PDA

View Full Version : I'm playing tournaments in the next weeks...

Petkorazzi
Sep 28th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Tomorrow is the first tourney. :scared: :scared:

Match tomorrow 3 PM my time, wish me luck. :scared: :scared: :scared:

Petkorazzi
Sep 29th, 2008, 03:40 PM
62 63 :bounce:

Tomorrow 1st match vs top seed, expect a 61 60 if not a DB. :o

Dodoboy.
Sep 29th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Good luck!

Just fucking believe! You should never think you are going to lose!

If i was playing Serena Williams i would still go out there like it is my match to lose!

You can do it!

Petkorazzi
Sep 30th, 2008, 09:51 AM
16 06.. As I predicted :shrug: But I played a lot better than yesterday, I had a total fo 10 GP/BP in the 1st excluding the game I won, just that I'm too fragile to play those points like the others. :shrug: :sad: On one I had the simplest smash in the world, I dunno why I hit it so softly. :sad:

Tomorrow another winable match. :bounce:

Petkorazzi
Oct 1st, 2008, 11:23 AM
75 62 :drive: :hearts:

I broke for 1-0, but then got broken. :o Then we went on serve till 5-5 when I broke and served out to love! :D :D

in the 2nd, I lead 2-0, and I was in total control of everything, but then that bitch started to complain about the rain but it wasnt that hard, no match was postphoned so till the referee came and said to continue, like 10 min passed and I lost my momentum. :weirdo: So he came back to 2-2 and had a GP, but I broke, and never looked back. :cool:

Tomorrow another winable match aswell! :D

Renalicious
Oct 1st, 2008, 03:40 PM
WD. :) I don't get people who get beat down... :scared: if you believe you will lose you will. :p GL for your next match.

Petkorazzi
Oct 1st, 2008, 07:41 PM
I don't believe I shall lose, I don't believe that with my game I can beat the good opponents, but who knows what can happen. :shrug:

Renalicious
Oct 3rd, 2008, 05:20 AM
How did your match go?

I played a match yesterday and when I came down to go to the car I realised that the racket I normally used was in my brother's car, and he had taken off for Uni. So I had to use some crap racket that was nasty. :o Everytime I hit, it would vibrate way too wildly and I just couldn't hit it at all. I ended up losing 6-2, 6-4 but I gave one hell of a fight and played the most defensively I've ever played in my life...I probably hit 2 winners in the whole thing. It was sad, because I knew I could have won with my racket. :o

Today I played again (with my normal racket). Felt wayyy better, won 6-2, 6-0. I hate playing defensively so it was nice to hit harder and hit winners today.

Petkorazzi
Oct 3rd, 2008, 06:33 AM
My match went :weirdo:. I've never felt so bad in all my life, that's all I'm gonna say.

Petkorazzi
Oct 6th, 2008, 06:38 AM
2nd tourney, match at 4 PM. :)

Renalicious
Oct 6th, 2008, 11:31 AM
:) GL.

I played two matches today.

First match was the worst match I've ever played. It was doubles and me and my partner couldn't keep like, one single ball in. It was horrendous. Our opponents were actually really bad so it was a really embarassing loss. It was all us. missed smashes, volleys, and just...yucky errors. I hit 2 missed smashes and a stupid volley all in a row in one game. :weirdo: 6-0, 6-1. Our goal was to get one games at 6-0, 5-0 so at least we got that. :weirdo: No excuses but I was shaking a lot and getting dizzy so I couldn't concentrate...but whatevs...

Second match was singles and played the #1 seed who was sooooooooo good omg I was so surprised how good he was. He had a MASSIVE forehand. He hit that with HEAVY topspin and huge power, and could hit in ANYWHERE in the court. His backhand however was very weak and attackable. He preferred to slice. Serve was really good and explosive, although the second serve was reasonably attackable. Anyway, after some energy drinks and tea I came out onto court as a heavy underdog...not only would I be the underdog anway, but with the horrible doubles display earlier...no one really expected me to pull this out.

I started out okay but he just overpowered me. I went down 0-3 after some close games and missed opportunities. I started hitting more to his backhand and allowed him to only hit 1 or 2 forehands the whole time until I was up 4-3. Nearly all the games went to deuce so I was really tired. I let my foot off the accelerator a little bit and allowed him to go up 5-4, with 2 set points. However he hit a forehand error and a double fault and then I hit a running forehand passing shot to get that game. Then we traded games and went to the tiebreak. It was error filled and no one really hit any winners but however I was able to get more balls back, so I won it 7-4.

Second set, he was dead tired but managed to still make it competitive. We traded breaks until 4-4 until I broke then served it out, ending it with another running forehand down the line.

Overall happy with this win. (Score: 7-6 (4), 6-4) very tough. Luckily he started making errors on important moments. However really need to step up my serving. Served at least 8 DFs. :o :)

Petkorazzi
Oct 6th, 2008, 04:48 PM
OMG well done :hearts: :hearts:

Well done to myself too! :hearts:

I won the 1st match 64 61, the boy was such a good claycourter, thank God this is on hard! :speakles: Went down 0-2 with shitty errors, then came back to 4-2, usual brainfart till 4-4 but perfect match after that. :speakles: :D:D:D:D

Then they made me start my other match, cause this boy was added late to the round robin so I had to play him. :p He is 2 years smaller, but really good. So it went so, 1-0, 1-2, 2-3, 4-3 40-15 choked :weirdo:, 4-5 and 3 40-advs, and I save them!!! :hearts: On one I reached what I'd call a really dead drop volley, I just dont know how I found the power to not only reach it, but to make a perfect lob! :eek: :hearts:

Then I had *15-40 at 5-5, but I wasted them and I got all :fiery:. But I managed to hold to 15 to force the TB. Went down 0-2* and he had a short ball on the forehand, but I chased it down and hit a winner on the wrong foot. :) So it was 3-3, 4-3 for me, 5-4 for me, 5-6 for him, another SP saved. :D And finally 8-6 for me! :banana: :banana: :banana:

We'll continue the 2nd set tomorrow...

Renalicious
Oct 6th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Wow well done! :inlove: Go us lol.

You won the first set 8-6? :eek: Why didn't you just play a tiebreak :speakles: :lol:

Petkorazzi
Oct 6th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Read it well, it's the TB score update. :p

Renalicious
Oct 7th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Lol soz :p

Petkorazzi
Oct 7th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Won the 1st match 76 64, had a short ball at 54 40-30 but went a bit out, won 7-4 in TB *Phew*. 2nd set I led 40, 52, thank god i closed it out. :rolleyes:

But i lost the match from the other day, 76 26 4-7 in 3rd set TB. :sad:

Renalicious
Oct 7th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Same scoreline that I had the other day. :hearts:

:hug: Wow sounds like a tough match. Tough luck...

Dodoboy.
Oct 9th, 2008, 08:32 PM
... hows it going

Hele.
Oct 9th, 2008, 09:36 PM
yeah, how is it going?

i will play match tomorrow. :scared:
wish you all good luck.

yesterday also played match. won 6-2 7-5.
in first set i had control. was 3-0, than wasted some opportunityes for 4-1 and there was 3-2. after that i took control and won 4 games in a row. 6-2 1-0. but than started problems. i really don't know what happening but i just started missing easy shots, i couldn't hit 1st serve into court. i was 2-3 down, and then lead 4-3. i had break pts for 5-3 but wasted. in next game on my serve i had 40-0. wasted! :hysteric: so, i was 4-5 down. i stoped atacking her serves and tried with long points. i had BP, again wasted. than she had SP, but luckly made double fault. but first serve had to be ace, was so close :scared:. at 5-5 i saved 15-40 and than very fast closed it out. finaly score 6-2 7-5 :banana:. tomorrow playing aginst girl who won against my yesterday opponent 6-3 6-1 last week. :scared:
i beleive i can win but...:unsure:
good luck to all!
:wavey:

Petkorazzi
Oct 11th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I won 7th place. :) Too lazy to write down the story, so I ended with a 4:3 balance, but cause my group had more players than the other, I ended up playing for 7th place only.

Kevin.
Oct 11th, 2008, 04:16 PM
:) congrats!

did you get my PM?

Petkorazzi
Oct 11th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Oh yeah, I'll try to send new points tomorrow. :D

But I can't enter games forum anymore, I guess I've matured. :eek:

Kevin.
Oct 11th, 2008, 08:48 PM
ok good i didnt want to retire you and Ekaterine :)

why cant you enter?

Petkorazzi
Apr 3rd, 2009, 04:03 PM
Season starting monday. :scared:

Anyone got an ideas on how to prepare for it? I am getting more and more nervous daily. :sobbing:

hellas719
Apr 3rd, 2009, 11:02 PM
I think badminton is a good way to train. It helps your footwork a lot. I've been taking badminton in gym lately;)
What are your weaknesses?

Renalicious
Apr 4th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Oh my goodness, don't do badminton. :scared: (sorry), but personally everytime I play badminton and tennis after, my tennis sucks like utter crap because the strokes are different.

I think the best way to prepare is to simply play as much tennis as you can in a match situation. :shrug: Just remember the simple reminders - look at the ball, bend your knees, open your swing etc etc... :)

Petkorazzi
Apr 4th, 2009, 07:10 AM
I play badminton twice a week in school :) And it really helps me in learning the one-handed backhand. :eek: Now I can hit the single handed almost as well as the double handed. :)

Thanks Renalicious (what's your name btw? :lol:)

Any ideas on how to be PATIENT??!!! :rolleyes:

Petkorazzi
Apr 4th, 2009, 07:11 AM
I think badminton is a good way to train. It helps your footwork a lot. I've been taking badminton in gym lately;)
What are your weaknesses?
Weakness is patience :shrug: And volleys + smash :p

Renalicious
Apr 4th, 2009, 04:31 PM
My name is Fred. :p

Petkorazzi
Apr 4th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Cool :D

I am worrying more and more. :sobbing:

Tomorrow I'll practice a lot. :)

wales1994
Apr 4th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Don't worry about matches :lol: what level of tennis are you at? Where do you live?

My advice is to do fitness all day because with me if im phyically ready i can do anything :D ;)

Petkorazzi
Apr 4th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Puhlease, me and fitness? :tape:

I play pretty well I guess :shrug: I live in Georgia. :)

wales1994
Apr 4th, 2009, 07:42 PM
:D No what i meant was like what rankning are you do you get rated in USTA How old are you?

Because i'm 14 but tennis wise i can out hit thew best players in my club but i just haven't got a brain on a tennis court :fiery: I'm a 9.2 in LTA but i could've won so many more matches :@ :lol:

Petkorazzi
Apr 4th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Georgia the country :p Far far away from US. ;) I scaled myself once on the USTA graph, 4.5 maybe? i dont remember.

I have two HUGE weapons on court, brain and defensive dropshots + lobs. :speakles:

manutoo
Apr 4th, 2009, 09:24 PM
since when is a dropshot and lob a huge weapon :tape: :spit:

Petkorazzi
Apr 5th, 2009, 06:02 AM
It actually is a HUGE weapon in juniors.

Petkorazzi
Apr 5th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I got the biggest pusher around, amaze.:):o

Renalicious
Apr 5th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Good for hitting practice. :)

Petkorazzi
Apr 5th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Bad for winning matches! :(

I've been searching for some tips to beat pushers for an hour. :o :) Got some interesting tips. :angel:

manutoo
Apr 5th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Pushers can be tough to beat if you overhit alot but if you don't they are actually very easy opponets.

Hit a good deep forehand to their backhand and come to the net more often. Even if your not used to the net you should be able to volley since the balls arent coming with much paste. Just make sure your approach shots are decent and deep so he cant lob or hit a ball at your feet.

If that does not work then pull him into net with short angles or dropshots and make him come to the net where hes not comfortable.

Or you can just push back and see if you can outlast him goodluck

Petkorazzi
Apr 6th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I suck. :)

Renalicious
Apr 6th, 2009, 10:10 AM
What happened? Or are you just saying that for the sake of saying it. :p

Petkorazzi
Apr 6th, 2009, 10:13 AM
No, I am a choking brainless idiot. :)

Petkorazzi
Apr 7th, 2009, 08:57 AM
6-1 6-1.

Just :drool:.

Petkorazzi
Apr 9th, 2009, 06:21 AM
0&0 yesterday. :smoke:

Petkorazzi
Apr 10th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I fucking won saving 4 MPs. :worship: :speakles:

For once, I didn't give up and it worked.

Renalicious
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:25 AM
:bowdown:

Saving MPs is the best feeling. :bowdown: But it becomes the worst feeling when you save MPs, have some of your own and then lose the match. :o

Ben.
Apr 10th, 2009, 11:54 AM
It's even better when you save match points with winners :drool: I've saved match points before with passing shot winners :D but the times I've saved the match points I still end up losing the match :spit: :lol:

Petkorazzi
Apr 10th, 2009, 12:06 PM
:lol: It's easier to just go for everything down MP and hit a winner. Then things can turn around, but I couldn't risk hitting a winner as everything I hit was going out. :o So I had to construct points really well till I attacked.

Droolv
Apr 10th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Gigi = GOAT :bowdown:

Renalicious
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:44 PM
:lol: .

Hitting a winner to save MP is too hard. I find that playing safe is a better tactic. :p

Petkorazzi
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:56 PM
:lol: .

Hitting a winner to save MP is too hard. I find that playing safe is a better tactic. :p
Yeah cause most of the time you miss it cause you worry a lot. If it enters though, it may be a HUGE confidence booster, saying at 5-6 in the tiebreak ;)

It's easier to just go for broke and hit a winner down MP and play your normal game, either push or construct points accurately. ;)

Ben.
Apr 11th, 2009, 12:50 AM
The MPs I saved I placed the ball short in the middle of the court and drew my opponent towards the net, hence hitting the passing shot winners. So I guess I did construct the points :lol:

Petkorazzi
Apr 12th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Oh fuck. :(

I play the boy who took bronze this week tomorrow at 9. :tears:

But he's not that strong :unsure: He has just that HUGE topspin forehand. :speakles:

Renalicious
Apr 13th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Good luck. :unsure:

hellas719
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Go gigi!:rocker:

Renalicious
Apr 13th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Urgh I'm so bored. I wish I could play a tournament right now. :sad: I'M SO BOREDD!! :sobbing:

Droolv
Apr 13th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Go Gigi :rocker2:

Yeah same, haven't played a match in like two weeks. :tears:

Renalicious are you playing winter pennants? :p

Renalicious
Apr 13th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Nope. :sad:

Petkorazzi
Apr 13th, 2009, 07:49 PM
If there were 2 kinds of people, normal ones and idiotic mental midgets, i'd probably be in the second group. :wavey:

Petkorazzi
May 1st, 2009, 03:25 PM
Wow, for once I had luck. :)

I ended 5th in a 32 draw tourney :eek: All the best ones played here. I had a bye in R1, played an amazing match considering my struggling and chokes on clay and I won 60 61 in R2, then I lost 61 60 in the quarterfinals to the #1 in the country but the scoreline should have been something like 62 61 :( And then I got two walkovers from stronger opponents and I ended on 5th place :woohoo: Ranking points :drool: I'm #9 this week, this may put me in top 5 :eek: