PDA

View Full Version : The advertisements. Are they ticking?

Golovinjured.
Oct 27th, 2008, 12:59 AM
The ones along the top/down the side of the page? Are they ticking? The new "9,724,437,304th visitor to this site" ones. I'm sure it is them, because everytime I change webpages it stops. Has anyone else noticed it?

It's really annoying. I can't listen to my music without cicada-like clicking in the background. Can you guys find a new sponsor or something?

The Daviator
Oct 27th, 2008, 01:14 AM
It sounds like a frog to me :lol: They come from the Fiesta ads for me, which looks like some Zelda type game, I think it's meant to be some wildlife sound :tape:

When I heard it first time I was WTF :scared: :lol:

drake3781
Oct 27th, 2008, 01:33 AM
:lol:

Haven't heard them yet, but ads that make noise are no-go for me.

*JR*
Oct 27th, 2008, 01:36 AM
With any Mozilla browser (like Firefox or Sea Monkey) one can download Adblock (or Adblock Plus for Firefox 3) from http://www.mozdev.org, and block any ad one wants. (Even a whole domain serving them up like yieldmanager or doubleclick, as opposed to having to block them individually).

Natalicious
Dec 19th, 2008, 05:52 PM
please remove the noisy ads :sad:

i can understand that a site like wtaworld has ads, but please no noisy ones, they suck :sad:

Beat
Dec 20th, 2008, 02:33 PM
for me it's "shot online", some golf game. i finde this truly irritating and distracting. please don't do this!

Jose.
Dec 20th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I have adverts from here:
http://www.testedamorte.com/?
Everytime I pass the mouse to the add it laughs on me. :ras:
Stupid thing is annoying. :rolleyes:

rrfnpump
Dec 20th, 2008, 04:04 PM
for me it's "shot online", some golf game. i finde this truly irritating and distracting. please don't do this!

Yes, this ad is horrible and annoying. :mad:

Natalicious
Dec 20th, 2008, 04:10 PM
please remove them.
i almost got a heart-attack because of hearing that stupid noise :shout:

matthias
Dec 20th, 2008, 04:19 PM

the golf one is very annoying - i hate it!

CooCooCachoo
Dec 21st, 2008, 05:35 PM
The golf one drives me absolutely crazy :o If you have ads, OK, but don't use ridiculous sounds. Argh.

rrfnpump
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Can we finally do something about the annoying Golf "Shot Online" advertisement? I cannot stand the sound any longer and it makes me not wanting to visit TF. :o It only seems to be a problem for europeans, but please do something. :o

Beat
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:24 AM
could we have a statement from the powers that be? i think this is a major issue and i'm not willing to let go.
my computer is connected to my stereo, so i hear this golf-ad over the speakers. all the time. my colleagues at work always ask what terribly annoying sound this is. like the poster above me, i visit TF less and less because of it.
please please please allow only ads without sound. please.