PDA

View Full Version : Sveta's schedule for 2009?

Bероника
Nov 14th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Anyone knows something about Sveta's schedule for 2009? I have not read anything about it yet.

Please,post something here if you know.

Анна
Nov 14th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I haven't heard anything, except that she's supposed to be in the AO. I haven't heard about the tournaments leading up to that one, nor anything after. Other than that, I've only seen the schedule in general, but not for Sveta specifically.

ETA: That was just an excuse to say, nice avatar ;).

Anne

Bероника
Nov 15th, 2008, 10:30 AM
yeah I'm interested mainly in the tournaments leading up to Aussie Open.She usually plays Sydney,where she reached the final last year (that was one great final! :worship: ).I suppose she'll play this year also but nothing has been confirmed yet.In Sydney's tourney site there is only a 4 players list (and Sveta is not one of them) and they said the rest of the field will be added.I wonder how much time we'll have to wait to know...

I was wondering also that maybe with change of coach Sveta is also contemplating changes in her schedule and playing smaller events this next year.What do you think? Not that I've heard or read anything in that direction,but it's a possibility,isn't it? I think it could be good for her to finally get a title and boost her confidence,which seems to be low in the last times :sobbing:

Света_мой_№1
Nov 15th, 2008, 03:24 PM
well as I told vero before I could understand it if they to the smaller tournaments because she is changing a lot also in her game I think it will be easier to try the stuff on lower ranked people and in those tournaments she can also shape it a little bit and then in the half of the season starting with the big ones but that is just me thinking. we have to wait and see.

Анна
Nov 15th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I agree. I thought playing smaller tournaments would be a good idea for her, but we won't know anything until later this month or even December, I guess. I don't know how that would work with all the changes to the tour. Even at #8, she's still very high and I thought there was some rule that the top 10 couldn't play the small things? Ah well, we'll have to see.

If she does choose to go that way, she can come this way and play Memphis ;).

Anne

Света_мой_№1
Nov 15th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I agree. I thought playing smaller tournaments would be a good idea for her, but we won't know anything until later this month or even December, I guess. I don't know how that would work with all the changes to the tour. Even at #8, she's still very high and I thought there was some rule that the top 10 couldn't play the small things? Ah well, we'll have to see.

If she does choose to go that way, she can come this way and play Memphis ;).

Anne

they cant play tier 3 and 4 but she can play tier 2 that already a lot easier

Bероника
Nov 15th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Also I read that Olga commented on Sveta's skill volleys and how she is a good doubles player and that they should work on that,maybe she'll enter more doubles event this next season? I think this would only benefit her game.

But let's wait and see...I guess I'm sometimes too impatient :p

Света_мой_№1
Nov 15th, 2008, 04:11 PM
well I am impatient to so thats ok we will be together

Bероника
Nov 15th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Goldenlox just posted this,that Sveta wanted to enter Auckland tourney this year but as the new rules are stupid neither she or Vera can play there this year as there's already one top10 in :rolleyes:

http://www2.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=362540&page=2

So despite the fact that she can't play there,this kind of confirms she wants to play in smaller events (she never used to play there before,usually she plays only Sydney,at least for the last couple of years).

Also I'm starting to think if these things are going to happen in more tournaments,with her ranking (being ranked in the lower part of top10) she'll always be in disadvantage regarding the top-5.Maybe it would have been better for her to finish outside top10 (same goes for Vera) like Nadia as she could at least chose where she wants to play :tape:

Dinayer
Nov 15th, 2008, 08:28 PM
oh no :(
Poor Sveta :hug:

Bероника
Nov 17th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Not properly a schedule news but about doubles partnering for 2009.

I just read that on doubles sub-forum:

Article from Monaco newspapers: Daniela to team up with Kuznetsova in 2009.

Света_мой_№1
Nov 18th, 2008, 06:36 PM
ok I havent seen much of daniela in doubles I have to say but I know they get along pretty well

Bероника
Nov 19th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Daniela is a good doubles player.If they play regularly and take it seriously,they canhave good results.I've always thought doubles as very useful for singles game.I don't know why Sveta neglected it in the last years.She used to play and win a lot in doubles in her younger years.I hope the news are confirmed soon.

The thing is I have not read the news anywhere else other than this particular thread,so it must not be official yet.I even went to the Hantuchova forum and nothing has been posted there about it.I hope the person who posted it didn't invent it or something because I got very excited about it!

Анна
Nov 29th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Just me bumping this up to see if anyone's heard about Sveta's pre-AO schedule :confused:. Thanks to the new rules, she might not even be able to play a tournament before then. Also, I haven't heard anything more about doubles with Hantchutova, so maybe that was a rumor?

I'd hoped she would play something before immediately going into a GS,but maybe not...

Anne

Bероника
Nov 29th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Still I have not read nor heard anything about it (I keep checking everyday the Sydney tourney forum to see if new names have been added),but I read there are no regulations concerning the tournaments who take place the week before a GS,like Sydney,so I think she should be there since she has final points to defend and to play something to get ready for Australian Open.This is all my assumtion,there's nothing official yet.

And I have not heard more about the Hantuchova partnership.We'll have to wait and see...

This is all we can do at this point...

Bероника
Dec 12th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I read a russian short article where it says Sveta will play in the Fed Cup tie vs China in February :D

Света_мой_№1
Dec 12th, 2008, 08:58 PM
yeah I saw that too. some more matches to follow sveta but it wont be on tv maybe live stream but doubt it but there will be some great pics I think and hoping some of her smilling when holding the trophee again :P