PDA

View Full Version : Why is Non-Tennis Forum marked as private?

jack daniels
Sep 16th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I apologise if this has been answered before. But why is non tennis forum a private forum meaning guests are unable to view it?

the jamierbelyea
Sep 16th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Non-Tennis isn't marked as a private forum. The Chat Thread sub-forum is.

jack daniels
Sep 16th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Ok, but why? :lol:

Zamboni
Sep 16th, 2008, 09:36 AM
From what I remember there used to be many many guests browsing that forum. When the board was having many problems (slowness, errors, etc), we set that forum to private in an attempt to decrease traffic.

jack daniels
Sep 16th, 2008, 12:16 PM
From what I remember there used to be many many guests browsing that forum. When the board was having many problems (slowness, errors, etc), we set that forum to private in an attempt to decrease traffic.

Cool that makes sense. Thanks for the response.

Willam
Sep 16th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I thought it was because this was a tennis forum, and if you wanted to talk about something else here it would be logical to register, but yes thats fine for me too..

ViennaCalling
Sep 16th, 2008, 04:07 PM
The answer is simple: Guest should not see how psychopathic the Tennis-Forum-members can be :spit:

Willam
Sep 16th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Good One.

ce
Sep 16th, 2008, 09:14 PM
The answer is simple: Guest should not see how psychopathic the Tennis-Forum-members can be :spit:

:rolls:]
those crazy bitches :rolleyes: :p

Dave.
Sep 17th, 2008, 02:51 AM
I think all forums except GM should be set to private. Why would someone want to read all the forums if they're not a member? :shrug:

hingis-seles
Sep 25th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I think all forums except GM should be set to private. Why would someone want to read all the forums if they're not a member? :shrug:

No. I check scores for games I play in from work. Usually without the hassle of logging in. :p