PDA

View Full Version : GMT - Board Election (read post #1 before voting!)

Poiree
Sep 25th, 2008, 08:13 PM
The election will unfortunately be repeated, because after the poll closed we got evidence that some people were asking for votes

Election
Vote Now!

You MUST vote for 3 people (if you vote for more or less than that your vote won't be counted at all), but may not vote for yourself or ask other posters to vote for you. Please also give a reason for your nomination. If there is any evidence that you did ask for votes, you will automatically be disqualified!!!

If you have been asked to vote please say. This is only a game and cheating ruins it for others.

http://i32.tinypic.com/2cib3ag.png

As the 1st season of GMT comes to an end being a ‘democratic game’ we feel that the graphics maker’s should be able to elect their dictators Board Members. So we will hold elections to decide the new board.

What does the board do?
Basically they do all the boring stuff of running tournaments, checking the scoring is correct, updating the rankings, looking to improve the game and trying to ensure the voting is as fair as possible. Occasionally they also need to make an executive decision on one thing or another. Anyone can enter, you don’t even have to compete in GMT. But you do have to be able to make a decision if you need to and be as unbiased as possible. You don’t have to live at your computer all day long but it is useful if you are around once or twice a day.

Once the new board has been elected they will take over their new role at AO next season. There 1st taks is to write a clear set of rules for the game, which it is currently lacking, so bear this in mind when you apply.

Who has a right to vote?
Only posters who have taken part in GMT, ran a tournament or a duel or are regular voters here (voted more than 2 times). If you are not among those, your vote won't be counted.

Applicants:

Tzar (Jeronimo)
I can say i improved pretty much graphic making and that soon i loved making graphics. The idea of GMT Tour was mine. I did schedules. I did rules. I did first tournament. I tell people to join. Pretty Much I've done A LOT for this game, and i think i deserve to keep being part of the board, because this game is where it is in part by me.

Poiree (Vanja/Natasa)
I (along with Gigi and Jeronimo) am a founder of this game. I have been the board member since the game began. I enjoy running tournaments and GMT is my favourite game on this site. I would also like to help make this game more popular. I ran the most tournaments this season (RG, Olympics and USO) and I didn't get a lot of complaints so I guess people liked the way I managed it. I would also like to help create some new rules which will help avoid confusion in GMT in the future

5ean (Sean)
I really love the game; ever since following a link in Poiree’s sig I’ve been frankly addicted to it. Being a BM is just my way of helping out I suppose. I find running the tournaments and setting tasks just as fun as making the graphics. I’ve only been on the board a few months, and am still loving it. Ever since I got Internet on my phone I’m basically online 24/7 so I am around to post the new sets and help sort things out. Since I joined the game I not only vote in every round but also send out a stupid amount of PMs to people getting them to vote too. I ran Fed Cup, which had the most participants of any GMT tournament ever, and had no complaints so I guess that was good. I still have loads of ideas on how to improve the game that I want to start from next year, so I hope to be on the board then :)

Maryamator (Maryam)
I love helping. other than that i love graphics and everything to do with them, and i think i could help out GMT. As most of you have seen i ran the US Open and also a few duels , and so far i havent gotten any complaints, or into fights while i was running the tournament. Maybe matches where delayed a few hours but i did my best to post the matches on time. I think i have experience in running tournaments and organizing, and extracting people to GMT, and mostly i am fair, and that is why people should vote for me :)

Droolv. (Andrew)
I reckon I should be a board member because I'm fair and not rig the deicisions in mine or anyone elses favour. Also as number 3 graphic maker, I think I should have the previlage to be a board member like the girls and Jero. I would love to be a board member to help transform and run the game GMT more smoothly, posting graphics on time and helping explain and premote the games to others.
Former applicant, veteran player, FO finalist

Andreas (Andreas)
I feel like I'm already helping a lot in GMT, asking people to vote and running tournaments/matches. I like setting tasks and doing them as well. Whenever I log on tennisforum, I always check GMT as one of the first things. You should vote for me, if you would like a board member, who always does things in good time, will update things regularly and who just really enjoys what he is doing.

Heart (Kristin)
i've been into graphics since i got ps and it took most of my time since then :) i come to this site regularly too, i've been an active player of some games here and ran a few of them. though i haven't won any tourney (and i know that winning any wont affect an applicant's credentials) i can assure that i can meet the board's demanding needs. Poiree is the only girl member in the board so i think there should be balance..and yeah i know i have what it takes to be a board memmber so why not give it a shot :devil:

Geo Tennis Fan (Gigi)
:shrug: I just like making graphics, so I think I could do a nice job here, + making ranks isn't sth new for me :). I think I did a pretty good jov in the first GMT championship last year with poiree. :kiss::D

Vote Now!

You MUST vote for 3 people, but may not vote for yourself. Please also give a reason for your nomination

Deadline: 27/09/08, 20.00 GMT
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

VIKA?
Sep 25th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I voted for Poiree and Tzar ... again:p

Poiree
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I voted for Poiree and Tzar ... again:p

I can't count your votes because of this!

You MUST vote for 3 people (if you vote for more or less than that your vote won't be counted at all)

Willam
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Wllm2. Olvidalo wllm2, al parecr no s facil ntnder q l ingles no s l primr idioma d muxos, y q n todos pued hablr prfectamnt jajaaj.. prdon sin ofndrt obvio no? ;)

haha. ps. ql s tu nombr?

Bartosh
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Poiree, Gigi, Maryamator ;)

Poiree
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Wllm2, debes elegir a otra persona ;) Simplemente postea quien y ya, estoy seguro que Poiree lo contara jeje. si necesitas saber algo mas dimeloo :).

PS. Cual es tu nombre?

disculpa, pero no voy a hacerlo. Las reglas son las reglas ;)

Petkorazzi
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:22 PM
:haha:

Willam
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Wllm2. Olvidalo wllm2, al parecr no s facil ntnder q l ingles no s l primr idioma d muxos, y q n todos pued hablr prfectamnt jajaaj.. prdon sin ofndrt obvio no? ;)

haha. ps. ql s tu nombr?

jodeeeeeeeeeeeeer machoooooooo! :lol: iwal q ya psteoo q m voy del juegitoo st no.. sk no kro q tntoo lioo y rolloo y xuxaa vlgan la pnaa! y al parcr la gnt no reconoc todo lo q ioo hic aki asi q noo.. no lo valen!.. :) DEWWW :)

Jovana.
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Poiree - coz she's an amazing graphic maker,does things in photoshop I never thought were possible :lol: also did a great job in running tournaments :)

Geo Tennis fan - one of the founders, thought me a lot of things in PS :awww:

heart - her graphics are more amazing every second :hug:

zvonarevarulz
I nominate:

Poiree: Do I really need to give a reason? Ur amazing:hearts:
Geo Tennis Fan: :kiss: He helped me get started:D And is overall just an amazing person:hug:
Droolv: LOVE his graphics, and is a really nice person:kiss:

heart
:speakles:

i didnt ask anyone to vote for me? :awww:

Daniela-Is-Mine
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I vote

Poiree
5ean
Geo Tennis Fan

Are the on the most ourt of all the rest

Droolv
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Poiree/Tzar/5ean again :lol:

Golovinjured.
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:57 PM
I voted :)

Poiree - because you are graphics goddesses :inlove:
Gigi - just because :shrug:
Droolv - because he's cool, and a Kirilenko fan, and a Stosur fan, and just rocks. :shrug:

Who was asking for votes? :haha:

Medina
Sep 26th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Poiree: Youve done a great job thus far, and amazing graphic maker
Marymator: Im confident with her, she can run tournaments good. And will be commited
Droolv.: I simply chose him becuase he is a great game runner, and is always on time.

Effy
Sep 26th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Poiree
5ean
Gigi

Golovinjured.
Sep 26th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Really, who was asking for votes? :tape:

Bartosh
Sep 26th, 2008, 07:16 AM
I think only Jero (Tzar) could do it :lol:

Sean.
Sep 26th, 2008, 07:17 AM
We chose not to reveal that, so they had a fair chance.

Love your sig btw

Golovinjured.
Sep 26th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks ;)

Comparing these votes to the last set of votes, it looks like it was Jero :tape: Was it? Was he the only one?

Maryamator
Sep 26th, 2008, 10:54 AM
people who asked for voted should have been disqualified..
anyway:)
poiree
sean
andreas.

I think gigi would make an amazing job:worship: buti havent seen him run a tournament yet:sad: but overall ur really awesome and one of the first people to visit my graphics thread:worship:

Oizo
Sep 26th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Poiree - They make awesome stuff

5ean - I like his work very much too

Geo Tennis Fan - Want to see more of his work

Poiree
Sep 26th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Gigi - he got the idea for the competition in the first place

Maryamator - great game runner, she showed it in the past

Andreas - he is often around, voting, updating the scores, etc...

.Andrew.
Sep 27th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Poiree - Amazing graphic maker and is totally responsible. When they made graphics for me, they were always so respectful even when I annoyed them too much with my requests! :lol: I know at least one of every voter will vote for poiree :yeah:

Geo Tennis Fan - If he is an original, he should still be a leader. :p Plus I know Gigi will do a great job + he makes great graphics :yeah:

Maryamator - Graphic are underrated IMO. Makes awesome graphics and seems like could make a great leader. :yeah: (I still have that Novak avie you made me from Indian Wells. :p)

I wish I could vote for all of you. :awww: :hug:

Poiree
Sep 27th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Election Results

The 2009 GMT Board has been elected. The (new) board members are:

Poiree 84%
Geo Tennis Fan 60%
5ean 52%

This board will start its term officially in January 2009. Their first task will be to define clear rules for the game. The new rules will take effect from the next season.

Petkorazzi
Sep 28th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Congrats Poiree & Sean. :)

:hug: to all who couldn't win.

domon17th
Sep 28th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Continue to make great graphics guys! Enjoy this game a lot especially wowed by the talents here. To the new board members, keep it up!

VIKA?
Oct 1st, 2008, 07:55 PM

haha. ps. ql s tu nombr?

jajaja trankilo no me molesta...simplemente eske no me acordava de lo de votar a 3 personas i ia

y me llamo William:p