PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Tipping General Rules

Rui.
Nov 8th, 2008, 08:16 PM
What is Tennis Tipping?

In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:
- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.
Tie-break method: http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=13611765&postcount=1

- In case a player (i.e. the actual WTA Player) retires in a match, this match will not be counted. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

Some other rules:

*Tournament thread opening:

1week prior to the begining of the tournament.

*Draw Sizes:

Tournaments should have a draw which has the same size as the real one. Qualifying draws should have room for 32 players except in weeks where there are 3 WTA tournaments. In Those weeks the qualifying draws should have room for 16 players. Any exception to this rule should be decided by the board members.

*Standard First Page:

Check thread: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=362156

*Tournament Managers:

Now that we have many players, managers should start their “managing career” with a low tiered tournament. Only High-profiled managers will run slams.

*Tournament Points:

Tier. Won Final Semi QF R16 R32 R64 R128 QLFR Q3 Q2 Q1

Grand Slam (128) 2.000 1.400 900,00 500,00 280,00 160,00 100,00 5,00 60,00 50,00 40,00 2,00
Tour Championship (16)
Premier Mandatory (96) 1.000,00 700,00 450,00 250,00 140,00 80,00 50,00 5,00 30,00 ..--.. 20,00 1,00
Premier Mandatory (64) 1.000,00 700,00 450,00 250,00 140,00 80,00 5,00 ..--.. 30,00 ..--.. 20,00 1,00
Premier 5 900,00 620,00 395,00 225,00 125,00 70,00 1,00 ..--.. 30,00 ..--.. 20,00 1,00
Premier (56) 470,00 320,00 200,00 120,00 60,00 40,00 1,00 ..--.. 12,00 ..--.. 8,00 1,00
Premier (32) 470,00 320,00 200,00 120,00 60,00 1,00 ..--.. ..--.. 20,00 12,00 8,00 1,00
International (56) 280,00 200,00 130,00 70,00 30,00 15,00 1,00 ..--.. 10,00 ..--.. 6,00 1,00
International (32) 280,00 200,00 130,00 70,00 30,00 1,00 ..--.. ..--.. 16,00 10,00 6,00 1,00
CH (Any) 150,00 110,00 80,00 40,00 20,00 1/10(64D)1,00 6,00 4,00 1,00 ..--..

*Wild Cards:

Not used in the 2010 season.

*Determining Lucky Losers:

In the end of the final qualifying round managers should post a list of the players who have the higher scores in that round (If the score is the same you should use the TB System to order the players). Those are the first players to be called in case someone doesn’t send his/her picks.

*Deadline for Picks

Set by manager, time of first match. No more of "first point played." Makes it easier for everyone involved.

*Challengers

Top 30 players in the singles entry rankings can't play them, except during the Fed Cup and Grand Slam second weeks and when there are no regular WTA tournaments played.

*Number of commitments
Min. number of commitments for a tournament to be run is 16 players/8 teams.

*Fed Cup:

It will be brought back and we shall decide about it in the next meeting.

*SR/TB:

You CAN’T send a SR in your TB different from the SR you decided to send first.
If you send a SR different from your TB (Ex: 2-0 6-3 4-6 7-6) that pick will be counted but the SR/TB won’t.

*CB/”Looking Forwards”:

In Case everything is tied after the use of the TB’s use tournament Countback (CB) as a manner of untying things. If, after the use of CB everything is still tied make players send for the next round and the one with the best picks will win.

*Deadlines

Singles commitment deadline will be 3pm local time the day before qualifying begins.

*Missing Someone's Commitment
In the case that you miss someone's commitment while managing a tournament he/she will be topping the Alt or LL lists.

*Entry Lists/What rankings?
For doing entry lists the last posted rankings will be used.

*Number of Events Per week
One can only play one event per week which includes (giving) walkovers or being replaced by an ALT.

3 Month + 100 posts Rule
One can only play this game if he has created an account in this forum atleast 3 months ago AND has atleast 100 posts.

*Sendind picks for someone else

Not allowed.

*Late Entries

Should be sorted according to the commitment order.

*Use of Alternates/Lucky Losers
If more spots than alternates, highest ranked players receive byes. Place in ranking order.

*Qualifying for Bali
Highest ranked players that have won an international tournament and have not qualified for Doha.

*Qualifying for Doha
Highest ranked players/teams determined by a ranking composed by the best 16 results that the players/teams have done throughout the year. Top 8 players and Top 8 teams shall qualify.

*Sending Picks
you MUST send picks to the manager in order for them to count. if for some reason you cannot send to the manager, then send to the emergency tt board email address.

if you attempt to send picks to the manager and the pm fails, then your picks will count as long as you can provide evidence that the picks were sent in time. if you cannot, then such picks will not count.

if you send to your doubles partner, but forget to send to the manager, these picks will NOT count.

Rui.
Nov 8th, 2008, 08:18 PM
This was the result of a small meeting me and the rest of the board had today :)

The first one of the off-season i'm sure. :)
Denijs couldn't be present but i'm sure he'll give his opinions too

I hope you like the compelling of the rules in one post.

Some more will be added after the other meeting/s

Rui.
Nov 8th, 2008, 08:31 PM
The next meeting will happen when we have already sufficient opinions in the Changes for 2009 thread ;)

MH0861
Nov 8th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Looks good! :yeah:

Elwin.
Nov 8th, 2008, 08:40 PM
:yeah:
Thanks !

FiBeR
Nov 8th, 2008, 08:48 PM
:)

tennismaster8820
Nov 8th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Looks fine!

tennismaster8820
Nov 8th, 2008, 09:00 PM
In Case everything is tied after the use of the TB’s use tournament Countback (CB) as a manner of untying things. If, after the use of CB everything is still tied make players send for the next round and the one with the best picks will win.

You mean in case everything is tied after the use of TB's and SR's?

Rui.
Nov 8th, 2008, 09:02 PM
You mean in case everything is tied after the use of TB's and SR's?

TB's come after SR's so there's no difference. ;)

tennismaster8820
Nov 8th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah so if there are 8 or more matches in the OOP we use TB's first and if it's still tied shouldn't we then use SRs first before CB?

Rui.
Nov 8th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Yeah so if there are 8 or more matches in the OOP we use TB's first and if it's still tied shouldn't we then use SRs first before CB?

we don't use SR's with 8 or more matches right?

I'm not understanding your question...

tennismaster8820
Nov 8th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Ok, never mind.
SRs should be more important IMO! :p

TTomek
Nov 27th, 2008, 03:43 PM
first I see that I lost in both - singles and doubles - in Tokyo and just now I discovered that all the scores were wrong and in fact I won but I didn't know that so I did not send the picks...

it's just not fair at all!!!!!

I could have won it and now I lose....

the tournament should be really canceled :rolleyes:

Extremaduratenis
Mar 24th, 2009, 09:46 AM
And just a question, 8 first teams in race will qualify for YEC, but what about Bali Doubles?? Thanks a lot

In The Zone
Apr 27th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Deadlines will have a formal time now.

Singles commitment deadline will be 3pm local time the day before qualifying begins.

For example, in Stuttgart, qualifying began on Sunday. Therefore, the deadline will be 3pm local time (Stuttgart time) on Saturday. Doubles deadline will be the next day.

This will be used for all tournaments.

Uranus
Jun 7th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Please make it official that once draws are up, withdrawals (in order to play somewhere else) shouldn't be allowed. For me it is logical but it doesn't sound like it is for a few others. It has happened not long ago and there's a bunch of players currently withdrawing from Birmingham due to rain delays.

Andiyan
Jun 7th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Also in the rules should be something about doubles commitments. Is it necessary for a player to confirm the doubles team or not to get in the draw? If no, is it necessary for the player who did not confirm to have entered the singles draw before the deadline has passed to get into the draw?

Chris 84
Jun 7th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Please make it official that once draws are up, withdrawals (in order to play somewhere else) shouldn't be allowed. For me it is logical but it doesn't sound like it is for a few others. It has happened not long ago and there's a bunch of players currently withdrawing from Birmingham due to rain delays.

Unless other board members disagree, I would say this should certainly be pout in concrete. In my opinion, you may not withdraw once the draws are up to play elsewhere. Withdraw if you want by not sending picks, but you certainly shouldn't be able to enter another tournament.

Also in the rules should be something about doubles commitments. Is it necessary for a player to confirm the doubles team or not to get in the draw? If no, is it necessary for the player who did not confirm to have entered the singles draw before the deadline has passed to get into the draw?

It is not necessary which is why there is no rule for it.

In my opinion, the person doesn't have to be in the singles draw either in order to get into the doubles draw....but people may disagree with that.

Andiyan
Jun 7th, 2009, 08:23 PM
It is not necessary which is why there is no rule for it.

In my opinion, the person doesn't have to be in the singles draw either in order to get into the doubles draw....but people may disagree with that.

In that case it'll mean the chance of (unnecessary) walkovers or people not sending picks in doubles MD rises. I don't think its that much trouble to commit a doubles team. If somebody doesnt commit at all I'd rather give a chance to a lower ranked doubles pair. If somebody does commit for singles but not doubles... that's fine with me.

Anyway, something should be in the rules about this because it caused trouble again, and that's not the first time. :)

heart
Jun 7th, 2009, 09:11 PM
hopefully there would be a rule for the two suggestions stated above.
tt birmingham was hell already with those rain delays and now i have two doubles teams who should be in the md but arent coz their partners didnt place any commitments in the thread:sad:
and now dunno what to do with the last two people for md if i have to move them to qualifying the last two people in the qualifying would be pushed as alternates:tears:

Uranus
Jun 7th, 2009, 09:42 PM
In that case it'll mean the chance of (unnecessary) walkovers or people not sending picks in doubles MD rises. I don't think its that much trouble to commit a doubles team. If somebody doesnt commit at all I'd rather give a chance to a lower ranked doubles pair. If somebody does commit for singles but not doubles... that's fine with me.
I get what you mean.
For example if A commits his doubles team ('doubles with B when he commits') for Tier II qualifying (Sunday draw), while B had planned to play Tier III MD (Monday draw) and commits when qualies in the 1st tournament have begun (or when draw is made)- he misses singles+doubles in the Tier II tournament, and gets refused his entry in the Tier III one while he hadn't asked for anything.
Such things might happen, thus I'd say B needs to commit for singles at least in the same tournament, so that he doesn't leave for another one. As a manager I've always asked for the partner to at least enter singles.
Waiting for the board to decide, now ;).

heart
Jun 7th, 2009, 10:18 PM
really need a decision now too so i could make the doubles draw now and inform the teams that will be affected:awww:

Uranus
Jun 7th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Well at the moment nothing is necessary, I think you can let the teams play. Don't know what the board thinks about it but it sounds like the best decision to me, hopefully they will fix everything this week.

heart
Jun 7th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Well at the moment nothing is necessary, I think you can let the teams play. Don't know what the board thinks about it but it sounds like the best decision to me, hopefully they will fix everything this week.

did it already moved the two teams in md the last two teams were dropped to qd and the last two in qd were moved as alts:awww:
i feel really awful:awww: that i made such a mess:sobbing:

Uranus
Jun 7th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Hey Kris, don't feel sorry, you are not responsible for anything ;). Rules will be made so that confusions won't happen again in the future. I've always thought you were a great manager :yeah:.

heart
Jun 7th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Hey Kris, don't feel sorry, you are not responsible for anything ;). Rules will be made so that confusions won't happen again in the future. I've always thought you were a great manager :yeah:.

actually i am:awww: if i just placed them in md then this couldnt have happened:sad:
really?!:eek: :lol:thanks:kiss:

Petkorazzi
Jun 13th, 2009, 06:20 AM
I have a problem :tears: I missed someone's commitment who is supposed to be in MD and the Q matches start in like an hour :tears: I PMed the last in MD if he's around to send picks. If he won't, then I guess it'd be fair to put the one I missed as LL #1.

Chris 84
Jun 13th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I have a problem :tears: I missed someone's commitment who is supposed to be in MD and the Q matches start in like an hour :tears: I PMed the last in MD if he's around to send picks. If he won't, then I guess it'd be fair to put the one I missed as LL #1.

Yup, make him LL #1 and pray that someone in the MD doesn't send picks :p

Uranus
Jun 15th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I'm not 100% sure so I'll ask here: Chrono forgot to send picks in Rosmalen, can he still get into ITF Montpellier? I don't think so.

Rui.
Jun 15th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I'm not 100% sure so I'll ask here: Chrono forgot to send picks in Rosmalen, can he still get into ITF Montpellier? I don't think so.

He can't commit to two tournaments :shrug:

So no.

TTomek
Jun 24th, 2009, 06:03 PM
for Entry lists and for seedings I use the same rankings? :scratch:

Meelis
Jun 24th, 2009, 06:34 PM
for Entry lists and for seedings I use the same rankings? :scratch:

Yes

TTomek
Jun 24th, 2009, 07:28 PM
from 2 weeks before the tournament starts?

Meelis
Jun 24th, 2009, 07:36 PM
from 2 weeks before the tournament starts?

Latest ranks available (so normally ranks 1 week before)

TTomek
Jun 24th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I see...

Extremaduratenis
Aug 20th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Hi!! Any news about how to qualify to Bali (singles and doubles event). We should decide it before US Open finishes to plan our schedule, don't?

Andiyan
Sep 15th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Something that I thought of..

In case of a tie in Set Ratios, normally the next step in SR shootout. This means it's just a matter of luck which of the players has the first SR correct and wins. Therefore I thought it might be more attractive to put in another step before going on to SR shootout. This involves counting the amount of sets given to the winner in case the loser for that match was chosen (eg. Clijsters-Wozniacki 7-6 6-4, player A has Wozniacki 6-3 2-6 6-4, player B has Wozniacki 6-2 6-3). Player A clearly has made the better pick but as the rules are now, this is never rewarded. In case this will be included it also gets a lot more attractive to pick the winner winning in 3 sets, which should add another exciting feature to the game. :)

Rui.
Sep 21st, 2009, 06:55 AM
Ok updated with the two rules that gave problems the last few weeks.

Rui.
Sep 21st, 2009, 06:59 AM
and added some two before those two ones too.

Please note that if all the rules aren't here it's because i'm human.
So help me getting this thread better by remembering me what i forgot.

Andiyan
Sep 21st, 2009, 12:47 PM
A few small notes..

*Missing Someone's Commitment
In the case that you miss someone's commitment while managing a tournament he/she will be topping the Alt or LL lists.

What does missing a commitment imply? A player that has been committed for doubles by his partner but hasn't committed for singles? :unsure:
This rule confuses me cause I don't see what it's about.. how can you top the ALT/LL list when you didn't even commit?

*Number of Events Per week
One can only play one event per week which includes (giving) walkovers or being replaced by an ALT.

You should add that ALTs who do not get in the draw ARE allowed to switch to another tournament (ITF).

Rui.
Sep 21st, 2009, 12:56 PM
A few small notes..

What does missing a commitment imply? A player that has been committed for doubles by his partner but hasn't committed for singles? :unsure:
This rule confuses me cause I don't see what it's about.. how can you top the ALT/LL list when you didn't even commit?

You should add that ALTs who do not get in the draw ARE allowed to switch to another tournament (ITF).

If a manager forgets someone's commitment the person forgotten will be topping the list of LL's in case he/she was in the MD list. In case he/she was in the Quali list he/she will be the first alternate;)

Andiyan
Sep 21st, 2009, 01:31 PM
Oh right.. we're speaking of managerial failure. :help: :lol:

Maybe it's a good idea to put in the rules as well what I thought this was about.. how it works when a player is committed by his partner for doubles but is not in singles. :)

Rui.
Sep 21st, 2009, 05:53 PM
ok thanks frank i'll update it ASAP

sdtoot
Sep 25th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Something that I thought of..

In case of a tie in Set Ratios, normally the next step in SR shootout. This means it's just a matter of luck which of the players has the first SR correct and wins. Therefore I thought it might be more attractive to put in another step before going on to SR shootout. This involves counting the amount of sets given to the winner in case the loser for that match was chosen (eg. Clijsters-Wozniacki 7-6 6-4, player A has Wozniacki 6-3 2-6 6-4, player B has Wozniacki 6-2 6-3). Player A clearly has made the better pick but as the rules are now, this is never rewarded. In case this will be included it also gets a lot more attractive to pick the winner winning in 3 sets, which should add another exciting feature to the game. :)

Absoulutely correct. I didn't see this suggestion before now, but I have put a similar suggestion in the TB rules thread. Will it be implemented? Thanks.

In The Zone
Sep 25th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Absoulutely correct. I didn't see this suggestion before now, but I have put a similar suggestion in the TB rules thread. Will it be implemented? Thanks.

I PMed everyone last night about it and we all still have the same view as the one when we implemented the rules that are in effect now.

sdtoot
Sep 25th, 2009, 08:46 AM
So you and the TT board prefer to give the advantage to players who always pick 2-0 scorelines? Maybe it is because this is how some of the board members play the game? I thought this game was about rewarding the skills of the players to predict (as close as possible) the outcome of matches. By not rewarding players who give a set to the winner, then you are spoiling a superb game. I really would like to hear the TT boards justification and rationale for this decision.

Why don't you put it as a poll for all TT players to vote on over the close season?

Andiyan
Sep 27th, 2009, 11:55 AM
So you and the TT board prefer to give the advantage to players who always pick 2-0 scorelines? Maybe it is because this is how some of the board members play the game? I thought this game was about rewarding the skills of the players to predict (as close as possible) the outcome of matches. By not rewarding players who give a set to the winner, then you are spoiling a superb game. I really would like to hear the TT boards justification and rationale for this decision.

Why don't you put it as a poll for all TT players to vote on over the close season?

I couldn't agree more. Maybe it's confusing to change the rules once again throughout the season, and that's understandable, but I think this new rule is very attractive for the game. So perhaps it could be implemented in January. :)

Andiyan
Sep 27th, 2009, 11:56 AM
*Lucky Losers:

In the end of the final qualifying round managers should post a list of the players who have the higher scores in that round. Those are the first players to be called in case someone doesn’t send his/her picks.

You should add how the manager should place LL's. Highest ranked players without an opponent receive the bye (correct?).

Meelis
Sep 27th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Rules for 2010 will be discussed after the season is over and then everyone has a chance to voice concerns about current rules, propose new rules and rule changes.

Andiyan
Sep 27th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Thankyou. :)

sdtoot
Sep 28th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Rules for 2010 will be discussed after the season is over and then everyone has a chance to voice concerns about current rules, propose new rules and rule changes.

Thanks Meelis. :)

TTomek
Oct 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM
no Protected Rank in TT here?

In The Zone
Oct 22nd, 2009, 03:37 AM
No.

Andreas
Oct 22nd, 2009, 04:12 PM
Is it possible to suggest a rule if you are not a board member?

Meelis
Oct 22nd, 2009, 04:38 PM
Is it possible to suggest a rule if you are not a board member?

Of course.

Andreas
Oct 22nd, 2009, 05:38 PM
Of course.

I think we should use like these special event things where winning an ITF title gives you a direct entry to a WTA event.
It is difficult for lower ranked players to get into the WTA tournaments since the top players are playing every week and I guess it would add some excitement to the ITF's as well and maybe even make more people play them.

TTomek
Oct 22nd, 2009, 05:56 PM
I agree with Andreas

we should bring Special Exempts (SE) to TT.

We should also have Protected Ranking (PR) in TT :p

joe87
Oct 22nd, 2009, 07:10 PM
I think we should use like these special event things where winning an ITF title gives you a direct entry to a WTA event.
It is difficult for lower ranked players to get into the WTA tournaments since the top players are playing every week and I guess it would add some excitement to the ITF's as well and maybe even make more people play them.

Yeah, that's a great idea :yeah:

In The Zone
Oct 23rd, 2009, 05:59 AM

I like that idea. A schedule can be drafted to instruct ITF champions to get SEs into which events. It would have to have at least a one week lapse (since entries close on Saturdays and champions aren't decided until Sunday).

No PRs. People shouldn't be dramatic and "retire." If they can't play TT, then when they return, you start anew.

Adrian.
Oct 23rd, 2009, 12:50 PM
I agree with Paul about SE and PR, too:)
We need some new people for the next year's race:p, I won't do rankings and race again a whole year on my own:shrug:

FORZA SARITA
Oct 25th, 2009, 05:08 PM
i don't know if this is the right thread but i don't know where to post the question about Bali format:p

so even a player that didn't win a title can play bali?:p hope not :o

Well, I thought so:shrug:
In real, only players who won International Tournaments can, right?:scratch:
Maybe someone can ask the board:shrug:

it sounds reasonable to have a title for qualifying in Bali,wotever International or Premier.

in this way is more similar to real Bali but if it's not possible no problem :wavey:

Adrian.
Oct 25th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Ughh, I hope it stays as it is now:p
Really, all my work would have been for nothing:o

FORZA SARITA
Oct 25th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Ughh, I hope it stays as it is now:p
Really, all my work would have been for nothing:o

don't worry,i'm sure my post will be ignored :lol:

In The Zone
Oct 25th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Bali is 9-20. Perhaps next year we can do something different but we agreed earlier in the year and posted it that Bali would be 9-20 in the Race. In the off-season thread when it gets posted, suggest a change.

Chris 84
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:37 PM
are top 30 players allowed to play the challenger next week? bali isn't exactly a regular tour event, so in my opinion we should be able to play the challenger. but i'm not sure....

Meelis
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:40 PM
are top 30 players allowed to play the challenger next week? bali isn't exactly a regular tour event, so in my opinion we should be able to play the challenger. but i'm not sure....

Yes. Just like this week.

Andiyan
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:45 PM
We are 3rd ALT for doubles in Bali.. cwe can play the ITF if we don't get in, right? :unsure:

sdtoot
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:06 AM
We are 3rd ALT for doubles in Bali.. cwe can play the ITF if we don't get in, right? :unsure:

Yes you can play the ITF. Meelis confirmed to me that any ALT's who get into Bali can also play the ITF's on the same week (i.e. two tournaments in the same week). :D

Phil=)
Nov 22nd, 2009, 04:39 PM
Can I play with you guys?

Adrian.
Nov 22nd, 2009, 04:44 PM
Yes, you can:)

Du kannst ab nächster Woche spielen:)

Bei Fragen kannst dich gern bei mir melden:hatoff:

Bennguin1491
Nov 23rd, 2009, 03:22 PM
i have a question--with determining LLs, what is the next thing to go by if winners, SRs, and TBs are all the same? :unsure:

Meelis
Nov 23rd, 2009, 03:57 PM
i have a question--with determining LLs, what is the next thing to go by if winners, SRs, and TBs are all the same? :unsure:

You mean that two losers had identical picks today? I would compare yesterday´s picks and then use ranking, if needed.

Andiyan
Dec 13th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Will anybody run an awards thing for 2009?

Rui.
Dec 29th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Updated, if you have any doubts or if you think something isn't correct or correctly written please help me by saying it :wavey:

Kylger
Feb 17th, 2010, 01:42 PM
so, question about ranking system. IS there a "official" listing somewhere to show how much points anyone has or how are the ranks determined???

Kylger
Feb 17th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Never mind. Found them. LOL.

adner
Mar 6th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I get what you mean.
For example if A commits his doubles team ('doubles with B when he commits') for Tier II qualifying (Sunday draw), while B had planned to play Tier III MD (Monday draw) and commits when qualies in the 1st tournament have begun (or when draw is made)- he misses singles+doubles in the Tier II tournament, and gets refused his entry in the Tier III one while he hadn't asked for anything.
Such things might happen, thus I'd say B needs to commit for singles at least in the same tournament, so that he doesn't leave for another one. As a manager I've always asked for the partner to at least enter singles.
Waiting for the board to decide, now ;).

So what has the board decided about it?

Kylger
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:42 PM
A thought concerning the rules. Something that should be official to avoid arguments and confusion in the future.
If there are less then a full draw for a tournament (i.e 17 players, 23 or whatever amount). Whenever you don't have a full draw. If you have more than 8 BYE's to be placed on the draw, then only TOP8 will get auto BYE, all other BYE's would be a luck of the draw, meaning that even the lowest ranked player might get a first round BYE. As I see from previouse tournament, different methods have been used. Some manager use the method, that lowest battle it out, while others make the BYE's random for players outside of TOP8. So therefore up for debate: what method to use? I think this should be official rule so everyone follow it, to avoid confusion.

feifei
Mar 16th, 2010, 12:44 PM
A thought concerning the rules. Something that should be official to avoid arguments and confusion in the future.
If there are less then a full draw for a tournament (i.e 17 players, 23 or whatever amount). Whenever you don't have a full draw. If you have more than 8 BYE's to be placed on the draw, then only TOP8 will get auto BYE, all other BYE's would be a luck of the draw, meaning that even the lowest ranked player might get a first round BYE. As I see from previouse tournament, different methods have been used. Some manager use the method, that lowest battle it out, while others make the BYE's random for players outside of TOP8. So therefore up for debate: what method to use? I think this should be official rule so everyone follow it, to avoid confusion.

re:)

Kylger
Mar 20th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I feel so ignored :help:
anyways one more rule that should be put in writing, because I feel robbed right now :haha:
Concerning doubles play then. If one of the players in the doubles team doesn't send in their picks, then that counts as a walk-over, even after the first round of play. If a player is unable to send in their picks, then automatically the team should not be counted and opponents get a w-o.

Uranus
Mar 27th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I'm top 30 in both rankings and it's the 2nd week of a Premier event - not Slam. May I play? Don't think so, still asking.

Meelis
Mar 27th, 2010, 12:55 PM
I'm top 30 in both rankings and it's the 2nd week of a Premier event - not Slam. May I play? Don't think so, still asking.

Everyone can play.

Uranus
Mar 28th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Awh, thank you :).

flareon
Mar 28th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Can anyone answer a question for me??

When sending in picks do u send them in round by round or do u send the whole tournament in if that makes sense.

Uranus
Mar 28th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Day by day, following the order of play the manager posts in the thread. Good luck if you're trying to pick every single possible match in a tournament :lol:.
Have a look at the first post of some tournament thread, and the general rules in this thread. You'll know everything you need to play this game ;).

flareon
Mar 29th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Day by day, following the order of play the manager posts in the thread. Good luck if you're trying to pick every single possible match in a tournament :lol:.
Have a look at the first post of some tournament thread, and the general rules in this thread. You'll know everything you need to play this game ;).

Ok thank you :)

Danars
Apr 12th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Sounds like fun, In :)

Kylger
May 2nd, 2010, 10:02 AM
Ok, so changed which should be made in the Standard Front page. Since it is allowed to have different picks for Singles and Doubles, the line
"If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For doubles, you still tip the WTA singles matches, not the doubles!" should be changed

Sander.
Jun 12th, 2010, 03:56 PM
What is the last round you can play on a GS if you play the challenger in the 2nd week? :)

Meelis
Jun 12th, 2010, 04:41 PM
What is the last round you can play on a GS if you play the challenger in the 2nd week? :)

Round of last 16 (players in QF can´t play)

Sander.
Jun 12th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Thank you Meelis!

Chris 84
Jul 28th, 2010, 07:02 PM
although this has been the rule for some time, i don't know if it has ever been written down, so i will write out now the rules for sending picks in tt.

you MUST send picks to the manager in order for them to count. if for some reason you cannot send to the manager, then send to the emergency tt board email address.

if you attempt to send picks to the manager and the pm fails, then your picks will count as long as you can provide evidence that the picks were sent in time. if you cannot, then such picks will not count.

if you send to your doubles partner, but forget to send to the manager, these picks will NOT count.

these are the general rules on the subject and the rules which have generally been adhered to, as far as i am aware, but like i said, im unsure as to whether they have been written down. now they are written, so no excuses :p

Richie's
Aug 7th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Hey guys... I want to run a TT event but i have a big question...
Who and how someone choose the TB and SR matches?

Kylger
Aug 7th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Hey guys... I want to run a TT event but i have a big question...
Who and how someone choose the TB and SR matches?

The manager chooses the match order. Techically speaking TB matches should be the 3 first or last matches on court and SR's would follow. Decision is up to the manager however to change the order in their best interest. TB matches should be the toughest ones on court that day, which (if it should come to that) would resolve the tie. Same goes with the SR matches.

sdtoot
Sep 16th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Talking about the TB/SR order, maybe we should have a rule for two day rounds which states whether the Day 1 or Day 2 SR's have the higher priority in the SR shootout. For the US Open, the Day 2 SR's were given a slight priority over the Day 1 SR's, so that you still had a chance to win if your match went down to the SR shootout. Now that we have agreed to move to a 2 day Quarter Final round for R32 WTA events, maybe we should clarify which order the SR's should be placed.

By setting the Day 1 SR's to TB1, TB2, TB3, SR4 etc, it effectively gives a very low chance for anyone to recover the SR situation going into Day 2. For the final round, we always use TB2, TB3 for Day 1 and TB1 for Day 2, so why not the same for an earlier round?

Just my opinion. :p

Bennguin1491
Sep 16th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Good call, it should definitely be the same throughout.

Kylger
Sep 16th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Talking about the TB/SR order, maybe we should have a rule for two day rounds which states whether the Day 1 or Day 2 SR's have the higher priority in the SR shootout. For the US Open, the Day 2 SR's were given a slight priority over the Day 1 SR's, so that you still had a chance to win if your match went down to the SR shootout. Now that we have agreed to move to a 2 day Quarter Final round for R32 WTA events, maybe we should clarify which order the SR's should be placed.

By setting the Day 1 SR's to TB1, TB2, TB3, SR4 etc, it effectively gives a very low chance for anyone to recover the SR situation going into Day 2. For the final round, we always use TB2, TB3 for Day 1 and TB1 for Day 2, so why not the same for an earlier round?

Just my opinion. :p

The idea should be solid for everyone to follow, I agree with that.

I actually liked how Rob (FaceyFacem) did it in Quebec, by putting Day matches as TB2, SR4, SR6 and SR8 and Day 2 matches as TB1, TB3, SR5, SR7. That keeps the thrill still there and room to recover. With 2 day QF's on WTA level it's easy to do as well, because you already know what matches are to follow the next day(most of the time) so organizing the OOP shouldn't be too much of an issue either.

this is ofcourse something that should be brainstormed also on to make sure everyone understands it.

sdtoot
Sep 16th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Yes we also used TB2, SR4, SR6 etc for Day 1 and TB1, TB3, SR5 etc for Day 2 in the US Open and I don't recall anybody questioning this approach.

Kylger
Sep 16th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Yes we also used TB2, SR4, SR6 etc for Day 1 and TB1, TB3, SR5 etc for Day 2 in the US Open and I don't recall anybody questioning this approach.

well for 2 day rounds that would be the ideal situation then. Would keep it more interesting and strategical voting, because if you only have to guess SR's on the second day then strategy already comes to play there.

Andiyan
Sep 16th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Yep. I dont think anybody could disagree with this. :)

Dzsidzsi
Sep 19th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Hi! Can I play?

Kylger
Sep 19th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Hi! Can I play?
Well you've been a member of TF for over 3 months now, but you must have atleast 100 posts to actually be accepted as a player. So start posting (not spamming ofcourse) and then you need to just look out for the TT tournaments that week. You have to committ before the dead-line .

Dzsidzsi
Sep 19th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Well you've been a member of TF for over 3 months now, but you must have atleast 100 posts to actually be accepted as a player. So start posting (not spamming ofcourse) and then you need to just look out for the TT tournaments that week. You have to committ before the dead-line .

only begin to play if you have the 100 post?

Kylger
Sep 19th, 2010, 12:46 PM

On the front page have the rules.

3 Month + 100 posts Rule
One can only play this game if he has created an account in this forum atleast 3 months ago AND has atleast 100 posts.

Andiyan
Sep 19th, 2010, 01:27 PM

It's a rule to prevent making it easy to play with 2 accounts.

Richie's
Sep 20th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Guys... I'm running TT in Osaka and would like to know if the singles R1 must be played Monday or Tuesday?

I guess it should be in Tuesday...

Kylger
Sep 20th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Osaka is an International event and after US Open new Schedule is in place

TT SCHEDULE

Saturday - Singles Q1
Sunday - Singles QFR + Doubles Q1
Monday - Singles R1 + Doubles QFR
Tuesday - Singles R2 + Doubles R1
Wednesday + Thursday - Singles QF + Doubles QF
Friday - Singles SF + Doubles SF
Saturday + Sunday - Singles F + Doubles F

Kylger
Sep 20th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Ofcourse now with the situation of Saturdays Final.

How many events do we have like that still coming up? Haven't checked, but in those cases does the Qualifying start already on Friday?

Richie's
Sep 20th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks a lot!!

Richie's
Sep 20th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Well, I just saw that QF's will be a 2 day rounds....

There aren't many... But the previous form was much more better... I mean the 1st round to be played on Tuesday.

We have: Linz, Osaka and Luxembourg in INTL.

Chris 84
Sep 20th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Well, I just saw that QF's will be a 2 day rounds....

There aren't many... But the previous form was much more better... I mean the 1st round to be played on Tuesday.

We have: Linz, Osaka and Luxembourg in INTL.

we had a poll a few weeks ago and people voted for the new format :p

Kylger
Sep 21st, 2010, 06:22 AM
we had a poll a few weeks ago and people voted for the new format :p
the format itself is great, but do Int. tournaments have a Saturday Final also? I hav e already forgotten.

Richie's
Sep 21st, 2010, 07:06 PM
We gonna have a 2 day QF also on this week's TT tournaments?

Meelis
Sep 22nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
the format itself is great, but do Int. tournaments have a Saturday Final also? I hav e already forgotten.

Some do, some don´t.

Kylger
Sep 22nd, 2010, 02:23 PM
Some do, some don´t.
yeah well in those tournaments, the qualifying still starts on Friday right?

In those TT's we have a one day QF's, because all the matches shall be played the same day?

Meelis
Sep 22nd, 2010, 02:53 PM
If real qualifying starts on Friday then we also have a Friday start. But most of the these tournaments don´t have a Friday start.

Sexysova
Oct 20th, 2010, 05:29 PM
if I got in for Doha doubles, I can play singles elsewhere in the same week as Doha, right? :)

Meelis
Oct 20th, 2010, 06:06 PM
if I got in for Doha doubles, I can play singles elsewhere in the same week as Doha, right? :)

Only one tournament per week is allowed so no.

Sexysova
Oct 20th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Only one tournament per week is allowed so no.

that sucks, it should be an exception for weeks of Bali and Doha :o

Michael!
Oct 20th, 2010, 08:32 PM
^^ ah, that rule is actually logical and you will survive it as there are only challengers to play from now on (except Doha and Bali) :p

Andiyan
Oct 20th, 2010, 08:56 PM
But Top 30 (apart from Doha players) can play CH from week #43, right? :)

Meelis
Oct 20th, 2010, 09:19 PM
yes

eDonkey
Oct 27th, 2010, 08:16 AM
is there any way to let unranked or very low ranked players to play in any tourney?

I mean...sometimes there's a really strong but small field /just like Tokyo till recently/ and not anyone can enter the qualifications draw.So there can be organized a mini-tourney for confirmed alternates to fight for a spot in the qualifications.Thus absolutely anyone can have a chance for entering a tourney.:scratch:

joe87
Oct 27th, 2010, 07:58 PM
There are ITF-tournaments with lots of free places every week. ;)

Rovegun
Oct 27th, 2010, 09:56 PM
how is a doubles match counted? how is it working? please can anyone tell me?

Andiyan
Oct 28th, 2010, 04:06 PM
how is a doubles match counted? how is it working? please can anyone tell me?

Exactly the same as singles. But its 2 people vs 2 people. Please read. It's stated in every first post of tournaments.

Sexysova
Nov 2nd, 2010, 04:47 PM
what is the point distribution for Doha and Bali?

Meelis
Nov 2nd, 2010, 05:17 PM
Doha

210 (3x70) points for participation
+
160 points for each round robin win
+
360 points for semifinal win
+
450 points for final win

Maximum 1500 points if undefeated.

----------------------------------

Bali

Winner 375 points
Finalist 255 points
3rd place 180 points
4th place 165 points
1st Round 75 points

Kylger
Nov 15th, 2010, 08:22 AM
In regards to rule changes for TT, when will those be discussed. After Doha ITF??