PDA

View Full Version : Bejing R2: (2)Ana Ivanovic def. Alize Cornet 61 76

Josh.
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Ana :sobbing: Glad you held it together.

SOA_MC
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Yay!!! A wins a win right now

InsideOut.
:sobbing: First QF since RG!!! I'm so happy! :crying2:

Vintage Ana in tiebreak despite shoddy second set. :)

Ben.
Ana :bounce: excellent win :yeah:
Now take down Zheng :devil:

Nikkiri
Really shouldn't have let it get to a TB but finally Ana wins a match :lol:

Bruno71
The worst match I've seen this year. Oh, the humanity.

Well done anyway, Ana :shrug:

Davodus
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:43 AM
good work ana

nearly choked it away letting alize serve for the set

but got it together winning 11 of the last 13 points

InsideOut.
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:43 AM

I've seen worse. Jankovic-Arvidsson at USO, for instance, and Safina-Kanepi at PPO. SPRAYING with errors :rolleyes:

HenryMag.
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Is there any strong clay challenger anywhere??

Because with that FH, Alize needs to go there :help:

nestor_bgd
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:45 AM

So, you missed the match JJ played yesterday? :tape:

Ana was amazing. Lack of matches made her run out of gas on 3-1, but playing more matches will take care of it. :bounce:
AJDE Ana!!!

gaviotabr
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Great Ana!! I didn't see it, might not have been the best match ever, but she desperately needed a win, so really great! I can only hope this win helps her confidence.

Ana is usually very good in tie breaks. This is her 7th this season, and her 6th win.

M.S.F
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Alize :o

How can you lose in straight sets :rolleyes:

Anyway Jie is next :devil:

Thanos
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:47 AM
ana played great in the first set. Was hitting that forehand like she use too. She was playing very aggressive trying to come into the net all the time. Second set she lost confidence and started just rallying with cornet.

At least she won!:yeah:

sammy01
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:47 AM
its a win, but ivanovic will gain no confidence from this as she played bad tennis for the most part. cornet was aweful and looks spent (though i think shes totaly over-hyped anyway). i think jie is a heavy favourite for the qtr final.

not good at all.

Effy
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:49 AM
i thought better of Cornet :lol: well done Ivanovic :)

nestor_bgd
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Alize :o

How can you lose in straight sets against this bitch :rolleyes:

Anyway Jie is next :devil:

You should have seen it. :bounce:
Anyway, how come you were not banned by now? :tape:

InsideOut.
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Great Ana!! I didn't see it, might not have been the best match ever, but she desperately needed a win, so really great! I can only hope this win helps her confidence.

Ana is usually very good in tie breaks. This is her 7th this season, and her 6th win.

:worship:

sammy01
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:52 AM
So, you missed the match JJ played yesterday? :tape:

Ana was amazing. Lack of matches made her run out of gas on 3-1, but playing more matches will take care of it. :bounce:
AJDE Ana!!!

you are either delusional or have very very low standards if that was amazing? :o

InsideOut.
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:55 AM
you are either delusional or have very very low standards if that was amazing? :o

She was pretty amazing in the 5-6 game and in the tiebreak :shrug:

nestor_bgd
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:56 AM

Well, if you say so!

But watching Ana hitting like she did most of the match after such a bad after injury period was amazing to me.

Nikkiri
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Ana played pretty well in parts first set and the TB, Cornet though was pretty much awful yeah. But really it wasn't that bad a match. :shrug: Ana needed this win it will be a big help to her.

Iceland
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Yes, it wasn't that bad. Alizé was pathetic in the first set but managed to play in her standards at some points of the second set. She really has a lot to work on to be a dangerous player on hard though. Ana on the other side was pretty good except on key points, too many mistakes on return for example. Glad that she regrouped to win in straights :yeah:. Well done! :D
Of course you would expect more from a match between top 5 and top 20 player, but the level is typical of what offers WTA these days.

But Jie is now a tougher player for Ana since she plays extremely fast (excellent movement, taking the ball early, hitting flat). Ana will have less time to construct her points and this is in these kinds of situation that she plays the worst.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Yay, finally a decent win :)

nabfunky
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:08 AM
did she really have to scream at the top of her lungs for the first four points of the tb? i mean, really? :rolleyes: poor alize's eardrums must have burst.

well, this seals it. i've never been a fan of this over-rated "player" but her behaviour on court today was crass and appalling. i will now be rooting whole-heartedly against her every match she plays.

ajde, zheng!

Bruno71
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I'd say maybe 2 or 3 games of this match were passable. It's not a knock against Ana or Alize per se, but it was just strewn with errors. Sorry anyone like mure felt they had to badrep me for an opinion.

SOA_MC
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:11 AM
did she really have to scream at the top of her lungs for the first four points of the tb? i mean, really? :rolleyes: poor alize's eardrums must have burst.

well, this seals it. i've never been a fan of this over-rated "player" but her behaviour on court today was crass and appalling. i will now be rooting whole-heartedly against her every match she plays.

ajde, zheng!

Says the Pova fan:rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:11 AM
i will now be rooting whole-heartedly against her every match she plays.

I'll never understand how someone can spend energy rooting whole-heartedly against someone. It's beyond my imagination. It's already tiring to cheer for someone you like..

jelenacg
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Great first set and TB,a lot of stupid errors especially in 2nd but her form is coming back
She is just so much better player than Cornet,if she played better on key points,score would be 6-1 6-2

nabfunky
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I'll never understand how someone can spend energy rooting whole-heartedly against someone. It's beyond my imagination. It's already tiring to cheer for someone you like..

you know what's tiring? listening to someone scream "ajde" four points in a row. that's tiring.

not to mention classless.

and say what you want about masha, she doesn't overdo the "come on"'s. whenever she yells, it's always on crucial points. i'm surprised ivanovic didn't start doing it between points. :p

InsideOut.
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:18 AM

ajde, zheng!

Does Maria Sharapova scream at the top of her lungs too? Yes she does. And guess one? She needs to. As does Ana. They need to intimidate their opponents and also give themselves confidence and energy.

nestor_bgd
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Whenever she does this she is playing her game. I can't get enough of her Ajde's. :)
But have you ever stopped to ask yourself why Alize was crying to the empire after every two points? :wavey:
And the way she argued with herself, I suspect she is not alone! :devil:

ajde, zheng!
Nice touch. Really devilish.

Nikkiri
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:19 AM

ajde, zheng!

Congrats.

InsideOut.
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:21 AM
you know what's tiring? listening to someone scream "ajde" four points in a row. that's tiring.

and say what you want about masha, she doesn't overdo the "come on"'s. whenever she yells, it's always on crucial points. i'm surprised ivanovic didn't start doing it between points. :p

Don't even try to bash Ana for ajdes AND defend Masha for her grunting. You'll only embarrass yourself. :o:help::tape:

gaviotabr
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:21 AM

I suppose only the first part of your post is about mine, as I didn't say anything at all about Sharapova.

Ana, unfortunately, has focus problems. She loses concentration easily.. and needs to pump herself to remind herself that she is playing a tennis match. Everytime she tries to tone it down, and she has tried, she totally loses focus.

Davodus
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Whenever she does this she is playing her game. I can't get enough of her Ajde's. :)
But have you ever stopped to ask yourself why Alize was crying to the empire after every two points? :wavey:

:worship:

Balltossovic
Hi haters

Bye haters

She won :ras: get over it

дalex
Well, I also don't think Ana played well. Certainly not amazing! It's obvious that she still lacks confidence.

Ana really needs a win against Zheng.

soul
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:23 AM
This was a must wn for Ana and finally she managed to .I hope her confidenece rebuilt and she wins many matches from now on.WELL DONE ANA

AndreConrad
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Congrats Ana :yeah:

InsideOut.
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Good, nabfunky keeping quiet. :yeah:

gaviotabr
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Well, I also don't think Ana played well. Certainly not amazing! It's obvious that she still lacks confidence.

Ana really needs a win against Zheng.

Yes, a win against Zheng would be great for her confidence. That might propel her to play really well for the rest of the season, as this funk started with a defeat to Zheng.

M.S.F
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:28 AM

:haha:

nabfunky
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I suppose only the first part of your post is about mine, as I didn't say anything at all about Sharapova.

Ana, unfortunately, has focus problems. She loses concentration easily.. and needs to pump herself to remind herself that she is playing a tennis match. Everytime she tries to tone it down, and she has tried, she totally loses focus.

oh my, how convenient. :rolleyes:

by the way, i'll say it again, there's a difference between grunts and "ajde"'s. masha and ivanovic both grunt. that's not what i'm complaining about. but you will NOT hear masha yell "come on!" four points in a row. your girl just did that today and it's ridiculous.

Renalicious
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Well done former world no. 1 :)

mure
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:32 AM
i guess some people expected to see the second comin of Evert,Navratilova and Graff alltogether tonight..after a crucial win for Ana's confidence all the had to say was how it was the worst match in the history of mankind :rolleyes:

Well done Ana :)

by the way what happened to her coach?he's not in Beijing..

gaviotabr
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:35 AM
i guess some people expected to see the second comin of Evert,Navratilova and Graff alltogether tonight..after a crucial win for Ana's confidence all the had to say was how it was the worst match in the history of mankind :rolleyes:

I think Sven doesn't travel with her everywhere, just to the most important events. She was practising in Amsterdam with him before Tokyo though.

Brena
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:36 AM
If Ana didn't play well, I guess Alize played really, really horrendously to lose this.
Congratulations Anatards! :worship:

Nikkiri
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:37 AM

by the way, i'll say it again, there's a difference between grunts and "ajde"'s. masha and ivanovic both grunt. that's not what i'm complaining about. but you will NOT hear masha yell "come on!" four points in a row. your girl just did that today and it's ridiculous.

Yuh yuh, okay.

AJDE!!!!!11

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/fb/fullj.d901dd44e4189565db3c75517b1ed2bf/d901dd44e4189565db3c75517b1ed2bf-getty-tennis-wta-atp-chn.jpg

Bruno71
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:38 AM

Some of us couldn't give a crap if this win was crucial for Ana or not, we wanted to see good tennis. And I'd venture to say most of us don't value the opinion of someone who accuses Ana's opponents of cheating when she loses :shrug:

Adal
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Nikkie :weirdo: Of course no time for MSN.

Nikkiri
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Nikkie :weirdo: Of course no time for MSN.

I'm going to sleep now babez. :wavey:

MagicMilan
Finally a win :worship:
I hope this gives her a real confidence boost :D

Adal
I'm going to sleep now babez. :wavey:
No you aren't :)

Congrats Ana.

schorsch
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:42 AM

because the challenge system fell out right there where she needed it...

TennisFanForever
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Alizé :shrug: not your best form atm it seems :o

1st complete WTA season for you so you must be tired :hug:

дalex
Obviously this is a step in the right direction, so let's see if she's able to play smart and win against Zheng. She'll need her backhand as well as forehand working in that match.

Nikkie, don't scare us with those fistpumpajde pics. :scared:

sammy01
If Ana didn't play well, I guess Alize played really, really horrendously to lose this.
Congratulations Anatards! :worship:

alize realy did played a bad match, she was not even on court in the 1st set. bit better in the 2nd but she mishit so many balls.

Brena
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:49 AM
alize realy did played a bad match, she was not even on court in the 1st set. bit better in the 2nd but she mishit so many balls.

It figures. From what I've seen of her, when she's playing well she's a very dangerous opponent. She would have beaten Ana in her current form. I guess exhaustion caught up with her.

Brena
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Obviously this is a step in the right direction, so let's see if she's able to play smart and win against Zheng. She'll need her backhand as well as forehand working in that match.

No one outsmarts lil' Jie. :cool: She's the smartest cookie in WTA, she plays tennis as if she were playing chess.

Nikkie, don't scare us with those fistpumpajde pics. :scared:

I second that. Mercy, Nik! She won!

Brena
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Blimy, a double post. sorry

lilimi
Sep 25th, 2008, 12:05 PM

:o i've already seen sharapova screming come ons four points in a row. and she can grunt on every point in one set :tape::tape::tape: moreover it's funny you say ana is classeless when your queen has already shown serious lack of class (stealing points, don't care about her opponents injury, doing gross fist pumps)...please, you can save your energy to cheer for your queen when she'll come back.

concerning Ana's victory...

ALLELUJA!:lol:

NeeemZ
Sep 25th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Well, a win is a win. I hope Ana is able to make it two in a row.

MarieC
Sep 25th, 2008, 12:33 PM
A win is a win at this point for Ana. This no doubt will give her some confidence going into her match against Zheng

frontier
Sep 25th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Zheng will win

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 25th, 2008, 12:48 PM
yay :sobbing:

Noctis
Sep 25th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Giant Jie Will Crush this Little Anna :haha:

Yonexforever
Sep 25th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Since someone injected Sharapova into this thread, let me just add... Im no Maria fan by ANY stretch of the imagination, but like Crapriati, the tour needs Maria back in the worst way to right the ship and stop some of these no name girls from emerging.
I have Justine to thank for Safina's rise it seems.
Maria!!!
Come out, come out wherever you are .. we need you!

Emina.
Sep 25th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Jie should win ..

ce
Sep 25th, 2008, 01:13 PM
thank God Ana won

Tennis90
Sep 25th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Braavoooooo!!!I`m so happy,this was an important match for Ana!!!

améliemomo
Sep 25th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Alize:sobbing:

need to take some rest I guess, you look out of form right now.

Ana ajde, you 'll need more than your screams to beat jie zheng in next round.
Go Jie!:devil:

mashasabinefan1
Sep 25th, 2008, 01:24 PM
ALIZE:sad:v poor play today. congrats ana!

Dave.
Sep 25th, 2008, 02:07 PM
OMG Ana :sobbing: Finally a win, I couldn't take any more of this slump. Hopefully she's back on track for good now. :hearts: and against Alize too :eek:

Now get revenge :hehehe:

Dorien.
Sep 25th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Alizé :sad: i was hoping she could to some more

Dinayer
Sep 25th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Alize :hug:

well done ana :bounce:

.:sk:.
Sep 25th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Ana :yeah:

Alizé :hug:

shap_half
Sep 25th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I did not think Ana was gonna pull this one out.

Beat
Sep 25th, 2008, 03:41 PM
it's the first time that i saw alizé on eurosport. can someone explain to me why the german commentator always pronounced her name as if it was "alice"? surely he must have been wrong - after all there's an accent aigu on "alizé" - or am i missing something?

CooCooCachoo
Sep 25th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Alizé :sobbing:

CooCooCachoo
Sep 25th, 2008, 04:20 PM
it's the first time that i saw alizé on eurosport. can someone explain to me why the german commentator always pronounced her name as if it was "alice"? surely he must have been wrong - after all there's an accent aigu on "alizé" - or am i missing something?

No, you are not missing something.

DownTheLine21
Sep 25th, 2008, 04:22 PM
This is her first good win since RG. I hope this gives her some confidence. Zheng will be difficult.

Ciarán
Sep 25th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Finally Ana!

Orbis
Sep 25th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Well done, a win is a win. Zheng will be tough.

cocco80
Sep 25th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Ana :yeah:
Haven't seen the match but I'm glad it could be done in straight sets.
Zheng is going to be a huge challenge. Hopefully Ana finds her best form.

Alize :hug:

The Daviator
Sep 25th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Ana :yeah: Good luck next round :kiss:

justine schnyder
Sep 25th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Alize :o :o
I wish you'd taken in the second set, better luck next tourny :hug: :hug:

RenaSlam.
Sep 25th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Wow.

cn ireland
Sep 25th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Finally a decent win for Ana:bounce::bounce:!

Hopefully she can put a few wins back to back now:D!

Dawson.
Sep 25th, 2008, 05:52 PM
finally!! a decent win :yeah: kep going ana

SAEKeithSerena
Sep 25th, 2008, 05:55 PM
yay!

Tatianadove
Sep 25th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Well done Ana! ajde!! :)

Milito22
Sep 25th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Anita :banana:

darkangel23
Sep 25th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Ana :bounce:

Alizé :hug:

G&R
Sep 25th, 2008, 07:50 PM
wow ana finally a win

Destiny
Sep 25th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Darn it thought Cornet could take her down

What the hell happened to her ??:mad:

Harju.
Sep 25th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I thought in Tokyo, Alize was having a bad day, but oh boy, this one is bad as well. If she continues to play like this, she's going to get wiped out every week.

Congrats to Ana tho!
I'd become a hardcore fan if one day she screams AJDE up my fucking ass :hearts:

Danči Dementia
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:07 PM

hankqq
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:07 PM
How could I have missed this thread? Yay Ana.
:hug: Cornet. I like her, but she had to lose.

Jankolover.
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Alize :bigcry:

If only the second set go your way. :sad: :rolleyes:

Patrick345
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Is there any strong clay challenger anywhere??

Because with that FH, Alize needs to go there :help:

:lol::lol:

frontier
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Alize Had Her Chances In The Second Set But Ana Was Too Strong

Serenita
Sep 26th, 2008, 12:18 AM
good job ana!!