PDA

View Full Version : Top Spin 3 or Smash Court Tennis 3?

hugo2004
Sep 21st, 2008, 02:43 PM
Which of these two games do you prefer? In terms of graphics, gameplay, online game, etc..

Ciarán
Sep 21st, 2008, 02:53 PM
graphics - Top Spin 3s are incredible, Smash Courts incredibly poor!
gameplay - Top Spin frustratingly real and Samsh Court, very Arcadey..
Online game - Top Spin - too realistic, with tourneys etc. and very easy to lag and cheat, quite boring too. Smash court - average at best.

Best bet? VT3

Adal
Sep 21st, 2008, 02:57 PM
Just get both :)

hugo2004
Sep 21st, 2008, 03:08 PM
VT3 = Virtual Tennis 3? Didn´t think about this one..

V-MAC
Sep 21st, 2008, 03:40 PM
ah VT3 :hearts: I haven't played that game in ages but it rocks. Between TS3 and SCT3, TS3 wins easily. I thought SCT3 was alright when I bought it first but I lost interest in it way too quickly.

KanSuke
Sep 21st, 2008, 03:47 PM
VT3 is ok... you can predict where every ball is going.

I spent quite a long time playing Top Spin 3 and it really needs some time to play well. (It's kinda hard to control at first.)

MakarovaFan
Sep 21st, 2008, 04:43 PM
Ok

Graphics: Player Models-SMC 3
Arenas/Crowd TS3
Overall TS3
Gameplay: TS3 has a VERY steep learning curve,and can be downright unplayable at first,but once you get into it it is the most realistic and accurate to date. SMC 3 ,is in between the super arcade of VT3 and the super sim of TS3. Its in some ways is the most user friendly,it has depth,rallies are realistic shot spot is very useful and i actually prefer this one. Side note SMC 3 and VT 3 get the nod for player stroke and swing realism. The pros actually swing,stand and hit like themselves in those game. TS3 falters here

Sound: SMC 3.....in terms of crowd responses, ball effects and player grunts and movement

World Tour: Easily SMC 3. With multiple events per week. "Tiers",qualifying,practice sessions,endorsement/sponsor events,full draws, best of 3 matches,fed/davis cup events.....Dont remember VT 3s and TS 3s sucked

Playabilty: This for non fans of tennis will go to VT3 unfortunately. Very arcadey,never ending hyper points,crazy unrealistic gets etc. For tennis fans SMC 3 will probably be the bet as its not frustrating like TS 3;its pick up and play yet still takes stategy. Ofcourse it gets easy after a while but hey.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Sep 21st, 2008, 05:46 PM
Top Spin 3 by far, sc3 is fun but it's too cartoonish in comparison to ts3. I do agree with a previous poster who said the world tour is better on sc3.

tennisvideos
Sep 21st, 2008, 11:25 PM
I like both of them a lot, but I am enjoying SCT3 more because I like playing it's world tour more and I absolutely LOVE the graphics of Hingis in particular. She looks the most realistic of any tennis player in any game ever. Sensational.
Plus SCT3 is easier for casual gamers and so it's a lot more fun to play with friends in multi-player mode.
Still, these are both great games IMO and I enjoy them both. :)

Ciarán
Sep 21st, 2008, 11:27 PM
VT3 is I agree, less realistic but more fun online
The other two online are, TS3 in particular are vomiticious

V-MAC
Sep 22nd, 2008, 01:43 AM
Agree about VT3 online being the most fun. There seems to be a nice, close-knit VT3 online community too :) All the really good players seem to know and respect each other. Something I've always noticed too with VT3 is if you play an entertaining match, almost always your opponent will send you a nice pm after it. I haven't seen that happen so much in other tennis games.