not be able to do it for every tournament.. would that be a problem? I've never played this kind of game.

jelenacg
Nov 22nd, 2008, 08:15 PM
Journalist write many things before checking them
Last week Novak Djokovic during his press conference after being asked who is that beautiful girl in his box said (laughing and joking) she is MISS UNIVERSE 2006
Many newspapers including NY times transferred this information like a true fact
I couldn`t believe :):)

gaviotabr
Nov 22nd, 2008, 08:18 PM
Journalist write many things before checking them
Last week Novak Djokovic during his press conference after being asked who is that beautiful girl in his box said (laughing and joking) she is MISS UNIVERSE 2006
Many newspapers including NY times transferred this information like a true fact
I couldn`t believe :):)

:lol:

I saw that! They seriously don't know Nole! :lol:

SOA_MC
Nov 22nd, 2008, 08:48 PM
I think it would be nice. I would like to take part.. though I might not be able to do it for every tournament.. would that be a problem? I've never played this kind of game.

That wouldn't be a problem you don't have to play every tournament

Everybody will start with 1000 credits (1 credit = 1 dollar) I will select one tournament a week to bet on. using odds from a betting site. For each round you post which match and how many credits you want to bet on each match (you don't have to bet on every match)

Using the Linz SF's for an example (starting with 1000 credits)

The matches:
Ivanovic 1.50
Radwanska 1.90

Zvonareva 1.80
Bartoli 2.20

You bet by posting your bets before the matches starts

Example bet:
30 credits on Ivanovic
20 credits on Bartoli

Since Ana won her SF won you win your 30 credits back plus your winnings 15 credits giving you 1045 credits

But since Bartoli lost you lose all the credits you bet on that match 20 credits giving you 1025 credits total

I am happy to take feedback from anybody about what to do with matches that end by retirement or by walkovers or anything else to do with the game

bruce goose
Nov 22nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
I think it would be nice. I would like to take part.. though I might not be able to do it for every tournament.. would that be a problem? I've never played this kind of game.Typical wild,crazy Latina:(...gambling on tennis matches before you've repaid your college loans for law and med school:eek::p

gaviotabr
Nov 22nd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Typical wild,crazy Latina:(...gambling on tennis matches before you've repaid your college loans for law and med school:eek::p

This is just a game.. I see no harm.. I would never bet real money though..

I have to say that I didn't spend a peny with college though. Here in Brazil the best universities are public, it's extremely hard to get in, but you don't have to pay. So.. no loans at all.

bruce goose
Nov 22nd, 2008, 09:11 PM
This is just a game.. I see no harm.. I would never bet real money though..

I have to say that I didn't spend a peny with college though. Here in Brazil the best universities are public, it's extremely hard to get in, but you don't have to pay. So.. no loans at all.Oh my,we are SO much the analytical type,aren't we?:eek: Perhaps it's MY fault for having been such a critical person that others don't know when I'm joking....You misspelled "penny",though:ras:

gaviotabr
Nov 22nd, 2008, 09:20 PM
Oh my,we are SO much the analytical type,aren't we?:eek: Perhaps it's MY fault for having been such a critical person that others don't know when I'm joking....You misspelled "penny",though:ras:

Aiss Bruce.. sometimes you never know.. :lol:

Thanks for the correction!

jelenacg
Nov 22nd, 2008, 09:28 PM
I love the idea,but somehow I know I will be bad in that game :)

bruce goose
Nov 22nd, 2008, 09:30 PM
Aiss Bruce.. sometimes you never know.. :lol:

Thanks for the correction!:smooch:...and YOU get a kiss on the OTHER cheek,'Jelenacg':)

gaviotabr
Nov 22nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
I love the idea,but somehow I know I will be bad in that game :)

:lol: Me too. I know I'll be tempted to bet 1000 on Ana.. and then she will lose only to make me poor on the game! :sobbing:

jelenacg
Nov 22nd, 2008, 09:46 PM
:lol: Me too. I know I'll be tempted to bet 1000 on Ana.. and then she will lose only to make me poor on the game! :sobbing:
:lol::lol:
Yes I`m sure she will do that on purpose :)
We forgot to mention that we are very excited:lol: about this game

gaviotabr
Nov 22nd, 2008, 09:50 PM
Yes I`m sure she will do that on purpose :)
We forgot to mention that we are very excited:lol: about this game

:lol: Ana doesn't like me.. :sobbing:

I'm very excited! :lol:

Sinovaccc
Nov 22nd, 2008, 09:52 PM
I would also love to play, 'cause I like betting, both online and offline. BTW I just got banned or something from bet-at-home, I don't know why.

SOA_MC
Nov 22nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
I'll pm Dexter to see if we are allowed to have a betting game on the forum and if we are allowed to. I will start a thread asking for people's input on rules and just general fine tuning for the game

jelenacg
Nov 22nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Great,more people more fun :)

jonnyroyale_13
Nov 23rd, 2008, 12:53 AM

Sounds good, if theyll let you do it. I never found out why they shut down the old one.

Actually,that's not true;the Bears aren't hopeless,they've just struggled with an abundance of injuries at key positions...it's the REDSKINS who really suck,scoring only 16 points TOTAL at home while embarrassing themselves on national TV the last two weeks.

What?!? How can you excuse the Bears for injuries, but when Ana was returning from injury you showed her no sympathy? Whats up with that?:ras: I dont think their struggles have had much to do with injury at all. The bulk of the payroll is invested on an old defense that can stop the run, but cant even stop guys like Dan Orlovsky(Det.QB):help: in the air. Just take a look at the stats from each game. That Lions game, 280 yds passing, only 53 yds rushing allowed. The next week vs the Titans, 284 yds passing, only 20 yds rushing allowed. You probably know more about defensive schemes than me, but Doug Buffone and Ed O'Bradovich (oldschool Bears that now do the radio postgame) are always bitchin about where the safeties are on the cover two defense..i have no idea what the hell that means, but it sounds good.:lol: They might still win a playoff spot, but nothing about their season so far has been pretty, and really injury hasnt been too much an issue.

bruce goose
Nov 23rd, 2008, 01:12 AM
What?!? How can you excuse the Bears for injuries, but when Ana was returning from injury you showed her no sympathy? Whats up with that?:ras: I dont think their struggles have had much to do with injury at all. The bulk of the payroll is invested on an old defense that can stop the run, but cant even stop guys like Dan Orlovsky(Det.QB):help: in the air. Just take a look at the stats from each game. That Lions game, 280 yds passing, only 53 yds rushing allowed. The next week vs the Titans, 284 yds passing, only 20 yds rushing allowed. You probably know more about defensive schemes than me, but Doug Buffone and Ed O'Bradovich (oldschool Bears that now do the radio postgame) are always bitchin about where the safeties are on the cover two defense..i have no idea what the hell that means, but it sounds good.:lol: They might still win a playoff spot, but nothing about their season so far has been pretty, and really injury hasnt been too much an issue.How can I excuse the Bears for injuries?Because I'm not an airheaded gringo who killed his few brain cells from smoking too much mojo in high school...and since I'm not a Bears fan per se,that means that I don't get piss drunk on cheap Mexican Corona every time they lose...and lose my perspective in the process:lol:

You mention the major passing yards their secondary has allowed...and THAT'S wHERE THEY HAVe THEIR INJURIES...duhhh!Ana communicated with me,via telepathy,that she wants to attend a Bears game since they have the second-most NFL titles.She doesn't want to visit Green Bay,who has the most,because the town is small and boring and she can't do any shopping there at their rinky-dink malls...

I DID have sympathy for that thumb injury but I sensed that Ana wasn't too dedicated REGARDLESS of injury...and hindsight has proven me right:p....once she put her heart back into it,I was on the FRONTLINES defending Ana as she battled with her virus...while adorable,brilliant Brazilian Ana fans were accusing her of choking...so THERE!:ras:

jonnyroyale_13
Nov 23rd, 2008, 01:52 AM
:unsure:
You know what, sorry i brought it up.:explode:

bruce goose
Nov 23rd, 2008, 02:00 AM
:unsure:
You know what, sorry i brought it up.:explode:That's okay:hatoff:...you have frequently given excellent statistical info on Ana so you deserve respect for that:worship: and your opinions are welcome....You're pretty sharp for a guy who probably comes from one of those U.S. states that legally allow "medical" marijuana;)

Zamboni
Nov 23rd, 2008, 08:04 AM
Hi guys :)

Who Made Who PMd me about this game you wanted to start. I'm sorry, but I've ruled it down. Here's the explanation I sent to him:
I'm sorry, but I think it's better if you don't start this game. As you might know, vbetting was one of the things that got this site into trouble with the WTA (basically it was the use of "wta" in the name of the site, combined with vbetting), and we had to abandon vbetting to avoid a lawsuit. We are not allowed to ever start betting on this site again. I hate it too, but it's the way it is, it's one of the conditions under which we were allowed to continue the site.

Sorry guys:awww:

SOA_MC
Nov 23rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah what she said sorry guys betting games not allowed:sad:

Sinovaccc
Nov 23rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Well, we can always loose nerves elsewhere...

jonnyroyale_13
Nov 24th, 2008, 10:21 PM
New thread ;)

Remember when Ana lost the '07 RG final people were complaining about her getting 700 pts, and she only moved from #7 to #6?:lol: This could get pretty crazy in the rankings after the AO, depending who gets off to the good start. Is there a good thread in GM or somewhere about potential moves(?), i cant find one.

jelenacg
Nov 24th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Yes i think it will be crazy with new ranking points,someone like Dinara Safina can take most advantage bc she has nothing to defend
Anyway if JJ plays bad and Safina,Serena or Ana:armed::armed: good,she can say goodbye to # 1

jonnyroyale_13
Nov 24th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Also Vera Zvonareva (#7) has a lot to gain as well , if she can make it through a year healthy.
Her 2008 slam performances... 1R(AO), 4R(RG), 2R(WIM), 2R(USO)

jelenacg
Nov 24th, 2008, 11:33 PM
She can definitely do much better than 1R but...
She has mental problem and you can`t cure that sadly
AO will be very interesting :devil:

jonnyroyale_13
Nov 24th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Harsh!:lol: Call it like you see it.:devil: I like Vera though. One thing this past year, i started watching more players than normal. Ana is the only player i have any emotion over results. But Jelena and Vera are next most entertaining to watch, to me.
When does Ana normally begin serious training for the next year, anyway?http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/boxer.gif

gaviotabr
Nov 26th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I think the first few months of the year will be very nervy.. Ana has tons of points to defend and she will need to play well. The players behind her, such as Vera and Venus, will probably be gaining points, since don't have all that much to defend. Vera actually has a couple o Tier Is finals (Doha and Charleston), but lost in the first round of AO. Let's hope Ana gets her game together in the off season and comes back firing.

gaviotabr
Nov 26th, 2008, 10:09 AM
By the way.. there are paparazzi pics of Ana and Verdasco in spanish magazine Hola!. If there are any spanish posters around, is there any way of seeing these pics? (I'm being such a celebrity magazine junkie now! :lol:). I know Ana is not keen on paparazzi (who in their right minds is anyway?)... and she did look very serious in the video when she sees all the camaras waiting to take pics.. but I'm curious! :p

http://multimedia.hola.com/revista//hola/portada-revista-hola-3357-325.jpg

In the summary it says: Fernando Verdasco goes shopping with his girlfriend Ana Ivanovic in Madrid.

I guess it's the pics from the vídeo.. probably the same that were published in a couple of serbian magazine.

bruce goose
Nov 26th, 2008, 01:16 PM
By the way.. there are paparazzi pics of Ana and Verdasco in spanish magazine Hola!. If there are any spanish posters around, is there any way of seeing these pics? (I'm being such a celebrity magazine junkie now! :lol:). I know Ana is not keen on paparazzi (who in their right minds is anyway?)... and she did look very serious in the video when she sees all the camaras waiting to take pics.. but I'm curious! :p

Yeah,I'll bet you're going NUTS without any matches to forensically dissect;)...you're right,of course,that 99% of paparazzi are algae on the bottom of sea barges(in terms of quality of character);however,I'm pretty sure that Ana enjoyed her main source of company;).She couldn't exactly expect for her and 'Nando to go unrecognized,right?:lol:....Don't misunderstand the first comment,though,cuz I actually like your detailed analyses:smooch::)

jelenacg
Nov 26th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Ana said in her website's diary that she will start her preparation for next season around the end of November and I know she is usually in Australia before New Year
I was watching Fernando`s interview when he returned back in Spain and he said he will be going in Miami on holiday
So i don`t know where she will be training for next season until she goes to Australia maybe in Miami ;):lol:
Yes she has a lot of points to defend but i`m not worried
She loves Australia and she plays good on that surface
I just read that Sharapova will be ready to defend her title
Somehow I don`t see that happening but we will see,she has a lot of points to defend AO champion + title in Doha

jonnyroyale_13
Nov 26th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I think the first few months of the year will be very nervy.. Ana has tons of points to defend and she will need to play well.

It wont be the end of the world if she has a bad start, but if she gets passed by several players in ranking at AO i cant see her having a very good seed at RG, the way the points are now. Shed need to win multiple events between AO and RG to counter the IW title, and make up for any early losses. Good for her that she has a new boyfriend, but could be bad timing for new season preparation.

bruce goose
Nov 26th, 2008, 10:20 PM
It wont be the end of the world if she has a bad start, but if she gets passed by several players in ranking at AO i cant see her having a very good seed at RG, the way the points are now. Shed need to win multiple events between AO and RG to counter the IW title, and make up for any early losses. Good for her that she has a new boyfriend, but could be bad timing for new season preparation.Except Ana has already shown notable restraint by not going to Argentina for Davis Cup....Not that it would've hurt her necessarily by going,and it would've been perfectly understandable if she HAD gone.It just disproves the description that haters have of Ana as a dizzy girl.Any airhead,shallow gf would've followed around the charismatic 'Nando like a puppy dog on a leash(no pun intended there with 'puppy').

Will seeding really matter for Ana at RG if she's at her best,playing with confidence?The Williams girls usually suck at RG;Masha's much weaker there,too.She wouldn't face her biggest threats(Dinara,JJ or Elena D.)until the QFs anyway,right?

jonnyroyale_13
Nov 26th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Seeding will never matter if shes 'at her best, playing with confidence.;) im just saying, its 4 months between slams, she might not be able to improve ranking much until RG if she doesnt come out to a good start.

bruce goose
Nov 26th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Seeding will never matter if shes 'at her best, playing with confidence.;) im just saying, its 4 months between slams, she might not be able to improve ranking much until RG if she doesnt come out to a good start.Like you,Gavi is also eager for Ana to regain her top ranking(as am I).Of course,you're surely not as pretty or smart as Gavi;),but your point is well taken...and it's noteworthy that the focused Ana seems determined to prove herself again.Not that she necessarily needs to be #1 to validate herself,but she may wish to erase memories of her ugly performances in her last stint at #1...she can do this!!!:):bounce:....Time to get an early start for work since my countrymen up here in the North are like idiot Americans who chat on their cellphones while driving with one hand.I think they learned this bad habit when crossing the border on vacation trips...que lastima!:eek:;):wavey:

jonnyroyale_13
Nov 26th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Your posts are kind of like drive-by shootings bruceGoose. You just shoot off whatever kind of response you feel like, and thats pretty much the end of topic. Ive read your response twice, i dont know another way to respond than this.:shrug::p
:bolt:

bruce goose
Nov 26th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Your posts are kind of like drive-by shootings bruceGoose. You just shoot off whatever kind of response you feel like, and thats pretty much the end of topic. Ive read your response twice, i dont know another way to respond than this.:shrug::p
:bolt:Well,my students'll be here in a couple minutes so I'll simplify by saying that you have EXCELLENT taste in Tennis Queens:)...even though one,lovely Vera Z.,is MORE than a little insane...and I wouldn't chat with you if I didn't think you were all right....Keep in mind,Ana LOVES the Olympics,so she might be attending Chicago 2016 even if she's retired then...lucky you:yeah:

jonnyroyale_13
Nov 27th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I wouldn't chat with you if I didn't think you were all right.

This is chatting? The other day i try and respond to your post about the NFL and you come with some nonsense response, then cant stop talking aobut marijuana. Today you either want to approve or disapprove of some posters here, like its an honor. You think im alright? Thats really nice of you.:inlove:
I dont know why it would be lucky me if a retired Ana comes to the olympics in 2016, but ill get to see her play much sooner, next year in Cincinnati.:D

bruce goose
Nov 27th, 2008, 02:19 AM
This is chatting? The other day i try and respond to your post about the NFL and you come with some nonsense response, then cant stop talking aobut marijuana. Today you either want to approve or disapprove of some posters here, like its an honor. You think im alright? Thats really nice of you.:inlove:
I dont know why it would be lucky me if a retired Ana comes to the olympics in 2016, but ill get to see her play much sooner, next year in Cincinnati.:DThen sorry for offending you with my poorly-contrived attempts at humor and,since I can't say anything right,I'll simply avoid any possibility of conflict by not commenting on your posts anymore

gaviotabr
Nov 27th, 2008, 05:04 PM
It wont be the end of the world if she has a bad start, but if she gets passed by several players in ranking at AO i cant see her having a very good seed at RG, the way the points are now. Shed need to win multiple events between AO and RG to counter the IW title, and make up for any early losses. Good for her that she has a new boyfriend, but could be bad timing for new season preparation.

Yes.. she needs to have a good beginning of the year, otherwise whe will be falling in the rankings until Wimbledon. And things always get more difficult with lower seedings, especially with a player like Ana, who tends to improve as the tournament goes on. I mean, it's much harder for a player to beat Ana in a final or semi than in a first round, truth to be told.

I'm especially worried about Ana's ability to keep her focus and her intensity. I would watch her matches in the second half of the year and be just clueless about some things that were happening.. I mean, one moment she was blasting winners, the very next she was completely hopeless, spraying error after error. That's a clear sign that her concentration sliped. She needs to learn to control that better if she wants to be more consistent. And, of course, dedicate herself to improve her game in the off season. She is still a very raw player, she can improve every single shot. Let's hope she takes it seriously and beggins next season completely motivated and focused.

gaviotabr
Nov 29th, 2008, 09:32 AM
It seems that Ana has bought a house in Mallorca. Ana, please focus on your game, you need the practice...

http://www.ultimahora.es/discreto.dba?-1+12+0

Ana Ivanovic encuentra su paraiso
La tenista serbia, campeona de Roland Garros y elegida la deportista más bella, ha comprado un chalet en Son Vida cuyo precio es de 4,5 millones

http://www.ultimahora.es/db-bin/ehsql.cgi?get_bulk+uh_db+Articulos+foto1+553

Ana Ivanovic, ganadora este año de Roland Garros, actual número 5 del mundo y elegida la deportista más bella del mundo, se ha comprado una residencia en Son Vida. Se trata de un chalet de líneas modernas construido en 1998. La parcela total ocupa unos 6.000 metros cuadrados, de los que actualmente la superficie construida es de 950. La propiedad incluye un proyecto para un spa oriental y una casa adicional de invitados, que puede sumar otros 750 m2 a la superficie ya habitable. El chalet tiene dos alturas: la planta baja consta de un salón de unos 130 m2, cocina abierta con zona de desayuno, dormitorio principal con vestidor y baño en suite. En la primera planta se encuentran 4 dormitorios con terraza y tres baños, dos de los cuales son en suite. Además, también incluye un apartamento de personal independiente con dormitorio, baño, salón y cocina. Desde que el pasado verano Ana Ivanovic estuviera unas semanas de vacaciones en Mallorca, la tenista serbia se enamoró de la Isla y buscó una casa para comprar. Durante esa primera visita, Ivanovic realizó una opción de compra de otro chalet, también en Son Vida, a través de la inmobiliaria Kühn & Partner, pero las negociaciones no llegaron a buen puerto. En esta ocasión, la tenista ha realizado la operación con otro agente inmobiliario.

Ana Ivanovic ha pasado esta semana unos días en Mallorca supervisando algunas reformas en su propiedad. Además, no ha descuidado su preparación, a pesar de encontrarse de vacaciones, y ha entrenado en el Palma Racket. Al parecer, Ivanovic se fue ayer de Mallorca para reunirse en Madrid con su novio, el también tenista Fernando Verdasco, y partir desde allí rumbo a Miami.

Jaime Moreda

Foto: J. Aguirre

jelenacg
Nov 29th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Good for her :)
I remember when she was in Mallorca,after Wimbledon she said she wanted to buy a house there
Article says she was training in Palma Racket
Don`t worry gaviotabr:):)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Nov 29th, 2008, 10:36 PM
The new ranking system seems to be an advantage for Ana.
The points for slams are doubled. Same for Miami and IW, but not so much for the little tournaments.

Now it actually doesn't matter much if you have much to defend.
Ana could only win 300 points with the 2008 system. Now it's 1300, so it's good for her ranking.

gaviotabr
Nov 29th, 2008, 10:59 PM
The points for slams are doubled. Same for Miami and IW, but not so much for the little tournaments.

Ana could only win 300 points with the 2008 system. Now it's 1300, so it's good for her ranking.

I think almost all the points are doubled. A Tier III like Brisbane (old Gold Coast) would give out 140 points for the winner, now it's 280. A mandatory tournament like Miami would give 500 points, now it's 1000. A Grand Slam would give 1000 points, now it's 2000.

About defending... I think the will do something about the ranking system before the beginning of the season. The ATP will double everybody's rankings, I think it might be the same with WTA. So, in the end, it will be the same.

The good thing for Ana is that she usually does better at the big tournaments, and there are more of them next year.

Today I was cleaning my bedroom, and organizing my DVDs. I watched a bit of the first set of the match against Dushevina at the US Open. Ana was actually playing a prety good, clean match in the first set... if only she had won it in 2, I don't think her confidence would have got so low, and I definitely think she would not have lost against Coin. But she let that missed overhead get into her head.. I hope Ana works on dealing with frustrations on court during the off-season.

I was thinking about what to expect from next season.. and I don't know, I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm trying to get my head to lower my expectations..

SOA_MC
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Does Ana have a house in Serbia? Any pics of that?

SOA_MC
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:10 AM

But still the points double for everybody, those behind her in the rankings can catch and past Ana more quickly to, if she doesn't get off to a good start

jonnyroyale_13
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Does Ana have a house in Serbia? Any pics of that?

Good question, i dunno. She has one in Basel, Switzerland, and i remember after IW reading something about one in California. Maybe we should start a thread to keep track of all her places.

jonnyroyale_13
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Is this her house, or just some picture from Mallorca?

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Nov 30th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I think almost all the points are doubled. A Tier III like Brisbane (old Gold Coast) would give out 140 points for the winner, now it's 280. A mandatory tournament like Miami would give 500 points, now it's 1000. A Grand Slam would give 1000 points, now it's 2000.

Not with all of them. The Tier II tournaments like Sydney and Paris went from 275 to 470.
And the so called Tier I tournaments, Rome, Toronto etc. will go from 430 to 800. Yes, I know it's not a big difference.

About defending... I think the will do something about the ranking system before the beginning of the season. The ATP will double everybody's rankings, I think it might be the same with WTA. So, in the end, it will be the same.

You mean they probably will double the ranking points at 1 Jan 2009?

It's not what they did with the last system update. I rather have it week by week.
Best 16 results instead of 17 is good for Ana too.

2009 will have many surprises again so hopefully they're positive.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Nov 30th, 2008, 10:08 AM
But still the points double for everybody, those behind her in the rankings can catch and past Ana more quickly to, if she doesn't get off to a good start

That goes for every system.
A player like Ana should not pay attention to the big points you have to defend, but what you can win.
More points to win means a better chance of being 1 again.

gaviotabr
Nov 30th, 2008, 02:18 PM
You mean they probably will double the ranking points at 1 Jan 2009?

It's not what they did with the last system update. I rather have it week by week.
Best 16 results instead of 17 is good for Ana too.

2009 will have many surprises again so hopefully they're positive.

The ATP has the same ranking system change going on and they will double the points before next season begins. I don't know if they will do the same with the WTA, but it would make sense.. this time there is just a huge increase in points. If they don't do it, someone who is number 8 in the world can jump to number 1 if she wins AO. And the winner of that Grand Slam would have a Grand Slam worth twice the others counting on her ranking. But let's wait and see what they do, if they do anything at all..

Best of 16 is definitely good for Ana.. but still, she needs to have a good beginning of the season, otherwise she will drop in the rankings, and I don't think we want to see Ana facing the likes of the Williams' in the 4th round of a slam.

gaviotabr
Nov 30th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Is this her house, or just some picture from Mallorca?

It's the house she supposedly bought. More pics:

http://cowbell.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83423e30253ef0105362b92e8970c-pi

http://cowbell.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83423e30253ef0105362b931a970c-pi

bruce goose
Nov 30th, 2008, 02:24 PM
and I don't think we want to see Ana facing the likes of the Williams' in the 4th round of a slam.Unless it's at RG where it'd be an EASY win for Ana;)...I agree with you on principle,Gavi,but she CAN reach a point where we no longer have to fear her facing the Sisters on non-clay surfaces(except for grass,maybe).As you've said,that'll take dedication on Ana's part...as that Bondo article stated.

gaviotabr
Nov 30th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Unless it's at RG where it'd be an EASY win for Ana;)...I agree with you on principle,Gavi,but she CAN reach a point where we no longer have to fear her facing the Sisters on non-clay surfaces(except for grass,maybe).As you've said,that'll take dedication on Ana's part...as that Bondo article stated.

Yes, it will take dedication. Ana is still a very raw talent. She can and should improve all areas of her game, with some emphasis on her mental game. That takes a lot of dedication.. I just hope she takes this off season seriously and that her team makes the right decisions, so that she has all the conditions to be able to start next season on a high note.

gaviotabr
Dec 1st, 2008, 12:03 PM
Ana likes Spain, there is no doubt about it. But Spain also loves Ana. She was, alongside Rafael Nadal, the only tennis player to figure in the list of most researched subjects in Spain.

http://www.diarioinformacion.com/secciones/noticia.jsp?pRef=2008120100_31_826146__Tecnologia-Juegos-chat-sexo-buscado

jelenacg
Dec 1st, 2008, 12:56 PM
Its good that people loves her in Spain but I see a bad side of this story
They(paparazzi) already know where is her house,they have already taken pictures with her and Nadal,then paparazzi photos with Scot,Sven and her family by the pool(was that also in Mallorca?)
I think we are going to see more paparazzi photos in the future if it`s true that she bought a house there
Good for us but bad for her;)
Anyway i want to see some photos from practice

gaviotabr
Dec 1st, 2008, 01:39 PM
Its good that people loves her in Spain but I see a bad side of this story
They(paparazzi) already know where is her house,they have already taken pictures with her and Nadal,then paparazzi photos with Scot,Sven and her family by the pool(was that also in Mallorca?)
I think we are going to see more paparazzi photos in the future if it`s true that she bought a house there
Good for us but bad for her;)
Anyway i want to see some photos from practice

Yes.. the paparazzi thing in Spain is quite serious though.. if you are famous, you can be sure there will be a paparazzi to take your picture there. In the summer in Mallorca there are more paparazzi then turists! :lol: So if Ana spends more time in Spain, there will be more paparazzi pics of her, no doubt about that. I'm half expecting paparazzi pics of her and Verdasco in Miami, if it's actually true that she went with him. I mean, every paparazzi knew he was going, it was not a secret, and if Ana ended up going with him, more reason for them to be followed around by a spanish paparazzi, even in Miami. I feel for her, as she clearly is a shy, private person.

I also want to see her practicing.. I hope she really focus on improving her game once she gets to Australia to prepare for AO.

jelenacg
Dec 1st, 2008, 01:50 PM
She is not playing any exhibition this year right? :awww::awww:

gaviotabr
Dec 1st, 2008, 01:54 PM
She is not playing any exhibition this year right? :awww::awww:

No. I think there are no plans for exhibitions this year. She only said she would be going earlier to Australia. I think last year she was already there by December 17th. I imagine this year she will be there by next week. And then only preparation.

jelenacg
Dec 1st, 2008, 02:07 PM
No. I think there are no plans for exhibitions this year. She only said she would be going earlier to Australia. I think last year she was already there by December 17th. I imagine this year she will be there by next week. And then only preparation.
And no distraction :lol::lol:

gaviotabr
Dec 1st, 2008, 02:11 PM
And no distraction :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not so sure about that! :lol: But hopefully she will be totally focused and determined to have a great preparation and improve for next season.. :tape:

gaviotabr
Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:15 AM
Entry list for Brisbane:

Official Brisbane International line-up (women’s)
Ivanovic, Ana SRB (no. 5)
Azarenka, Victoria BLR (no. 15)
Bartoli, Marion FRA (no. 17)
Hantuchova, Daniela SVK (no. 21)
Li, Na CHN (no. 23)
Mauresmo, Amelie FRA (no. 24)
Bammer, Sybille AUT (no. 26)
Kanepi, Kaia EST (no. 27)
Kirilenko, Maria RUS (no. 29)
Schiavone, Francesca ITA (no. 30)
Sugiyama, Ai JPN (no. 31)
Kleybanova, Alisa RUS (no. 32)
Bondarenko, Alona UKR (no. 33)
Peng, Shuai CHN (no. 40)
Errani, Sara ITA (no. 42)
Benesova, Iveta CZE (no. 43)
Kvitova, Petra CZE (no. 44)
Pironkova, Tsvetana K BUL (no. 45)
Niculescu, Monica ROU (no. 47)
Govortsova, Olga BLR (no. 49)
Stosur, Samantha AUS (no. 52)
Garbin, Tathiana ITA (no. 55)
Arvidsson, Sofia SWE (no. 56)

If Ana is playing well she should win this.. let's see if she starts the year on a high note. Though I almost don't want her to win.. since she can't seem to have a good tournament after a title.. and the Australian Open is definitely 100000 times more important.

SOA_MC
Dec 2nd, 2008, 03:08 AM
The Aussie season only 1 month away:banana:

I like the entry list:) a chance for Ana to play some competitive matches against varying playing styles

I hope for a 6-0 6-0 demolition of Pironkova after what happen in Rome:ras:

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 2nd, 2008, 04:27 AM
If Ana is playing well she should win this.. let's see if she starts the year on a high note. Though I almost don't want her to win.. since she can't seem to have a good tournament after a title.. and the Australian Open is definitely 100000 times more important.

2009 is the year she puts that 'tradition' to an end. (.........maybe)
She cant lose to that field.

gaviotabr
Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
It seems that Ana is trying to organize a WTA tournament in Belgrade. It would replace Linz in the calendar, being played in Belgrade Arena beginning on October 12th. Aparentely Linz is having some financial problems. That was what I could understand from the google translation, but any serbian poster is welcome to translate it better.

http://www.blic.rs/sport.php?id=68200

gaviotabr
Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:52 AM
2009 is the year she puts that 'tradition' to an end. (.........maybe)
She cant lose to that field.

Hopefully Ana will find consistency in her game and will win back to back tournaments next year! It's definitely something she has to work on.

I also think she should not lose to anyone on that field.. but with Ana it's almost like rinding a roller coaster for the first time, you never know what to expect next. :help:

gaviotabr
Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
I've read a couple of reports saying that Ana would be preparing in Spain before heading to Australia. I don't know if it's true though, as it's not from newspapers or anything. I'll leave it here, you guys can tell me what do you think...

http://www.livetennis.it/n/8521/ana-ivanovic-iniziera-il-20009-a-brisbane/

http://www.sport365.fr/la-une/article_280127_WTA-Ivanovic-se-prepare-en-Espagne.shtml

jelenacg
Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:23 PM
It seems that Ana is trying to organize a WTA tournament in Belgrade. It would replace Linz in the calendar, being played in Belgrade Arena beginning on October 12th. Aparentely Linz is having some financial problems. That was what I could understand from the google translation, but any serbian poster is welcome to translate it better.

http://www.blic.rs/sport.php?id=68200

You are good :)
That would be great if her managers can do that
WTA and ATP tournaments in Belgrade next year:bounce::bounce:
One thing to ad if we get this tournament all the credit goes to Ana,and Nole for the ATP
As article says this have very little ,I`ll say nothing to do with Serbian Tennis Federation
If she and Jelena play in that tournament i`m already feeling sorry for their opponents,as audience we are horrible:devil::o
In the IW final Svetlana had trouble especially serving in the last game bc of all the Serbian cheering for Ana:):o
As for the other thing,i only see the title saying she will be preparing in Spain for next season
I need to see more information

gaviotabr
Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
You are good :)
That would be great if her managers can do that
WTA and ATP tournaments in Belgrade next year:bounce::bounce:
If she and Jelena play in that tournament i`m already feeling sorry for their opponents,as audience we are horrible:devil::o
In the IW final Svetlana had trouble especially serving in the last game bc of all the Serbian cheering for Ana:):o
As for the other thing,i only see the title saying she will be preparing in Spain for next season
I need to see more information

I would definitely be great to have a tournament in Belgrade. I imagine that if Ana is organizing she will be playing. The thing is.. I think international events can only have one top 10 player. I'm not sure about that though.

About the Spain thing.. the second article says that acording to her manager she will be preparing in Spain before going to Australia. But I don't know how reliable this source can be. I agree with you that we would need more information.

jelenacg
Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:08 PM
Well maybe you are right about only 1 player from top ten
But it`s not sure i remember Novak was struggling all year to get ATP tournament
If it happens it will be great but still this is very far from happening
As for Brisbane draw it looks easy but like always it wont be
Pironkova,i want demolition and revenge
Hantuchova has a lot to defend so i expect her to play good
Monica Niculescu,i remember her match against Ana in Fed cup,something like 7-5 in third set :tape: horrible match

gaviotabr
Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Well maybe you are right about only 1 player from top ten
But it`s not sure i remember Novak was struggling all year to get ATP tournament
If it happens it will be great but still this is very far from happening
As for Brisbane draw it looks easy but like always it wont be
Pironkova,i want demolition and revenge
Hantuchova has a lot to defend so i expect her to play good
Monica Niculescu,i remember her match against Ana in Fed cup,something like 7-5 in third set :tape: horrible match

Yes.. nothing is set in stone about the tournament in Belgrade. There is still a long way to go...

The field in Brisbane is weak.. Ana should be able to beat any of those players. But she is totally unpredictable, and I'm not sure what to think about her preparation.. I still think there are way too many distractions going on for someone who has major adjustments to be making on her game. Ana played very poorly in the second part of the year, and even her good matches were not even close to what she can play. She would need to be totally focused and concentrated in improving her on court and mental game if she wants to a have a good australian showing. Hopefully my worries are unfunded and Ana will start the year firing. If she plays well she should beat anyone on the Brisbane field.. but Ana playing badly can lose to just about anyone too. So it's always difficult to win a title, no matter who she is playing against.

Niculescu has a very strange game. I remember the match against Jankovic in Roland Garros, and Jelena was totally surprised with what Niculescu was throwing at her.. all unorthodox shots. :lol:

jelenacg
Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:59 PM
Yes i know :lol::lol:
I remember i sat in front of tv expected Ana to win easily and i got everything except an easy win
I have bad memories about that fed cup in Hungary
Both Ana and Jelena were tired, so many bad calls
I remember Ana went to have a little talk with a lines woman,and you could see lines woman was scared bc of Ana`s reaction :lol: :lol:
Back then it wasn`t funny
And not to forget i want easy win against Hantuchova bc of all her moaning about the shoes

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:44 PM
I remember the Niculescu/Jankovic match too:lol:, Monica came with every shot there is and might have made up a few new ones. Thats the only match of hers ive seen. What about Mauresmo, anyone think she'll have a better year, or is she done?

jelenacg
Dec 2nd, 2008, 03:08 PM
I remember the Niculescu/Jankovic match too:lol:, Monica came with every shot there is and might have made up a few new ones. Thats the only match of hers ive seen. What about Mauresmo, anyone think she'll have a better year, or is she done?
She is almost 30 years old,regarding big wins and results i think she is done

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 2nd, 2008, 08:01 PM
I was just wondering, since her name is on that entry list and how scary her name in a draw was just a couple years ago. Jelenacg, you mentioned above you watched the FedCup matches, do you know of any Serbian websites where you can watch any of Ana's Fedcup matches?:D

gaviotabr
Dec 2nd, 2008, 08:15 PM

I would like to see Mauresmo playing well again as her game is quite special, but I agree with Jelenacg. I don't think she will be a major threat as she once was.

jelenacg
Dec 2nd, 2008, 10:57 PM
I was just wondering, since her name is on that entry list and how scary her name in a draw was just a couple years ago. Jelenacg, you mentioned above you watched the FedCup matches, do you know of any Serbian websites where you can watch any of Ana's Fedcup matches?:D
I watched that matches on Serbian national tv ,i only know one Serbian website for downloading matches and they have only one match from fed cup and that is Jankovic SRB against Ozegovic CRO
Many people asked them for matches from fed cup but they couldn`t find

gaviotabr
Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:03 PM
I've finished my exams at University and now I'm suffering from off-season syndrome. I'm bored. :lol:

I would like to see Ana practicing or read something about her preparation plan. Maybe she could share some of it in a diary entry. I hope she pays special atention to her serve in this off-season. It wasn't winning her as many free points as before, and it would totally break down on difficult situations in the second half of the year. Of course there is the backhand and the movement that need consistent work and improvement.. and more concistency in her great forehand.. but the serve and the mental game are key for me.

bruce goose
Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:08 PM
I've finished my exams at University and now I'm suffering from off-season syndrome. I'm bored. :lol:

I would like to see Ana practicing or read something about her preparation plan. Maybe she could share some of it in a diary entry. Congratulations on finishing your exams,Izzy:D....and pity your poor bf who'll have to keep you HIGHLY occupied in order to counter-act your clinical case of Off-season Ana Syndrome(OAS):lol:

SOA_MC
Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:59 AM
Christmas in Brisbane for tennis glamour girl Ivanovic

By Paul Malone
December 02, 2008 11:00pm

SERBIAN tennis glamour girl Ana Ivanovic will be spending Christmas in Queensland in the lead-up to the Brisbane International.

And she will bring her Davis Cup-winning boyfriend Fernando Verdasco with her.

Ivanovic, 21, will arrive in Queensland in a fortnight to step up her training for her drawcard appearance at the inaugural tournament, which starts on January 4.

And Verdasco's entry, announced yesterday, gives the event, which will open the $82 million Queensland Tennis Centre, a fifth man ranked in the world's top 20. The Spaniard is ranked No.16 in the world.

Ivanovic, the French Open champion, has trained in Sydney in the past two Decembers, but will make the most of hot-weather training at a so far undisclosed location in southeast Queensland.

"I will fly to Queensland in the middle of December and train there before the tournament starts," Ivanovic said.

"In the past, I've trained in Melbourne and Sydney, but now I'm going to discover a part of Australia I'm not so familiar with."

Brisbane International tournament director Steve Ayles said: "Whether that means she is coming to train with someone, or alone, I can't comment.

"Ana playing could have influenced Fernando's decision to play here."

Ivanovic last month confirmed to a Spanish website that she was dating the hero of Spain's Davis Cup final win in Argentina last Sunday week. "We met at the US Open (in August) and then it all started," Ivanovic, the French Open champion, said. "He's a fantastic guy and I'm very happy with him."

gaviotabr
Dec 3rd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Some news on Ana. She is in Mallorca practicing in Palma Racket.

http://www.ultimahora.es/db-bin/ehsql.cgi?get_bulk+uh_db+Articulos+foto1+1483

Una pareja de campeones
Los tenistas Ana Ivanovic y Fernando Verdasco, juntos en Palma

Es la pareja del momento. Fernando Verdasco, que dio a España el punto definitivo en la final de la Copa Davis frente a Argentina, y Ana Ivanovic, ganadora este año de Roland Garros y durante unas semanas número 1 del mundo, estuvieron ayer juntos en Palma. El tenista madrileño, actual número 16 del ranking ATP, y vencedor este año en Umag, voló ayer por la mañana hasta Mallorca para pasar unas horas junto a su novia quien, como ya publicó Ultima Hora el pasado sábado, se acaba de comprar un chalet en la urbanización de Son Vida. Ana explicó que no se ha venido a vivir a Mallorca, sino que estará aquí en determinadas épocas del año. Nada más aterrizar en la Isla, Verdasco fue a las instalaciones del Palma Racket, donde se ejercitaba su novia. La temporada de Ivanovic ha sido un poco más corta que la de su novio y ya ha comenzado los entrenamientos de cara a la temporada que viene. Mientras Ivanovic golpeaba la bola, su novio seguía el entrenamiento bien pertrechado con anorak, bufanda y guantes. El tenista llevaba un completo equipo de fotografía y se dedicó a inmortalizar a su novia, imágenes que luego le mostraba durante los descansos. Verdasco, muy amable, comentó que no podía realizar ninguna declaración porque, por contrato, no podía hablar con la prensa hasta que pase un compromiso publicitario que tiene hoy en Port Aventura.

Jaime Moreda

Foto: Julián Aguirre

Is she really practcing outdoors in such cold weather? :tape:

At the front page of the newspaper there is also a picture.. but this is the largest I could get it:

http://www.ultimahora.es/db-bin/ehsql.cgi?get_bulk+uh_db+Ediciones+foto1+3

gaviotabr
Dec 3rd, 2008, 09:38 AM
Oh! Ana reads me! :lol::eek: There is a new diary entry in her web:

Off-season training / December 03, 2008
I’ve been training in Spain for the past two weeks. I bought a holiday home in Mallorca. It’s a very quiet and peaceful area, so it’s a perfect place to train and relax. I have always liked Mallorca: I used to come here to train when I was 15.

I will continue to live in Switzerland, but this gives me another option for training, especially in the winter when you can practise outdoors.

My cousin visited me when I moved in, which was very nice. The neighbours have been very friendly too.

My first week of training was mainly conditioning work, but I had a light hit a few times. Even though the focus has been fitness work, it’s important to slowly work yourself back into a rhythm on the court. It’s also good for your hands, otherwise you can get blisters if you go from not playing at all for two weeks, to intense hitting.

I am now training hard on the court too. I have a hitting partner here with me.

I watched one of the best films I’ve ever seen recently: The Kite Runner. I cried so much afterwards. I really recommend this movie.

I’m looking forward to the new season. My goal is to win another Grand Slam.

Love
Ana

gaviotabr
Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
In a recent interview with Flávia Penetta, she is asked who is the most beautiful girl on tour. She mentions Kirilenko and Ana. My italian is not very good, though I can understand most of it, I didn't quite get what she ment in a part of the answer (what di viso means?). Google translation didn't help either, so if anyone understands it better..

La piu bella?

Kirilenko e, di viso, Ivanovic.

gaviotabr
Dec 3rd, 2008, 12:02 PM
Congratulations on finishing your exams,Izzy:D....and pity your poor bf who'll have to keep you HIGHLY occupied in order to counter-act your clinical case of Off-season Ana Syndrome(OAS):lol:

My boyfriend is working, which only increases my boredom. :lol: I guess I'll go out this afternoon to do some Christmas shopping with my mom... and I'll stop posting nonsense in the forum. :lol:

bruce goose
Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:11 PM

My boyfriend is working, which only increases my boredom. :lol: I guess I'll go out this afternoon to do some Christmas shopping with my mom... and I'll stop posting nonsense in the forum. :lol:You BETTER not stop!I'd miss your nonsense:sad:....As for your bf,I'm quite sure he thinks to himself at the end of the workday(sorry,don't know any Portuguese:angel:),":woohoo:Es el tiempo para mi 'habladora'-sin-pausa hermosa:hearts:"!!!

jelenacg
Dec 3rd, 2008, 07:56 PM
Finally some photos from practice :bounce::bounce:
Nice to see and read preparation is going well
So Fernando didn`t start yet his preparation- who cares:lol:
Ana looks good as always:)

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 4th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I watched that matches on Serbian national tv ,i only know one Serbian website for downloading matches and they have only one match from fed cup and that is Jankovic SRB against Ozegovic CRO
Many people asked them for matches from fed cup but they couldn`t find

Ah well, thanks anyway. Hopefully the matches against Japan will be uploaded next year.

More info:

http://www.pressonline.rs/page/stories/sr.html?view=story&id=52604
I saw that you posted it in GM, of all the pictures they could have chosen for that story, why did they go with that one?:ignore::devil:
its probably nothing, but id like to know what it says in the box under the picture?
(Novakovim stopama... Ana će, baš kao i Đoković, imati „svoj" turnir):unsure:

jelenacg
Dec 4th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I agree bad picture:tape::tape:
It says just like Novak, Ana will have `her own ` tournament

jelenacg
Dec 4th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Verdasco interview,he talks about Ana
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/434205/0/verdasco/ana/ivanovic/

gaviotabr
Dec 4th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Verdasco interview,he talks about Ana
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/434205/0/verdasco/ana/ivanovic/

Interesting. I guess they are taking things slowly, which is good. And Ana didn't say all those things to confirm the relatioship.

I also saw some other words from Verdasco on Spanish TV, I guess from another part of the press conference. He said that Ana is the best person he has ever met, that she is happy, always with a smile on her face, and that makes him feel happier, and that everything seems better. You can see that in rtve.es, A la Carta, Corazon de Otoño (03/12/2008), around minute 15:10, with some more images of them shopping.

cocco80
Dec 6th, 2008, 01:13 AM
In a recent interview with Flávia Penetta, she is asked who is the most beautiful girl on tour. She mentions Kirilenko and Ana. My italian is not very good, though I can understand most of it, I didn't quite get what she ment in a part of the answer (what di viso means?). Google translation didn't help either, so if anyone understands it better..

di viso means that she thinks Ana has the most beautiful face (il viso-face...
well I guess she doesn't think highly of Ana's body :p (j/k)

oh...hello everyone..long time no see :bounce:

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 6th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Where do Venus, Jelena and Sharapova begin their next year? Im having hard time finding confirmations. For the other top 10's it looks like Dementieva in Auckland, Ana in Brisbane, everyone else starts in Sydney.

SOA_MC
Dec 6th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Where do Venus, Jelena and Sharapova begin their next year? Im having hard time finding confirmations. For the other top 10's it looks like Dementieva in Auckland, Ana in Brisbane, everyone else starts in Sydney.

Top 10

Jankovic - Hong Kong
Serena - Hopman Cup
Safina - Hopman Cup
Dementieva - Auckland
Ana - Brisbane
Venus - Hong Kong
Zvonareva - Hong Kong
Kuznetsova - Sydney? (Not Sure)
Sharapova - Hong Kong
Radwanska - Sydney

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 6th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I meant the tiered tournaments:p, those 3 i mentioned surely will play something beside the exhos,right?

SOA_MC
Dec 6th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Sorry I misread, I only just woke up

There were two threads in GM not long ago, Jankovic is unsure about playing Sydney and Venus might play Sydney but only in doubles with her sister, no singles, do a search in GM for the threads

Pova always plays Hong Kong then Australian Open she's done that for years

bruce goose
Dec 6th, 2008, 10:52 PM
In a recent interview with Flávia Penetta, she is asked who is the most beautiful girl on tour. She mentions Kirilenko and Ana. My italian is not very good, though I can understand most of it, I didn't quite get what she ment in a part of the answer (what di viso means?). Google translation didn't help either, so if anyone understands it better..Wanted to comment on this before but was busy with work...will try to use a list for coherence's sake:
1.Pennetta is a stylish,foxy babe in her own right so she has some solid credibility here...it's noteworthy that Flavia is friends with Makiri and still rates Ana as the prettiest face.
2.We're splitting hairs here;only a mentally-ill man would worry over the result if he had to flip a coin to determine his dinner date amongst these two.Also,both women are charming and this inner beauty only augments their outer radiance.
3.If I were FORCED to choose(I know,:lol:),I'd agree with Flavia:Though Ana is four inches taller,which adds alluring appeal,Makiri's overall curvature is pro'bly more flawless and Ana's zero make-up face is likely the best.
4.This is arguably the most gorgeous doubles pairing in the history of the WTA.There are other,lesser-known women such as Cirstea and Dushevina who could hold their own,so to speak,but the success that Ana and Makiri have had in singles & doubles adds a little bit of extra prestige and glamour.
5.Finally,you could even say that Ana-Makiri represents one of the most stunning combinations of femininity in the history of the PLANET.:eek: Not only is each one mind-blowing in her own right,but they are SOOO cute together with their warm,sunny smiles and sweet camaraderie.On top of THAT,you have the sexy blonde/raven contrast,along with attractive distinctions in height,skin tone and feminine figure

If I live long enough to get Alzheimer's,I MIGHT forget their names but NOT the images they've left:)

gaviotabr
Dec 7th, 2008, 12:24 AM
I meant the tiered tournaments:p, those 3 i mentioned surely will play something beside the exhos,right?

It seems that Jankovic, Venus and Sharapova are not commited to any tiered tournament before AO. Jankovic was supposed to play Sidney, but she ended up not entering. I guess it's hard because they are commited to Hong Kong until the day before Sidney starts. And I'm not sure about how the rule with byes will work out in the new road map.

gaviotabr
Dec 7th, 2008, 12:25 AM
di viso means that she thinks Ana has the most beautiful face (il viso-face...
well I guess she doesn't think highly of Ana's body :p (j/k)

oh...hello everyone..long time no see :bounce:

Thank you! Ana does have a perfect face! :worship:

jelenacg
Dec 7th, 2008, 01:59 AM
I don`t want to write in pictures thread,thats only for Ana`s photos :)
I really hope she will practice and have good preparation...i don`t want another second half of the season
But i also understand that she is :hearts: and wants to spend more time with him
Lets just hope and pray :lol: she will know how to make balance
If not, can she please notify us so i will be prepared and stay away from tv

gaviotabr
Dec 7th, 2008, 02:17 AM
I really hope she will practice and have good preparation...i don`t want another second half of the season
But i also understand that she is :hearts: and wants to spend more time with him

Yes.. I'm with you... I guess once she gets to Australia she will be able to fully focus.. and she did have 2 good weeks of practice already.. so I'm still hopeful! Ana has a lot to work on, a lot to improve, especially after the second half of 2008... so she needs all the practice she can get. I also understand that she needs balance.. it's healthy.. but I'm hoping she knows she has to focus on her tennis because 2009 will be a very important season for her.. it's time to prove herself.

Yes, please! I would also like to know in advance.. to get away from TV and away from GM! :help::tape::lol:

jelenacg
Dec 7th, 2008, 02:36 AM
How could I forget GM:lol::lol:,i think they only love to hate some player
My favorites are `do you think she is overrated` or `she will never win a slam`

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 7th, 2008, 03:07 AM
Next it will be 'Whos boyfriend is most overrated?' or 'Whos boyfriend will never win a slam?':tape:
I just finished watching Venus vs Tanasugarn from Wimbledon.....:zzz:Definitely ready for the new season, and new matches, but if she's going to give warnings before matches next year, ill take one too.

luv_sweetAna
Dec 7th, 2008, 03:07 AM

That's my only concern about this relationship. In my view, and this is just my opinion, no one has to agree with me, Ana isn't mature yet to handle both a career and a relationship at the same time. She's showed us she's not mature yet for the #1 spot, she's yet to prove she's not gonna lose focus and not put her tennis in second priority. I don't know if I'm being too harsh on her when I say this, but the other players are busting off their butt working on the off-season, and all I've seen from Ana is pictures of her and Verdasco hanging out. I fear all of this can derail her career and we'll be forced to see a Vaidisova 2.0. Some people argue she can never turn into a Vaidisova because she has a great team around her and she's grounded and blah blah blah, but the truth is Verdasco is her first public bf and we don't know exactly what to expect from her from now on, career-wise at least. Also, I don't think it's good that he watches her matches, for the reason that he can be a major distraction for her in the stands, and we all know concentration is definitely NOT her forte.

Am I probably overeacting to this relationship? Yes, but this is not just a fling, they've been working to manage to see and be with each other for 3 months now.
Can I be wrong about all this and maybe it'll only help her carreer? Yes, but I'm thinking on the long run.

All that is to say, I still am on the 'wait and see' mode, only fearing the effects of this. Now they look cute and everything is all rainbows, I'm just thinking ahead of time.

Sorry for the long post, that's just my opinion, I wanted to get it out since I first saw pics of them together.

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 7th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Am I probably overeacting to this relationship?

Nah.:p She may very well be distracted. The top players get so many offers coming in for redcarpet events, and endorsements it would be surprising to really know how much. And of course phonecalls and emails coming from famous men. Its a credit to someone like Maria Sharapova who stays so focused, you can turn on her match and not know if shes winning or losing from the look on her face. With Ana, she is who she is, and maybe noone can say for sure, but it does seem shes a bit more prone to being distracted. But, what can you do..she better win Brisbane.:( All i can do about it is watch the tennis and drink my cokes.:drink: By the way, whats with all the guests in the forum, are they all looking at the Ana makeout photos?:unsure:

jelenacg
Dec 11th, 2008, 06:29 PM
So many new paparazzi pictures :eek::eek:
Did they actually pose for paparazzi in this picture:tape:
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3696/6a00d83423e30253ef01053om4.th.jpg (http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6a00d83423e30253ef01053om4.jpg)
Like they need more attention
I need to ask this :topic:
Is Fernando`s family rich or something?He is driving Porsche...
I know tennis players earn a lot but he won only two titles in whole career and one of them Umag this year,i`m confused :lol:

gaviotabr
Dec 11th, 2008, 06:58 PM
So many new paparazzi pictures :eek::eek:
Did they actually pose for paparazzi in this picture:tape:
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3696/6a00d83423e30253ef01053om4.th.jpg (http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6a00d83423e30253ef01053om4.jpg)
Like they need more attention
I need to ask this :topic:
Is Fernando`s family rich or something?He is driving Porsche...
I know tennis players earn a lot but he won only two titles in whole career and one of them Umag this year,i`m confused :lol:

Yes.. his family is mega rich. They have farms, multiple houses, multiple restaurants.

And yes.. that was a posed picture... which is weird.. but sometimes famous people in Spain make an agreement with the paps. They pose for a picture and in return the paparazzi don't follow them for the rest of the day.

Jelena, I think Ana is going back to Belgrade today.

jelenacg
Dec 11th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks,they do that kind of agreements with paparazzi here as well :rolleyes:
Yes I heard she said she is leaving Madrid tonight and going for Australia on Monday
If she is in Belgrade i`m sure we will see some photos
Finally she is going to Australia to practice and no more paparazzi photos
I want to see her playing tennis i was happy and relief when i saw that clip of her practicing after so many paparazzi photos in last couple of days

gaviotabr
Dec 11th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks,they do that kind of agreements with paparazzi here as well :rolleyes:
Yes I heard she said she is leaving Madrid tonight and going for Australia on Monday
If she is in Belgrade i`m sure we will see some photos
Finally she is going to Australia to practice and no more paparazzi photos
I want to see her playing tennis i was happy and relief when i saw that clip of her practicing after so many paparazzi photos in last couple of days

Yes. It was nice to see her practicing. Still.. I just think that she needs to be practcing with a plan, a coach, to improve what she has to improve. Not just hitting balls with a hitting partner. I'm already looking foward to her time in Australia, as she will have time to focus on her tennis. I'm beginning to fear the start of the season, to be honest. Ana is not someone who is great at focusing and concentrating.. she actually usually gets distracted, and that has lost her many matches. She will have to learn how to deal with all this fast, otherwise we might have another difficult period ahead.

I'm still not convinced by some of Ana's answers about the slump. She has said more than once that it was just taking time for her to get back into a rhythm after the injury, which is definitely true.. but it was NOT what was causing her to lose all those matches. I mean, if she was playing well she would probably have had some easy wins.. but since she wasn't she should still have won those matches on mental strengh alone.. and I think most were lost in mental weeknesses, by not taking her opportunities, by losing the important points. And that might have to due with lack of concentration at crucial parts of the match. I'm worried about that, as to work on it and improve it you first have to aknowledge it, and I don't think Ana is doing it.. she actually gives me the impression she would get pissed off with the press saying that she had mental issues. Without aknowledging it, she won't work on it or improve it.. which will lead us to watch unfocused Ana, who might spray balls everywhere. That's my fear, I hope I'm totally wrong and Ana comes out firing at the start of 2009.

jelenacg
Dec 11th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Yes i totally understand what you are trying to say:)
Still she is not gonna say in front of the press that she has a mental issue or trouble with lack of concentration
I think it was also very important that period after Wimbledon when a player has some preparation for the rest of the season and she didn`t have a good preparation bc of injury
Ana is type of player that really needs a good preparation if she doesn`t have it we can expect something like US open
So i`m with you,i`m also worried about start of the season but i`m stying positive for now
In last two days i was very busy at the university and today i go on line and what can i see Ana with Fernando everywhere and JJ practicing for marathon...and my face was :eek::sad::fiery:

gaviotabr
Dec 11th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Yes i totally understand what you are trying to say:)
Still she is not gonna say in front of the press that she has a mental issue or trouble with lack of concentration
I think it was also very important that period after Wimbledon when a player has some preparation for the rest of the season and she didn`t have a good preparation bc of injury
Ana is type of player that really needs a good preparation if she doesn`t have it we can expect something like US open
So i`m with you,i`m also worried about start of the season but i`m stying positive for now
In last two days i was very busy at the university and today i go on line and what can i see Ana with Fernando everywhere and JJ practicing for marathon...and my face was :eek::sad::fiery:

Yes.. JJ is really taking things seriously.. it's actually funny.. I feel we are in reverse worlds. :lol:

I agree with you that the injury hurt her season a lot because of lack of practice.. and that it messed with her confidence and her head. And I don't think she should go out and say: "Yes, I'm mentally week right now." That would be totally wrong.. what I'm trying to say is that she gives me the impression that she is fighting that thought, being pissed off with anyone who actually sugests it. Still.. I hope I'm wrong.

I want to see her working really hard while in Australia. She still has 3 weeks to be totally dedicated.

jelenacg
Dec 11th, 2008, 08:35 PM
3weeks until Brisbane and another 2 until AO
This off season is killing me :)

luv_sweetAna
Dec 12th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Will Sven be with her there preparing for Brisbane and AO?

SOA_MC
Dec 13th, 2008, 12:09 AM

I have a new idea for a game.

In each tournament you choose 1 player who you think will gain ranking points from that tournament. If your player wins ranking points in that tournament, you will win the points that player gains. If your player loses rankings points you will lose points that player loses.

For example (using the 08 points system) you pick Ana at the Australian Open. At AO 08 Ana finish runner up (700 ranking points) If Ana wins the Australian Open 09:hearts: (1000 ranking points) you would win 300 points but if Ana were only to make the QF (250 ranking points) you would lose 450 points

Tell me what you think

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 13th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Tell me what you think

Well it seems a few rule issues, like what to do about the tournaments someone hasnt already played last year(Brisbane for an example:p)- there will need to be some rules. Every tournament/week there is likely to be someone who can be guaranteed to gain points. Maybe if there is only a list of players you can select from?:shrug: And then what to do about the new and old ranking points?
Thats all i can think of. Is there already something like this elsewhere to model it from? Im all in favor of something new , but with only a few weeks we have to act fast on rules and what not.. It could work though, if people jump on your idea with more ideas, I think its a good start:D

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Dec 13th, 2008, 08:02 AM

In each tournament you choose 1 player who you think will gain ranking points from that tournament. If your player wins ranking points in that tournament, you will win the points that player gains. If your player loses rankings points you will lose points that player loses.

For example (using the 08 points system) you pick Ana at the Australian Open. At AO 08 Ana finish runner up (700 ranking points) If Ana wins the Australian Open 09:hearts: (1000 ranking points) you would win 300 points but if Ana were only to make the QF (250 ranking points) you would lose 450 points

Tell me what you think

In that case people will never choose a player who had a good result in that tournament last year.
I think it's better without the 2008 results.
And choose 10 players instead of 1.

1: 1-5
1: 6-10
2: 11-20
1: 21-30
2: 31-50
3: 51-100

SOA_MC
Dec 13th, 2008, 01:28 PM

Tell me what you think

New Rule: One and Done

You can only pick a player once for the whole season so say you pick Ana @ Brisbane, Serena @ Sydney and Safina @ A0 you will no longer be able to pick Ana, Serena or Safina for any other tournament for the season.

SOA_MC
Dec 13th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Well it seems a few rule issues, like what to do about the tournaments someone hasnt already played last year(Brisbane for an example:p)- there will need to be some rules. Every tournament/week there is likely to be someone who can be guaranteed to gain points. Maybe if there is only a list of players you can select from?:shrug: And then what to do about the new and old ranking points?
Thats all i can think of. Is there already something like this elsewhere to model it from? Im all in favor of something new , but with only a few weeks we have to act fast on rules and what not.. It could work though, if people jump on your idea with more ideas, I think its a good start:D

It is very loosely based from NBA.com pick one fantasy game, in that game you pick a player a night, you add up there points, rebound and assits stats to give you your total score for the night.

I can't do much for new tornaments or players playing a tournament they didn't play last year. But I think the one and done rule will make you have to be strategic on your player choices. You can't just pick Safina at the start of the year and Sharapova after Wimbledon.

Ofcourse I will covert all the 08 points into 09 points

SOA_MC
Dec 13th, 2008, 01:53 PM
In that case people will never choose a player who had a good result in that tournament last year.
I think it's better without the 2008 results.
And choose 10 players instead of 1.

1: 1-5
1: 6-10
2: 11-20
1: 21-30
2: 31-50
3: 51-100

If It didn't have 08 points people would only pick tournament favorites, that would be a little dull with everybody picking the same 2 or 3 players every tournament. I think it should stay net gain/loss points so people will have to be strategic in choices and not just pick the tournament favorites

I think 10 players is too many, not all tournaments have big enough draws to have 10 players I like only having one player per tournament

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 13th, 2008, 07:59 PM
rule 'one and done' sounds good to me.
What about a rule for how many 'best results' you count? If there is good participation for this, there will be some people that can play every week and run away with it; others that cant be online every week will benefit from a best 17 results, or something, after the season gets far enough.

If It didn't have 08 points people would only pick tournament favorites, that would be a little dull with everybody picking the same 2 or 3 players every tournament. I think it should stay net gain/loss points so people will have to be strategic in choices and not just pick the tournament favorites

net gain/loss, i think its best too.

SOA_MC
Dec 13th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I like that 'best results' idea:) ince the season is 40+ weeks long I think somewhere around 'top 30 best results' count that's about 3/4 of the season

Only 2 people seem interested in this game so far:sad: I would like to hear from others if they like the game idea and if they would play it to

gaviotabr
Dec 13th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Ana had a press conference in Belgrade today to release Verano Motors' calendar for 2009. She also talked about her goals. I'll leave the serbian article if anyone wants to translate.. but google helped me out and I guess she says she wants to go one step further at AO and reclaim the number 1 ranking next season.

Ana Ivanović: Želim povratak na mesto broj jedan!
Autor: Tanjug | 13.12.2008. - 20:38

Ana Ivanović izjavila je danas da u 2009. godini želi povratak na mesto broj jedan liste najboljih igračica sveta.

"Svakako da mi je prioritet povratak na mesto broj jedan, koje sam držala dobar deo ove sezone", rekla je pobednica ovogodišnjeg "gren-slem"- turnira na pariskom Rolan- Garosu.

Svetski reket broj pet naglasila je da će prvo pokušati napad na titulu u Melburnu, početkom iduće godine.
"Velika mi je želja da pokušam da popravim plasman, odnosno da pokušam da napravim iskorak na ovom turniru, s obzirom da mi je ove godine, u finalu, to prvo mesto izmaklo, posle poraza protiv Marije Šarapove", rekla je Ivanović.
Druga teniserka Srbije istakla je da je ponosna što u najboljem svetlu predstavlja svoju zemlju u svetu.
"Srbija je sa Jelenom, Novakom, Nenadom i sa mnom dobila novi imidž, na koji sam veoma ponosna", rekla je Ivanović.
Mlada Beograđanka već u ponedeljak putuje u Australiju, gde će se pripremati za prvi godišnji "gren-slem"-turnir u Melburnu.
"Osvajanje "gren-slema" u Parizu, ove godine, pamtiću celog života kao najlepši događaj u mojoj karijeri. Želela bih da ponovim taj osećaj iz franucuske prestonice, kada se slušala naša himna", poručila je Ana Ivanović na konferenciji za medije u Tržnom centru "Zira" u Beogradu.

http://www.blic.rs/sport.php?id=69931

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Dec 13th, 2008, 10:36 PM

I think 10 players is too many, not all tournaments have big enough draws to have 10 players I like only having one player per tournament

Instead of 10 we can make it to 7 players.

I think it should stay net gain/loss points so people will have to be strategic in choices and not just pick the tournament favorites

Then at least you can choose between these favorites. With the points off from 2008, most people choose the favorite who has the least points to defend. Which means that many will choose the same player.

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 15th, 2008, 05:16 AM
When do the players have to make the choice for Paris or Stuttgart? Last year Justine entered Paris on Jan 18th, but the new rules made it sound stricter for this year - Im looking at the thread, its just Serena and Maria so far of the top ten.:confused:

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 16th, 2008, 10:18 PM
i killed another thread.:o But if somebody knows a place to find the complete WTA rulebook in regular html format id like to know, because pdf files will not run on my computer.

-NAJ-
Dec 16th, 2008, 10:23 PM
try to install adobe reader

bruce goose
Dec 16th, 2008, 10:24 PM
i killed another thread.:o But if somebody knows a place to find the complete WTA rulebook in regular html format id like to know, because pdf files will not run on my computer.No,don't worry,you didn't destroy any threads;the beautiful Izzy's(Gaviotabr's)bf must've had a couple days off from work.Soon she'll be RIGHT back here to tell me how naive I'm being to hope that Ana turned a corner at the end of last season:lol:....Honestly,though,her feminine intuition is probably much sharper than my wishful,semi-logical thinking:o

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 16th, 2008, 10:25 PM
try to install adobe reader

yeah, adobe was on my computer until it did some automatic updates then none of them worked anymore. SO i completely uninstalled it, and tried to reinstall but my spyware program started freaking out. I never use pdf anyway except for tennis draws and now this, so hoping to avoid trying again.:)

gaviotabr
Dec 16th, 2008, 10:35 PM
When do the players have to make the choice for Paris or Stuttgart? Last year Justine entered Paris on Jan 18th, but the new rules made it sound stricter for this year - Im looking at the thread, its just Serena and Maria so far of the top ten.:confused:

I've read in the WTA rule book that they had to submit their scheadule for the first half of the season to the WTA around 4-5 weeks before the first official tournament of the new season. So most probably have made the choice already.

gaviotabr
Dec 16th, 2008, 10:36 PM
No,don't worry,you didn't destroy any threads;the beautiful Izzy's(Gaviotabr's)bf must've had a couple days off from work.Soon she'll be RIGHT back here to tell me how naive I'm being to hope that Ana turned a corner at the end of last season:lol:....Honestly,though,her feminine intuition is probably much sharper than my wishful,semi-logical thinking:o

You are right.. :lol::hearts:

And I hope I'm wrong.. I wanna see Ana playing great again.. It's always such a pleasure to watch her when she is on.

-NAJ-
Dec 16th, 2008, 10:38 PM
yeah, adobe was on my computer until it did some automatic updates then none of them worked anymore. SO i completely uninstalled it, and tried to reinstall but my spyware program started freaking out. I never use pdf anyway except for tennis draws and now this, so hoping to avoid trying again.:)

i found site where you can view pdf files http://www.pdfmenot.com/
just put direct link

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 16th, 2008, 10:41 PM
its strange that they wont release entry lists for this sport. They might sell a few more tickets if people knew who has entered the Paris tournament. I guess its always been like that.

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 16th, 2008, 10:43 PM
i found site where you can view pdf files http://www.pdfmenot.com/
just put direct link

:worship:Thanks!!

gaviotabr
Dec 16th, 2008, 10:44 PM
its strange that they wont release entry lists for this sport. They might sell a few more tickets if people knew who has entered the Paris tournament. I guess its always been like that.

Yes.. I don't really get the logic about not releasing the entry lists.. maybe they are afraid it will change and people will be mad because they wanted to see X player and X player withdrew..

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 16th, 2008, 11:19 PM
No,don't worry,you didn't destroy any threads;the beautiful Izzy's(Gaviotabr's)....

By the way Gaviotabr(is it Izzy?:D), im sorry a few months ago i assumed you were a dude and called you senor.:o:banghead:

That site NoleAnaJeca posted works great. Im off to read the WTA rule book now.:explode:

gaviotabr
Dec 16th, 2008, 11:24 PM
By the way Gaviotabr(is it Izzy?:D), im sorry a few months ago i assumed you were a dude and called you senor.:o:banghead:

That site NoleAnaJeca posted works great. Im off to read the WTA rule book now.:explode:

It's Ok. :lol: I don't know why but people usually think I'm a guy when I write in internet forums. Bruce thinks it's because I'm extremely analytical. Go figure..

My name is actually Isabela, but you can call me Izzy. ;)

bruce goose
Dec 17th, 2008, 12:06 AM
It's Ok. :lol: I don't know why but people usually think I'm a guy when I write in internet forums. Bruce thinks it's because I'm extremely analytical.My name is actually Isabela, but you can call me Izzy. ;)Well,very few of us actually receive clairvoyant visions of strangers,so I'd say that my theory made sense:ras::ras:

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 17th, 2008, 06:40 AM
When do the players have to make the choice for Paris or Stuttgart?

If anyone is interested, page 16 of the rule book, section D, part 1 says:

'Top 10 and Marquee players are required to submit their Minimum Commitment Requirement Tournaments, using a Player Commitment Form, to Tour Operations by the Monday before the Main Draw Entry Deadline for the first Tournament of the following year.'

gaviotabr
Dec 18th, 2008, 09:36 PM
So.. today we had some Ana news from Australia! From the articles we could see that she had fitness workouts at the beach early morning, running kilometres in a park, plus some on court time with tennis work. And that was only the first day. The pics definitely show a very fit Ana.. so I'm hopeful that this can a be good and effective preparation for next season. :bounce:

I want her to work on shot selection and strategy too.. so I hope Sven can join her and work on that.

jelenacg
Dec 18th, 2008, 11:12 PM
These new pictures are definitely refreshing :)
I like them,nice to see she is working hard
And i want to see Sven too
I totally forgot i won`t see her playing until AO,but i don`t mind as long as she does good in Brisbane

gaviotabr
Dec 18th, 2008, 11:19 PM
These new pictures are definitely refreshing :)
I like them,nice to see she is working hard
And i want to see Sven too
I totally forgot i won`t see her playing until AO,but i don`t mind as long as she does good in Brisbane

I think Brisbane should go well.. I mean, Ana's troubles are usually related to concentration.. and I think she will probably benefit from the on court coaching. Sven or Scott can put her head back into the match.

I just hope that if she wins Brisbane, she keeps focused and gunning at the AO and breaks once and for all that tradition of sucking after a tournament win.

I totally want to see Sven too.. Ana needs a coach to work on shot selection with her, and help improve her shots. She still isn't a mature enough player to do it all by herself. I'm pretty sure Melle is there with her, but I don't know to which point can he also serve as a coach.

jelenacg
Dec 18th, 2008, 11:31 PM
I think Brisbane should go well.. I mean, Ana's troubles are usually related to concentration.. and I think she will probably benefit from the on court coaching. Sven or Scott can put her head back into the match.

I just hope that if she wins Brisbane, she keeps focused and gunning at the AO and breaks once and for all that tradition of sucking after a tournament win.

I totally want to see Sven too.. Ana needs a coach to work on shot selection with her, and help improve her shots. She still isn't a mature enough player to do it all by herself. I'm pretty sure Melle is there with her, but I don't know to which point can he also serve as a coach.

To tell you the truth i`m also a little worried about that
But her problem is when she has 3 or 4 days between tournaments and after Brisbane she has 10 days until AO so i think that will give her enough time
I want her to improve so many things backhand ,concentration,shot selection ,serve ,consistency :lol::lol:

gaviotabr
Dec 18th, 2008, 11:41 PM
To tell you the truth i`m also a little worried about that
But her problem is when she has 3 or 4 days between tournaments and after Brisbane she has 10 days until AO so i think that will give her enough time
I want her to improve so many things backhand ,concentration,shot selection ,serve ,consistency :lol::lol:

Well.. after RG she had 2 weeks and still sucked big time in Wimbledon. It's a concentration problem that she has to work on to find consistency in her game.

Ana can improve so much everything in her game. Everytime I think about that I feel happy.. she is so good already, imagine in a couple of years!

I especially want her to work on shot selection and strategy right now. To be able to come up with different solutions when things aren't clicking. But sure.. the serve and the backhand are very important. I wish she would serve like RG 2007 in every tournament! :lol: And her forehand can also use some work to be more consistent. When it's on it's great, one of the best shots in woman's tennis.. but when it's off.. :tape: And of course, one of the main goals for Ana in 2009 will be get consistency in her game. She needs to be able to hold her level for long time periods. I also want her to continue her path to add variety to her game. She has been using the net game and the slice backhand to great effect, and should work on drop shots and lobs.

-NAJ-
Dec 18th, 2008, 11:44 PM
I think that her biggest problem right now is lack of motivation.
We read the statements that do not confirm that but it is very young and I believe that a little satisfied tennis. and that is only a matter of days when she will explode on tennis court and be even better. (i hope that period will bi in january)

She likes to play in Australia.

gaviotabr
Dec 18th, 2008, 11:52 PM
I think that her biggest problem right now is lack of motivation.
We read the statements that do not confirm that but it is very young and I believe that a little satisfied tennis. and that is only a matter of days when she will explode on tennis court and be even better. (i hope that period will bi in january)

She likes to play in Australia.

I agree that her biggest problem lies in her beautiful head. I wouldn't call it lack of motivation though. I think Ana has focus troubles. Even when she is playing great, highly motivated, her level fluctuates during matches and even sets, because she totally loses concentration. And since she plays a quite risky type of tennis, she needs to be fully focused to have precision and make her shots land in. Then there are times when she is just completely unfocused for some reason... the result is always clear... Ana hands matches away when she is not concentrated. :help: She needs to work on that, find ways to keep her head in the game all the time. I just hope that she also works on that during the off season, she will definitely need it.

jelenacg
Dec 19th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Well afet RG she achieved everything she wanted and dreamed all life so 2 weeks are not enough time to deal with it
I think she can improve and be consistent if she wants,Zurich and Linz have shown that
Yes i was also thinking about that,she can improve everything
I was reading some article on tennis com and they discussed Graf`s forehand and they said that it became less consistent and the reason was that she was hitting with more power i think that is also Ana`s case

gaviotabr
Dec 19th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Well afet RG she achieved everything she wanted and dreamed all life so 2 weeks are not enough time to deal with it
I think she can improve and be consistent if she wants,Zurich and Linz have shown that
Yes i was also thinking about that,she can improve everything
I was reading some article on tennis com and they discussed Graf`s forehand and they said that it became less consistent and the reason was that she was hitting with more power i think that is also Ana`s case

Yes.. you are right about RG.

Well.. Ana has a lot of tournaments where she was consistent, reaching a semi, a final or a win. Her problem is after the win. I can only think of one time that she had a good result after a tournament win, and that was reaching RG final after Berlin title in 2007. Other than that, just plain sucking.

The bit about Graff is interesting.. it might be very accurate. But still.. I feel that if Ana works on it, it can get a lot more consistent.

jelenacg
Dec 19th, 2008, 12:07 AM
In Ana`s and Maria`s case people are always afraid of their lack of motivation
Why is that?
You will never have that issue with some ugly or less pretty girl
They have sent Maria in retirement so many times

gaviotabr
Dec 19th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Why is that?
You will never have that issue with some ugly or less pretty girl
They have sent Maria in retirement so many times

I also don't think it's exactly lack of motivation.

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 19th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I wish she would serve like RG 2007 in every tournament! :lol:

She served more aces/match throughout 2007 than 2008, but serving percentage was better in 2008 for the year(but only by about 5%). I prefer to see the higher aces more in 2009, if it means lowering the first serve by just a few percentage points. You mention Roland Garros, comparing from each year is good example, first serve percent was actually better in 2007, and points won on first serve percent is nearly even too. Big difference though, the aces, as it was for the whole year.

(1sw = points won on first serve; 2sw = points won on second serve)

2007 Roland Garros
R1: 3 Ace, 4 DF, S 56%(22/39) ,1sw 73%(16/22) ,2sw 65%(11/17)
R2: 7 Ace, 2 DF, S 59%(29/49) ,1sw 83%(24/29) ,2sw 65%(13/20)
R3: 4 Ace, 1 DF, S 53%(25/47) ,1sw 64%(16/25) ,2sw 59%(13/22)
R4:11 Ace, 2 DF, S 64%(68/106) ,1sw 66%(45/68) ,2sw 53%(20/38)
QF: 6 Ace, 3 DF, S 53%(32/60) ,1sw 75%(24/32) ,2sw 64%(18/28)
SF: 5 Ace, 1 DF, S 67%(29/43) ,1sw 83%(24/29) ,2sw 43%(6/14)
F: 0 Ace, 5 DF, S 50%(22/44) ,1sw 50%(11/22) ,2sw 41%(9/22)

2008 Roland Garros
R1: 4 Ace, 6 DF, S 58%(42/73) ,1sw 71%(30/42) ,2sw 45%(14/31)
R2: 5 Ace, 2 DF, S 56%(25/45) ,1sw 84%(21/25) ,2sw 65%(13/20)
R3: 3 Ace, 4 DF, S 62%(43/69) ,1sw 72%(31/43) ,2sw 35%(9/26)
R4: 0 Ace, 2 DF, S 50%(20/40) ,1sw 85%(17/20) ,2sw 50%(10/20)
QF: 1 Ace, 3 DF, S 69%(38/55) ,1sw 76%(29/38) ,2sw 59%(10/17)
SF: 5 Ace, 5 DF, S 55%(46/83) ,1sw 61%(28/46) ,2sw 46%(17/37)
F: 0 Ace, 1 DF, S 69%(47/68) ,1sw 68%(32/47) ,2sw 43%(9/21)

-NAJ-
Dec 19th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Why is that?

Because she is young girl with emotions. She wants to do other things. It's normal. She have evrything and it's some sort lack of motivation in head.

sorry for my english :tape:

gaviotabr
Dec 19th, 2008, 12:24 AM
She served more aces/match throughout 2007 than 2008, but serving percentage was better in 2008 for the year(but only by about 5%). I prefer to see the higher aces more in 2009, if it means lowering the first serve by just a few percentage points. You mention Roland Garros, comparing from each year is good example, first serve percent was actually better in 2007, and points won on first serve percent is nearly even too. Big difference though, the aces, as it was for the whole year.

(1sw = points won on first serve; 2sw = points won on second serve)

2007 Roland Garros
R1: 3 Ace, 4 DF, S 56%(22/39) ,1sw 73%(16/22) ,2sw 65%(11/17)
R2: 7 Ace, 2 DF, S 59%(29/49) ,1sw 83%(24/29) ,2sw 65%(13/20)
R3: 4 Ace, 1 DF, S 53%(25/47) ,1sw 64%(16/25) ,2sw 59%(13/22)
R4:11 Ace, 2 DF, S 64%(68/106) ,1sw 66%(45/68) ,2sw 53%(20/38)
QF: 6 Ace, 3 DF, S 53%(32/60) ,1sw 75%(24/32) ,2sw 64%(18/28)
SF: 5 Ace, 1 DF, S 67%(29/43) ,1sw 83%(24/29) ,2sw 43%(6/14)
F: 0 Ace, 5 DF, S 50%(22/44) ,1sw 50%(11/22) ,2sw 41%(9/22)

2008 Roland Garros
R1: 4 Ace, 6 DF, S 58%(42/73) ,1sw 71%(30/42) ,2sw 45%(14/31)
R2: 5 Ace, 2 DF, S 56%(25/45) ,1sw 84%(21/25) ,2sw 65%(13/20)
R3: 3 Ace, 4 DF, S 62%(43/69) ,1sw 72%(31/43) ,2sw 35%(9/26)
R4: 0 Ace, 2 DF, S 50%(20/40) ,1sw 85%(17/20) ,2sw 50%(10/20)
QF: 1 Ace, 3 DF, S 69%(38/55) ,1sw 76%(29/38) ,2sw 59%(10/17)
SF: 5 Ace, 5 DF, S 55%(46/83) ,1sw 61%(28/46) ,2sw 46%(17/37)
F: 0 Ace, 1 DF, S 69%(47/68) ,1sw 68%(32/47) ,2sw 43%(9/21)

Wow. Great stats Jonny. I always had the feeling RG 2007 was the best I've seen Ana serve, but she also did well at this year's RG. I wasn't intending to compare 2 good tournaments though. I'm sure when she played poorly in the second half of the year, the serve was one of the problems.

gaviotabr
Dec 19th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Because she is young girl with emotions. She wants to do other things. It's normal. She have evrything and it's some sort lack of motivation in head.

sorry for my english :tape:

It might add a bit to one or two poor performances, but I really don't think that's the case.. or that can explain certain things. When you lose seven 3 setters in a short span of time, all of them you had the chance to win, than the problem is not only motivational. It's a matter of handling your level of intensity and concentration in a match.

And don't worry about your english, it's perfectly understandable.

-NAJ-
Dec 19th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Her serve with Wilson racquets was better

jelenacg
Dec 19th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Wow her serve was really on fire,but still her backhand , movement and defense this year :rocker2::worship::worship:
NoleAnaJeca your English is fine :)

gaviotabr
Dec 19th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Wow her serve was really on fire,but still her backhand , movement and defense this year :rocker2::worship::worship:
NoleAnaJeca your English is fine :)

2008 RG is the best I've ever seen Ana defend. She was making some great gets! She is a very smooth mover on clay, that definitely helps her out.

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 19th, 2008, 01:12 AM
She was making some great gets! She is a very smooth mover on clay, that definitely helps her out.

http://triton.imageshack.us/Himg249/scaled.php?server=249&filename=88045360ri9.jpg&xsize=578&ysize=480
http://triton.imageshack.us/Himg257/scaled.php?server=257&filename=21qm3.jpg&xsize=578&ysize=480
http://triton.imageshack.us/Himg242/scaled.php?server=242&filename=23dd9.jpg&xsize=578&ysize=480
http://triton.imageshack.us/Himg291/scaled.php?server=291&filename=25jy6.jpg&xsize=578&ysize=480
one of those great gets:worship:, she lost the point, but it was a great effort. If you wonder why i have these screenshots, i tried to make a graphic along time ago, it didnt work though.:o

gaviotabr
Dec 21st, 2008, 11:21 AM
It seems that Ana will be writing a column for an australian newspaper once again during the Australian Open!

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24828502-661,00.html

In Sunday's courtArticle

December 21, 2008 12:00am
GLAMOROUS Serbian tennis champion Ana Ivanovic is joining the Sunday Herald Sun.

The French Open winner, ranked No.2 in the world, will write an exclusive column during her assault on next month's Australian Open.

Ivanovic will come to Melbourne after contesting the Brisbane International.

"Training in Australia during the Christmas period is always one of the highlights of my year," she said.

Ivanovic, 21, a finalist during this year's Open, said her motivation for next year's event was "very high".

Payment for Ivanovic's columns will benefit UNICEF.

bruce goose
Dec 21st, 2008, 01:09 PM
It seems that Ana will be writing a column for an australian newspaper once again during the Australian Open!

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24828502-661,00.htmlSurprising that an analytical,Brazilian forensics expert would overlook the fact that Ana ISN'T actually ranked #2 in the world:ras::ras::ras:.......;):smooch:.Ana is so nice that I'm not sure she's candid enough to make a really good columnist;however,I'll be interested to see what she contributes and,IF SHE WINS AO,then she can do the column in ancient Aramaic for all I care:cool:

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 21st, 2008, 05:18 PM
6 weeks down, 2 remain.:banana:

-NAJ-
Dec 21st, 2008, 05:27 PM
6 weeks down, 2 remain.:banana:

:bounce:

gaviotabr
Dec 23rd, 2008, 01:40 AM
It seems there is an interview with Ana in serbian Gloria Magazine. She is on the cover! To the serbian posters: is there anything new and/or interesting in the interview?

http://www.gloriamagazin.com/UserFiles/Image/Naslovne/289.jpg

DownTheLine21
Dec 23rd, 2008, 11:32 PM
Hello everyone! I've been gone for a few weeks (due to school and now Christmas-related plans), but I thought I'd pop in to wish all the Ana fans a happy holiday. Also, the start of the 2009 season is almost upon us. Here's to a more consistent year and another GS!

doni1212
Dec 24th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Hello everyone! I've been gone for a few weeks (due to school and now Christmas-related plans), but I thought I'd pop in to wish all the Ana fans a happy holiday. Also, the start of the 2009 season is almost upon us. Here's to a more consistent year and another GS!

I was wondering the other day where you were. But thanks, and happy holiday to you too!!

DownTheLine21
Dec 24th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Yes. I'm SO glad that the semester is over for a while. It was positively crazy. But now I can refocus my attention on tennis. The AO can't come soon enough.

jelenacg
Dec 24th, 2008, 07:04 PM
It seems there is an interview with Ana in serbian Gloria Magazine. She is on the cover! To the serbian posters: is there anything new and/or interesting in the interview?

http://www.gloriamagazin.com/UserFiles/Image/Naslovne/289.jpg
I just saw that someone has translated the whole article on Ana`s website,but nothing new really
Nice to read in her new dairy that she is working hard like we were hoping :)

gaviotabr
Dec 24th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I just saw that someone has translated the whole article on Ana`s website,but nothing new really
Nice to read in her new dairy that she is working hard like we were hoping :)

Thanks Jelena! I also just saw it on Ana's web.

Great to read that she is working hard! It already got me excited for next season!

DownTheLine21
Dec 25th, 2008, 01:57 AM
I really think she's going to come back very strong. 2008 was such a whirlwind experience, offering her the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. Hopefully she learned from the year and will maintain consistent form/mindset throughout 2009.

gaviotabr
Dec 26th, 2008, 11:31 PM
I really think she's going to come back very strong. 2008 was such a whirlwind experience, offering her the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. Hopefully she learned from the year and will maintain consistent form/mindset throughout 2009.

I really hope so. It's time for Ana to prove herself.. so it's important that she comes back with a fresher, renewed, stronger mindset, besides bringing an improved game to court.

gaviotabr
Dec 26th, 2008, 11:34 PM
There are news about Ana almost everyday in the australian press. This article was published by The Australian today:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24845200-2722,00.html

There are some new Ana quotes.. it seems that she talked to the newspaper yesterday. It's nothing really new, meaning that we have never heard before, but still interesting.

gaviotabr
Dec 26th, 2008, 11:50 PM
And the Brisbane organizers have already set the date of Ana's first match. It will be Monday, January 5th, night session. It seems that everyone wanted to watch Ana play, so they decided to announce the date already, so people could buy tickets! :bounce:

The following are all different articles:

Opening night in Brisbane is booked for Ana Ivanovic

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24842727-2722,00.html

Ana Ivanovic cleared for Brisbane International comeback

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24842510-10389,00.html

Ana Ivanovic set to sizzle in Australian summer

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24842122-23216,00.html

gaviotabr
Dec 28th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I feel like I have a monologue going on here.. :lol:

The draw for Brisbane will be done on January 3rd. Can't wait to see Ana in action again.. I really hope she comes back firing! :hearts:

bruce goose
Dec 28th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I feel like I have a monologue going on here.. :lol:

The draw for Brisbane will be done on January 3rd. Can't wait to see Ana in action again.. I really hope she comes back firing! :hearts:No,you're not monopolizing;I'd guess that a lot of folks are just so eager to see the season finally start in a couple days that they're gonna hold out until we get some really strong discussion material when Ana begins play.......or maybe they're just silent cuz they're intimidated by una brasilen~a hermosa who has a medical AND law degree:ras::ras::ras::help::help:................. .....;):smooch:

gaviotabr
Dec 28th, 2008, 01:04 PM
No,you're not monopolizing;I'd guess that a lot of folks are just so eager to see the season finally start in a couple days that they're gonna hold out until we get some really strong discussion material when Ana begins play.......or maybe they're just silent cuz they're intimidated by una brasilen~a hermosa who has a medical AND law degree:ras::ras::ras::help::help:................. .....;):smooch:

I don't have a law degree.. YET! :p

I don't really like to start conversations with myself.. but since sometimes I'm alone in the thread, then that's my only choice! :lol:

I'm sure when the season actually starts we will have a lot more action. :bounce:

bruce goose
Dec 28th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I don't really like to start conversations with myself.. but since sometimes I'm alone in the thread, then that's my only choice! :lol:

I'm sure when the season actually starts we will have a lot more action. :bounce:You're so considerate of others:angel::smooch:

-NAJ-
Dec 28th, 2008, 02:43 PM
The draw for Brisbane will be done on January 3rd. Can't wait to see Ana in action again.. I really hope she comes back firing! :hearts:

:bounce: I can not wait anymore :help:

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:04 PM
here's a little trivia question for y'all-

After winning Roland Garros, Ana withdrew from Eastbourne. Two reasons were given for doing so. One reason was that she was mentally/emotionally drained from Paris. The second reason was a medical problem. What was the medical problem?:)

(note: i only read this 'fact' a couple days ago, and went and checked the grass thread for this forum, not any mention of it... But have found 2 confirmations of it since. Maybe I rely too much on this forum for news.:p)

gaviotabr
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:07 PM
here's a little trivia question for y'all-

After winning Roland Garros, Ana withdrew from Eastbourne. Two reasons were given for doing so. One reason was that she was mentally/emotionally drained from Paris. The second reason was a medical problem. What was the medical problem?:)

(note: i only read this 'fact' a couple days ago, and went and checked the grass thread for this forum, not any mention of it... But have found 2 confirmations of it since. Maybe I rely too much on this forum for news.:p)

She had a minor abductor injury. That was the medical problem that was given as a reason.

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:11 PM
aww, you're too fast, i thought it would be a stumper. Thats correct of course.:)
http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=news&tablepage=25&detailpage=1198

gaviotabr
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:15 PM
aww, you're too fast, i thought it would be a stumper. Thats correct of course.:)
http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=news&tablepage=25&detailpage=1198

The Flash! :lol:

It's sunday.. it's raining... I'm at home.. and I'm bored. :lol::lol:

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:21 PM
The Flash! :lol:

It's sunday.. it's raining... I'm at home.. and I'm bored. :lol::lol:

:worship::worship:

would you like a bonus round, Flash?:lol: Sjoerd used to make some really tough quizzes, you can find his thread somewhere in this forum.

gaviotabr
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:29 PM

would you like a bonus round, Flash?:lol: Sjoerd used to make some really tough quizzes, you can find his thread somewhere in this forum.

Ok. I think I can take another question.. :p

I'll look for Sjoerd's thread...

bruce goose
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:32 PM

would you like a bonus round, Flash?:lol: Sjoerd used to make some really tough quizzes, you can find his thread somewhere in this forum.You're dealing with a chica who will soon have a medical AND law degree before the age of 25.......AND she's beautiful:help:...you'll have to switch to NFL or MLB trivia if you want to stump her

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:34 PM
ok, this is a totally random quote from Ana in 2008. She said this following one of her losses. You can use the clues of the quote to figure which loss it was after. You have 5 minutes to reply:devil:...GO!!!

“She’s just a great player,” said Ana graciously. “Today on the court she was the better one.
“Against her you just don't get any rhythm. She was playing extremely well. She had always the first hit on her ball. It was kind of disappointing for me.
“I had chances in the beginning and didn't use them. My intensity just wasn't up there today. When you play against such a champion, you need to be on the ball for each point.”

SOA_MC
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Lindsay Davenport Miami:bigcry:

That loss:mad: Ana was on a huge run to start the year, then she got whacked off the court but hey at least it wasn't a double bagel:o

gaviotabr
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:40 PM
ok, this is a totally random quote from Ana in 2008. She said this following one of her losses. You can use the clues of the quote to figure which loss it was after. You have 5 minutes to reply:devil:...GO!!!

“She’s just a great player,” said Ana graciously. “Today on the court she was the better one.
“Against her you just don't get any rhythm. She was playing extremely well. She had always the first hit on her ball. It was kind of disappointing for me.
“I had chances in the beginning and didn't use them. My intensity just wasn't up there today. When you play against such a champion, you need to be on the ball for each point.”

Uiss I got distracted on the phone, took me a while to see your post.

Uhmm.. I'm not sure.. Davenport in Miami I guess.. aiss :help:

gaviotabr
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Lindsay Davenport Miami:bigcry:

Uiss We answered it at the same time. So I was right too.. I'm glad I did not get to see that match.. I suppose Ana was in one of those days when she is just totally clueless on court.

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:43 PM
youre good.:worship:
http://www.anaivanovic.com/index.php?path=news&tablepage=35&detailpage=1114
Davenport loss in Miami.:)

gaviotabr
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:45 PM
youre good.:worship:
http://www.anaivanovic.com/index.php?path=news&tablepage=35&detailpage=1114
Davenport loss in Miami.:)

:bounce: This is fun!

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Uiss We answered it at the same time. So I was right too.. I'm glad I did not get to see that match.. I suppose Ana was in one of those days when she is just totally clueless on court.

actually, you should watch it. Ana came out looking good, but then it seemed like she got rattled when a few of her balls came back that normally wouldnt. It was a little bit of a schooling from Lindsay in the first set, but definately watchable.

Btw, good going Audio.:p

SOA_MC
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:47 PM
But I think you get the win gaviotabr, I cheated, I used google:p

How can you be doing a Medical degree and a Law degree and at the same time still follow Ana so closely?

I wouldn't have time for anything else if it was me:o

gaviotabr
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:52 PM
actually, you should watch it. Ana came out looking good, but then it seemed like she got rattled when a few of her balls came back that normally wouldnt. It was a little bit of a schooling from Lindsay in the first set, but definately watchable.

Btw, good going Audio.:p

Aiss.. I don't like to see Ana losing.. if I'm watching a match live, and she happens to lose, it already sucks.. I just never feel like downloading a match she lost.. I get mad at Ana. :lol:

SOA_MC
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:53 PM
:bounce: This is fun!

It could be more fun if the questions weren't about Ana getting injured and things she said after losing:ras::p

gaviotabr
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:57 PM
But I think you get the win gaviotabr, I cheated, I used google:p

How can you be doing a Medical degree and a Law degree and at the same time still follow Ana so closely?

I wouldn't have time for anything else if it was me:o

I already have a medical degree. I finished it a year ago. While I was getting my med degree I didn't have time for anything, I almost lived in the hospital. I went back to university in march to begin my law degree.. and I feel comparatively that I have plenty of time in my hands now. I get home on time after clases, I don't have to sleep at university (as at the university hospital).. and I'm an extremely fast reader, which is basicaly what I do so far with my law degree.. read a lot.

A lot of time for Ana and to actually play tennis with friends. :bounce:

gaviotabr
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:59 PM
It could be more fun if the questions weren't about Ana getting injured and things she said after losing:ras::p

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 28th, 2008, 10:04 PM

Fine.:(
Heres an easy one. Ana won the first set of Roland Garros final 6-4. What was the sequence of holds/breaks in the games won by Ana and Dinara-

A)
DS: 1-0-0-0-1-0-1-0-1-0 =4
AI: 0-1-1-1-0-1-0-1-0-1 =6

B)
DS: 1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-0-0 =4
AI: 0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-1-1 =6

C)
DS: 0-0-1-0-0-1-1-1-0-0 =4
AI: 1-1-0-1-1-0-0-0-1-1 =6

D)
DS: 0-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0 =4
AI: 1-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1 =6

gaviotabr
Dec 28th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Fine.:(
Heres an easy one. Ana won the first set of Roland Garros final 6-4. What was the sequence of holds/breaks in the games won by Ana and Dinara-

A)
DS: 1-0-0-0-1-0-1-0-1-0 =4
AI: 0-1-1-1-0-1-0-1-0-1 =6

B)
DS: 1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-0-0 =4
AI: 0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-1-1 =6

C)
DS: 0-0-1-0-0-1-1-1-0-0 =4
AI: 1-1-0-1-1-0-0-0-1-1 =6

D)
DS: 0-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0 =4
AI: 1-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1 =6

C!

jonnyroyale_13
Dec 28th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Izzy wins again.:crazy:

Have a good nite guys and happy new year, i have to respond to email then go.:wavey:

gaviotabr
Dec 28th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Izzy wins again.:crazy:

Have a good nite guys and happy new year, i have to respond to email then go.:wavey:

Good night Jonny! Happy new year! And thanks for the fun trivia game! :kiss:

bruce goose
Dec 28th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Good night Jonny! Happy new year! And thanks for the fun trivia game! :kiss:Genius Smarty Pants!:ras::nerner:

Davodus
Dec 29th, 2008, 03:37 PM
i've just spent a while reading through all this read

thanks for giving me my entertainment for the night everyone :lol:

gaviotabr
Dec 30th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I've found a web that gets monthly columns from Sven. I don't really know dutch, but I guess it might be interesting. Here is his December column:

http://www.tennisdirect.nl/cm/subrequest/?id=177&p=189&e=7bb4&

He talks about Ana in the third page.

-NAJ-
Dec 30th, 2008, 11:09 AM
The same I did with Ana Ivanovic. I was asked in 2006
to her work. Again, I was the first opinion
Henk Kraaijenhof order to go along. Six months later, they also
a whole new team with a full-time fitness trainer. In February
2007 I started very intensively with her work because they do not coach
had. She has huge steps in that period can make
guidance of its fitness trainer. But how good you plant it and how
well you play, there is always something unexpected to happen. Sun won quite unexpectedly Ana
Roland Garros. After this victory a lot has happened in the life of Ana. In addition to the
success, they also had to deal with setbacks and disappointments of a long period of
injury suffered. This injury has lasted far too long. It was only the
first time that she was injured so long. Unfortunately, it is not its goal
can reach to end the year as No. 1 in the world. I am sure they
objective will certainly continue to strive and after that they will do everything to himself for a longer
period at the top of the tennis world to nest.

gaviotabr
Dec 31st, 2008, 05:20 PM
Ana wishes us a Happy new year! :bounce:

Happy New Year! / December 31, 2008
I first of all want to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! I will probably have a fairly quiet time this evening, just a nice dinner with my team. I may stay up till midnight, but it will be tough considering that I’ve been going to bed quite early lately, and getting up early in the mornings.

It’s hard to believe that the new season is upon us already, but it’s a very exciting time for me, and I’m sure for every other player too. A new season always represents new opportunity, and I am always very motivated.

I’ve been fortunate to have the chance to explore the local area here on the Sunshine Coast a little bit in the past week. The beaches are fantastic. There is a choice between a beach with big waves that is great for surfing, or a quiet, secluded beach that is perfect for swimming. And just five minutes’ drive there is a lake that is great for jet-skiing.

Each morning I start my days with a delicious mango smoothie, which I recently learned how to make. In the evenings I am going for walks. It’s been a great place to prepare for the new season and the Brisbane tournament.

This Brisbane tournament is going to be very interesting indeed. I’m looking forward to playing in the brand new stadium, especially because my first match will be a night match, which is always exciting.

Thanks again for all your support during 2008. I hope we can have another great year together.

Love
Ana

gaviotabr
Dec 31st, 2008, 05:30 PM
Commenting a bit on Ana's diary entry, it's quite clear that she explored the area. We had more picture evidence than needed... :tape::lol: She had her local friends showing her around... :rolleyes: Let's hope she also used her time to get some tennis practice: serve, backhand, forehand, volleys, everything should be improved.

I guess we will be able to see how the preparation went during Brisbane. I can't believe it's less than a week away!

bruce goose
Dec 31st, 2008, 05:49 PM
Commenting a bit on Ana's diary entry, it's quite clear that she explored the area. We had more picture evidence than needed... :tape::lol: She had her local friends showing her around... :rolleyes: Let's hope she also used her time to get some tennis practice: serve, backhand, forehand, volleys, everything should be improved.

Glad that you,as a woman,were the 1st to make that observation...I think that Serena or Graf or someone known for her focus could easily 'explore around' w/o it hurting her results...but if Ana loses in the 2nd round to a low-ranked opponent,then she won't have any grounds to complain if some smart-ass reporter asks her,"Do you think you spent too much time prancing around with guys on the beach and too little time preparing for your tourney?" Doesn't Ana have any FEMALE friends?:rolleyes:

Yeah,let's hope that she can prove us to be overly worrisome by having great results.If she can start playing well in 2009 where she's a defending champion...or in the tournament following a title victory,then THIS will clearly signify that we have a new,improved Ana...but if we see 1st or 2nd-round flameouts at Indian Wells or RG,then the critics will have sufficient ammo.Who knows?Maybe 'Nando's D.Cup victory will spur Ana to,at a minimum,match his success:lol:

gaviotabr
Dec 31st, 2008, 06:06 PM
Glad that you,as a woman,were the 1st to make that observation...I think that Serena or Graf or someone known for her focus could easily 'explore around' w/o it hurting her results...but if Ana loses in the 2nd round to a low-ranked opponent,then she won't have any grounds to complain if some smart-ass reporter asks her,"Do you think you spent too much time prancing around with guys on the beach and too little time preparing for your tourney?" Doesn't Ana have any FEMALE friends?:rolleyes:

Yeah,let's hope that she can prove us to be overly worrisome by having great results.If she can start playing well in 2009 where she's a defending champion...or in the tournament following a title victory,then THIS will clearly signify that we have a new,improved Ana...but if we see 1st or 2nd-round flameouts at Indian Wells or RG,then the critics will have sufficient ammo.Who knows?Maybe 'Nando's D.Cup victory will spur Ana to,at a minimum,match his success:lol:

Yes. Ana is a player who gets easily distracted. All these off-season distractions worry me.. But we won't have to wait much to see if she learned how to deal with it or not. Unfortunately, win or lose, the question about her off court activities will be made I think. And she can't really complain.. there is too much information about it. I know paparazzis can be a pain in the @#@$, following her around everywhere. And I'm sure they have many more pictures of her these days in Australia, but only release the ones they find interesting. A bunch of pictures of Ana running with Scott Byrnes are not juicy and are not going to sell. But anyway.. in a way or another her life is more exposed now and she will have to deal with it. I hope that fact doesn't distract her even more.

I'll be paying close attention to her results after a tournament win or in a tournament where she is the defending champion. It's time for her to learn how to keep the intensity and motivation high. Let's see if she can find consistency.

mure
Dec 31st, 2008, 06:16 PM
which exactly are these off season extractions?Just because Ana has turned into a celebrity and damn paparazzis follow her wherever she goes,that doesn't mean that she ignores her training programm.I'm pretty sure that she was hittin the beaches in australia during her previous visits there as well or shoping in clothes stores but (thankfully) we wouldn't read about it..i think you're making a big deal out of nothin here

gaviotabr
Dec 31st, 2008, 06:18 PM
which exactly are these off season extractions?Just because Ana has turned into a celebrity and damn paparazzis follow her wherever she goes,that doesn't mean that she ignores her training programm.I'm pretty sure that she was hittin the beaches in australia during her previous visits there as well or shoping in clothes stores but (thankfully) we wouldn't read about it..i think you're making a big deal out of nothin here

I hope you are right. :)

Nikkiri
Dec 31st, 2008, 06:27 PM

I agree.

gaviotabr
Dec 31st, 2008, 06:38 PM
With all this.. Ana is already in 2009! Have a great year Ana! Take your talent to the next level! And be happy! :worship::bounce:

I still have to wait another 6 hours. :lol:

bruce goose
Dec 31st, 2008, 08:47 PM
With all this.. Ana is already in 2009! Have a great year Ana! Take your talent to the next level! And be happy! :worship::bounce:

I still have to wait another 6 hours. :lol:Yeah,that's the key...even though I'd miss her presence a lot,I'd rather have Ana quit tennis and be happy instead of continuing just because she thought that she was SUPPOSED to do it....The on-court results will be the indisputable proof.Hopefully,Ana is like a female Sampras who was great early but took a couple years to solidify a full commitment to being the best

doni1212
Dec 31st, 2008, 11:46 PM

I still have to wait another 6 hours. :lol:

I have 4 hours and 15 min left, :lol:

gaviotabr
Nov 9th, 2010, 07:52 PM
The 2008 off season thread looks so funny now.. we had no idea how awful 2009/early 2010 would be. :spit: Tragic..

All the WAGing had started though.. :spit:

bruce goose
Nov 9th, 2010, 09:24 PM
The 2008 off season thread looks so funny now.. we had no idea how awful 2009/early 2010 would be. :spit: Tragic..

All the WAGing had started though.. :spit:It'd be freakin' hilarious if Ana won the AO...even if she reached the Semis...and then we had just one maverick Aussie reporter who interviewed swishy Dickhead with the question: "Wow!Ana Ivanovic is on the verge of winning our national pride,the AO.She's done nothing but improve since flushing you down the toilet...yet YOU still suck as usual.Sort of cruel irony,wouldn't you say?".....That's probably too much to ask for,huh?:p.I'll be happy if we just get a couple pics of Nole giving Ana a firm embrace at Hopman Cup...a kiss would even be better:cool:....Seeing him cheer from her box while she wins at the AO would be a TRUE gem:cool::cool::cool: