PDA

View Full Version : Why was my thread on Premium Priviledges deleted?

Golovinjured.
Sep 19th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Yeah, the smilies I used as an example were obviously a joke, but I thought the ideas were quite good as a whole? Premium smilies, a Premium subforum (which you already have) and player visits.

Why was it deleted, and why wasn't there absolutely no feedback given from any administrator?

ViennaCalling
Sep 19th, 2008, 07:53 AM
It isn´t deleted i guess, maybe it just got moved to the Premium Lounge?

Effy
Sep 19th, 2008, 08:06 AM
^yep :p

Golovinjured.
Sep 19th, 2008, 08:14 AM
But I can't get in there :sobbing:

ViennaCalling
Sep 19th, 2008, 08:26 AM
^^ Well, now you have the reason why they moved it :spit: :devil:

Golovinjured.
Sep 19th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I know that they're playing at. They want me to buy Premium so I can see it now!

How sinister :devil: Well played Kart, well played.

^bibi^
Sep 19th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Ok, last warning : this is not a place to start chatting.

ViennaCalling
Sep 19th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Who´s chatting? :confused:

I just answered his question and made a little joke. That´s it.

Golovinjured.
Sep 19th, 2008, 09:44 AM
No one is chatting.

All I'm trying to do is discuss my suggestions with someone who actually matters. A administrator or a super moderator. I don't even see how it is your place to moderate? You are a moderator in General Messages, and this is Bugs/Error Reporting and Questions, so I don't see how you have the power to give me a warning, be it justified or not.

In fact, I think I'll report you, just to make sure with Kart/James/Zamboni/Yasmine and Co. that this is actually justified or just an abuse of power by you.

I still, however, am yet to here on how well recieved my plans for Premium Membership were, as this will largely influence whether I spend my money to support this site, or not.

Lefty.
Sep 19th, 2008, 09:54 AM
All of us can give infractions in any forum. :shrug:

And what would you call what you guys were posting about in the moved thread if it wasn't chatting? :p

Golovinjured.
Sep 19th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Oh Ok then, sorry, I didn't know it worked like that, in that any moderator can give an infraction in any part of the forum. Thanks for explaining it.

However I'll still report it, because I don't think it's justified. I could deal with getting an infraction for the chat in the previous thread, but I can't fathom why I wouldn't get a warning from that, but I do from this? This wasn't even chatting.

I don't know if any users from the Name Suggestions chat amaze thread getting infactions, but I highly doubt it. So yeah, with those instances not getting warnings, and this instance getting me one, I will report it.

Maybe you need to set a benchmark of what is deemed punishable or not, because this is wrong.

Yasmine
Sep 19th, 2008, 11:22 AM
It's not because a mod is assigned to a particular forum that they don't have the right to express their opinion about another. We work as a team.

I'll second what Bibi said, this is not a chat thread nor a chat forum altogether. It has been said before in this section of the board by virtually every active mod/admin within the past few weeks.

Effy
Sep 19th, 2008, 11:28 AM
i understand that u guys back up each other but how on earth was it a chatting? Radekleroad asked a question and he got the answers. A bit of overreaction from ^bibi^

Golovinjured.
Sep 19th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks for replying Yasmine :)

But still, you didn't answer what I wanted to know. I don't understand why I would be warned in this instance (for little to mild chatting) when no action has been taken in other instances (my previous thread on this topic/name suggestions thread) :shrug:

As I see it, a standard was set when no infractions were issued before this. Now for a much tamer offence, I have been issued a warning, when the precident for a warning concerning this rule was set much lower.

Golovinjured.
Sep 19th, 2008, 11:31 AM
i understand that u guys back up each other but how on earth was it a chatting? Radekleroad asked a question and he got the answers. A bit of overreaction from ^bibi^

Yes, that's all I don't understand.

How was this punishable, when much worse than this has been let fly, many times?

^bibi^
Sep 19th, 2008, 11:33 AM

Because he already had a first unofficial warning for doing that the day before in another thread in Bug/error

Please either keep your comments for yourself or get to know the whole story before you post them :-)

Effy
Sep 19th, 2008, 11:34 AM
why i have to keep my comments for myself? im free to comment whatever i want. Or you'd give me a warning too? :o

but oh i didnt know he got warning before tho.

Golovinjured.
Sep 19th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Because he already had a first unofficial warning for doing that the day before in another thread in Bug/error

Please either keep your comments for yourself or get to know the whole story before you post them :-)

Well that just defies the purpose of an official warning. You warned me when things got too chatty, hence awaring me of how much is too much. This instance was not too much, it as far less.

Yasmine
Sep 19th, 2008, 11:36 AM
There is nothing that says anywhere that we have to give an explanation to every single action we undertake, especially since there had been posts asking for no chating in here numerous times before. A thread of yours had already been moved to a chatting forum for those same reasons as I understand.
As you might have noticed, warnings are done in private, therefore you have no idea whether other posters have been warned for similar reasons or not.

Golovinjured.
Sep 19th, 2008, 11:37 AM
why i have to keep my comments for myself? im free to comment whatever i want. Or you'd give me a warning too? :o

but oh i didnt know he got warning before tho.

But it wasn't even really a warning. It was like "no chatting in bugs and errors", and I stopped. But this instance was nowhere near as bad, not even close, and I get an official warning.

I'd be fine if I'd got that warning the first time around, but this just contradicts the whole system.

Golovinjured.
Sep 19th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I used to have faith in you, Yasmine :sobbing: You were the fair, reasonable one. Whatever happened to you, I just don't know :sad:

Kart
Sep 19th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Enough of this.

Your thread is in non-tennis now.

As for the rest of it, I'd quit feigning ignorance of forum rules.

Contact me via private message if you wish to discuss it further.