PDA

View Full Version : viewing profiles?

cheertennis12
Nov 5th, 2008, 11:53 PM
It's not letting me view other people's profiles when I click on them. anyone else having this problem?

cheertennis12, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

ArturoAce.
Nov 6th, 2008, 02:12 AM
I have it too..:)

Richard_from_Cal
Nov 6th, 2008, 02:22 AM
...when you try to get to your Public Profile page??

Richard_from_Cal, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
If everybody's account has been modified because of the United States election, I'd like not to whine...:embarrassed:

cheertennis12
Nov 6th, 2008, 02:35 AM
i'm getting it too.
i posted something about it in the "bugs" forum.

Richard_from_Cal
Nov 6th, 2008, 02:36 AM
:doh:...feel stupid now..

drake3781
Nov 6th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Yes I just got it when trying to get to another person's - whom I want to ask a question.

Natalicious
Nov 6th, 2008, 05:32 AM
me 2

drake3781
Nov 6th, 2008, 07:07 AM
me too

lympyisthebest
Nov 6th, 2008, 09:06 AM
It works for me.

BUBI
Nov 6th, 2008, 09:08 AM
No, but I got this when I tried to log off:

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3749/89782lj3.gif

Petkorazzi
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:22 AM
It works for me.
I can also, so it may be a problem for non-premium members. :shrug:

ce
Nov 6th, 2008, 02:23 PM
doesnt work for me

Jose.
Nov 6th, 2008, 02:59 PM
me too

TTomek
Nov 6th, 2008, 04:43 PM
: spit : doesn't work!!!!!!!! :(

:spit:

TTomek
Nov 6th, 2008, 04:44 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/misc.php?do=showsmilies

not only spit :(

truebluefan
Nov 6th, 2008, 06:20 PM
registered and non registered members cannot view profiles. It will be that way for a few days and it that way for a specific reason.

Sorry for the problems this may cause you now.

svetaisthebest
Nov 6th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I can also, so it may be a problem for non-premium members. :shrug:

yeah that could be true-it doesnt work for me either:shrug:

edit: okay thanks for that truebluefan :)

ViennaCalling
Nov 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Will there be layout-changes of the profiles? :p

Langers
Nov 7th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Yeh doesn't work for the good self.

Svetlana.
Nov 7th, 2008, 10:11 PM
registered and non registered members cannot view profiles. It will be that way for a few days and it that way for a specific reason.

Sorry for the problems this may cause you now.

and what is the reason?

Thanks!

drake3781
Nov 8th, 2008, 01:41 AM
and what is the reason?

Thanks!

Seems like a secret........ :lol: :tape:

hellas719
Nov 8th, 2008, 01:47 AM
i just came here to post a complaint about this. It is also happening on MTF.

RVD
Nov 8th, 2008, 09:51 PM
I'd sent a PM to Frode and Ryan about this, and was directed here by Ceze.
THANK YOU CEZE for the link.

Is this due to a s/w upgrade or a bug?

Barrie_Dude
Nov 9th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Well, that answers my question

Richard_from_Cal
Nov 9th, 2008, 06:52 PM
...on MensTennisForums they assure me they're "working on it." Golly :shrug: after all the projects I've let slide, hang, and go rot...I shouldn't complain...but isn't it peculiar that BOTH forums develop this same idiosyncrasy at the same time?

Kart
Nov 9th, 2008, 08:35 PM
This is not a bug or an upgrade.

It has been done intentionally.

I don't believe I'm allowed to explain the reasoning behind it at present (though really it's not all that interesting.)

If that changes, an explanation will be posted in here.

truebluefan
Nov 9th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Registered members can now view profiles.

An explanation is now needed.

I cannot get into who or why, but to simply say A few days ago I received reliable information that basketball forum was going to be spammed, blitzed massively and from there, the staff were going to branch out into the network. That forum has a tennis forum.

One way they were going to use was IM. In many profiles our IM names were shown. So I disabled that for registered users, simply because a new poster would be registered poster!

The staff here were well prepared to deal with spammers that may have came to our board!

I have their url, in two different ways censored.

Anyway they called off the attack. I can't tell you why, but they had to.

Anyway, I apologize for the problems viewing profiles may have caused the registered user.

truebluefan
Nov 9th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I also apologize that I could not explain this earlier! I had to do many things all at once to all of the forums in the network, then come back an undue some of the things I put in place. Very time consuming.

Ciarán
Nov 9th, 2008, 11:29 PM
works for me

Slutiana
Nov 9th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Sounds like a war battleplan. :rolls:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 10th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the info truebluefan! :bounce: Nobody messes with Tennis Forum :armed::lol:

Richard_from_Cal
Nov 10th, 2008, 01:51 AM
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you." - variously: Kurt Cobain, bumper sticker (unattributed,) Catch-22 - Joseph Heller...

link to quote history (http://forum.quoteland.com/1/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=586192041&f=099191541&m=1781079851)

drake3781
Nov 10th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Registered members can now view profiles.

An explanation is now needed.

I cannot get into who or why, but to simply say A few days ago I received reliable information that basketball forum was going to be spammed, blitzed massively and from there, the staff were going to branch out into the network. That forum has a tennis forum.

One way they were going to use was IM. In many profiles our IM names were shown. So I disabled that for registered users, simply because a new poster would be registered poster!

The staff here were well prepared to deal with spammers that may have came to our board!

I have their url, in two different ways censored.

Anyway they called off the attack. I can't tell you why, but they had to.

Anyway, I apologize for the problems viewing profiles may have caused the registered user.

I also apologize that I could not explain this earlier! I had to do many things all at once to all of the forums in the network, then come back an undue some of the things I put in place. Very time consuming.

:speakles: