PDA

View Full Version : Can "Russian Roulette" and "Serbian Sensations" forums be moved up close to top???

Cp6uja
Oct 28th, 2008, 11:56 PM
When this WTAWorld (TennisForum) site started in begining of this century it's most logical choice to put USA players forum on top (sisters, Davenport, Capriati, Seles...) and Belgium (Justine and Kim), followed with upcoming Russian WTA "army" (Kournikova, Dementieva, Myskina...) and French Players forum (Mauresmo, Pierce...).

But couple years late, especially after shocking retirement of both Belgians and big improvment of two Serbian stars (when WTAW started Serbs have only Jelena Dokic of elite players) we have simple new order, new reality in WTA since this 2008 season:

All Grand Slam champions and even all 2008 GS finalists (14 of 16 semifinalists) is only Players from USA, RUSSIA and SERBIA, which also reach all seasons tier-I titles, OG medals, Hopman and FED CUP titles and all 8 players which will play at YEC will be from this three countries. So no need to explain why in current moment "WTA BIG THREE" now and in near future means USA, RUS & SRB.

So my suggestion to admins/mods of this forum is to put "Russian Roulette" and "Serbian Sensations" forums up to top (together with "Team USA" forum). Tennis stars like sisters, both Serbs, Sharapova, Dementieva... is real international tennis stars with many fans around world, so reason for this change is practical (and common sense). This forum even change name this season (TennisForum instead WTAWorld), so why not to accept new order in womans tennis in "PLAYER FORUMS" part and instead so far USA-BEL-RUS-FRA-... (from TOP to bottom) order which perfectly shows what we see in WTA between 2001-2007 - to be changed in now way more logical USA-RUS-SRB...?

iPatty
Oct 29th, 2008, 12:03 AM
I don't think anyone but you cares what order the forums are in.

Cp6uja
Oct 29th, 2008, 12:07 AM
I don't think anyone but you cares what order the forums are in.So that means nobody will complain if order been more logical (in terms of WTA new reality)?

Thanks.

iPatty
Oct 29th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Exactly, no one cares where the forums are. I think they should put the Czechmate forum first, followed by Swiss Tennis and then Russian Roulette. Seems logical to me. I mean the extra 0.4 seconds it is taking you to scroll from the beginning of the player forums to where the Serbia forum is must just be eating away at you.

Lunaris
Oct 29th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Move challengers up a bit too. And GM should be at the bottom as it contains most of the mess and we don't want to discourage new posters from visiting this website.

Cp6uja
Oct 30th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I'm still waiting any answer about my initiative about resheduling players forum from:

Team USA
The Belgian Babes Band
Russian Roulette
The French Connection
Chicas Latinas
Swiss Tennis
The Asian Assault
The Spanish Armada
Tennis Australia & New Zealand
Serbian Sensations
Italian Renaissance
Czechmate!
Rest Of World

to:
Team USA
Russian Roulette
Serbian Sensations
The French Connection
The Belgian Babes Band
Chicas Latinas
Swiss Tennis
The Asian Assault
The Spanish Armada
Tennis Australia & New Zealand
Italian Renaissance
Czechmate!
Rest Of World

I don't think anybody will really complain here about this litle corrections and that will be helpful for members and guests to find easily what they needs (and no doubt that latest updates about American, Russian and Serbian WTA stars is right now priority).

BTW i always want to ask why no other player forums like "The Asian Assault" or "Chicas Latinas" (whole regions instead single countries)??? So why together with separate forums of countries which currently dominate in womans tennis (USA, RUS, SRB, FRA) not create more "regional" forums like for example:

- Slavic Power (CZE, POL, SVK, UKR, BLR, CRO, BUL, SLO...)
- Europian Center Court (GER, SUI, AUT, HUN, ROU, EST...)
- Meditarian Girls (ITA, ESP, POR, GRE...)
- Best of West from rest (BEL, GBR, NED, DEN, SWE, FIN...)

This new "regional" forums is only my suggestions for admins/mods to thinking about that, but my initial OP suggestion about "Russian Roulette" and "Serbian Sensations" new position is enough natural and logical that we actually dont need to many discussions about that. If for example Henin and Clijsters subforums moved from "Belginan Band Babes" to Retired Players forum i dont see actually reasons why Belgians still have separate forum, especially why their forum is still ahead "Russian Roulete" and "Serbian Sensation" like Justine and Kim is still there (and active)???

Dodoboy.
Oct 30th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Does it really matter that much?

I think Challenger Tournaments should be moven up but Player Forums :shrug:

James
Oct 30th, 2008, 01:23 PM
We understand your point, yet see no reason to change the order. The order of player forums does not reflect the importance of that forum. We have not received complaints before about the order. People seem to find their way.

Cp6uja
Oct 30th, 2008, 01:43 PM
We understand your point, yet see no reason to change the order. The order of player forums does not reflect the importance of that forum. We have not received complaints before about the order. People seem to find their way.
I think your answer will be more correct with this litle corrections ;):

The order of player forums does not ANYMORE reflect the importance of that forum, BECAUSE THIS ORDER REFLECT 2003 "IMPORTANCE".

We have not received complaints before THIS SEASON about the order, BECAUSE BELGIANS STARS IS STILL ACTIVE AND SERBIANS IS JUST UPCOMING.

James
Oct 30th, 2008, 01:47 PM
You can edit my answer any way you like. The answer remains the same.

OZTENNIS
Nov 1st, 2008, 09:28 AM
LMFAO

Your so called 'suggestion' is pointless.

Why bother changing the forums? Serbian tennis is just following in the footsteps of Belgian tennis. Once Jankovic and Ivanovic retire, Serbian tennis will struggle like Belgian tennis is now.

It makes absolutely no difference which way the forums are organised

Just Do It
Nov 1st, 2008, 12:21 PM
Beklgium and Swiss forums should be removed from the main page though.

ArturoAce.
Nov 2nd, 2008, 05:47 PM
no point....

but i do agree on the challenger forum moving up...next to the current tournaments...
it feels like they're not even part of tennis because they're so low on the page and everybody forgets about it

hellas719
Nov 13th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I think that it is a good idea, but it really doesn't matter much. I like it better when the forums are mixed up. I they are in order from 'best' to 'worst', it wouldn't be fair, because many people would complain about one country being better than the other. I see your point, but it really doesn't matter. Does it really matter about scrolling down on the page? You only waste like 1 second. Also, about the regional forums, I don't think that is a good idea, b/c then the forums will be too crowded. Some forums are already crowded enough.

In The Zone
Nov 24th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Can the challengers be moved up? I agree with others who have said this.

Golovinjured.
Nov 24th, 2008, 11:15 AM
The whole board probably needs a bit of a reshuffle.

1. Challengers should be moved up.
2. Belgian/Swiss tennis should probably be moved to Rest Of The World.
3. Things like "Tour News" and "Team TennisForum" need to be removed, or brought back to life.

It's fine as things are, but next time the site is updated these things probably should be looked at.

James
Nov 24th, 2008, 12:13 PM
The same applies to the challenger forum as to other forums. The place of the forum does not reflect the importance of the forum. As I recall a lot of people prefer the challenger forum far away from (the more chaotic) GM as well. It is a much more quiet forum than GM, with a very specific crowd. One also has to wonder whether there are problems for people reaching that forum. I am not aware of those.

SOA_MC
Nov 24th, 2008, 04:43 PM
The Boiled Egg ranking thread should be a sticky thread in GM, alot of people including me didn't even knew it existed till someone pointed it out

James
Nov 24th, 2008, 04:50 PM
The Boiled Egg ranking thread should be a sticky thread in GM, alot of people including me didn't even knew it existed till someone pointed it out

There is a sticky thread linking to the ranking thread in GM.

gumoll
Nov 24th, 2008, 05:37 PM
plus somehow it's only possible in challenger forum to post with HTML codes :p

James
Nov 24th, 2008, 05:38 PM
plus somehow it's only possible in challenger forum to post with HTML codes :p

Yes, that too. Thanks for adding it.

SOA_MC
Nov 24th, 2008, 05:48 PM
There is a sticky thread linking to the ranking thread in GM.

Yes but I as said alot people didn't know there was ranking thread till it's pointed by another poster. Not all people reads those closed announcement threads with no replies, just look at the people that don't read the site rules, then start threads in the bugs forum asking about the sites rules

James
Nov 24th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Yes but I as said alot people didn't know there was ranking thread till it's pointed by another poster. Not all people reads those closed announcement threads with no replies, just look at the people that don't read the site rules, then start threads in the bugs forum asking about the sites rules

That's why people even get an answer too, when they ask. But still, what more can we do than put up annoucements and links?

Slutati
Nov 24th, 2008, 08:43 PM
OMG Cp6uja is such a :weirdo:

Slutiana
Nov 24th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah GET A LIFE. Its just the most useless discussion ever. :weirdo: If I was a mod I would have locked this thread years ago.

Willam
Nov 25th, 2008, 05:00 PM
You can edit my answer any way you like. The answer remains the same.

:kiss:

Willam
Nov 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Yeah GET A LIFE. Its just the most useless discussion ever. :weirdo: If I was a mod I would have locked this thread years ago.

That shows, as i have stared before, how bad have the site being runned lately. (Exceptions like James of course)

Cp6uja
Nov 25th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Nobody can convince me that current USA, BEL, RUS, FRA... players forum "order" is just coincidently identical with all what we seen in Womans Tennis first 5 years of this forum (2003-2007) - so Mods statement "The place of the forum does not reflect the importance of the forum" have sense and integrity only if he add part "SINCE THIS YEAR"... but he didn't! I not say that "players forums" order should be some kind of flexibile WHO IS WHO IN WTA Standings/Rankings but once in 4-5 years when order in womans tennis is restored (for example every Olympics year) "players forum" should be reshuffle. When Henin and Clijsters forum removed from "Players Forum" to "Blast Of Past" what is sense to still put on top Belgians forum (2nd, ahead Russians or Serbians players, just behind USA) when only Belgian player with own subforum is out of TOP100 Flipkens??? Also why suggestion about more "regional" subforums like Chicas Latinas or The Asian Assault is not taken seriously. Many parts of Europe (for example Czech Republic, Slovakia and Poland) have more connections than China, Japan and India... if New Zeland is append to Australia, why not Portugal to Spain (Portugal nevar have TOP100 player, but De Brito is sure bet for future TOP10). Why not associate Germany and Austria, Ukrain and Belarus, "Vikings" (Denmark and Sweden), Romania and Bulgaria... for more players forums?

BTW initiative from march of 2007 to sticky at GM TBE ranking thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=289822) is also my :p :p :p (actually LINK, like compromisse solution b/c tehnical problems). That episode is one of best example of rightful and quickly mods reaction here (Link of "Rankings" thread was sticky in less than 24 hours after i open that thread) but like we see in this thread mods is not always that expeditive :devil: even if initiative is simple and logical like this (to move Russian Roulette ahead former world power Belgium, and put Serbians forum to TOP3 close to USA and Russians b/c new reality of Ivanovic and Jankovic new status in womans tennis).

Zamboni
Nov 25th, 2008, 07:08 PM
An answer has been given in this thread before, asking the same question again does not change the answer.

We discussed your question between moderators and admins, and we decided there is no point in changing the order of the forums. As James said, the order of the forums does not reflect the importance of the forums, and people seem to find their way anyway. Therefore we are not changing the order of the player forums.

Case closed, I'd think.

James
Nov 25th, 2008, 07:30 PM
"The place of the forum does not reflect the importance of the forum" have sense and integrity only if he add part "SINCE THIS YEAR"... but he didn't!

It would not be the first time you try and edit something I said to suit your purposes. The statement is as it is. Whatever thought was once given to the order of the forums is hardly relevant now, since it does not change things. The order of the forum does not reflect the importance of that forum. You may think otherwise, but we can't please everyone. What is simple and logical to you is not necessarily so for others. There really is not a huge problem with the forum order. People find their way. It was not that way with the rankings thread, so we added a sticky to rectify that.

Case certainly closed as Linda said.

gumoll
Nov 25th, 2008, 08:32 PM
just close this thread :o

Kart
Nov 25th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Nobody can convince me that current USA, BEL, RUS, FRA... players forum "order" is just coincidently identical with all what we seen in Womans Tennis first 5 years of this forum (2003-2007) - so Mods statement "The place of the forum does not reflect the importance of the forum" have sense and integrity only if he add part "SINCE THIS YEAR"... but he didn't! I not say that "players forums" order should be some kind of flexibile WHO IS WHO IN WTA Standings/Rankings but once in 4-5 years when order in womans tennis is restored (for example every Olympics year) "players forum" should be reshuffle. When Henin and Clijsters forum removed from "Players Forum" to "Blast Of Past" what is sense to still put on top Belgians forum (2nd, ahead Russians or Serbians players, just behind USA) when only Belgian player with own subforum is out of TOP100 Flipkens??? Also why suggestion about more "regional" subforums like Chicas Latinas or The Asian Assault is not taken seriously. Many parts of Europe (for example Czech Republic, Slovakia and Poland) have more connections than China, Japan and India... if New Zeland is append to Australia, why not Portugal to Spain (Portugal nevar have TOP100 player, but De Brito is sure bet for future TOP10). Why not associate Germany and Austria, Ukrain and Belarus, "Vikings" (Denmark and Sweden), Romania and Bulgaria... for more players forums?

BTW initiative from march of 2007 to sticky at GM TBE ranking thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=289822) is also my :p :p :p (actually LINK, like compromisse solution b/c tehnical problems). That episode is one of best example of rightful and quickly mods reaction here (Link of "Rankings" thread was sticky in less than 24 hours after i open that thread) but like we see in this thread mods is not always that expeditive :devil: even if initiative is simple and logical like this (to move Russian Roulette ahead former world power Belgium, and put Serbians forum to TOP3 close to USA and Russians b/c new reality of Ivanovic and Jankovic new status in womans tennis).
I've read this three times and it makes no sense to me.

Please explain.

Cp6uja
Nov 26th, 2008, 01:41 AM
I've read this three times and it makes no sense to me.

Please explain.I open this thread on october 29th and before yesterdays post my last post here is from october 30th. I give my suggestion forum administration to make some corrections in current players forum order and give my arguments. Despite fact that i not agree with theirs arguments why dont want to make this changes, for me this discussion is closed... but because thread is still active almost month after opened i just want to repeat and remind about reasons for my proposal. that is explanation of my yesterdays post.
It would not be the first time you try and edit something I said to suit your purposes. The statement is as it is. Whatever thought was once given to the order of the forums is hardly relevant now, since it does not change things. The order of the forum does not reflect the importance of that forum. You may think otherwise, but we can't please everyone. What is simple and logical to you is not necessarily so for others. There really is not a huge problem with the forum order. People find their way. It was not that way with the rankings thread, so we added a sticky to rectify that.

Case certainly closed as Linda said.OK... instead another ironic edit of most problematic part of your answer i will ask you this time directly b/c you maybe really not understand what i try to tell you with all that edit's:
Did you realy try to say that in opening years of this century when this forum started current players forums order is promoted fact that USA players with several active stars from that time (Venus, Serena, Seles, Capriati, Lindsay...) together have biggest fan basis dont have anything with USA players forum top position. That two most dominant players of that era (out of USA) is from Belgium dont have connections with 2nd place of Belgians forum. That Russians which have in that time probably worlds most popular player Anna Kournikova and couple already established players (Dementieva, Myskina) with several extremly talented juniors (Sharapova, Kuznetsova) just coincidently is on 3rd place. That France, only other country which is able to compare with this three (with Pierce and Mauresmo) from no reason is 4th... ??? BTW you complain about my joke edits of your answers, so i want to complain about your edit's of my questions - where i use term "IMPORTANCE"... it's all about PRACTICAL reasons. Simple right now WTA stars from just 3 countries (USA, Russia and Serbia) right now make together almost 90% of success, achivments, attention, popularity... so if we have right now 13 players forums it's practical to put this BIG-THREE on top (from same logic/practical reasons why when starts WTAWorld on TOP we have USA, Belgium, Russia and France). But if you or others from forum "administration" still realy think that no practical and "good sense" reasons to put forum about army of Russians WTA stars ahead Kirstin Flipkens personal Kimless/Jujuless Belgium forum, or forum with large Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic fan basis mowe from somewhere of bottom of 13 players forums to TOP (together with Americans and Russians)... OK... it's not end of the world. Discussion is closed. BTW I'm not surprised why many people not understand where is problem because before this season current USA-BEL-RUS-FRA order just perfectly suits with all what we see in this century in terms of players achivments, popularity and fan basis... but after retirement of biggest stars from Belgium and France, and new improvment of Russians and sensational breaktrough of two Serbian stars we simple have new WTA reality (no mater if forum mods like to live in past :p).

So i will repeat same thing here for the last time - i think that b/c practical reasons (more easy access in this case) current BIG-THREE countries which reach for example all 8 2008 GS finals or TOP8 YEC places, all tier-I titles or OG medals...etc... should be TOP3 in order of players forums after corrections. So i dont speak about more and less important players forums - simple some players forums is way too much currently (and in near future for sure) active than others so why ignore that.

Golovinjured.
Nov 26th, 2008, 02:11 AM
:rolls: I wish I had the time to write so much about something so insignificant.

LindsayRulz
Nov 26th, 2008, 04:37 AM
We should maybe change the descriptions of the players forum on the site's main page. Some retired players still have their name under their respective country forum while their forum has been moved in the blast from the past forum. It might be confusing for the new posters.

James
Nov 26th, 2008, 05:40 AM
I open this thread on october 29th and before yesterdays post my last post here is from october 30th. I give my suggestion forum administration to make some corrections in current players forum order and give my arguments. Despite fact that i not agree with theirs arguments why dont want to make this changes, for me this discussion is closed... but because thread is still active almost month after opened i just want to repeat and remind about reasons for my proposal. that is explanation of my yesterdays post.
OK... instead another ironic edit of most problematic part of your answer i will ask you this time directly b/c you maybe really not understand what i try to tell you with all that edit's:
Did you realy try to say that in opening years of this century when this forum started current players forums order is promoted fact that USA players with several active stars from that time (Venus, Serena, Seles, Capriati, Lindsay...) together have biggest fan basis dont have anything with USA players forum top position. That two most dominant players of that era (out of USA) is from Belgium dont have connections with 2nd place of Belgians forum. That Russians which have in that time probably worlds most popular player Anna Kournikova and couple already established players (Dementieva, Myskina) with several extremly talented juniors (Sharapova, Kuznetsova) just coincidently is on 3rd place. That France, only other country which is able to compare with this three (with Pierce and Mauresmo) from no reason is 4th... ??? BTW you complain about my joke edits of your answers, so i want to complain about your edit's of my questions - where i use term "IMPORTANCE"... it's all about PRACTICAL reasons. Simple right now WTA stars from just 3 countries (USA, Russia and Serbia) right now make together almost 90% of success, achivments, attention, popularity... so if we have right now 13 players forums it's practical to put this BIG-THREE on top (from same logic/practical reasons why when starts WTAWorld on TOP we have USA, Belgium, Russia and France). But if you or others from forum "administration" still realy think that no practical and "good sense" reasons to put forum about army of Russians WTA stars ahead Kirstin Flipkens personal Kimless/Jujuless Belgium forum, or forum with large Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic fan basis mowe from somewhere of bottom of 13 players forums to TOP (together with Americans and Russians)... OK... it's not end of the world. Discussion is closed. BTW I'm not surprised why many people not understand where is problem because before this season current USA-BEL-RUS-FRA order just perfectly suits with all what we see in this century in terms of players achivments, popularity and fan basis... but after retirement of biggest stars from Belgium and France, and new improvment of Russians and sensational breaktrough of two Serbian stars we simple have new WTA reality (no mater if forum mods like to live in past :p).

So i will repeat same thing here for the last time - i think that b/c practical reasons (more easy access in this case) current BIG-THREE countries which reach for example all 8 2008 GS finals or TOP8 YEC places, all tier-I titles or OG medals...etc... should be TOP3 in order of players forums after corrections. So i dont speak about more and less important players forums - simple some players forums is way too much currently (and in near future for sure) active than others so why ignore that.

That's a difficult way to say you don't agree, which I kind of gathered from your earlier posts. All I have said is that the order of the forums does not reflect the importance of those forums. Whatever thoughts there have been in the past on that subject (read this part carefully) are not relevant. There are no big problems with the forum order. That's it.

James
Nov 26th, 2008, 05:41 AM
We should maybe change the descriptions of the players forum on the site's main page. Some retired players still have their name under their respective country forum while their forum has been moved in the blast from the past forum. It might be confusing for the new posters.

You can put in a request to have those changed. It happened for the Australian forum as well recently.