PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Enquiry

OZTENNIS
Sep 25th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Hey all :wavey:

I was just looking at the TA and NZ player forum and noticed that our moderator (AlexSydney) hardly ever posts in it! So I was just wondering how the moderators are selected and are they just designated a forum or do they actually have to apply for a particular forum??

I'm an active poster in the TA and NZ forum, and I believe it would make sense to have a regular as the moderator of the forum.

Zamboni
Sep 25th, 2008, 06:34 AM
I believe AlexSydney applied for the post a long time ago, when we were recruiting new moderators.
If you feel TA&NZ needs a more active mod, start reporting the posts and situations that would require moderation. That way we get an idea of what goes on in the forum. If we feel that the forum needs another moderator, we'll probably hold something like a poll within the forum. But only if the forum really needs another moderator;)

OZTENNIS
Sep 25th, 2008, 06:40 AM
^^^^
Okay, thanks for letting me know :)

OZTENNIS
Oct 9th, 2008, 07:05 AM
We have started a thread in the TA and NZ forum aimed at getting some changes within the forum. These issues need to be addressed and so far, our moderator has not contributed anything. There are calls for a new moderator

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=14213675#post14213675

James
Oct 9th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Have you tried contacting him?

Looking at the things mentioned in the thread, I must say that a moderator can't do most of those things. Moving a subforum and changing the blurb are things that can only be done by an admin.

Golovinjured.
Oct 9th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Could you help us out with the blurb and moving the subforum, James? :)

Also, could you make that thread sticky?

:kiss:

James
Oct 9th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Could you help us out with the blurb and moving the subforum, James? :)

Also, could you make that thread sticky?

:kiss:

I'll sticky the thread and move the subforum. Perhaps it is wise to finish the discussion about the blurb before we change it. If I may make a suggestion: it is perhaps wise to have a blurb not mentioning any players. That way you would not have to change it each time. For instance: For fans of Australian players.

Golovinjured.
Oct 9th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah but that sounds boring.. Stosur and Dellacqua are young, and Dokic will never retire - she'll always keep us guessing. We won't need to change it for 2-3 years atleast. :)

James
Oct 9th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Yeah but that sounds boring.. Stosur and Dellacqua are young, and Dokic will never retire - she'll always keep us guessing. We won't need to change it for 2-3 years atleast. :)

Only a suggestion. We will see what is decided in the forum.

Golovinjured.
Oct 9th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Ok, thanks for doing that for us James.

I need to spread more rep so I can give it back to you :(

Daniela-Is-Mine
Oct 14th, 2008, 03:06 AM
BTW The cocktail party doesnt have one :o

OZTENNIS
Oct 14th, 2008, 05:45 AM
And can we still have the Tennis Australia and New Zealand forum blurb changed from 'Includes forums for Alicia Molik, Samantha Stosur and Jelena Dokic' to 'Includes forums for 'Jelena Dokic, Samantha Stosur and Casey Dellacqua'

James
Oct 14th, 2008, 07:35 AM
BTW The cocktail party doesnt have one :o

You can always suggest one to be added.

James
Oct 14th, 2008, 07:38 AM
And can we still have the Tennis Australia and New Zealand forum blurb changed from 'Includes forums for Alicia Molik, Samantha Stosur and Jelena Dokic' to 'Includes forums for 'Jelena Dokic, Samantha Stosur and Casey Dellacqua'

It's changed.

Daniela-Is-Mine
Oct 15th, 2008, 03:27 AM
You can always suggest one to be added.

ill do it :confused:
or orriental rain, n/e ones good

OZTENNIS
Oct 15th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks James :)

James
Oct 15th, 2008, 10:55 AM

It is best to discuss within the forum which blurb everyone would like.

Lunaris
Oct 15th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Someone is desperate to have bigger avies and sigi banners. :lol: :p

James
Oct 15th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I thought we were talking blurbs, since that was the topic at that moment. Or are we talking about a request for a moderator? In the last case I can refer to what Zamboni said earlier.