PDA

View Full Version : Permissable bias on this board

*JR*
Oct 25th, 2008, 03:36 AM
http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=360766

And B4 some Adminimod says "use report post", I did (twice, a few hours apart) and it wasn't even locked. Plus PM'd webmaster truebluefan about this, and did a week ago about ageism in a post, NOT to get it edited or deleted (or anyone "punished") but as an EXAMPLE of the double standard.

Imagine if this thread had been titled with shock that Seles was dating a black billionaire, not one 66 years old. So on behalf of everyone here 40 plus, I volunteer 2B the first one euthanized "for all of our good". :rolleyes: (That's if this thread is even seen, with all the fucking stickies atop this forum).

drake3781
Oct 25th, 2008, 04:35 AM
I had the same initial thought, and almost posted it, but then realized that he is A LOT older than she is, not just "old". Case never opened for me.

~CANUCK~
Oct 25th, 2008, 05:36 AM
How exactly does this even warrant a message in the bug thread, let alone your reported post. How old does one have to be before we are politically correct in calling someone old, 70/80? If the title had said she was dating a black billionaire that wouldn't be edited either assuming he was actually a black man. Pointing out the obvious is not against the rules on this board as far as I know and just because you don't see him as being old, there sure are a few people who would qualify him as being a bit on the dusty side.

Also, FYI - Just because you report something doesn't mean action will be taken that will please you. The report was looked at and was determined to be unworthy of an action.

Zamboni
Oct 25th, 2008, 07:20 AM
as Canuck said, just because you report a post, doesn't mean we'll take action. It means we look at the post and judge whether action is needed.
If no action is taken, we oviously decided it is not needed.

Reporting a post twice is completely useless. Stop doing it. (=note to everyone)