PDA

View Full Version : 100k+H Bratislava

hellas719
Oct 18th, 2008, 10:52 PM
After Poitiers, Eleni will play in Bratislava. As of now, she is 3rd in Qualifying, but she'll get into MD. There is a tough field, with players like Kleybanova, Garbin, Rybarikova, Benesova, Kvitova, Dulko, etc etc also on the list. Hopefully Eleni can have a great tournament and at least make QF. Hopefully, she will play against a Wc or Qualie in the 1st round.

hellas719
Oct 24th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Daniilidou is not in the qualifying draw! She was 2nd on the qualies list when I checked yesterday, so maybe she got moved up into MD.

Bероника
Oct 26th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Is she in MD?

Bероника
Oct 26th, 2008, 04:37 PM
she is in MD :D but very hard match.GO LENA!!!!

Main Draw

(1)Alisa Kleybanova (RUS) v Anna Lapushchenkova (RUS
Ekaterina Bychkova (RUS) v Q

Sesil Karatantcheva (BUL) v (wc)Kristyna Pliskova (CZE)
(7)Mariya Koryttseva (UKR) v Mariana Duque-Marino (COL)

(4)Gisela Dulko (ARG) v (wc)Klaudia Boczova (SVK)
Tatjana Malek (GER) v Q

Andreja Klepac (SLO) v Petra Cetkovska (CZE)
(5)Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) v Akgul Amanmuradova (UZB)

(8)Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) v Lucie Safarova (CZE)
Elena Vesnina (RUS) v Maria-Elena Camerin (ITA)

Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (CZE) v Q
(3)Petra Kvitova (CZE) v Eleni Daniilidou (GRE)

(6)Monica Niculescu (ROU) v (wc)Kristina Kucova (SVK)
Anne Keothavong (GBR) v Yvonne Meusburger (AUT)

(wc)Lenka Wienerova (SVK) v Q
(2)Iveta Benesova (CZE) v Lucie Hradecka (CZE)

hellas719
Oct 26th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Hopefully she can at least win a set. It would make my month if she reached the SF.

forever_rafter
Oct 26th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Let's kick some ass, Eleni! ;)

Dorien.
Oct 27th, 2008, 05:23 PM
C'mon Eleni. Believe in your self girl! :)

Dorien.
Oct 27th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Benesova/Zahlavova-Strycova (CZE/CZE) - Daniilidou/Woehr (GRE/GER) 6:3, 6:2 :sad:

merda2004
Oct 27th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Let's kick some ass, Eleni! ;)

kick ass?oh i'd like to see that!but i dont think so!one week she complains about her knee but yet again the following week she plays doubles and singles!i think it will be her ass that will be kicked!but i hope she wins!

Bероника
Oct 27th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Benesova/Zahlavova-Strycova (CZE/CZE) - Daniilidou/Woehr (GRE/GER) 6:3, 6:2 :sad:
bad news indeed :sad:

hellas719
Oct 27th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I really think that she should stop playing doubles, and she should concentrate on singles, at least until she cracks the top 100 again. Its pathetic! She's now #150.

Dorien.
Oct 28th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Ok, but maybe doubles is a way for here to have some more matchrythm, to enjoy the game and to feel some positive fibes...

forever_rafter
Oct 28th, 2008, 10:50 AM
She still has singles to play so let's be positive.

Dorien, dear, you have a lovely pic of Amelie in your signature :)

merda2004
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:52 PM
any news about elenis match?did she win?did she lose?

hellas719
Oct 28th, 2008, 07:07 PM
any news about elenis match?did she win?did she lose?

I think maybe it rained, or she didn't play today. I checked itftennis.com, and it only shows the Kartancheva match, which was played yestersay. I also checked tennisnews.gr, and it talks about Gerasimou and some Greek men winning, but nothing about Eleni, except for her losing in doubles. I will check the tournament's thread in a few minutes.

Dorien.
Oct 28th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Kvitova def. Daniilidou 4:6, 7:6(5), 6:2

So close :o

Dorien.
Oct 28th, 2008, 08:35 PM
She still has singles to play so let's be positive.

Dorien, dear, you have a lovely pic of Amelie in your signature :)

hellas719
Oct 28th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Kvitova def. Daniilidou 4:6, 7:6(5), 6:2

So close :o

:sad::sad:Great fight though!:bounce::worship:. Now she might be back on track, and maybe she can finish the year on a good note by winning a few matches in Krakow. Hopefully Ula can bring her some support.

Bероника
Oct 28th, 2008, 08:51 PM
well at least it was close.

let's hope for a better result in Krakow

merda2004
Oct 29th, 2008, 07:23 AM
well its true!it was a close much to a player who is very good and quite high in rankings!its sad that eleni lost. especially the 2nd set!i guess if her serve was better she would have won it!next time!good luck in krakow eleni!

forever_rafter
Oct 29th, 2008, 08:16 AM
:sad::sad:Great fight though!:bounce::worship:. Now she might be back on track, and maybe she can finish the year on a good note by winning a few matches in Krakow. Hopefully Ula can bring her some support.

You guys can count on me and so can Eleni :) I'll be there for Monday-Wednesday or Tuesday-Thursday, depends when Eleni plays her 1st match.

merda2004
Oct 29th, 2008, 10:16 AM
You guys can count on me and so can Eleni :) I'll be there for Monday-Wednesday or Tuesday-Thursday, depends when Eleni plays her 1st match.

u will?lucky u!did they give u time off work or u gonna play the sick card?haha!
hey if u go say hi to eleni from me!!!:devil:
if u do she will get so upset that she might win for a change lol

forever_rafter
Oct 29th, 2008, 10:48 AM
u will?lucky u!did they give u time off work or u gonna play the sick card?haha!
hey if u go say hi to eleni from me!!!:devil:
if u do she will get so upset that she might win for a change lol

Actually, they gave me time off work. I haven't had a proper holidays this year yet so they hadn't had much choice :) I don't know if I get to see her up close, after all it's an indoor tournament. I hope Eleni finds some time to have a walk down Krakow's Old Town, it's really beautiful and very tourists oriented :) Some warm clothes might be useful as well as it's November and for a sun-loving Greek like Eleni it can be rather cold.

Bероника
Oct 29th, 2008, 02:58 PM
lucky Ula!! Enjoy next week :D We all hope your presence there will bring the goddess some luck ;)

Dorien.
Oct 29th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Enjoy your tournamen, Ula :) Hopefully you can bring Eleni more luck than i did at us open ;)

forever_rafter
Oct 29th, 2008, 05:40 PM
You are sweet folks :) I'll treat you with some Eleni's photos when I'm back :)

hellas719
Oct 29th, 2008, 06:50 PM

I would reccomend that you go monday-wednesday, b/c Eleni will probably play doubles on monday, and singles on tuesday. You should wait though. How far is Warsaw from Krakow? Driving distance? Train distance? Plane distance?

forever_rafter
Oct 29th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I would reccomend that you go monday-wednesday, b/c Eleni will probably play doubles on monday, and singles on tuesday. You should wait though. How far is Warsaw from Krakow? Driving distance? Train distance? Plane distance?

About 3h by train, about 40 minutes by plane and by car about 6h. I guess I'll wait till Sunday when order of play is released for Monday.