PDA

View Full Version : Stuttgart 2008

hellas719
Sep 28th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Eleni is in the MD! I just found out about it today when I saw the draw. Tobi said that she wasn't on the list. She will play Alona Bondarenko in R1. Doubles draw isn't out yet.

Dorien.
Sep 28th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Ooh Why is she playing the most difficult tournament? :unsure:
It will be hard in the first round but good luck Eleni :)

Bероника
Sep 29th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Good luck,Eleni!! :kiss:

She plays her first round today according to wta site:

Court 1 (from 12.30hrs)
1. Zahlavova vs. Brianti (Singles Q Final)
2. K.Bondarenko vs. Hradecka (Singles Q Final)
3. Errani vs. Zahlavova Strycova (Singles Q Final)
4. Daniilidou vs. A.Bondarenko

Dorien.
Sep 29th, 2008, 02:38 PM
ooh thanks, i didn't noticed that she plays already today. Good luck Eleni!

Dorien.
Sep 29th, 2008, 02:41 PM
She isn't playing doubles. Jasmin is playing doubles with Petkovic :confused:

Dorien.
Sep 29th, 2008, 06:21 PM
She lost 7-6(5) 6-1. But i'm suprised about the result. So close in the first set, it's a bit sad she couldn't take the first.

Bероника
Sep 29th, 2008, 06:23 PM
yeah,I just saw it,I'm surprised too it was so close in the first.I think it's an improvement from last tourneys where she was getting those awful results :tape:

Keep fighting,greek goddess!!! :kiss:

hellas719
Sep 29th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Great Eleni performance, even though she lost. She played much better than any other match since her comeback.

hellas719
Sep 29th, 2008, 07:03 PM
She isn't playing doubles. Jasmin is playing doubles with Petkovic :confused:
That's so dumb. The Greek federation(EFOA) gave Jasmin a singles qualifying wildcard in Athens, but Eleni isn't playing dubbs in Stuttgart? Maybe Eleni didn't want to play, but if she did then that's just not fair.

merda2004
Sep 30th, 2008, 07:41 AM
eleni got a wild card...(wonder why)!!!????thats why she was in the main draw...the result is the same...another loss for eleni...yea it was very close in the first set but alona won 5 straight points and took the first set...eleni must learn how to close games and win sets!!!

forever_rafter
Sep 30th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I can see improvement and I'm happy about it. Not bad Eleni, not bad at all. Keep fighting girl, you are on the right path.

merda2004
Sep 30th, 2008, 01:05 PM
i will accept that she is improving when she wins and wins big time!!!also she should start making the right decisions....like taking part in a tier 3 or tier 4 tournament and not tier 1 or 2 which she will play and get out in round 1...she needs to play more games (she said that) the right thing is to play a less prestigious tournament in order to have chances of getting further than round 1...
hope u understand what i am trying to say...
thats why i am keep saying she needs to make the right decisions and get people around her that will push her and make her be a better player!!! the most important thing when u r a fan is not to be biased for one or the other reason!!!

hellas719
Sep 30th, 2008, 02:55 PM
i will accept that she is improving when she wins and wins big time!!!also she should start making the right decisions....like taking part in a tier 3 or tier 4 tournament and not tier 1 or 2 which she will play and get out in round 1...she needs to play more games (she said that) the right thing is to play a less prestigious tournament in order to have chances of getting further than round 1...
hope u understand what i am trying to say...
thats why i am keep saying she needs to make the right decisions and get people around her that will push her and make her be a better player!!! the most important thing when u r a fan is not to be biased for one or the other reason!!!

Yeah. She should've played Tashkent.