PDA

View Full Version : Is there any thread wiping rule?

Hakapeszi
Nov 19th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I found time to time some tennisforum/wtaworld threads removed.
Today for example "Tatiana golovin stops tennis" thread disappeared.

Is there any guideline about what kind of threads don't allowed here?

Zamboni
Nov 19th, 2008, 05:47 PM
The thread you mentioned was not removed by the mods/admins, but by the thread starter.

drake3781
Nov 20th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I was wondering where that thread got to, as well. :scratch:

Can the OP always delete his/her thread no matter how many other people have posted in it, and no matter after how long it has been there? It seems that a thread should become "community property" at some point... thoughts?

Zamboni
Nov 20th, 2008, 05:33 AM
I'm not sure...
I remember that some people deleted chat threads in the past, and there was a big discussion about it, so possibly you cannot delete chat threads (+1000) anymore, but I'm really not sure about that:scratch:

Kart
Nov 20th, 2008, 09:03 AM
The main issue is that posters should retain the right to edit/delete their posts whenever they want to.

If that takes the thread away and other posters want it to remain then there are ways around it that can allow posters to delete their posts while the other posts remain. It may interrupt the flow of the thread to have posts missing but that's unavoidable if someone wants to delete their posts.

It has happened before.

drake3781
Nov 21st, 2008, 04:17 AM
The main issue is that posters should retain the right to edit/delete their posts whenever they want to.

If that takes the thread away and other posters want it to remain then there are ways around it that can allow posters to delete their posts while the other posts remain. It may interrupt the flow of the thread to have posts missing but that's unavoidable if someone wants to delete their posts.

It has happened before.

Different topic, but if somebody 2 quoted somebody 1, then somebody 1 can not ever delete what he/she said (right?).

Zamboni
Nov 21st, 2008, 05:32 AM
Different topic, but if somebody 2 quoted somebody 1, then somebody 1 can not ever delete what he/she said (right?).
you can delete your post, but it will stay visible in the quote.