PDA

View Full Version : Montreal selected to host Fed Cup Americas Zone Group I stage

Pages : [1] 2

spiceboy
Oct 8th, 2008, 04:50 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Tennis/News/2008/10/07/7010231-cp.html

Montreal selected to host Fed Cup Americas Zone Group I stage

MONTREAL - Montreal's Uniprix Stadium has been selected to host the Americas Zone Group I Fed Cup tournament.
The event, which will be held Feb. 4-7, 2009, features seven countries that will compete for one berth in the World Group II qualifying round next April. Canada, Brazil, Colombia, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Venezuela and the Bahamas will all be taking part.
"Montreal loves tennis and we are already very excited about playing there," Canadian Fed Cup captain Rene Collins said in a statement. "Crowd support can be a decisive factor in Fed Cup matches and we are thrilled to be able to count on the noisy Montreal fans."
The seven nations will be divided into two groups, and a round-robin will determine the winners in each group. The two finalists will face off Feb. 7 for a spot in the World Group II qualifying round.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 8th, 2008, 11:18 PM
:confused: How will they hold it at Uniprix Stadium in Febuary? Feb=Snow

tucker1989
Oct 9th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I think they have an indoor facility there too, but I'm not sure

juki
Oct 9th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Are there courts in the building next to the stadium (where the player locker rooms are)? It's a pretty big building, and I know they have a hall for some sponsor events during the tournament. I can't think of anywhere else there would be any indoor courts :confused:

juki
Oct 9th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Just checked the website, the building does rent out a hall with twelve indoor courts :eek:

MUST be in here....

http://www.stadeuniprix.com/tennis_canada/Contents/Uniprix%20-%20Hall%20Rentals/Room%207000/Pictures/hall70003.jpg

416_Man
Oct 10th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Where the player/media lounge is during the TMS/Tier I event are 12 indoor hard courts. In fact during the Montreal event in the summer, 2 courts are kept for players to practise.

This is also where North America/Carribbean Jr. Davis/Fed Cup event took place.

Ellery
Oct 14th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Cool! :yeah:

¤CharlDa¤
Oct 16th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Excited!

3Dcool
Dec 16th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I am there :P

LegionArgentina
Dec 17th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Colombia team already confirmed: Duque Marino ; Castaño ; Nuñez ; Castiblanco

Drake1980
Dec 17th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Colombia team already confirmed: Duque Marino ; Castaño ; Nuñez ; Castiblanco

That is great news. I'm so excited to see Castano and Duque Marino. I hope they are not in same pool as Canada!

Drake1980
Dec 17th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Does anybody have ticket information?

Tripp
Dec 17th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Canada will finally get the chance of playing on hard courts. They have a big shot at this in my opinion.

Drake1980
Dec 17th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Canada will finally get the chance of playing on hard courts. They have a big shot at this in my opinion.

In my eyes they should win this for sure on this surface with these other teams. Colombia will be good but should be no match for Canada on this surface. The other Countires only have like 1 good player at the most. The Canadian team will be stacked.

Drake1980
Dec 17th, 2008, 11:27 PM
The Bahamas doesn't have a ranked player in the WTA!:eek: I'm shocked they got into Americas Zone 1.

3Dcool
Dec 18th, 2008, 05:07 AM
They should start stealing players like Canada does :D

Drake1980
Dec 19th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Can't find any ticket info. Maybe it will be free.:shrug::p

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 20th, 2008, 01:50 AM

If it is then maybe i will have to drive up to Montreal :angel:;)

Anik
Dec 20th, 2008, 03:48 PM

i think its 10$ or 15$ by day

Vincey!
Dec 21st, 2008, 02:38 PM
They should start stealing players like Canada does :D

Canada's never stolen players :o...The players moved to Canada it's different,and usually when they are young. Actually Canada has been rubbed 1½ top 5 players :p

Anik
Dec 22nd, 2008, 02:28 PM
The event will be Web cast live on www.tenniscanada.com

Drake1980
Dec 22nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
The event will be Web cast live on www.tenniscanada.com

:eek::eek::eek:

Mixed feeling about this.

Saralah.
Dec 31st, 2008, 03:01 AM
Lol you'd wish :P (I would also, but I'd be more than happy if it's 10-15$/day). Well, if the competition is in February, they'd better hurry up. I guess the best way to know what's going on is to call @ admission and ask. I read there were only going to be from 500 to 1500 places since it's inside, maybe they think they can sell everything within a month or less, but that's just plain stupid :rolleyes: ...

Drake1980
Dec 31st, 2008, 03:24 AM
I'm hoping I'll be able to get tickets when I go there. I assume they won't sell out.

Anik
Jan 8th, 2009, 06:21 PM
TICKETS ON SALE FOR FED CUP BY BNP PARIBAS
Americas Zone Group I event set to play at Uniprix Stadium in February

Tennis Canada announced Thursday that tickets are now on sale for the upcoming Fed Cup by BNP Paribas tie which will be held in Montreal in February. Uniprix Stadium will host the Americas Zone Group I Fed Cup presented by BNP Paribas competition February 4-7, 2009. The tournament will feature seven American nations that will battle it out for a single spot in the World Group II qualifying round next April. The Bahamas, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Paraguay, Puerto Rico and Venezuela will all be talking part. This event will mark the first time that Fed Cup matches are held at Uniprix Stadium and only the second time that they are presented in Montreal. In 2004, Canada faced Switzerland in Dorval, Quebec.

PRICES (taxes and service charges included):

− Box (4 seats) : $1,500 (note : the price indicated includes 4 invitations for a cocktail with the entire Canadian Team and a P-1 parking pass for the 2009 Rogers Cup)
− Series Ticket : $50 (valid for 4 days)
− Regular Session Ticket : $20 (valid for one day)
− Session Ticket (12 and under) : FREE from Wednesday to Friday / $5 for Saturday’s Final

Tickets can be purchased by phone at 514-273-1515, ext.11 (toll free: 1-866-338-2685,ext.11) or via the web at www.admission.com

The seven participating nations will be divided into two groups and a round robin will determine the winners of each group. On Saturday, February 7 the two finalists will then face each other in the final to determine which country will have a spot in the World Group II qualifying round.
In 2008, Canada was not able to come out on top in the Americas Zone Group I, losing 2-1 to Colombia in the round robin. But Canada did manage to finish third in the competition, which also included Brazil, Mexico, Paraguay, Puerto Rico and Uruguay. With such a successful run, Canada was sure to remain in Group I of the Americas Zone in 2009.

Temporary stands for 600 spectators will be set up in Uniprix Stadium for the matches. The names of the players who will make up the Canadian team will be announced next week. The event will be web cast live on www.tenniscanada.com.

Kristoffer
Jan 8th, 2009, 08:07 PM
The Bahamas doesn't have a ranked player in the WTA!:eek: I'm shocked they got into Americas Zone 1.

in doubles ranking they have....

Anik
Jan 21st, 2009, 02:06 PM
Team canada: Dubois, Fichman, Téreault et Wozniak

Anik
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:33 PM
Bahamas
Larikah Russell
Nikkita Fountain
Kerrie Cartwright
Captaine: Sean Cartwright

Brésil
Vivian Segnini
Maria Fernanda Alves
Roxane Vaisemberg
Monique Albaquerque
Captaine : Marcio Carlsson

Canada
Aleksandra Wozniak
Stéphanie Dubois
Sharon Fichman
Valérie Tétreault
Captaine : Rene Collins

Colombie
Mariana Duque-Marino
Catalina Castano
Viky Nunez-Fuentes
Yuliana Lizarazo
Captaine : Ignacio Arroyave

Paraguay
Rossana De Los Rios
Veronica Cepede Royg
Isaura Enrique Aguilar
Captaine : Rossana De Los Rios

Porto Rico
Jessica Roland-Rosario
Monica Puig
Rocio Portela
Gabriela Vazquez
Captaine : Juan-Carlos Escudero

Willam
Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:14 PM
Paz is playing for venezuela.

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Canada quite favorited this year. I don't see us losing, especially on fast hardcourts.

Drake1980
Jan 25th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Hopefully Colombia and Canada are in different groups.

Willam
Jan 26th, 2009, 06:46 AM
You should pray Venezuela is in not the same group than Canada.

Anik
Feb 3rd, 2009, 06:32 PM
Venezuela will not play here finaly

Anik
Feb 3rd, 2009, 07:08 PM
groups:

Canada, Bahamas and Porto Rico

Bresil, Colombie and Paraguay

Hayato
Feb 3rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
Canada got the easiest draw :o :o

Paraguay....tough :( Rossana will play Mariana :eek: And Catalina will play Veronica.
The doubles match: De Los Rios/Cepede Royg vs. Duque-Marino/Castano...well, that would be a dream to watch!! :speakles:

Live Web Cast will be available every day here: http://www.tenniscanada.com/fedcup/eng/default.asp

Drake1980
Feb 3rd, 2009, 07:56 PM

Paraguay....tough :( Rossana will play Mariana :eek: And Catalina will play Veronica.
The doubles match: De Los Rios/Cepede Royg vs. Duque-Marino/Castano...well, that would be a dream to watch!! :speakles:

Live Web Cast will be available every day here: http://www.tenniscanada.com/fedcup/eng/default.asp

Do you know which day this is? Is there a schedule out?

Anik
Feb 3rd, 2009, 08:02 PM
4 février

17 h
Porto Rico c. Bahamas
Brésil c. Paraguay

5 février

17 h
Canada c. à déterminer
Colombie c. à déterminer

Willam
Feb 4th, 2009, 12:37 PM
how come venezuela is not playing :sobbing:

3Dcool
Feb 4th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I'll be there in an hour :)

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Have fun 3Dcool! :D :yeah:

I hope they'll show Brazil-Paraguay over Bahamas-Puerto Rico on the Webcast. Surely De Los Rios-Segnini would be a better match for the fans than two unranked players :p

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 4th, 2009, 09:06 PM

Cooool! I can't wait to see Rossana play :bounce:.

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Wow i'm watching Veronica Cepede Royg play for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!! She is warming up against Alves :D

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Sorry it is Vaisemberg

Cepede holds to 15 with a winner down the line! :D 1-0*

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Vaisemberg leads Cepede Royg *4-1

Veronica has just made so many errors. She looks a bit nervous and is standing too far back. She's hitting big but Vaisemberg just has to hit the ball in.

I can see Rossana, Ana-Paula and Gustavo in the crowd! Apparently it's -18 degrees C outside!

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Vero breaks back *2-4
Better game :D

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Veronica Cepede holds 3-4*
I am impressed! Vero hits the ball pretty hard and goes for her shots. She is controlling most of the rallies.

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Vaisemberg *5-4

Veronica :hearts: Playing much better and staying aggressive. Please break here!

TeamUla
Feb 4th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Is there a mistake on livestream? Shouldn't it be Brazil-Paraguay?

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Vaisemberg 6-4 :(

That was a tight game...Vero came back from 40-0 and had a break point and then lost a long rally, played a beautiful point then made another error :sad: There's not much in this match.

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Is there a mistake on livestream? Shouldn't it be Brazil-Paraguay?

Yeah, I don't know why it says Colombia-Paraguay :p

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Vero broken despite saving 4 BPs :(
6-4 *1-0

Come on Vero

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Vaisemberg 6-4 *2-1

Vero holds. If she can just stay positive she can still come back. :) There's not much between these two.

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Vaisemberg 6-4 *4-1

Vero has given up. :sad: She is not running for balls she could easily get if she had the right mental attitude. I guess that's just inexperience.

Broseghini
Feb 4th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Brazil!! :bigclap:

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Veronica gets the double break back! She has produced some amazing passing shots and is playing much, much better :D

6-4 4-4*

Bahamas won the first set 6-3 against Puerto Rico.

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 10:24 PM
And from 30-0 to broken again :o Vaisemberg serving for the match. Rossana's husband is the coach on the court giving Vero some advice.

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 10:28 PM
By the way, who is this F*ing annoying Stephanie Myles woman commentating? She's a pain in the ass!! Everything she says is so biased towards Vaisemberg, absolutely everything! :rolleyes: Even when Veronica hits a blinding winner down the line she says, well it was right there, she didn't have to do much, etc I wish she would shut the hell up. She thinks she knows everything. The guy barely gets a word in.

VERONICA breaks back! 5-5 :D

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Veronica saves 2 match points and breaks back for a tiebreak!:yeah: Vamos Vero!!

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Veronica Cepede claims the second set!!!

3-6 7-6(2) 0-0

She saved 2 match points on Vaisemberg's serve and trailed 6-4 *4-1. Vaisemberg served for the match twice.

Gustavo (Rossana's husband) looks really excited! :D He must be giving some good advice because he only came onto the court at 6-4 4-1.
Vamos Vero!!!!!!! She is playing really well!

Broseghini
Feb 4th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Roxane! :o

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Cepede Royg consolidates the break back :D
3-6 7-6(2) 2-2*

Vaisemberg has problems with injuries now. She's had two injury time outs. She doesn't seem to be too affected by it though.

Bahamas vs. Puerto Rico 6-3 4-6 1-3

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Cepede 3-6 7-6(2) *4-3

Vaisemberg has cramps in both legs. :sad: Vero is moving her from side to side and making her move. Just two more games Vero!!

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 4th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I'm on site. Cepede just won.

Vaisemberg just imploded, her injuries were almost a pretext, she should have won in the second.

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 11:18 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/PAR.gif Paraguay lead http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/BRA.gif Brazil 1-0
Veronica Cepede Royg def. Roxane Vaisemberg 4-6 7-6(2) 6-3

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5661/cepedezb5.jpg

Fantastic win Veronica!!! I was really impressed! I can't believe she came back from 6-4 *4-1 and saved 2 match points! She should be so proud of this result. :hug:

Hopefully Rossana can seal the tie against Segnini!

VAMOS PARAGUAY!!!!!

Hayato
Feb 4th, 2009, 11:50 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/PUR.gif Puerto Rico lead http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/BAH.gif Bahamas 1-0
Monica Puig def. Larikah Russell 3-6 6-4 7-5

Rossana breaks in the first game with a beautiful passing shot :hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:07 AM
I'm on site. Cepede just won.

Vaisemberg just imploded, her injuries were almost a pretext, she should have won in the second.

Nice job :bounce:! Cmooon Rossana! :rocker2:

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:11 AM
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/705/rdlr4yv0.jpg

De Los Rios leads Segnini *4-1

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I LOOOVE Rossanas red outfit! :hearts:

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:21 AM
The first set goes to Rossana De Los Rios, 6-1 :)
She's playing pretty well. Segnini hits it quite hard too but doesn't have the all-court game.

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:22 AM
I LOOOVE Rossanas red outfit! :hearts:

I know, me too! She looks so good in red :hearts:
It's really nice to see Rossana and her husband talking on the court together! :D

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:22 AM
The first set goes to Rossana De Los Rios, 6-1 :)
She's playing pretty well. Segnini hits it quite hard too but doesn't have the all-court game.

Yeah, i like the way Rossana was moving her around the court. She even tried a drop shot during the last game ;):bounce:.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:23 AM
I know, me too! She looks so good in red :hearts:
It's really nice to see Rossana and her husband talking on the court together! :D

Yes it is :cool:. SO, Rossana is the lead captain of the team like Mary Joe is of the US team ?? :eek::bounce:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Segnini playing the tennis of her life right now. Hitting so hard, really pumped.

1-6 6-2 1-0 with a break.

I have pictures coming of Roro's red outfit ;)

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Yeah Rossana is the captain, but it looks like Gustavo is the coach :)

Oh dear. Rossana is playing absolutely AWFUL. Segnini is playing much better. From 6-1 2-0 to 1-6 6-2 *1-0

Rossana can't even win a game against Segnini at the moment :help: So many errors and she doesn't seem to care much.

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Yup, indeed she seems kinda down, not much reaction. It seems like she is waiting for segnini to calm down.

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Yup, indeed she seems kinda down, not much reaction. It seems like she is waiting for segnini to calm down.

Exactly. And why should the top 100 experienced player wait for the #351 to calm down? :lol: :o She's letting Segnini play her game and go for her shots. Urgently needs to apply some consistent power.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Cmoooon Rossana! :bounce:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:14 AM
I don't like how they show Rossana serving and then don't show the court until 2-3 strokes into the rally sometimes :lol::p

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:15 AM
But hey, i really should't complain and just be happy we get to see the match at all :lol:.

Rossana holds for a 2-1 lead :bounce:.

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:16 AM
I don't like how they show Rossana serving and then don't show the court until 2-3 strokes into the rally sometimes :lol::p

:lol: I was thinking the same! It's like, you can't tell if it was a strong serve or not.

I also muted the volume because after more than 3 hours that woman's voice was driving me mad.

Rossana finally takes the lead again 6-1 2-6 2-1*. VAMOS

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:20 AM
I'm standing right where the commentators are, both french and english, so I got both live ;)

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:21 AM
I''m a bit disappointed at the pics. Being indoors, the quality isn't that great.

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I''m a bit disappointed at the pics. Being indoors, the quality isn't that great.

Oh, thanks a lot for the pics man. We are not fussy :lol: Thanks for taking them. Is it a nice atmosphere in there? Can you see Rossana's daughter in the crowd at all? I hope you're enjoying yourself :)

Rossana finally breaks for *3-1.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:25 AM

Its ok, its better thank nothing at all :p. :)

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Cmooon Rossana, break back ! ;):bounce:

Charles, they just showed the ROGERS CUP ad on the stream...hehe

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Rossana playing a bit better, Segnini missing a bit more. But still an amazing match right now.

The atmosphere is nice, not that much of a crowd, but the people still here are getting into it. Mostly for Segnini.

I'm pretty sure I walked by Ana Paula earlier. Can't see her right now.

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Cmooon Rossana, break back ! ;):bounce:

Charles, they just showed the ROGERS CUP ad on the stream...hehe

*4-2! :) Hold this time Rossana.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Rossanas hubby/coach yapping from the sideline ?? Who is this female commentator :lol:. She sounds like a wannabe Mary Carillo :lol:;).

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Rossana playing a bit better, Segnini missing a bit more. But still an amazing match right now.

The atmosphere is nice, not that much of a crowd, but the people still here are getting into it. Mostly for Segnini.

I'm pretty sure I walked by Ana Paula earlier. Can't see her right now.

Thanks for the details CharlDa! :) I'm glad to hear the crowd are getting into it including yourself! I'm sure it's completely different watching it on the live stream to watching it live. Will you be attending every day?

You should tell the female commentator that "that man in the gray" is Rossana's husband :p and the Paraguayan coach. She has no idea who he is.

Rossana leads 6-1 2-6 5-2*. Phew. Now finish it off RoRo.

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Rossanas hubby/coach yapping from the sideline ?? Who is this female commentator :lol:. She sounds like a wannabe Mary Carilo :lol:;).

haha, her name is Stephanie Myles and she has driven me crazy all morning and afternoon here!! :spit: Yapping is a perfect description. She loves the sound of her own voice!

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:38 AM
How old is Segnini and how has she done in the JRs ?? Thanks :cool:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Meh the upload isn't working well :sad:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Imageshack isn't working. Anything else to upload?

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:42 AM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/PAR.gif Paraguay lead http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/BRA.gif Brazil 2-0
Veronica Cepede Royg def. Roxane Vaisemberg 4-6 7-6(2) 6-3
Rossana De Los Rios def. Vivien Segnini 6-1 2-6 6-2

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/PUR.gif Puerto Rico lead http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/BAH.gif Bahamas 1-0
Monica Puig def. Larikah Russell 3-6 6-4 7-5
Jessica Roland-Rosario leads Nikkita Fountain 6-2 5-2

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:44 AM
How old is Segnini and how has she done in the JRs ?? Thanks :cool:

She is 19. I'm not sure how she's done in the juniors but she seems to be Brazil's most promising player :)
Segnini is crying :sad: She had her head in her towel for about 3 minutes after the match and the Brazilian team were giving her hugs and what looked like words of encouragement. She should be happy with how she played, especially in the 2nd set. I'm sure she'll be at least in the top 200 soon.

So glad Rossana got through and that Paraguay won!! :woohoo:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Rossana played a very smart 3rd set with letting Senini cool down.:cool:. She was just getting the balls back and letting her make the mistakes :angel:.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:46 AM
She is 19. I'm not sure how she's done in the juniors but she seems to be Brazil's most promising player :)
Segnini is crying :sad: She had her head in her towel for about 3 minutes after the match and the Brazilian team were giving her hugs and what looked like words of encouragement. She should be happy with how she played, especially in the 2nd set. I'm sure she'll be at least in the top 200 soon.

So glad Rossana got through and that Paraguay won!! :woohoo:

Yes, she seems like a pretty solid player. Hopefully she can play allot of ITF tourneys this year and improve her game even more :).

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Imageshack isn't working. Anything else to upload?

Photobucket maybe? Thanks man

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:50 AM
I'll check tomorow...Gnight everyone! :kiss:...:wavey:

kiel
Feb 5th, 2009, 10:11 AM
OMG!!!!Brazilian team this year have a lot of problems!!!Teliana fight with brazilian confederation and they didn´t convoke her to play fedcup; Roxane injuried in 1st match; Nanda is playing awful the last 2 years; this year i don´t have any expectation...:sad:

By the way, i think most promising brazilian player is Teliana, she´s just months older than Segnini, and she needs to play a full season, but seems she injuried in Rancho Mirage...:o

Vivian Segnini birth: 01/03/1989
Teliana Pereira birth: 07/20/1988
Roxane Vaisemberg: 07/25/1989

Other brazilian young players that i think improve and do well in WTA Rankings:
Nathalia Rossi: 04/28/1989
Fernanda Hermenegildo: 10/13/1988
Natalia Guitler: 06/04/1987( i put Natalia here, cause she started to play tennis at 14, and she´s improving a lot. She´s tall(1,80 m), amazing shape, she´s fast on the court, and she´s very cute, i think she´s got everything to be a tennis muse....:lol::kiss::hearts:
Monique Albuquerque: 09/11/1991
Paula Gonçalves: 08/11/1990
Fernanda Faria: 12/03/1991
Flavia Borges: 04/18/1991
Maísa Feital: 03/24/1991
Gabriela Barbosa-Costa Silva: 07/10/1991
Rebeca Neves: 12/28/1990
Natalia Cheng: 07/10/1989

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 10:20 AM
OMG!!!!Brazilian team this year have a lot of problems!!!Teliana fight with brazilian confederation and they didn´t convoke her to play fedcup; Roxane injuried in 1st match; Nanda is playing awful the last 2 years; this year i don´t have any expectation...:sad:

By the way, i think most promising brazilian player is Teliana, she´s just months older than Segnini, and she needs to play a full season, but seems she injuried in Rancho Mirage...:o

:hug: Yeah, I was wondering why Teliana wasn't playing this year? What was she fighting about? :confused:

I think Teliana is the most promising Brazilian player too. She can crush everyone and anyone, but somehow she hasn't broken through yet.

Nanda Alves at least is a solid doubles player, as shown by her win in doubles today. And Roxane just had cramps I think, she came back and played the doubles so she must be feeling better. :)

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 5th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Ok, sorry for last night, i couldn't open internet anymore. Im on my way to the site of the tourney right now, and will post a report of Day 01 with some pictures the moment I get there :)

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 5th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I hope Sharon or Val have a chance to play against the unranked

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 5th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Day 01 report :

Porto Rico def Bahamas 2-1

Puig def Russell 3-6 6-4 7-5

Very tight and intense match. Monica can hit quite well, very hard for her age, but she lacks some variety and consistency. Her returns down-the-line were quite deadly. She was quite vocal, and so was the young Porto Rican team. Helped her out a lot in the latter stages of the match for sure. Monica is also quite pretty in a Cibulkova type of way.

Roland Rosario def Fountain 6-2 6-2

Talking about pretty, I found Nikkita stunning. Her game is quite intense, she whacks everything quite hard, which makes it hit-and-miss. Roland was more consistent, more spin and angles. She would make Nikkita hit shots from different heights and spots from the court, which worked really well. Nikkita has no serve at all, which helped Roland exploit it well.

Dubs: Bahamas def Porto Rico 6-2 6-3

Well, the hitting hard paid off in doubles. The poor Porto Rican team almost looked scared at the net. Nikkita and Larikah would just whack the returns, sometimes right to the players. Larikah is quite a good doubles player, nice volleying, serve and volley. Both Monica and Jessica weren’t bad, just not exceptional. It sucks for the Bahamas, because they clearly had a shot at winning this tie.

Paraguay def Brazil 2-1

Cepede Royg def Vaisemberg 4-6 7-6(2) 6-3

I came in at match points for Vaisemberg in the second. At the time she was playing well, attacking smartly, moving Veronica around with her left forehand. When it got close, Veronica just started to make Roxane hit some balls, and the nerves started to kick in. She missed more. Then cramps happened, both in the legs and in the head. At the start of the third set, Roxane seemed to be coming back to her old game, but Cepede looked to be mentally and physically more prepared to last longer.

De Los Rios def Segnini 6-1 2-6 6-2

Clearly the best match of the day. De Los Rios came out quite strong, attacking a lot with her backhand, especially crosscourt. Segnini ended up playing defensive, which we later knew wasn’t her at all. Second set seemed to be following the same road, but Vivian really got in an incredible zone. She pumped herself up, brought the crowd to her side, and started incredibly hard and moving Rossana around. Incredibly impressive, she won like seven games in a row. Rossana didn’t seem to care much, and maybe her experience just led to her simply let Segnini’s hot streak end. The start of the third was very tight, both players sharing breaks for 1-1. Rossana won her next service game, playing more aggressively, and Vivian missing just slightly more. The next game, with Segnini serving, ended up being the turning point: with a ton of deuces, De Los Rios ended up breaking, which seemed to stop Segnini’s intensity and streak. Even though Vivian broke right back, you could feel that Rossana’s experience would prevail. And it did. Poor Segnini started crying after, pretty much incontrollably. But she really has nothing to be ashamed off, she got herself plenty of new fans in Montreal today.

Dubs: Brazil def Paraguay 6-2 3-6 6-3

I left before this even started, mostly because it was already 10pm and Rossana needed a 30 minutes break. Kinda sad for Brazil, as once again, I fell they had a great shot at winning this tie with doubles. Brazil goes down, very probably, by being third in their group. A bit of an unlucky draw and turn of events for them. With Roxane taking one of those two match points, or falling in a group with either Bahamas or Porto Rico, they could easil have finished second of their group.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 5th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Steph is playing first!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 5th, 2009, 09:07 PM
her opponent is ranked in the 200s in the juniors :lol:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 5th, 2009, 09:33 PM
6-0 Dubois

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 5th, 2009, 09:44 PM
this is basically a practice session

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the report CharlDa :yeah: Great read! I hope there'll be some exciting matches today, but chances are that will be in the Colombian-Brazilian tie :p
Does anyone have any updates from that?

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 5th, 2009, 10:31 PM
6-0 6-0 for Steph. Too easy.

Hayato
Feb 5th, 2009, 10:46 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/COL.gif Colombia lead http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/BRA.gif Brazil 1-0

Catalina Castano def. Maria Fernanda Alves 6-4 6-3 :D

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 5th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Aleks just broken *eek*

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Aleks won 6-0 6-2.
Steph and Sharon won 6-0 6-0.

Segnini def Duque 6-2 6-3 :eek:

Doubles now 4-3 up Colombia.

Crowd is quite intense!

Hayato
Feb 6th, 2009, 01:30 AM
I just saw Mariana's result :lol: :o What a bad loss.

They should win the doubles though! Thanks for the score CD. :D

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Colombia 7-6.

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 01:45 AM
OMG. SOOOOOOOOOO Awkward.

A ballboy just peed on the court. He couldn't hold it anymore. There was like a huge urine spot on the court, they had to clean the court with towels and stop the match. Poor kid. The umpires were like: OMG.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 6th, 2009, 01:47 AM

A ballboy just peed on the court. He couldn't hold it anymore. There was like a huge urine spot on the court, they had to clean the court with towels and stop the match. Poor kid. The umpires were like: OMG.

SORRY...But...:haha:... :angel:

Hayato
Feb 6th, 2009, 01:52 AM

LMFAO :haha:
Awww the poor kid!! I have never thought about that happening :eek:
What did the players do? :lol:
:rolls:

Thanks for the update!! Forza Colombia!! I wanna see Cepede-Castano and De Los Rios-Duque Marino not to mention Cepede/De Los Rios-Castano/Duque Marino!!

Jarl_02
Feb 6th, 2009, 02:32 AM
Can someone please explain me why Venezuela is not playing?!?! :eek:

Jarl_02
Feb 6th, 2009, 02:36 AM
I just read in a venezuelan page...

Venezuela withdrew becuase Sequera is still injured and Paz won't go...so they retired.....so they'll have to play in group II next year :sad: what a disappointment :(

Saralah.
Feb 6th, 2009, 03:06 AM

Lol wtf. What's even weirder is that all the ballboys were pretty "old" from what I remember.

Well anyway, I went both days and it's a cool experience so far. I thought the crowd would have been alot louder today since Canada was playing, but we just heard people shouting for Colombia and Brasil (it sounded more exciting on the other court, but CANADA was playing, I couldn't go :P). Easy win for the canadians, it's nice to see them not playing their best tennis and still winning without losing more than 2 games because it means they have good chances to make it to the next group, but for entertainment, it's not that great.

I'm disappointed that Maria Fernanda Alves lost both her matches, because from what I saw from her yesterday (and a bit today in the doubles), she's a cool player to watch and she totally deserved to win against Paraguay. In the first set she ran everything, but she got injured in the second and didn't do that anymore. I haven't seen her match against Castano, though, so I don't know about that one.

Hayato
Feb 6th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Lol wtf. What's even weirder is that all the ballboys were pretty "old" from what I remember.

Well anyway, I went both days and it's a cool experience so far. I thought the crowd would have been alot louder today since Canada was playing, but we just heard people shouting for Colombia and Brasil (it sounded more exciting on the other court, but CANADA was playing, I couldn't go :P). Easy win for the canadians, it's nice to see them not playing their best tennis and still winning without losing more than 2 games because it means they have good chances to make it to the next group, but for entertainment, it's not that great.

I'm disappointed that Maria Fernanda Alves lost both her matches, because from what I saw from her yesterday (and a bit today in the doubles), she's a cool player to watch and she totally deserved to win against Paraguay. In the first set she ran everything, but she got injured in the second and didn't do that anymore. I haven't seen her match against Castano, though, so I don't know about that one.

Nanda Alves only played doubles against Paraguay? :scratch: Roxane Vaisemberg was the one who got injured yesterday in the 2nd set, but obviously it wasn't that bad cuz she came out and won the doubles with Alves. I think it was cramps, and full credit to Cepede for hanging in there!
So does that mean Colombia won the deciding doubles rubber against Brazil? :D

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 03:29 AM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/COL.gif Colombia lead http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/BRA.gif Brazil 1-0

Catalina Castano def. Maria Fernanda Alves 6-4 6-3 :D
:woohoo::D

Hayato
Feb 6th, 2009, 03:30 AM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/CAN.gif Canada def. http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/BAH.gif Bahamas 3-0

Stephanie Dubois def. Kerrie Cartwright 6-0 6-0
Aleksandra Wozniak def. Nikkita Fountain 6-0 6-2
Dubois/Fichman def. Cartwright/Fountain 6-0 6-0

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/COL.gif Colombia def. http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/BRA.gif Brazil 2-1

Catalina Castaño def. Maria Fernanda Alves 6-4 6-3
Vivian Segnini def. Mariana Duque Marino 6-2 6-3
Castaño/Duque Marino def. Alves/Vaisemberg 7-6(4) 3-6 6-4

So we will have the Semifinals tomorrow:
(1) Canada vs. (5) Puerto Rico
(4) Paraguay vs. (2) Colombia :drool: :drool: :drool:

Bahamas and Brazil will play off to see who will be relegated. I wonder who will win that :p

Saralah.
Feb 6th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Nanda Alves only played doubles against Paraguay? :scratch: Roxane Vaisemberg was the one who got injured yesterday in the 2nd set, but obviously it wasn't that bad cuz she came out and won the doubles with Alves. I think it was cramps, and full credit to Cepede for hanging in there!
So does that mean Colombia won the deciding doubles rubber against Brazil? :D
Yes, you are right. I got mixed up with the names, because Alves is second on the players list (and usually the fist two play singles and the third doubles), and since she played with Vaisemberg in doubles, I got confused. Thanks for pointing this out.

Hayato
Feb 6th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Yes, you are right. I got mixed up with the names, because Alves is second on the players list (and usually the fist two play singles and the third doubles), and since she played with Vaisemberg in doubles, I got confused. Thanks for pointing this out.

That's ok, I hope you're been enjoying the tennis this week! I heard it was -30 degrees there with wind chill :scared:

And I just read Brazil and Bahamas won't play off, they're both relegated to Americas Zone II for next year?? That's so tough and unfair on Brazil :( Whilst Puerto Rico will remain for another year here :o :lol:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 04:04 AM
It's incredibly sad for Brazil. They played so well and fought so hard. I left when they were 1-0 up and a break in the third in dubs. Puerto Rico is still riding its seeding from the win in Groupe I a few years ago, and Brazil is paying for that :sad:

Sarahlah, will you be there the next days? If you see a tall, blondish guy, early twenties, with dark glasses, that takes pictures on the court of Stephanie and who is always walking aroung talking to everyone, that's me ;) Don't hesitate to come chat!

I'm trying to upload pictures now :)

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 04:04 AM
BTW, Segnini is definitely the surprise of the tournament. That girl can play. She hits so hard, and is quite entertaining (or annoying if you don't enjoy it, but I do!)

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 04:10 AM
LMFAO :haha:
Awww the poor kid!! I have never thought about that happening :eek:
What did the players do? :lol:
:rolls:

Thanks for the update!! Forza Colombia!! I wanna see Cepede-Castano and De Los Rios-Duque Marino not to mention Cepede/De Los Rios-Castano/Duque Marino!!

You probably won't get to see the matches, as Canada will be on center court.

Brazil actually should face the Bahamas, as Venezuela is automatically going down. If two teams are going down, I'm guessing those two have to face each other to know which one it is. Brazil is probably saved.

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Rossana:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5904/rossana3fh2.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5482/rossana5nn9.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2301/rossana6xz9.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9734/rossana7wm1.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6296/rossana8ax6.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1857/rossana9ox6.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6523/rossana1op3.jpg

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8376/rossana2kp5.jpg

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Jessica Roland

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5539/jessicanx4.jpg

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4566/jessica1aa2.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8598/jessica2al3.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8344/jessica3sy6.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1231/jessica4tx9.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1844/jessica5be6.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6799/jessica6er0.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1883/jessica7jr9.jpg

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9163/jessica8zg7.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3601/jessica9xq0.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8427/jessica10qi1.jpg

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/381/jessica11xs3.jpg

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Nikkita Fountain

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3479/nikkita2lp5.jpg

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8498/nikkita3js8.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1832/nikkita4vh3.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3218/nikkita5nk3.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8836/nikkita6qf3.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5594/nikkita7vh2.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4808/nikkita8ci0.jpg

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4236/nikkita9el4.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2338/nikkita10jn9.jpg

Drake1980
Feb 6th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Hey CD, were any of the girls like really really bad players say for Bahamas or PR?

3Dcool
Feb 6th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Charles, please upload the Vivi pics..

Thx :P

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 05:15 PM
The board was acting crazy last night, i couldn't upload much. I'll upload Vivi today, and will try to do Steph, Sharon and Kerrie too.

Todd, the girls weren't that bad at all. I've seen a lot lot worst over the years. Just clearly another level than Steph and Aleks. Steph's opponent was decent but Steph was just so solid, not missing much and attacking well. Aleks' opponent can hit, as I said before, and when Aleks missed a bit much in the start of the second, she could use it to win two games. But they are not horrible players.

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 06:16 PM
When does today's play start?

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 6th, 2009, 10:13 PM
When does today's play start?

I second this question :p.

Hayato
Feb 6th, 2009, 10:43 PM
It's already started! It started almost 2 hours ago. Dubois easily won the first tie for Canada. Wozniak-Roland Rosario just started.

No news from Colombia-Paraguay?

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 6th, 2009, 10:48 PM
It's already started! It started almost 2 hours ago. Dubois easily won the first tie for Canada. Wozniak-Roland Rosario just started.

No news from Colombia-Paraguay?

Ooops, i forgot where the linc was in this thread :lol:.

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Dubois won 6-2 6-1.

Colombia and Paraguay are at one set all.

Castano 6-2 2-6

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Wow, big upset.

Cepede-Royg just won 2-6 6-2 6-3 :eek:

Nice chance for Paraguay to qualify for the final, Rossana warming up right now.

Hayato
Feb 6th, 2009, 10:56 PM
OMG!! VERONICA!! :eek: :bolt:

WOW!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. GO PARAGUAY!!!

Cata :hug: :bigcry:

Somehow I really want Paraguay to make the final, as much as I love my Colombian girls at least my Paraguayan one's write to me!

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Any live scoring?

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Oh my god Cata :sad: Just as I thought you were starting to play well again :sobbing:

maxomax
Feb 6th, 2009, 10:59 PM
OMG!!! They just said that Cepede Roig def. Catalina Castano :eek: In three sets!!!!! Go PAraguay go!!! Now Duque Marino will play De Los Rios!

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Please tell me there are livescores!

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Duque wasn't great yesterday. Great chance for Roro. And good for Canada ;)

Aleks not in shape though.

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Please tell me there are livescores!

I'm on site and I try to do it as much as I can, when Steph isn't playing ;)

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I'm on site and I try to do it as much as I can, when Steph isn't playing ;)
Oh :sad:

How are you updating? An iPhone or something?

Hayato
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:04 PM
http://www.tenniscanada.com/fedcup/eng/default.asp

This is where you can watch it live but it's Canada-Puerto Rico and I think we will know who will win this.

Wozniak *4-2

I think Rossana will beat Mariana! Mariana hasn't won a match all year and lost yesterday 6-2 6-3 to a player Rossana beat 6-1 2-6 6-2 the day before. Plus Rossana beat Mariana 6-0 6-3 at the end of last year on the same surface and she will be confident after Vero's amazing win.

This will be so good for Paraguay! Already Rossana is making headlines for their defeat of Brazil in all the top Paraguayan newspapers. Paraguayans don't have much to celebrate so this would be very special if they can make the final!!!

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:06 PM
http://www.tenniscanada.com/fedcup/eng/default.asp

This is where you can watch it live but it's Canada-Puerto Rico and I think we will know who will win this.

Wozniak *4-2

I think Rossana will beat Mariana! Mariana hasn't won a match all year and lost yesterday 6-2 6-3 to a player Rossana beat 6-1 2-6 6-2 the day before. Plus Rossana beat Mariana 6-0 6-3 at the end of last year on the same surface and she will be confident after Vero's amazing win.

This will be so good for Paraguay! Already Rossana is making headlines for their defeat of Brazil in all the top Paraguayan newspapers. Paraguayans don't have much to celebrate so this would be very special if they can make the final!!!
Oh awesome thank you :bowdown:

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Nice hold Jessica :yeah:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:11 PM
OMG!! VERONICA!! :eek: :bolt:

WOW!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. GO PARAGUAY!!!

Cata :hug: :bigcry:

Somehow I really want Paraguay to make the final, as much as I love my Colombian girls at least my Paraguayan one's write to me!

:woohoo: Gooooo Paraguay!!! :rocker:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:12 PM
I'm a media here, so I have my laptop with wireless internet.

Aleks just finished the first 6-3.

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:12 PM
:sad: Wozniak won the first set. Fight Puerto Rico :bounce:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Hey Charlda...are Wozi and Steph on pretty good personal terms with each other ?? :)

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I'm a media here, so I have my laptop with wireless internet.

Aleks just finished the first 6-3.
There's a livestream :eek::yeah: The Puerto Rican is pretty good :yeah:

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:14 PM
What's going on with Colombia-Paraguay?

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Hey Charlda...are Wozi and Steph on pretty good personal terms with each other ?? :)

Not really. They don't hate each other, but aren't friends. You can't find two more different people on this planet anyways.

Hayato
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Oh awesome thank you :bowdown:

You're welcome!

Can anyone tell me why Roland-Rosario is not a full-time player? She hadn't played a match since Fed Cup last year! And she always seems to win or have decent results :shrug:

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:16 PM
:( Wozniak broke. Fight Roland-Rosario :bounce:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Not really. They don't hate each other, but aren't friends. You can't find two more different people on this planet anyways.

Ok, thanks for the info ;). I guess we won't expect to see them teaming up for doubles anytime soon on the WTA Tour :tape:;)

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:18 PM
:sad:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:18 PM
You're welcome!

Can anyone tell me why Roland-Rosario is not a full-time player? She hadn't played a match since Fed Cup last year! And she always seems to win or have decent results :shrug:

I miss Kristina Brandi playing for Puerto Rico :sad:.

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Ok, thanks for the info ;). I guess we won't expect to see them teaming up for doubles anytime soon on the WTA Tour :tape:;)

Well I think they were supposed to play here in doubles together, but won't. Sharon/Steph is the official team now. I heard about them maybe pairing up in the Grand Slams, with Aleks' ranking in singles being high, but I wouldn't bet much on it happening.

iGOAT
Do they respect each other?

¤CharlDa¤
You're welcome!

She isn't bad, but she probably wouldn't win enough money to stay even. She probably enjoys her life as a coach or sthing down in Puerto Rico, and gets a few tourneys here and there, including Fed Cup.

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Do they respect each other?

Yes, that's what I meant. They are not fighting or anything, just have nothing in common.

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Oh damn it. Wozniak broke again :sad:

The commentators are morons :tape:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Yes, that's what I meant. They are not fighting or anything, just have nothing in common.

Does Steph like the movie SHREK ?? :lol: Ok, ok...that was bad of me! :angel: ;)

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:24 PM
The linespeople are a bit prejudiced

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:24 PM

I turn off the volume and play music on my ipod :p

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Break Jessica :yippee;

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:26 PM
:banghead: She loses all these close games :rolleyes:

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I turn off the volume and play music on my ipod :p
Good idea :lol:

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:27 PM
That was in I swear

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:29 PM
At least win this game :scared:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:31 PM
To the people listening to it in French, former player Melanie Marois is doing the commentating ;) I'm saying that as she waves at me :lol:

Hayato
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:33 PM

:haha: I'm glad i'm not the only one. Specially the woman!! She was driving me crazy when Cepede was playing Vaisemberg :haha: :ignore:

Do you have any updates from the De Los Rios-Duque Marino match, CD? :D

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:33 PM
:eek: The Puerto Rican won a game :yippee: Come back :aparty::lol:

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:34 PM
:haha: I'm glad i'm not the only one. Specially the woman!! She was driving me crazy when Cepede was playing Vaisemberg :haha: :ignore:

Do you have any updates from the De Los Rios-Duque Marino match, CD? :D
Apparently the stream is behind, they say what happened the next point then the point is played and you hear the same thing again :lol:

Hayato
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Apparently the stream is behind, they say what happened the next point then the point is played and you hear the same thing again :lol:

I know :eek: I thought that was just me. It was fine for Brazil-Paraguay but for the last 2 days they have been talking over each other! :confused:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Can you guys tell me exactly what the problem is with the stream? I can tell the guys here what's going on.

I'm about to get updates from the other court, I can't see it from here :sad:

Match point Aleks, for Canada to qualify for the finals :)

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Match point :sad:

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Can you guys tell me exactly what the problem is with the stream? I can tell the guys here what's going on.

I'm about to get updates from the other court, I can't see it from here :sad:

Match point Aleks, for Canada to qualify for the finals :)
It is behind but the commentating is not :p

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Ok good, I'll tell them :)

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Thank you :worship:

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Can you ask them to show the other match?

Hayato
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:47 PM

Thanks mate :D

I hope they can show a little part of Rossana-Mariana, instead of the Canadians hitting up, that would be like a dream match to watch :awww:

rileyman
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Heh -- I've been noticing that with the audio in the stream as well. At first I thought maybe I was getting feedback through my speakers somehow. Then when I switched to headphones I realized it was in their end. You sort of hear the commentators 5-10 seconds ahead of the play, in the background; and then again in full volume as the video catches up.

Always happy to see the Canadians play, and especially happy when they're doing well. :D

I'm curious if Tetrault will be playing at all? Or if she's the backup in case of an injury? I've never followed the Fed Cup before, so I don't know how it's all organized.

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Heh -- I've been noticing that with the audio in the stream as well. At first I thought maybe I was getting feedback through my speakers somehow. Then when I switched to headphones I realized it was in their end. You sort of hear the commentators 5-10 seconds ahead of the play, in the background; and then again in full volume as the video catches up.

Always happy to see the Canadians play, and especially happy when they're doing well. :D

I'm curious if Tetrault will be playing at all? Or if she's the backup in case of an injury? I've never followed the Fed Cup before, so I don't know how it's all organized.
It's basically up to who the captain thinks will win. No real system. Sometimes if the outcome is decided the less-good players go in...

Hayato
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:57 PM
I can HEAR the match going on between Rossana and Mariana, and I can see the line of people standing up watching it from the other court, and see them cheering, but I can't see the match :( :lol:

They're cheering PAR-A-GUAY!

iGOAT
Feb 6th, 2009, 11:59 PM
I can HEAR the match going on between Rossana and Mariana, and I can see the line of people standing up watching it from the other court, and see them cheering, but I can't see the match :( :lol:

They're cheering PAR-A-GUAY!
I know, it's treacherous :( Apparently CharlDa is there too :sad:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:02 AM
I know, it's treacherous :( Apparently CharlDa is there too :sad:

Maybe he'll borrow a cam and bring it over to the court and start commentating :lol:. He'll probobly do a better job :p.

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Maybe he'll borrow a cam and bring it over to the court and start commentating :lol:. He'll probobly do a better job :p.
Yeah :lol:

rileyman
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Gotcha -- thanks iSzavay. :)

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Gotcha -- thanks iSzavay. :)
Sure, no problem :)

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Rossana won!!! PARAGUAY through to the final!!!!!!!!

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Hmmmmmm, I'm glad Rosanna won, but still really sad at Cata :sad:

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Stream crashed :sad:

rileyman
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Humm... I thought the last thing I heard them say was "see you tomorrow". I think the stream stopping was intentional (ie. I'm not sure they plan on airing the doubles match). :eek:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:23 AM

Nice going RoRo and Paraguay!!! :D:bounce:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:24 AM

:hug: Thank god the clay season is coming up ;).

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:25 AM

:hug: Me too :sad: It was such a tough day for me, those 4 players are my favourite players in the world. :sad: I'm sure Catalina will pick it up in Bogota and on the clay circuit!!

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Photos from yesterday and Wednesday:

http://www.tenniscanada.com/FedCup/gallery/26.jpg
Castano and Duque Marino

http://www.tenniscanada.com/FedCup/gallery/20.jpg

http://www.tenniscanada.com/FedCup/gallery/15.jpg

http://www.tenniscanada.com/FedCup/gallery/07.jpg
Colombian team

http://www.tenniscanada.com/FedCup/gallery/08.jpg
Team Paraguay :lol:

http://www.tenniscanada.com/FedCup/gallery/13.jpg
Veronica Cepede

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 7th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Score was 7-6 7-5 for Rossana.

Sorry, I was watching doubles.

I did mention the audio problem to the team, they are looking to arrange it :)

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the result!

So the Semifinal results:

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/CAN.gif (1) Canada def. http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/PUR.gif Puerto Rico 3-0

Stephanie Dubois def. Monica Puig 6-2 6-1
Aleksandra Wozniak def. Jessica Roland-Rosario 6-3 6-1
Dubois/Fichman def. Puig/Roland-Rosario 6-0 6-0

"She's a junior, but she hits well," said Dubois, ranked 118th in the world. "I think I was even more aggressive this time and I served better and was taking balls earlier, so that's encouraging for the final. There were a few games that were tighter, but sometimes I was down 40-15 or 40-30 and came back and won them. She’s a junior who hits well, but I continued to play aggressively and play my game."
"I feel I played even better, tactically," Wozniak said. "I need more matches to get back my rhythm, so I thought it was a good match. I'm ready. I have something for Colombia because we lost against them (last year in the final). If we play them again, I hope we’ll take the opportunity and play our best and get to the World Group, because that’s where I want to be."
"These matches were a bit challenging for us because we thought we would win and we've been trying not to think ahead to Saturday, so I'm just glad to have them done and we can start concentrating on the final," said Canadian team captain Rene Collins. "The positive thing is we're well rested. We had a great training camp coming into it. I just look at it that these were a couple of practice matches. I think the girls did well. I think we'll be ready."

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/PAR.gif (4) Paraguay def. http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/COL.gif (2) Colombia 2-0

Veronica Cepede Royg def. Catalina Castaño 2-6 6-2 6-3
Rossana De Los Rios def. Mariana Duque Marino 7-6(4) 7-5

De los Rios, ranked 95th in the world, called her win over 104th ranked Duque Marino, "lucky, because it was so tight. In the first match, Veronica is a junior and she played really well - that was a big win. I know everyone on their (the Canadian) team from the tour, but we'll do our best and just keep thinking about our goal." she said.

I have a feeling Dubois will be a bit too much for Vero tomorrow, but Rossana has a chance against Wozniak. She was in hot form when Rossana beat her last time. It's safe to say Canada are the huge favourites for the match with the crowd too, but we will see what happens! FORZA PARAGUAY! :yeah: :hearts: :D

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 03:36 AM
Veronica Cepede Royg/Rossana De Los Rios (PAR) def. Catalina Castano/Mariana Duque-Marino (COL) 6-0 6-3

My 4 favourite players in the world.

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Veronica Cepede Royg/Rossana De Los Rios (PAR) def. Catalina Castano/Mariana Duque-Marino (COL) 6-0 6-3

My 4 favourite players in the world.
:awww:

Saralah.
Feb 7th, 2009, 04:52 AM
^ Mmmhhh, De Los Rios didn't play doubles today. The other girl did (Probably Isaura Enrique Aguilar, she's the only other player on Paraguay's list, lol). And she was quite good. We were like two people cheering for Paraguay, I felt so retarded when I was alone clapping when they made a point :lol: .
EDIT: oh, and Viky Nunez-Fuentes played instead of one of the two girls you mentionned for Colombia.
Sarahlah, will you be there the next days? If you see a tall, blondish guy, early twenties, with dark glasses, that takes pictures on the court of Stephanie and who is always walking aroung talking to everyone, that's me ;) Don't hesitate to come chat!
I was there today as well, and I'm supposed to be there tomorrow too. I'm not sure about tomorrow because I... forgot my tickets in my bag at CEGEP. I just hope I'll be able to pass with the errr relevé de carte de crédit of my mother and my tickets of the other days. If not, I'll cry :o, or I'll try to buy other tickets, even though I think there won't be any extras. If I'm able to enter, I'll be at C16 ;) (right above where the players sit to watch the game. lyk omg). I don't remember if I saw you the other days, but I'll be looking. I think I'll be too shy to talk to you, though :lol: .

Oh and I also got to say, my friend got Dubois' signature for me. I think my fangirlish attitude bored her, so she got it for me... I was so happy :lol: .

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 05:10 AM
^ Mmmhhh, De Los Rios didn't play doubles today. The other girl did (Probably Isaura Enrique Aguilar, she's the only other player on Paraguay's list, lol). And she was quite good. We were like two people cheering for Paraguay, I felt so retarded when I was alone clapping when they made a point :lol: .
EDIT: oh, and Viky Nunez-Fuentes played instead of one of the two girls you mentionned for Colombia.

I was there today as well, and I'm supposed to be there tomorrow too. I'm not sure about tomorrow because I... forgot my tickets in my bag at CEGEP. I just hope I'll be able to pass with the errr relevé de carte de crédit of my mother and my tickets of the other days. If not, I'll cry :o, or I'll try to buy other tickets, even though I think there won't be any extras. If I'm able to enter, I'll be at C16 ;) (right above where the players sit to watch the game. lyk omg). I don't remember if I saw you the other days, but I'll be looking. I think I'll be too shy to talk to you, though :lol: .

Oh and I also got to say, my friend got Dubois' signature for me. I think my fangirlish attitude bored her, so she got it for me... I was so happy :lol: .

Oh really? thanks for your insight! Aww you were cheering for Paraguay? :D :hug: I would have loved to have been there too! Were you able to take any photos? At least I feel a bit better now if I didn't miss that doubles match :lol: Tennis Canada must have got it wrong.

So it was probably Cepede/Enrique - Duque Marino/Nunez Fuentes. ? Or maybe Nunez Fuentes/Lizarazo. All these players are my friends on facebook :lol:

Hope you can go tomorrow! The final will be starting in 12 hours, 50 minutes from now! :D

Saralah.
Feb 7th, 2009, 05:34 AM
No pictures, sorry =(. I had my camera with me, but no batteries. Epic failure, I know :lol:. I'll try to take some tomorrow ;).

And yep, cheering for Paraguay from the beginning to the end. I never would have thought they'd win, they were alot younger than the Colombians. I'm pretty glad Paraguay won, I wanted to see a match between Wozniak and De Los Rios :D. Hopefuly that'll last for more than 45 minutes :rolleyes:.

Vincey!
Feb 7th, 2009, 08:08 AM
once again, pretty convincing wins :yeah: expected results for the canadian ;)

Good win for the Paraguay...I'm quite surprise to see the paragayan winning the double so easily though :eek:

kiel
Feb 7th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Some pics of brazilian girls in Fed Cup - Montreal. I take these pics from Roxane´s profile on Orkut(btw, she is a very nice girl):

kiel
Feb 7th, 2009, 04:08 PM
More pics:

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Randalara, can you post scores, I'm watching the Ancic-Herynch on livestream so I can't watch this, but would like to know the score :D

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Randalara, can you post scores, I'm watching the Ancic-Herynch on livestream so I can't watch this, but would like to know the score :D

Certainly :D I hope the right players win in both! Right now there seems to be a ceremony taking place.

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:08 PM
All the players and countries are out on the court. At least Catalina is smiling :hearts:

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks! Oh cool! Cata :hearts:

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Dubois *2-0

Vero seems a bit nervous :hug:

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Go Paraguay :bounce:

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Dubois *4-0 :(

Vero is just making errors. She hasn't settled in yet. But she was the same against Vaisemberg and Castano and won both those matches.

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Dubois 6-0. She hasn't lost a game all tournament!

Veronica had a chance in that last game to get on the board but the errors came again.

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Oh :(

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Dubois 6-0 *2-0 Cepede

Stephanie is just too strong. She is playing very clean tennis, barely making any errors. I just hope Veronica can at least get one game!

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Oh my god :help:

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I'm watching now :p

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:50 PM
A game :yippee:

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:51 PM
On the board! 6-0 *3-1

Well done Vero :hug: She gave a little smile :lol:

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:52 PM
CharlDa can you please tell them to turn up the court volume. You hear the umpire and linesmen but not the players at all :unsure:

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:55 PM
6-0 4-1*

Missed BP in that game. The scoreline is a little unfair :( Vero is not playing like a 1000+ ranked Brie Whitehead kind of player. But Dubois is just putting everything away and cleaning the lines.

Can someone tell me why Colombia is in the relegation match and Brazil isn't? :weirdo: Colombia beat Brazil!

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:57 PM
:sad:

Brazil is in relegation too. It's Colombia-Bahamas and Brazil-Puerto Rico

MaxQue
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:58 PM
There will be two relegations. The loser of the match Brazil-Puerto Rico and the loser of Bahamas-Colombia.

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Dubois 6-0 *5-1

:zzz: Vero :( 30-15 in that game and 2 errors. Deuce. Error. Game.

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:59 PM
There will be two relegations. The loser of the match Brazil-Puerto Rico and the loser of Bahamas-Colombia.

What so Venezuela will still be in Zone I next year??

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 07:00 PM
this lady is the worst commentator ever :help:

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Canada lead 1-0

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8272/verdubsm7.jpg
Dubois def. Cepede 6-0 6-1

:sad: I guess nothing surprising here. The second set could have been something like 6-3 or 6-4 if Veronica had made the most of her chances. Anyway, come on Rossana!!

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 07:09 PM
this lady is the worst commentator ever :help:

Tell me about it :o Thank god we'll never have to listen to her again, God be willing. I want to permanently mute it but I don't want to miss out on hearing the score update on the other courts. Does you streaming keep freezing? I barely ever get to watch a point in full because it keeps pausing and stopping and starting.

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Tell me about it :o Thank god we'll never have to listen to her again, God be willing. I want to permanently mute it but I don't want to miss out on hearing the score update on the other courts. Does you streaming keep freezing? I barely ever get to watch a point in full because it keeps pausing and stopping and starting.
Oh mine is good. I really hope Rosi can win :bounce:

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Oh mine is good. I really hope Rosi can win :bounce:

Lucky you! I really hope she can too :awww:

Wozniak-De Los Rios *1-1

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Wozniak 2-1*

Rossana misses a BP and 0-30 and open court opportunity.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 7th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Cmooon RORO!

Hello Ben and the rest of the peeps in here :wavey::bounce:. Hey Ben, isn't it like 4:45 am in Austalia! :lol:;)

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Cmooon RORO!

Hello Ben and the rest of the peeps in here :wavey::bounce:. Hey Ben, isn't it like 4:45 am in Austalia! :lol:;)

Hey Heath! :bigwave: I set my alarm for 6 am :lol: It's almost 8 am now. I may go back to sleep after this is over :lol:

Hopefully your presence will give Rossana a psychological boost, she's down 4-1* in the first set :(

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 07:50 PM
*5-1 Wozniak

Snoozefest :zzz: Any game that gets remotely close, the Canadians win.

Paraguay not bringing their game to the court today.

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Oh Rosanna :sad: Not playing well :awww:

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 07:53 PM
6-1

What a frustrating match :mad: So many mid-opportunities in most of those games and Rossana blew all her chances. I guess this tie is over :o

Rossana :(

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 07:58 PM
AGAIN blowing an early lead in the game and losing it! :rolleyes:

Scoreline sucks. I wish I could watch a point in full too. It just updates every 4 seconds or something.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 7th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Cmoooon Rossana !!! Please try and pick it up in the 2nd :bounce:. Ben, your a very dedicated fan for gettung up so early on a sunday! :worship:

iGOAT
Feb 7th, 2009, 08:04 PM
This is fucking absurd from RoRo. If I didn't know I would think Roland-Rosario was ranked higher than her based off their two matches.

Hayato
Feb 7th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Cmoooon Rossana !!! Please try and pick it up in the 2nd :bounce:. Ben, your a very dedicated fan for gettung up so early on a sunday! :worship:

I know. Don't ask me why :help: This match is a real fizzer. Rossana's not playing well at all and i'm a bit embarassed for her.

I just wish she would find a burst of energy and play as well as we know she can! :armed: Instead of another 6-1 6-0 loss or something boring. This is supposed to be the final!