PDA

View Full Version : Most Difficult Year?

RJWCapriati
Sep 22nd, 2008, 03:31 AM
Who has had the most difficult and disappointing year out of these 3 players?

1. Anna Chakvetadze
2007 Season -
Won 4 Titles
1 GS SF
2 GS QF
SF @ YEC
(59-20) (5 Top 10 Wins)

2008 Season -
1 Title (Paris Indoors)
Final @ New Haven
1 GS R16
(26-18) (1 Top 10 Win)

2. Daniela Hantuchova
2007 Season
2 Titles
Luxembourg F
2 GS R16
Qualified YEC
(52-28) (6 Top 10 Wins)

2008 Season
0 Titles
SF @ Australian Open
(17-14) (0 Top 10 Wins)

3. Shahar Peer
2007 Season
2 GS QF
Memphis Final
Miami SF - Indian Wells QF
(46-22) 3 Top 10 Wins

2008 Season
R16 Wimbledon
SF - Gold Coast/Memphis
(23-21) (1 Top 10 Win) (3 Wins over Safina)

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 22nd, 2008, 03:33 AM
it would have been dementieva if safina hadn't let her win that gold medal match.

yukon145
Sep 22nd, 2008, 04:00 AM
I vote for Tatiana Golovin.

Wiggly
Sep 22nd, 2008, 04:18 AM
Well, out of these three, it has to be Daniela.
She had a stellar indoor season, came out strong in Australia, reaching new heights. After that, nothing.

danieln1
Sep 22nd, 2008, 04:18 AM
If it wasn´t for Australia semifinal, Daniela´s year would be the worst of all time for her...

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 22nd, 2008, 04:26 AM
Daniela. Having one's season severely blighted by a heel injury that has affected her movement throughout the season is very disappointing.

Harvs
Sep 22nd, 2008, 04:30 AM
hantuchova.. anything couldv happened with the way she was playing before she got injured//... she was playign great

frontier
Sep 22nd, 2008, 11:31 AM
they are all mediocre

Miss Amor
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
They had done unexceptionally well previosly ..according to their average standards [due to various reasons like ..other top players injured...easy draws..sleeping with scott etc. etc. etc.] now they are having their normal seasons again..nothing unexpected.

justine schnyder
Sep 22nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
Peer.
Hantuchova didn't do much as well exept the AO SF, but she was injured, Chakky had the rubbery and she had some wins and a title+final.
Shahar did nothing and lost to clowns

Il Primo!
Sep 22nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Well, out of these three, it has to be Daniela.
She had a stellar indoor season, came out strong in Australia, reaching new heights. After that, nothing.

Oh please.:o

Sexysova
Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
vaidisova

Apoorv
Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:43 PM
I think Golovin, Mirza and Krajicek are the real sufferers this year. :sad:

Dor Y
Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
Nicole, Krajicek, Shahar and Daniela

Lunaris
Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Oh please.:o
I am aware that it's utterly pointless to waste any time on you and try to explain you anything because you are a biased hater, but only Henin gathered more points than Hantuchova during the 2007 indoor season.

Il Primo!
Sep 22nd, 2008, 03:02 PM
I am aware that it's utterly pointless to waste any time on you and try to explain you anything because you are a biased hater, but only Henin gathered more points than Hantuchova during the 2007 indoor season.

So? Henin was the only one to have a stellar indoor season.

Excuse me, but there's nothing so stellar in Dani's fall results. She won Lindz, reached Luxembourg final, that's just good. She didn't played Moscow and got her boney backside whooped very early in Zurich and YEC. So, to sump up, she did absolutely NOTHING in the 3 most prestigious tournaments. And you still have the nerves to say I'm biased?

:help:

Lunaris
Sep 22nd, 2008, 03:30 PM
So the only thing you object to is the word stellar? Perhaps not stellar but it was pretty good. Certainly there is no need for you to react like "Oh, please :o" and make so much fuss, if someone uses that word to describe Hantuchova's 07 indoor season, especially if that someone is a disappointed fan who simply compared Hantuchova's current results to those from last years indoor season. They were quite stellar in comparison to her current results.

mandy7
Sep 22nd, 2008, 04:30 PM
out of these, probably daniela, but mostly cause of her injury though

peer just isn't as good as ppl think she is
anna is a mess right now, but she'll be back

Ciarán
Sep 22nd, 2008, 04:33 PM
On paper, Daniela but she had an injury. So I would say Chakvetadze but she got a title in Paris, reached the 4th round of Wimbledon for the 1st time and reached the final of New Haven. Anna and Nicole should have done so much more this year. But personally the worst of the worst was Krajicek.

Il Primo!
Sep 22nd, 2008, 04:38 PM
So the only thing you object to is the word stellar? Perhaps not stellar but it was pretty good.

That's my point. Stellar means stellar. Stellar doesn't mean pretty good. And her "achievements" were just good, no home to write about it. I mean, no one will remember Dani's so called stellar fall but her fans, really nothing note worthy.
Don't blame me because of that. A word means what it means. After all, it's not my fault if you place the bar of the "stellarness" pretty low for Daniela.
And FYI, I'm not a hater. I've acknowledged her huge talent on numerous occasions. But talent is not everything and unfortunately for her, that's all she has. Just deal with it and move on :wavey:

Harju.
Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Golovin did have a strong indoor too. She reached 2 finals, Stuttgart and Zurich. And then of course getting injured like usual. :hearts:

Hardiansf
Sep 23rd, 2008, 01:05 AM
As a fan, I chose Anna to have the most disappointing season. Bad result came after bad result, on and on and on.
But I believe she will be back stronger. Just like my other faves.