PDA

View Full Version : WTA need players like Hingis, Henin, Martinez..

Mackep83
Sep 21st, 2008, 11:45 PM
WTA ned brain! And I need to see Henin again, I hope she will comeback in 2009.
But I had a dream last night... Henin was competing again..but not in tennis...it was table tennis!

What do you think about that? I think she could be number one in table tennis and take a second gold medal in another sport 2012 :D

Ciarán
Sep 21st, 2008, 11:47 PM
No.

slamchamp
Sep 21st, 2008, 11:51 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................

Uranium
Sep 21st, 2008, 11:53 PM
Martinez was kinda boring, but I like the other 2:)

Mackep83
Sep 21st, 2008, 11:55 PM
Maria could be a great volleyboll player, Serena could be a great sumo wrester... Jankovic could ba a great middle distance runner..

Mackep83
Sep 21st, 2008, 11:56 PM
Martinez boring? Her game was awsome!

SM
Sep 21st, 2008, 11:58 PM
Conchita was fantastic to watch on clay

SM
Sep 21st, 2008, 11:59 PM
Rada likes Conchita he even said hi to her last year at the medibank international

OZTENNIS
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:00 AM
Um :yawn:
Martinez was the most boring women's player I have ever watched :shrug:
But I love Hingis and I liked Henin, ashame both are retired :sad:

pengluv
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:05 AM
, Serena could be a great sumo wrester... Jankovic could ba a great middle distance runner..
well that sumo been puttin everyone back in their diapers where they belong

NeeemZ
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:07 AM
I found Martinez to be a boring player as well.

danieln1
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:31 AM
I agree completely with you regarding Martina Hingis obviously, because Conchita was a moonballer and the other one was a cheater
But I think Caro is doing a great job, because she is inteligent and has Hingis style!

LudwigDvorak
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:33 AM
TF needs posters with brains. Much more critical condition, IMO.

Mackep83
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:34 AM
Cheater? Why?

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:34 AM
We need claycourt experts to fight against the serbian sisters

égalité
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:36 AM
There's Carla Moonball-Navarro :hearts:

Mackep83
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:38 AM
Love moonballs, its better than "ball in the net or winner a la Serena"

Ciarán
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:43 AM
Love moonballs, its better than "ball in the net or winner a la Serena"

hate 'em.

spiceboy
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:43 AM
While some people call Conchi boring I found her extremely amusing. Playing against her was a nightmare and I loved the way she played against hardhitters :devil:

Have a look at this video, these are highlights from her match vs Dokic in Montreal 1999. Truly amazing :worship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVwlZApl8dk

améliemomo
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:45 AM
why when someone speaking about players with brain sharapova fans are so discret or quite negatif??:o

no seriously,that the TRUTH, the tour now is just lacking those girls who used to know how to play tennis, give variety and beauty to the game they play.
Now its only boom boom from all over the court and whose gonna make the least ues:help:
thats getting ridiculous.Seems like every girl playing the same tennis, soon it will be very difficult to make difference between players cause they are so unilateral with no plan B.

égalité
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:52 AM
While some people call Conchi boring I found her extremely amusing. Playing against her was a nightmare and I loved the way she played against hardhitters :devil:

Have a look at this video, these are highlights from her match vs Dokic in Montreal 1999. Truly amazing :worship:

I was just thinking about that match. :hearts:

I love that point when she moonballs like 6 times in a row, and as soon as Dokic tries to give her a taste of her own medicine, Conchita hits a winner off of it. :haha:

Mackep83
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:56 AM
why when someone speaking about players with brain sharapova fans are so discret or quite negatif??:o

no seriously,that the TRUTH, the tour now is just lacking those girls who used to know how to play tennis, give variety and beauty to the game they play.
Now its only boom boom from all over the court and whose gonna make the least ues:help:
thats getting ridiculous.Seems like every girl playing the same tennis, soon it will be very difficult to make difference between players cause they are so unilateral with no plan B.

agree, and I forgot Mauresmo! She has a very great game when she is in form..

What womens tennis really need is not "Hollywood stars" like Serena and Sharapova, what womens tennis needs are players who play REAL tennis, beautiful game and variety, like Henin, Mauresmo and Martinez (Sabatini)?

Its the same in Alpine skiing when Janica Kostelic quit.. no one can ski more beautiful than her...and they tried to fokused on star quality... thats not sports, what real sport fans need is not star quality, they need great technique and beautiful game....

Mackep83
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:57 AM

Love moonballs :D

Mateo Mathieu
Sep 22nd, 2008, 01:05 AM

I missed the good old glory days (99-01) :worship:

Martinez, Hingis, Kournikova, Davenport, Pierce, Williames sisters, Sanchez-Vicario, Seles, Mauresmo, etc.

The current young players are boring to watch :tape: Error after error and going on :o

debopero
Sep 22nd, 2008, 01:09 AM
How are moonballs entertaining?

Mateo Mathieu
Sep 22nd, 2008, 01:11 AM
How are moonballs entertaining?
It's not all about entertaining. It's a smart strategy to messing your opponent's mind!

Sharapova, Ivanovic, Jankovic et al would struggle against her.

Mackep83
Sep 22nd, 2008, 01:14 AM
It's not all about entertaining. It's a smart strategy to messing your opponent's mind!

Sharapova, Ivanovic, Jankovic et al would struggle against her.

I think Jankovic like moonballs, doesent she? And Sharapova, I dont think she care... she have a little brain and that little brain just telling her to hit very hard anytime

améliemomo
Sep 22nd, 2008, 01:19 AM
agree, and I forgot Mauresmo! She has a very great game when she is in form..

What womens tennis really need is not "Hollywood stars" like Serena and Sharapova, what womens tennis needs are players who play REAL tennis, beautiful game and variety, like Henin, Mauresmo and Martinez (Sabatini)?

Its the same in Alpine skiing when Janica Kostelic quit.. no one can ski more beautiful than her...and they tried to fokused on star quality... thats not sports, what real sport fans need is not star quality, they need great technique and beautiful game....

yes you're right when she's in form:sad:its been more than a year that she lost what made her the best player in the world.
Thats another sad thing occured to the tour after henin and hingis retirement.
Since then the tour is getting worse and worse.
I prefer atypique players who can bring the game something.

Dawson.
Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:01 AM

the crowd were actually laughing and hissing at how many moonballs she hit :lol:

you cant really relate this match to modern womens tennis. dokic was hardly a power player compared to players today. hit that many moonballs against soneone like venus or sharapova and they will just take it in the air and hit an out right winner.