Oct 13th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Tennis.com Zurich Open

Zurich, Switzerland
October 13-19, 2008
Tier II
Prize Money: $600,000
Surface: Greenset/Indoors

Official Web Site:
www.zurichopen.net (http://www.zurichopen.net/)

I was holding off on starting a thread because Anna said she wouldn't play but she's in the draw and her match is scheduled!

Anna plays qualifier Monica Niculescu for the chance to meet Vika Azarenka in round two.

Tuesday OOP:
Centre Court (from 14.00hrs)
1. Bartoli vs. Szavay
2. Niculescu vs. Chakvetadze (NB 15.15hrs)

Martian Jeza
Oct 14th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Another 1st round loss for Ana : Way to go Anna ! Keep performing abissimaly, keep mocking yourself, keep having a loser mentality if you love it so much. *sarcastic*

Niculescu def. Chakvetadze 3-6, 6-3, 6-2!!!!

Wintermute
Oct 14th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I had a terrible feeling this thread would be a short one. It's hard to say if this is Anna's worst loss this year. It follows a trend of winning a decent first set and then collapsing. Anna needs this year to be over. I don't think continuing like this is helping her.

She said she needs a coach. I think this change will do her good. She needs some more stability and a new point of view perhaps.

goldenlox
Oct 14th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Anna doesn't have the right mindset. She rushes her first serve, and it's easy to break her.
She needs to fight every point. Never make UE's, and force her opponents to beat her

Wintermute
Oct 14th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I guess a few people on her got to watch Anna's match today. I've not seen her play for quite some time. Perhaps it's for the best! Sounds too depressing.

PerfectForm
Oct 14th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I said this in the GM, I shall say it here again.

It's clear her problem is mental. Her behaviour this year is so different from the cool calm Anna of 2007. She is reverting back to the pre-2006 mentality. Couple that with trying to change her usual game style to be more aggressive and mindlessly attacking the ball at any opportunity, you get a total disaster.

Anna is really talented and way better than this. I can see her going the dokic/ALG route down the rankings if she dosnt find her game by next season.

Cat's Pajamas
Oct 14th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Anna seriously needs to end her season now. :o

She should seriously go to some discreet beach for a vacation, sip a pina colada, and find her happy place. :awww:
I don't want her coming back to the court, when it is obvious she is not enjoying herself and has no confidence or heart out there. Get back to the basics Anna. :sobbing:

GeorgianFan
Oct 14th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Anna :hysteric:

cosmoose
Oct 14th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I'm afraid she is going to be the next Dokic or Kreijcek....this is a disaster!
Anna's ranking is going to dive so bad....pretty soon, she'll have to qualify for tier 1 events! :sad:

Wintermute
Oct 14th, 2008, 10:34 PM
With just one win in her five tournaments since New Haven, her latest setback came against a modest opponent who won simply by keeping the ball in play, often with heavy slice, something Chakvetadze struggled to do.

"There is no reason. I don't know the reason. I wish I did," said a distraught Chakvetadze. "If you can't beat a player who plays tennis of this quality I don't know who you can beat. I'm looking forward to the end of the season and a good break."

AFP (http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gy4GV5GJq2Z7QS7bYlB8H7NA80Og)

Pink Princess
Oct 14th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Anna plays the Piano:smooch:

HowardH
Oct 14th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Anna :sad: :o I suppose Niculescu is a tough player to face if you're struggling with form. She tries to make her opponent play badly, - she basically needs for that to happen in order to win- and Anna doesn't need a lot of encouragement to do that these days. Even if she's playing alright she's always on the brink of collapse these days. Hopefully next year will be better. Much better.

Sharapower8
Oct 15th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Oh Anna :o

Wintermute
Oct 16th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Anna's conqueror Niculescu got double-bagelled in the next round by Vika Azarenka. Oh Anna! :o :help: :sobbing: