PDA

View Full Version : Infractions and Moderator Abuse

Denise4925
Sep 24th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Can we please have some guidelines on this and what would constitute abuse of power by moderators? Also, what does the point mean? Where is it added or subtracted and what does the infraction period mean? Is that a probationary period? :confused:

I've looked at the forum rules and site rules, but I can't seem to find anything on infractions.

I didn't know where else to request this. Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum. I'm sure there are other posters effected by this new thing. It may not be new, but it's new to me.

Also, is there a review/appeal process for mod abuse of this new weapon (the infraction)?

Kart
Sep 24th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Infractions are permanent markers on your record. If you get enough points, theoretically it's an automatic suspension but that's not an issue as you'd need to generate a huge amount of points to get there and most likely would have been suspended long before then. The points do expire over a period of time but the infraction remains.

You can appeal your infraction to the moderator that gave it or a super moderator or admininstrator.

As I note you already have done looking through my inbox. However, given that my inbox has been flooded with complaints today after I decided to abuse my power in the political forum I've not had time to acknowledge its receipt. For which I apologise.

You will hear from one of us in due course after it's been discussed.