PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 recruiting - "speculation only"

gouci
Nov 4th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Kristie Ahn
Plans on attending college for all four years, regardless of her professional results. May have already been offered scholarships by Stanford and Princeton. She takes classes at home and limits her tournament schedule to roughly one event per month.

“Everybody says that college is the best four years of your life and I really want to experience that,” said Ahn. “Even if the level of play in college isn’t that strong, I can still play pro events during the summer.”

Hitting The Books Or The Courts: Top American Players Weigh In (http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/archives/2028)

gouci
Jan 19th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Kaitlyn Christian - blue chip

I think there's a very good chance she signs at USC if the trojans will have her. Christian has friends on both the USC men's and women's tennis teams. On the women's side includes her former Southern California Fed Cup teammates Alison Ramos and Danielle Lao.

gouci
Mar 19th, 2009, 10:29 PM
UC Irvine

Marivick (Valdeavilla) Mamiit - 5 star

Medium chance - I think she'll list UCI as a school of high interest. Wonder if she's related to Cecil Mamiit who as a freshman won an NCAA men's singles title at USC?

gouci
Jun 7th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Kaitlyn Christian - blue chip

I think there's a very good chance she signs at USC if the trojans will have her. Christian has friends on both the USC men's and women's tennis teams. On the women's side includes her former Southern California Fed Cup teammates Alison Ramos and Danielle Lao.
Kaitlyn Christian was the 2nd player, behind Danielle Lao, that I listed on the 2010-2011 recruiting classes roster months ago. Christian could often be seen sporting USC attire even a year ago. :lol:
But now I can remove the parenthesis thanks to Tennisace who has confirmed the info.

USC is losing just 1 senior to graduation and has a #1 singles caliber player in Velasco coming in. Niculescu may still end up getting kicked off the team. But USC looks primed to contend for the NCAA title the next 2 seasons.

gouci
Aug 27th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Syracuse staf goes on there using coach functions and marks up kids he would be interested in. Maybe his way of letting them know but deceiving.

Did same a year ago to a few and later they came down one after another. Coach can indicate an offer or interest also... even if the kids are not really interested; then the kids have to take that off. Kaitlyn clearly does not go on the site often. She is confirmed as a USC commit and has been since last fall.

Not sure why Arianna Colfer has not made Pepp her firm announcement (though I am told it is on her facebook page). She dropped UCI but left USC as a high option this week... yet USC has not money left for next year if Christian takes the open.

I think he meant definitely... not defiantely
Thanks form for the info about the coach functions. I made an inquiry regarding a few coaches advertising their colleges on neglected player profiles at TRN. I even used Kaitlyn Christian as an example. They must not be aware of this at TRN because my source there just replied saying college coaches have the ability to maintain their team rosters which includes their current recruiting class. In addition NCAA rules prohibit this for players who have not signed an NLI. But I still suspected a few coaches have found a way to manipulate the profiles.

I also learned from my source that TRN will be launching a website redesign with a host of changes later this year.

If Lao is taking Niculescu's place for 2009-10 than Lao's original slot for 2010-11 is vacant. My guess is that it's still up for grabs for Colffer, Isip potentially as a transfer or the best player available.

tennisbuddy12
Aug 27th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I talked with Catherine and she wont be going to USC if she transfers. Supposedly, I heard that the coach doesnt like her game. I dont know. Cat is a great girl and player and to be told that puts more perspective on how some schools pick certain players.

gouci
Aug 27th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Isip reportedly has been given open ended offer to go to St Marys for a year and then transfer if she desires.
Hey Form here's a question for you.

If a recruit couldn't get accepted into College A out of high school but attends College B for 1 year, would it be easier for that recruit to transfer from College B into College A? When colleges accept transfers do they only look at college classes and grades or do they still have requirements going back to the transfer's high school transcripts? :confused:

Tennisace
Aug 27th, 2009, 09:56 PM
With Ahn likely headed to Stanford (she said in an interview that she would be likely heading to Stanford), that leaves no scholarships as Burdette is the only graduating senior.

But Mary Clayton, the younger sister of Courtney and Alex, could also be heading to Stanford. And given the high quality of high school senior players, I can't help think that a few current Stanford scholarship players might lose them (Yen and Hansen).

gouci
Aug 28th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Form thanks for answering my question. :worship:

That was such a good explanation I reposted it on the NCAA rules thread.

St. Mary's must be touting the 2009 Forbes.com best college rankings below to their recruits. :lol:

73. UC Berkeley
136. St. Mary's

306. UC Davis
394. Sacramento St.
419. Pacific

gouci
Sep 5th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Jordaan Sanford & Britney Sanders - blue chips

I speculate either Jordan Sanford or Britney Sanders has a medium chance of ending up at USC if the trojans will have one of them. In this scenario the other one not going to USC may list an interest in UC Irvine with a low chance of signing.

gouci
Sep 7th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Haley Dixon - 5 star

I speculate Haley has a medium chance of going to St. Mary's. The Gaels have recruited from the Temecula area the last couple years in sisters Caitlyn and Molly Aloia.

gouci
Sep 7th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Nikki Sanders - 5 star

I speculate Nikki has a medium chance of going to the Naval Academy.

gouci
Sep 7th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Naval Academy = Navy.

Read this post made on the same week as Pinterova going to Hawaii. Did you take a vacation that week?

Navy adds tennis (http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=16012056&postcount=8)

gouci
Sep 9th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Xan Riley - USA

Xan Riley lives around the Philadelphia area so I speculate she will have a medium chance of playing tennis for the local team Penn.

gouci
Sep 10th, 2009, 12:48 AM
form why are you so sensitive about Nikki Sanders? Is Long Beach St. recruiting her?

tennisfiend
Sep 10th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Form or Gouci:

Is it possible to send either one of a you a private message or am I able to email either one of you?

On a separate note, as of a few weeks ago, Nikki wasn't considering The Naval Academy. Her sister's first choice was Notre Dame.

gouci
Sep 10th, 2009, 05:23 PM
tennisfiend thanks for that info about the Sanders sisters! :worship:

I hope you continue to act more like a friend rather than a fiend. :lol:

gouci
Sep 10th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Hey form since tennisfiend was kind enough to share about Britney Sanders why don't you answer an earlier post by tennisfiend to show our gratitude.

I am new to this forum and to the college recruiting process. I was hoping someone could shed some light on the following: In the past few weeks, at least three girls from the 2010 class, Julia Courter, Charlotte Calhoun, and Haley Fournier, have given verbal commitments.Is this common for girls to commit so soon? Is this becoming a trend? Since they are juniors, I am assuming they visited the schools at their expense? Do tennis coaches prefer to get early commitments? In an earlier post, it was mentioned one of the players (Haley Fournier) was going to play two sports. How is this possible when tennis is in the Fall and Spring? Thanks.

I will respond with what I know.

1. Common for girls to commit soon? Last year by July 2008, when coaches can call recruits, I didn't recall any verbals publicly listed yet. However this year by July 2009 in comparison there were about a dozen verbals already listed on TRN. It looks like a recent trend.

2. Juniors visiting at their own expense? Official visits can be taken only the 1st day of school your senior year. So anything before that is unofficial and at the recruit's expense.

What I'd like to know is if a recruit gets an official visit is it safe to assume that came with an offer in most cases?

3. Do coaches prefer early commitments? Coaches may make several offers to several players and the 1st recruit to give a verbal wins the prize. So when a coach makes a recruit an offer they want them in that moment.

gouci
Sep 10th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Mia Lancaster - 5 star

Rumor has it Mia Lancaster has given a verbal to Oklahoma.

iamjustafan
Sep 12th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Reagrding the two-sport athlete discussed earlier. Why is there an assumption she is only playing tennis in the Spring? I was told this she is playing soccer in the Fall (August to October) but will also practice and play matches with the tennis team in the Fall as much as possible. I do know Texas Tech had three scholarships for 2010. The coach must have thought she was worth the injury risk. If the girl is good enough to play soccer and tennis and maintain academics, I say good for her.

gouci
Sep 15th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Brooke Bolender - blue chip

Rumor has it Brooke Bolender is going to Michigan.

gouci
Sep 17th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Lilly Kimbell - blue chip

Rumor has it Lilly Kimbell is looking at Illinois.

Tennisace
Sep 17th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Kimbell is indeed looking at Illinois. Other schools also in the running for Kimbell are Florida State, Texas, Georgia, and North Carolina.

johnnytennis
Sep 18th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Tennisace, I like your comments but your the little closing at the end of every post is getting a little old. Try something new!

"Please, we are NOT tennis players, we are STARS!

Anna Kournikova, on being a tennis player"

gouci
Sep 22nd, 2009, 01:55 PM
Courtney Griffith - 5 star

Rumor has it Griffith is looking at Kentucky, Alabama, Ohio St. and Miami of Ohio.

Tennisace
Sep 22nd, 2009, 10:06 PM
Tennisace, I like your comments but your the little closing at the end of every post is getting a little old. Try something new!

"Please, we are NOT tennis players, we are STARS!

Anna Kournikova, on being a tennis player"

I have forgotten about that (it's actually my signature) but I have turned off all signatures on the board so I don't see anyone's. I guess I'll remove it seeing how she's not even a tennis player anymore.

But back on topic, I am very surprised by the lack of verbals. I feel like at this point last year practically all blue chips were committed in some form or another. I wonder why this year is so different, anyone have thoughts?

It's especially odd because I think this year's class is extremely talented which is not good for Stanford and Cal as they only have one scholarship available unless current scholarships are revoked.

johnnytennis
Sep 22nd, 2009, 11:37 PM
I don't know if I have ever seen more transfers then there are this year. It would be interesting to see why there are so many. It must be either problems academically, not getting along with the coach or teammates, not happy where they are playing in the lineup or they just don't like the school. You wonder how much research they did or what kind of visit they make before they commit in the first place. With all the articles written on tennisrecruiting on making sure you do your homework before committing to a college, it would be nice if they did an article on why there are so many tennis players transferring. That to me would be a more interesting article.

johnnytennis
Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:10 PM
Form, I agree completely on what you said. The new rule I thought was already in place until I saw a few of these players get accolades from their former team on the great year they just had which was in June and find them on someone else's roster in September. I know they are just college athletes but I think it hurts the programs outside of the top 20. Now I see why some of these top teams had such lean rosters going into August/September, they were expecting to pick up some top players transferring from other colleges.

gouci
Sep 23rd, 2009, 08:17 PM
But back on topic, I am very surprised by the lack of verbals. I feel like at this point last year practically all blue chips were committed in some form or another. I wonder why this year is so different, anyone have thoughts? This date last year about 15 top 100 recruits had made verbals. Today about 25+ top 100 recruits have made verbals. So in reality this year is further along than last year was at this same time.

gouci
Sep 24th, 2009, 06:53 PM
**This post had to be deleted due to Copyright laws.**

gouci
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Caryssa Peretz - 5 star

Rumor has it Caryssa Peretz is strongly considering Virginia, Michigan and Tulane.

gouci
Oct 6th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Michelle Kedzierski - 5 star

Rumor has it Michelle Kedzierski is strongly considering Boston, Boston College, DePaul and Illinois.

gouci
Oct 8th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Kim Szokol - 5 star

Rumor has it Kim Szokol has given a verbal to Yale.

gouci
Oct 9th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Brynn Boren - 5 star

Rumor has it Brynn Boren has interest in Texas A&M and Ohio St.

tennisbuddy12
Oct 10th, 2009, 03:47 AM
Connie Hsu is taking visits at Baylor and UPenn...

gouci
Oct 13th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Michelle Kedzierski - 5 star

Rumor has it Michelle Kedzierski is leaning towards Illinois.

gouci
Oct 15th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Britney Sanders - 5 star

Rumor has it Britney Sanders may go to Notre Dame or Wake Forest.

gouci
Oct 23rd, 2009, 11:16 PM
Rachel Stuhlmann - 4 star

Rumor has it Rachel Stuhlmann is headed to Missouri after considering Colorado and LSU.

tennisbuddy12
Oct 24th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I believe Oliva Janowicz committed to Florida and Beatrice Capra is taking a year off for sure and may go to Florida for the 2011-2012 year

Tennisace
Oct 24th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I believe Oliva Janowicz committed to Florida and Beatrice Capra is taking a year off for sure and may go to Florida for the 2011-2012 year

That's interesting for two reasons. One, a month ago Capra seemed to only be looking at Duke. And two, if both were to go to Florida (and not taking into account any transfers) that would complete Florida's recruiting for this year AND next. Of course this assumes that Janowicz would be on scholarship.

Florida only has two scholarship spots this year (Revzina and Boonstra) and no juniors on the team.

gouci
Oct 25th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Form since your posting again here's a FYI:
With only 1 scholarship open between Cal/Stanford/USC/UCLA for 2010-11 I'm starting to speculate who UCI may be targeting for 2010-11. :bounce:

Form Hint:
This recruiting candidate comes from San Diego. :tape:

gouci
Nov 4th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Kimberly Anicete - 5 star

Rumor has it Kim Anicete is deciding between Rice and Texas Tech.

gouci
Nov 8th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Lilly Kimbell - blue chip

Rumor has it Lilly Kimbell is heading to Georgia.

gouci
Nov 25th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Julia Blakeley - 4 star

I speculate Julia Blakeley has a medium chance of going to UCSB.

gouci
Nov 29th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Victoria Wing - 4 star

I speculate Victoria Wing has a medium chance of going to UC Davis.

gouci
Dec 20th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Jordaan Sanford - 5 star

Rumor has it Jordaan Sanford took a visit to St. Mary's.

fantic
Dec 22nd, 2009, 07:11 AM
Hello, as a fellow NCAA women tennis fan a few comments;

yes USC has a bright future, but I think Flordia..is building a dynasty. I saw Embree and Will play at Riviera..the addition of them makes Florida an instant contender for NCAA champ this season. And, Cercone Janowitz, moreover if Capra also goes there...game OVER. I dunno, maybe California will recruit some other foreign players, but I don't see strong competition against the current and future Gators..also to look out is Stanford, Mallory Burdette wreak havoc at the NW Regional, and Ahn is going, so..

fantic
Dec 22nd, 2009, 07:37 AM
also want to congratulate UCI for a good result at WAATC and SW Regional. Hammel at the former, and Bisharat at the latter really did well. And the UCI doubles team was a finalist at SW R. And is Joanna Smith going to UCI as well? She with her little sis Alyssa is a superb doubles team..but I doubt Alyssa will go there as well, she's just on a roll this fall and had a solid performance against Hardebeck at CIF SS. individual semi final. And UC Davis having Heneghan, Koehly, Chui isn't bad either..

gouci
Dec 28th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Alexandra Anghelescu - blue chip

I speculate Alexandra Anghelescu has a medium chance of staying in-state and going to Georgia.

gouci
Jan 8th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Jessica-Marie Agra - Phillippines

International rumor has it Jessica-Marie Agra of Philippines will join Santa Clara for Spring 2010. She had an ITF ranking high of #288.

This is the first fruit from my new venture into international rumors. :lol:

tennisbuddy12
Jan 10th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I can speculate that 4-star Katherine Oudin will be going to Wake Forest.

gouci
Feb 23rd, 2010, 04:19 PM
Nikki Sanders - 4 star

Rumor has it Nikki Sanders has given a verbal to Texas Tech.

gouci
Mar 2nd, 2010, 04:31 PM
gouci, do you know what this (http://twitter.com/txcollege10s/statuses/9854281230) is about?
1. Well since it is being followed by "texas college tennis" then it is probably about a USA recruit out of the state of Texas.

2. Oklahoma St. has 1 opening for 2010-11 so the recruit is likely from the 2009 or 2010 HS graduating class.

3. My guess would be someone like Hilary Toole or Nataly Yoo both out of Houston, Texas.

tennisbuddy12
Mar 2nd, 2010, 05:34 PM
1. Well since it is being followed by "texas college tennis" then it is probably about a USA recruit out of the state of Texas.

2. Oklahoma St. has 1 opening for 2010-11 so the recruit is likely from the 2009 or 2010 HS graduating class.

3. My guess would be someone like Hilary Toole or Nataly Yoo both out of Houston, Texas.

She isnt from Texas :) ;)

gouci
Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:43 PM
Julia Courter - 5 star

Rumor has it Julia Courter has given a verbal to Oklahoma State.

tennisbuddy12
Mar 3rd, 2010, 11:50 PM
Julia Courter - 5 star

Rumor has it Julia Courter has given a verbal to Oklahoma State.

:tape: ;)

gouci
Mar 18th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Natchanok Saenyaukhot - Thailand

International rumor has it Natchanok Saenyaukhot of Thailand has a high interest in Washington. She had an ITF ranking high of #52.

gouci
Mar 20th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Kichenok twins - Ukraine

International rumor has it both the Kichenok sisters have an interest in Wichita State. Lyudmyla Kichenok had a WTA ranking high of #355 while Nadiya Kichenok had a high of #583.

tennisbuddy12
Mar 20th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Kichenok twins - Ukraine

International rumor has it both the Kichenok sisters have an interest in Wichita State. Lyudmyla Kichenok had a WTA ranking high of #355 while Nadiya Kichenok had a high of #583.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

fantic
Mar 20th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Oh yeah? As a fan of them after watching Rancho Mirage challenger, if they decide to compete at the NCAA, couldn't be better :worship:

I should find out about Wichita St. visor.. :lol:

If they compete, they'll have no problem winning the doubles, all of them, Riviera, Intercollegiate, NCAA..methink :)

Embittered
Mar 20th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Was yesterday the Ukrainian equivalent of April Fools' Day or something?:devil:

gouci
Mar 24th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Kiersten Meehan - 4 star

Rumor has it Kiersten Meehan has given a verbal to UC Santa Barbara.

gouci
Apr 1st, 2010, 09:48 AM
Tara Moore - Great Britain

International rumor has it Tara Moore of Great Britain has an interest in Wichita State. ;)
She had a WTA ranking high of #479.

Embittered
Apr 1st, 2010, 07:21 PM
Tara Moore - Great Britain

International rumor has it Tara Moore of Great Britain has an interest in Wichita State. ;)
She had a WTA ranking high of #479.
:ras:

...but I appreciate your staying up late so as to be valid in both time zones.:devil:

gouci
May 18th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Andrea Blazevic - Croatia

International rumor has it Andrea Blazevic of Croatia has a high interest in Oregon. She had an ITF ranking high of #262.

10sE
May 19th, 2010, 03:15 PM
There is nearly no way that those twins end up at Wichita State. Maybe pre-internet if they didn't know any better, but if you know about this then plenty of college coaches do too, and having the option to go almost any school in the country I doubt that they end up in the middle of nowhere!

mboyle
May 19th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Kichenok twins - Ukraine

Do they have a corn fetish or something?

fantic
May 19th, 2010, 07:43 PM
:haha:

Now, now, they were recently on the Fed Cup team. Who knows, they might just turn pro.

gouci
May 26th, 2010, 08:05 PM
It's not on tennisrecruit, but a high quality 5-star, who should be a blue chip and has committed to an ACC school..

and it's a shocker considering the school/player and what she was looking at.
Jordaan Stanford - 5 star

My guess is Jordaan Sanford is headed to Maryland.

mboyle
May 27th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Jordaan Stanford - 5 star

My guess is Jordaan Sanford is headed to Maryland.

Well that would be a shocker. Maryland could use some top quality players.

10sE
May 28th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Rumor has it that Valeria Solovieva (871 WTA, 18 ITF) is considering Wichita State.

Embittered
May 30th, 2010, 10:10 AM
probably a friend of UF and Belgian player Caroline Hitimana. I think the potential player is Mestach.
That would be too big a deal, surely? Plus she's a bit young. Taking a quick peek at Belgians in the WTA rankings, the girls of the right age would be Hendler (certainly a big deal, considering what was expected of her, not as Belgian as Sofie, though) and Oyen (not such a shocker, did play doubles with Hitimana in an ITF once).

fantic
May 30th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Embittered your sig :haha: :worship:

Hendler? I just saw her at Carson :lol:

Kevin.
May 30th, 2010, 07:19 PM
hendler is a pro now i think.

tennisbuddy12
May 31st, 2010, 02:34 AM
Marianne Jodoin - Canada

International rumor has it Marianne Jodoin of Canada is looking at Fresno State.
She had a ITF ranking of 72, a WTA singles rank of 1093 and doubles rank of 498. :)

tennisbuddy12
Jun 5th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Kayla Rizzolo

Kayla Rizzolo has a high interest in Miami. She had an WTA singles ranking high of #937, doubles #740 and ITF #565

fantic
Jun 5th, 2010, 10:18 AM
nobody's looking at Cal? :lol:

gouci
Jun 17th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Tamaryn Hendler - Belgium

In the last 9 months Tamaryn Hendler's WTA singles ranking has dropped 170 spots from 279 to 449. Her WTA doubles ranking has dropped 266 spots from 287 to 553. I wouldn't be surprised if Hendler looks to play college tennis for the 2010-11 season. She was training in Florida at the Bollettieri Acadamey.

form
Jun 17th, 2010, 04:54 PM
nobody's looking at Cal? :lol:

Yes they are. Cal never publicizes which "Golden Girls" they are recruiting until they have them completely cleared by NCAA.... likely for fear other Pac schools would turn them into to NCAA. Maybe Betty White still has some eligibility too?

You can't spell ch'EATERS without UCI 'EATERS

tennisbuddy12
Jun 18th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Connie Hsu

Rumor has it that Connie Hsu will attend UPenn. She had a WTA singles ranking of #428 and doubles ranking of #606.

tucker1989
Jun 18th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Connie Hsu

Rumor has it that Connie Hsu will attend UPenn. She had a WTA singles ranking of #428 and doubles ranking of #606.

For real? :bounce:

gouci
Jul 1st, 2010, 12:19 AM
Morgan Mcintosh - 4 star

Rumor has it Morgan Mcintosh will play for Cal St. Fullerton.

With Mcintosh looks like CSF keeps the edge over UC Riverside for another date with Long Beach St. in the 1st round of the 2011 Big West Tournament.

fantic
Jul 1st, 2010, 05:09 AM
oh, if I remember correctly Mcintosh wasn't bad..I think it was Anaheim tourney or something (similar date as SouthWest NCAA tourney)

as always, thx for the info ;)

gouci
Jul 13th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Amber Walker - 4 star

Rumor has it Amber Walker has a high interest in Cal. St. Northridge.

Most likely one of the 2 players coming to CSUN the head coach talks about.

gouci
Jul 20th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Wichita St. lists only 2 scholarship players on their roster with room to add 6 more. With all these openings I decided to make 1 post for the possible future Wichita St. players.

Wichita State

International rumor has it the following players below have a high interest in Wichita St.

Tereza Bekerova - Czech Republic
Bekerova had a WTA ranking high of 941.

Kerrie Cartwright - Bahamas
Cartwright had an ITF ranking high of 97.

Gaia Sanesi - Italy
Sanesi had an ITF ranking high of 99.

Dejana Raickovic - Germany
Raickovic had an ITF ranking high of 255.

Embittered
Aug 7th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Anyone care to guess where Curtis and/or Seaborne are heading?

For Jade, here's a link found by paul_masterton:http://www.mctagroup.com/latest-news/36-mcta-group-news/449-mcta-teambath-news-update
Jade Curtis decided to quit tour tennis for the moment and hone her skills at an American college.

Seaborne:
http://www.facebook.com/acetennismag/posts/107966295923162
Well done to Jo Garvey, Heather Robinson and Ruth Seabourne[sic], mentored by the brilliant @sarahborwell, on getting scholarships to US college in September!
Ruth Seaborne was finalist in the 16s section of last year's junior nationals. Results are a bit inconsistent, but perhaps 5-star-ish. She's a year below the normal school leaving age. Given her connections, I'd thought she might be intending to go to Houston, but with Pozzan transferring in, they already look more than full at the moment.

I suppose it might be that Curtis is going NAIA or Seaborne (I haven't a clue how her academics stand up) NJCAA.

form
Aug 7th, 2010, 06:05 PM
:bs:If the NCAA makes a gril sit 36 matches (1 1/2 years) over $230 from a club team in expense money as a high schooler... HOW COULD JADE CURTIS EVER BE ELIGIBLE?

Then again, G Niculescu had to sit ONLY 10 matches up at Idaho for the $7,000 in illegally made overseas phone calls that cost USC two years of wins and a NCAA probation for four more years.

So nothing makes sense.

Curtis does not appear to have played any matches since her 20th bday so if her schooling was completed by May 2009... she could be immediately eligible under the stupid NCAA rules where claiming expenses for the Ritz Carlton and pro coaches gettting 20% of your earnings are considered legit expenses.

Curtis has Cal (though she might be a tad young at 20 :bs: ) or maybe an ACC school short players written all over her....

Name: Jade Curtis
Birth date: 2nd of May 1990
Current WTA Ranking: 495
Highest WTA Ranking: 325
Prize money: $ 46 785
Total WTA PRO matches: 139 (56 - 83)

You can't spell ch'EATERS without UCI 'EATERS

gouci
Aug 7th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Jade Curtis - Great Britain

International rumor has it Jade Curtis has an interest in Texas A&M. She would have to sit out 2010-11 and then have 2 years of eligibility left according to rumor.

gouci
Aug 7th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Ruth Seaborne - Great Britain

International rumor has it Ruth Seaborne has a high interest in Florida State. She had an ITF ranking high of 253.

gouci
Oct 17th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Lucia Kovarcikova - Switzerland

International rumor has it Lucia Kovarcikova has a high interest in Minnesota. She had an ITF ranking high of 152.

paul_masterton
Jul 1st, 2011, 03:34 PM
Can anyone explain to me how Jade C met the NAIA eligibility requirements (and Vesenlovic too)? I'm chuffed she did, and I know Sarah Borwell had a nightmare trying to get her in somewhere, but I just don't understand how they magaed it?

They would both have received expense reimbursement beyond actual expenditure (playing ITF tournaments with hospitality, and per diem payments at WTA events), receiving remuneration to promote a product (clothing, racket sponsorship etc...), and they received prize money based on their performance in professional tennis competitions?

10sE
Jul 1st, 2011, 04:22 PM
NAIA is a free for all. I don't know that they have ANY age or amateurism limits.