PDA

View Full Version : Jelena In 2009?

Mashabator
Oct 25th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Does anyone think Jelena Dokic could win a WTA title in 2009?
How far does everyone think she can go if she gets to the main draw of the australian?
I can still remember jelena in 2006 playing against razzano and having match points, then a correction by the umpire, she ended up losing :sad:
Im hoping she will do better this time.

GO JELENA!!

DokDi
Oct 25th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I definitely think she can go far in some WTA-tournaments next year. If she plays well from the beginning, top 50 is a realistic goal.
If she goes to the 2nd round in Melbourne I'll be happy!:D Go Jele!

Mr.Kardashian
Oct 25th, 2008, 12:15 PM
dont remind me of that match. i was soo happy watching her win... then.... oh its depressing huh? well depends on the draw but i think she has the potential for a round 2 or 3 finish.... then a strong run at roland garros and wimbledon would be nice !

cn ireland
Oct 25th, 2008, 12:50 PM
My 1st hope is just that Jelena plays a full WTA schedule next year:)!

I wouldn't expect her to get past the 2nd round in Australia but an in-form Jelena could be a real threat at RG and especially Wimbledon:hearts:!

Hopefully she'll be top 50 by the end of 09:D!

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 25th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I still can't bring myself to watch past 6-3 6-5 of the Razzano match. Once was more than I could handle.

Привет
Oct 26th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Jelena firstly must get her ranking high enough to be able to gain entry into WTA maindraws and qualifying before anyone starts thinking about her winning WTA titles. That's just my viewpoint. I don't think it's healthy to start discussing this type of thing already. Leave that to your fantasies. :)

azza
Oct 26th, 2008, 06:15 AM
where she playing next?

Golovinjured.
Oct 26th, 2008, 07:26 AM
That match against Razzano is so depressing.

Hopes for 2009?

A full schedule, with mostly WTA events, but some $100/75K's won't hurt her.
Top 100 ranking by Roland Garros.
2nd Round at either Melbourne, Indian Wells or Roland Garros.
Good run at Wimbledon.

How cool would it be if she reached the quarters at Wimbledon again :hearts:

cn ireland
Oct 26th, 2008, 07:42 PM
where she playing next?

She's on the MD entry list for a 50K in Isamning in Germany starting 3rd Nov.

However it remains to be seen if she'll actually play there!

SM
Oct 29th, 2008, 06:41 AM
if she practices hard during the off season and can get some wins in the aussie wta circuit, this should boost her rank and confidence....if she manages that a wta title later in the year is not out of the question but, baby steps peoples