PDA

View Full Version : Jamie and Jelena News and Articles - vol 2

~Kiera~
Aug 1st, 2007, 11:21 PM
A new thread so some of us can stop clogging up the other one ;)

Ceze
Sep 13th, 2008, 01:07 AM
vol 1 here (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=14049016) :wavey:

RFS
Sep 13th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Awesome... that just cracks me up!!

Edit: meanwhile - re: Max - absolutely nuthin' on the site - which still has him in New York!
Whilst I understand that the Web-Ed probably has his hands full with Andy's site and the mods work across both sites, Jamie's site seems to get scant attention - his schedule stops at New Haven!!!

I guess we'll know more from his site after DC...

Ian Aberdon
Sep 13th, 2008, 07:44 AM
:lol: Curly hair & red headbands?! I know Dunblane is in the beautiful countryside, but it isn't THAT far away from civilisation!! Surely news travels, even to Dunblane! :lol:

To be serious, I would be interested to find out how Jamie & Max see their future together as a team. It's been a disppointing season for them.

RFS
Sep 13th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Jamie Murray - Scot-of-the-Antarctic! (http://video.stv.tv/bc/news-scotlandtoday-west-20080912/)
Scottish TV link to the opening of Dunblane High School and Murray Hall - but oi vey... the fluff... the bum fluff!

Ian Aberdon
Sep 13th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah, there was a pic in my local paper & I thought I detected a hairy chin chinny chin! Hope Jelena doesn't catch him with that. Maybe that's his next project...get a Rip Van Winkle beard! :lol:

~Kiera~
Sep 13th, 2008, 11:03 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-1055598/The-feuding-Murrays-didn-8217-t-speak-weeks.html#

The feuding Murrays didn’t speak to each other for weeks

By Malcolm Folley

Andy Murray and his older brother Jamie have patched up a feud that threatened to derail Britain's crucial Davis Cup relegation match against Austria, which begins at Wimbledon on Friday.

Britain's captain John Lloyd, who had been aware that the Murrays' bond was under strain, said: 'I was very concerned about the apparent differences between them.'

The brothers fell out earlier this year in a row over the Davis Cup and their relationship disintegrated when they appeared together for Britain at the Beijing Olympics last month. Then, on Monday night in New York, one familiar face was notably absent from the family box when 21- year-old Andy played the US Open final against Roger Federer.

While family members and the key components of Team Murray packed into the box to watch Andy's unsuccessful attempt to win his first Grand Slam, Jamie, 22, had left town.

Lloyd said: 'I had left the US Open by the time Andy got through to the latter stages of the tournament, so I was surprised as anyone not to see Jamie sitting in the box. Like everyone else who saw their doubles match at the Olympics and then heard the rumours going around the Lawn Tennis Association, I was worried.'

Lloyd's fears for the players who are the spine of Britain's Davis Cup team were allayed when the brothers settled their differences over several games of pool at Andy's London penthouse overlooking the Thames.

Yesterday, Andy volunteered to begin practising for the Davis Cup at Wimbledon a day earlier than planned, having had just four days' rest, including an overnight flight, after his US Open adventure was ended by Federer.

Team-mates Alex Bogdanovic and Ross Hutchins also reported for duty, and football fan Lloyd took all three to see Wolves, his favourite team, play at Charlton. Jamie missed that treat only because he had an engagement to fulfil in his home town, Dunblane. He will join the team at their Chelsea headquarters this afternoon. Lloyd admits that the mood ahead of the match with Austria has been improved by the Murrays repairing their strained relationship.

He explained: 'I was worried because I want to put out my best team. To me, that is Andy and Alex in the singles; and if he is fit and fresh, Andy alongside Jamie in the doubles. I did not do the commentary on the Murrays doubles in Beijing, but I watched it and it was clear they were not getting on.

'It's great news for me, a week before the tie, that the concerns I had have disappeared after speaking to several people at the LTA. It's my job to be aware of potential tensions. I am delighted to have everyone fit and ready to go as a team. From my own experience of playing Davis Cup with my brother, David, I know tensions can arise between brothers. Hopefully, I can make the atmosphere fun this coming week.'

Usually, a family feud would be of little significance to those outside the Murray clan. But with survival in the Davis Cup world group on the line, the suspicion that the Murrays were barely on speaking terms had acquired added importance.

The Murrays became brothers-at-war when Jamie scathingly criticised Andy for missing the Davis Cup tie in Buenos Aires in February. The Murrays did not speak to each other for a fortnight after Argentina thrashed the under-strength British team to condemn them to this relegation tie.

Until recently, Jamie lodged with Andy in his flat at Wandsworth. But he has since bought his own home in the Wimbledon area. He lives the life of a bachelor, whereas Andy has been in a steady relationship with Kim Sears for more than two-and-a-half years.

In New York, Andy and Kim played Scrabble on some nights after usually having dinner with the rest of the players' back-up team: coach Miles Maclagan, fitness trainers Jez Green and Matt Little and physiotherapist Andy Ireland.

Those men are credited with creating the platform for Andy to play world-class tennis. 'I'd be very disappointed with myself if I never won a grand slam championship,' he said. His sombre mood reflected his reaction to the US Open campaign; he was not content with the runner-up trophy. 'I watched the opening ceremony here when winners from the past 40 years paraded on the court,' said Murray, who has climbed to No 4 in the world. 'They don't invite the runner-up.'

Murray's willingness to co-operate with a raft of media duties, while absorbing the pain of defeat, illustrated just how much he is maturing under public scrutiny.

'When you're not enjoying your work you take a lot of baggage home with you,' said Murray. 'Around March-April this year I really started to enjoy myself off the court. We get along great and the team make me feel good about myself.'

The disparity between the Murray brothers' status in the game was apparent in New York. While Andy left the US Open with a cheque for $1million, Jamie won a total of $43,250; $35,000 for finishing runnerup in the mixed doubles and $8,250 for losing with Max Mirnyi in the first round of the men's doubles.

Yet Jamie has accepted without envy that he lives in the twilight world of doubles; and his name is the first Murray to be written on the Wimbledon honours board after he won the mixed doubles championship with Jelena Jankovic in 2007.

But it is Andy, stronger and fitter, who is headed for the stars. In the bowels of the Arthur Ashe Stadium on Monday night, the brothers' father, Willie Murray, offered an insight into the complexities of his younger son.

'As a boy, Andy was temperamental at times, but that's because he is a winner,' he said. 'Andy is a role model - and that's something he should be proud of. There must be a lot of distractions for a top sportsman, but Andy is not going to be tempted.'

In the nick of time, his two sons have restored normal service with one another and offered British tennis genuine hope of remaining in the main arena of the Davis Cup in the process.

redsonja
Sep 13th, 2008, 11:24 PM
They were worried because Andy and Jamie didn't talk for two weeks and then had a spat at the Olympics? :lol: It's a good thing no one's depending on me and my brother, sometimes we don't talk for months. :haha:

Cat123
Sep 14th, 2008, 01:34 AM
What a lot of crap :rolleyes:

Ian Aberdon
Sep 14th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Brothers!! :lol:

~Kiera~
Sep 17th, 2008, 03:52 PM
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Jamie-Murray-Interview.4497760.jp

"You know" x 1000

redsonja
Sep 17th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Ah, least surprising news ever.

Ian Aberdon
Sep 17th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Least he & Max haven't fallen out. He obviously follows Jelena's progress! :lol: :hearts:

redsonja
Sep 17th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Well, it would have been pretty impossible to miss her week as #1. They friggin' well tortured her with it in every possible outlet.

Ian Aberdon
Sep 17th, 2008, 05:16 PM
...& I hope she regains it...:lol:

RFS
Sep 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Lovin' the D'Artagnan look - but Jamie - shifty eyes... like he wanted to be anywhere but there!

~Kiera~
Sep 18th, 2008, 03:10 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/7623313.stm

Jamie Murray splits with Mirnyi

Murray and Mirnyi teamed up at the start of the year
Britain's Jamie Murray has revealed he and Belarussian Max Mirnyi have ended their doubles partnership.

Murray, 22, teamed up with 31-year-old Mirnyi at the start of the year but they have suffered mixed fortunes.

They won their first title together in February, but lost in the first round at three of the four Grand Slams.

"We're looking for other partners," Murray told BBC 5 Live. "It's a shame because we worked hard to try to make it work. It just didn't quite click."

Murray plans to play with a variety of players for the rest of the season as he looks for a new partner.

The doubles world number 33 has been paired with Ross Hutchins in this weekend's Davis Cup tie against Austria at Wimbledon.

Murray says that could become a more regular arrangement next season.

"I guess so," he said. "We might play some tournaments next year."

Cat123
Sep 18th, 2008, 06:03 PM
:awww: It's really sad it didn't work out, but I'm pleased they've seen the light. I would be very happy indeed if Ross & Jamie paired up permanently. :bounce:

Ian Aberdon
Sep 18th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Let's see how Ross & Jamie link up at the DC tie - are BBC showing it?

RFS
Sep 18th, 2008, 07:05 PM
:awww: It's really sad it didn't work out, but I'm pleased they've seen the light. I would be very happy indeed if Ross & Jamie paired up permanently. :bounce:

The trouble is... Ross is too far down the rankings at the moment - so it would be Booty & Stretch-ville all over again with them hoping to squeak in.

They did OK when they paired up in Argentina and I'm looking forward to seeing them at DC at the weekend!

RFS
Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
Davis Cup doubles disaster for Britain (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article4795142.ece)

Barry Flatman - Sunday Times Online:

The use of irony has never been a strong suit of British tennis but the announcer employed by the Lawn Tennis Association to send dismayed fans home from a depressing Davis Cup doubles defeat gave it a good go with “What an amazing day.” It was uttered as Jamie Murray and Ross Hutchins trudged disconsolately away and captain John Lloyd prepared to lay his head on the chopping block after his gamble horrendously backfired.

More fitting adjectives might have been mysterious or mortifying. Exactly why Andy Murray did not again grace the grass of Wimbledon’s No 1 court to partner either his brother or one of his best friends in a doubles encounter that is almost certain to be pivotal in Britain’s bid to maintain cherished elite World Group status against Austria is something to which only the US Open finalist and captain Lloyd are privy.

Certainly Murray wanted to play after making short work of his opening singles rubber on Friday and then declaring he would revel in any opportunity he could get to embarrass the leading Austrian Jurgen Melzer, who cast aspersions over the British No 1’s ability to handle the pressure of being the fourth-ranked player in the world. The fact Murray was hitting on an adjacent practice court at the very moment the problems began to start for Jamie and Hutchins against Melzer and Julian Knowle raised question marks over Lloyd’s claim that he was rested to avoid aggravating an abductor strain which left him only “80-85% fit”.

According to Lloyd the decision not to put his best player into the doubles was his and his alone. “Andy was up for it,” said the British captain. “If we lose this tie, I will take the heat for it. Andy was certainly able to play but he left it up to me. I talked to the medical guys and then came to my decision. I have to look at the big picture. We have to win three matches and I thought this was the way that offered us our best chance.”

What is now indisputable is that this morning Murray must first be sufficiently recuperated and mobile to again prevail over Melzer, against whom he diced with defeat at the recent US Open. Then Alex Bogdanovic, facing Alex Peya, must cast off the negativity born from seven straight first-round exits in Wimbledon Championships and a losing Davis Cup run that stretches through five live singles rubbers, the most recent being Friday’s disintegration against Melzer when he led by a set and had two break points to extend the lead.

Anything less than two victories will send Britain back to the ignominy of the Euro-African Zone Group One against the probable likes of Belgium, the Slovak Republic, Macedonia and Belarus. Whether Andy Murray will make himself available for such encounters, given the fact he opted to miss February's World Group opener in Argentina, is extremely dubious.

Britain have not won a World Group encounter since the autumn of 1986 but the mood in the camp had previously been bullish with Murray’s progression to his first Grand Slam final in New York, followed by the announcement of a £30m sponsorship deal with AEGON that made most of the world’s national tennis association’s envious of the LTA.

A loss of World Group status would only serve to underline the anomaly between achievement and wealth but LTA chief executive Roger Draper insisted: “It’s important for British tennis that we keep our place in the World Group but the deal with AEGON goes across the whole sport. There is nothing written in the contract saying we have to be in the World Group but obviously we want to make British tennis successful.

“If we did lose to Austria it would be a blip along the way but confidence is quite high. Winning and keeping our place would be fantastic but if we lost it wouldn’t be the end of the world.

“It would mean regrouping but there are so many good things going on across British tennis that one loss would not deflect us from the journey we are on.”

The expressions on the faces of a dispirited Jamie Murray and Hutchins contradicted such optimism after their emphatic 6-4 6-3 6-1 defeat. Knowle, the world’s 15th ranked doubles player and a former US Open champion whose father was born and raised in London, was clearly a performer of a far higher calibre and the fact his playing partnership with Melzer dates back nearly eight years was always apparent. As Knowle correctly maintained: “We were better at everything.”

Service breaks against the British pair proliferated, particularly at the first opportunity in all three sets, and their volleying ability left much to be desired. In fact such was their dismay with the performance that Murray considered personally apologising to the crowd who had each paid £17 for just 101 minutes of action. “I certainly did not play anywhere near my best level,” he said. “It did not feel good to be out there in front of 9,000 people and getting our butts felt for all the match.”

So now we await the re-emergence of Andy Murray and then another examination of Bogdanovic; a player about whom Lloyd remarked, when he was a BBC commentator for the unsuccessful tie against Israel on Eastbourne’s grass only two years and two months ago, that it would be a gamble to select him again.

Last night Lloyd was trying to stoke Bogdanovic’s brittle self-belief, telling him not to read the newspapers and reminding him that today’s opponent Peya went within a point of defeat against Richard Bloomfield (a player the British captain has never considered picking) in this summer’s Wimbledon qualifying competition. Hopefully, what would correctly be termed an amazing day is in store.

redsonja
Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:54 PM
As Knowle correctly maintained: “We were better at everything.”

:lol:

RFS
Sep 23rd, 2008, 10:50 PM
Words from the man himself (http://www.jamiemurray.org/news/article/255)

RFS
Sep 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Jamie is playing Metz with Preeeeeety Feli

From jm.org (http://jamiemurray.org/news/article/257)

And... gone is the "Jamie of the Antarctic" look... D'artagnan Murray rides no more...!

Cat123
Sep 28th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Ooh, interesting!!! I actually have NO idea how that one's gonan go. They could be brilliant, it could be a total disaster.

Ross :hearts: In a final. Eeeeeeee. Hope he wins.

RFS
Sep 28th, 2008, 10:49 AM
It's really frustrating - according to the OOp the first 2 matches of the day have been played - and I caught the end of the Roddick/Sela LS - but they still only have yesterday's results in the Results Tab so I have no idea whether hussy/hot-hutch won...!

Cat123
Sep 28th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Oh, I didn't realised it had been played already!!

And where were you looking?! It's here http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/scores/ And they won! :bounce:

RFS
Sep 28th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Awesome for them - I was just watching the LS scoreboard 'cos I am knee deep in other stuff at the mo.

I hope that Jamie can pull off a good run at Metz - get his confidence up a bit now...

Cat123
Sep 28th, 2008, 11:03 AM
~I want piiiiiiictures!

RFS
Sep 30th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Gah - Pretty Feli and Moppy lost to the Poles Fyrstenberg/Matkowski (which is a bit of a beast of a R1 draw for a scratch pairing...)... 36 57 ... :sad:

Edit: uh Oh - this doesn't sound good - wonder if Jamie hasn't got anyone else lined up - his webby is reporting that he's flying back home today...

Edit: aha - Apparantly in Moscow with Andy will be Moppy's next outing...
Metz Article (http://www.tennishead.net/on-tour/murray-inc/2008-10-01/black-tuesday-for-murray-in-metz/)

RFS
Oct 4th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Jamie-Watch
Well I wasn't expecting to have to say this in recent months but...

Seeded #1 - Jamie and Jordan Kerr !!!

He and Jordan have played a few times before I think and had good results...

Anyway - fingers crossed that his recent spell in London working on his game have helped

Jamies Latest Blog (http://jamiemurray.org/news/article/259)

Cat123
Oct 7th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Oh, you useless boys. :rolleyes: That was not how it was meant to go.

On the other (slightly more selfish) hand, Mischa :hearts: :tape:

RFS
Oct 7th, 2008, 08:02 PM
oh no fucking way... jesus!

RFS
Oct 14th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Jamie Watch
The Bros went out to Clement and Llodra (again, sigh)at the Madrid Masters (http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/oct/14/andymurray-tennis) but for once - jamie's serve seemed to be stronger... he's been working on that a lot and even though he went out early in Metz too - he said on his webby that he was playing a whole lot better so maybe not all bad... but of course - playing with Andy for Masters pairings is no closer to getting the boy a partner for next year!

Doubles defeat fails to dim Murray's Madrid comeback confidence - Steve Bierley, The Guardian
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2008/10/13/460MurraysJasperJuinenGetty.jpg
Jamie and Andy Murray fell to a defeat in the Madrid Masters at the hands of Arnaud Clément and Michaël Llodra. Photograph: Jasper Juinen/Getty Images

Andy and Jamie Murray were beaten in the opening round of the Madrid Masters doubles, losing 6-4, 6-3 against Arnaud Clément and Michaël Llodra, the same French pairing that knocked the brothers out of the Beijing Olympics in the second round.

The Scottish pair had already saved one break point but their opponents made the most of chance number two in the 10th game - on the Andy Murray serve - to take the opening set. Clément and

Llodra took charge of the second set early on when they broke Andy Murray again in the fourth game but the Scots spurned a decent chance to hit back in the seventh game. They opened up a 30-0 lead on

Clément's serve but were unable to hammer home their advantage as the French pairing rattled off four straight points to take the game before going on to secure the match.

Andy Murray now turns his attention to the singles in Madrid where he will face Italy's Simone Bolelli - a man he has never played before but who yesterday defeated Spain's Nicolás Almagro 7-6, 6-1 - after receiving a bye in the first round. Should the Scottish world No4 win, the rest of the draw could see him facing Fernando González, Andy Roddick and Roger Federer in subsequent rounds.

Murray could face the world No1 and home favourite Rafael Nadal if he reaches the final but he is not thinking about revenge for his defeat by the Spaniard in the third round of last year's Madrid Masters. "We are in opposite sides of the draw so there is a lot of tennis to be played before we could face each other," he said.

"I'm not sure I'm going to get there so we'll have to wait and see but there was a great atmosphere when I played him last year."

The 21-year-old has been enjoying some time off since the Davis Cup clash against Austria three weeks ago, and his appearance in the Spanish capital this week will be his first tour event since reaching the US Open final. He is well aware that he needs to be firing on all cylinders almost straight away in Madrid with 37 of the world's top 38 players taking part.

"I'm feeling good, I had a few weeks off after the Davis Cup so I feel pretty fresh," said the British No1. "It's been good to have a bit of time off. The whole summer was good for me, barring the Olympics, where I didn't play particularly well.

"I won my first Masters series and Wimbledon was obviously not a bad few weeks for me. I feel confident, I'm at my highest world ranking and I'm looking forward to the start of the tournament.

"In these sorts of tournaments you could play a guy in the top 20 in your first match. You've got to be ready from the start."

Cat123
Oct 14th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I still think Bjorkman should retire so Jamie can pinch Kev!! They got to a Semi together didn't they? It's clearly the answer to everrything.

RFS
Oct 14th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Well... um Bjorkman is retiring - but I guess they're playing together to the end as they are fairly high in the race.

Poor Jamie - he seemed to have success with anyone except Max!

RFS
Oct 15th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Jamie Murray ready to put his feet up: Troubles in doubles with brother Andy as his season hits a low (Mike Dickson - Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1077368/Jamie-Murray-ready-feet-Troubles-doubles-brother-Andy-season-hits-low.html)

One sure thing that emerged from yesterday for Jamie Murray is that Great Britain's Davis Cup tie against Ukraine next March will be held in Glasgow.

Otherwise, there was nothing but uncertainties as he and brother Andy went down
6-4, 6-3 in the first round of the Madrid Masters to their Olympic conquerors Michael
Llodra and Arnaud Clement.

In fact, so up in the air are the plans of Britain’s top doubles player that he is not even sure whether he will play any more this season and he is considering declining
his sibling’s offer to play with him in Paris in a fortnight.

Before then Andy will be preoccupied with the task of beating Italian No 2 Simone Bolelli in today’s singles second round, into which he was given a bye.

As for Jamie, the sight of the two Frenchmen across the net was only a reminder that
his year started to peter out badly when they thrashed him and his brother in the second round of Beijing.

Since then he has lost six consecutive first rounds and split from the experienced Max Mirnyi, with no partner as yet to replace him and nobody lined up for next year’s Australian Open.

Like many sportsmen, not just in tennis, Jamie has not found his second year at the
highest level the easiest and there has not been the glittering cherry of a mixed
doubles Wimbledon title.

Yet it has hardly been disastrous and his current ranking of 33 means he has broadly
retained his status after solid results in the first two-thirds of a grinding season.

‘I was playing well going into the Olympics but the last couple of months have been quite tough,’ he said.

‘For a second year it hasn’t been too bad, but I’m ready to stop for the season. I’m
not quite sure what I’m going to do and I’ll have a think about it over the next couple
of days.

‘I would like to find somebody to play Australia with and then I will take it from there. I’m not panicking about it.’

As he reflected, it would have been hard for the brothers to have played worse than
they did in Beijing against last year’s Wimbledon champions, and while looking
more harmonious together, they were again comprehensively outplayed.
Michael Llodra and Arnaud Clement

Michael Llodra lays a shot at the net with his partner Arnaud Clement watching on

The sparsely populated secondary court they played in at lunchtime, an ugly add-on to the Madrid Arena complex, was an illustration of the different worlds that the Murrays inhabit.

To reach the top of his more modest tree Jamie admitted he needs to strive harder and he resolved to work on a left-handed serve that ought to bring him more free points.

In fact, it was Andy who yesterday had the problem holding. He dropped his serve to lose the first set and was again serving when the decisive break was gained in
the second - to a display of racket-throwing fury.

Murray plays this afternoon against the talented Bolelli, whose style slightly brings to
mind that of Roger Federer, albeit an inferior version.

Federer plays tomorrow,despite having aired the possibility that he might not take
part in any more tournaments this year after the recent rigours of the Olympics, US Open and a Davis Cup tie.

He mentioned it when he pulled out of last year’s Stockholm Open purely on the
basis that he was tired, which is hardly a good example to set for someone who sits on the ATP player council.

‘I could have said that I had a problem with my toe or my foot, but why lie? I try to be
straight with people and, of course, I feel bad about it,’ he said.

‘The schedule this year has been difficult because of the Olympics and it being so
far away, and I’m taking things week by week.’

Cat123
Oct 15th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Seriously? That's suprising...

RFS
Oct 19th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Well further bad news from the new partner for Jamie camp - looks like Kev Ullyett is reprising his partnership with Bruno Soares according to a poster in MTF - but - the news of Jamie's early end to the season is slightly premature as the boy is back in action in Lyon with Robert Lindstedt so - come the fuck on, lad - get a win for the end of the season!

RFS
Oct 22nd, 2008, 10:33 AM
Jamie Watch

A win... at long fucking last!
His first tour win since Cincy!

60-76(7) against Melo/Sa no less... so a good confidence boost for him.

Article from jm.org (http://jamiemurray.org/news/article/266)

Cat123
Oct 22nd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Woop!! Now, keep it going... :unsure: :hug:

Cat123
Oct 29th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Oh my. Look at the Madrid doubles draw/OOP http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/352/op.pdf

:tape: This actually upsets me a little... :awww:

RFS
Oct 29th, 2008, 11:55 AM
yeah I know. Whilst he's sounding a little more postive in his blog in general - that's gotta be hard!
Mind you - he met Booty twice this year and beat him, so... y'know...

Cat123
Oct 29th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Not quite so soon after their split though...

I like the sound of Marin & Max as a pair :tape: Sorry.

RFS
Oct 29th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Oh my good LORD that was a close one... Jamie and Pavel WIN 62 67(5) 10-8!!!!

Way to GO Jamie!

Tashi
Oct 29th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Jamie!:bounce:

Cat123
Nov 15th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Jamie should not be playing challengers :sad: I'm upset by this downward turn of events....

Ian Aberdon
Nov 15th, 2008, 05:28 PM
OMG is he? :scratch:

Good luck to him, I've oft wondered if he has thought about switching to golf, which I believe he was very good at.

redsonja
Nov 15th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I should think that if he's got a handicap in golf, he's not professional level. Not that I know anything about golf.

Also, that challenger in Ukraine is a really good quality Challenger. The problem isn't that he's playing Challengers, lots of mid-ranked players play Challengers for match play when there's not much else going on. The problem is that he's playing Challengers and losing in the first round.

Ian Aberdon
Nov 15th, 2008, 07:35 PM
S Bubka? He's playing against a pole vaulter??!!:lol:

Joke:
Athlete 1: Are you a polevaulter?
Athlete 2: No a highjumper, but how did you know my name is Walter?
:rolleyes:

Ian Aberdon
Nov 26th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Quiet, innit? :yawn:

See Jamiekins pictured in a UK tabloid rag with Michelle Mone, UK bra supremo.

His cup runneth over! :lol:

Wonder if she gave him any tips...eg. swing THROUGH the ball. Or - Jelena would look good in red...:cool:

Ian Aberdon
Nov 30th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Jamie is due on the Gabby Logan radio show, BBC Radio 5 Live, 10-12noon.

Given the sort of show the the GL Show is, I am hoping she'll ask him some "JJ" questions, & if they still keep in touch (& any other titbits).

I think he's there to talk about the upcoming Masters event at the Royal Albert Hall, London, but hopefully the conservation will not just include talk about his brother!!
----------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Well, he came, she interviewed, he went. Nothing to see here ladies & gents, move along now. :rolleyes:

Cat123
Dec 12th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Stretch & Booty back together again hmmm? Interesting!! :lol:

RFS
Dec 12th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Only for AO - looks like he picks up with Dusan Vemic I think before ... I'm hoping that works out... Andy rates him as a great athlete and he's a handy returner - something Jamie needs so he can do his thing at the net...
Booty - not so much with the returning (suspect that's where the cracks started to show ... and same with Max...)

Cat123
Dec 13th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Jamie definitely needs a good returner. Let's face it, the highlight of his career came with the best in the business :cool:

RFS
Dec 13th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Jamie definitely needs a good returner. Let's face it, the highlight of his career came with the best in the business :cool:

:yeah:
Damn right it did :worship:

RFS
Dec 18th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Sixty Seconds with JimBob (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15122008/58/60-seconds-jamie-murray.html)

Ian Aberdon
Dec 18th, 2008, 09:15 AM
:haha: at the sewn pockets!!!

Good luck in finding a permanent partner, JM.

ps. oh, & tell MurrA about his constant use of "you know", you know? :devil:

RFS
Dec 29th, 2008, 08:52 AM
More news (http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/12/28/jamie-murray-to-quit-sleeping-on-brother-s-sofa-in-new-year-78057-21000014/)on the potential partnership with Vemic:

Jamie Murray to quit sleeping on brother's sofa in New Year

Dec 28 2008 By Heather Greenaway

TENNIS ace Jamie Murray will see in the New Year by moving off wee brother Andy's sofa.

The 22-year-old, who spent Christmas at home in Dunblane with Andy and the rest of the family, says 2009 is looking bright - on and off court.

He is forging a new doubles partnership with Serbian ace Dusan Vemic and is set to move into his new pad in Wimbledon.

Jamie said: "After a long search it seems I have found a tennis partner that I click with.

"Dusan is a strong player and with a lot of hard work I'm hoping we will win tournaments together.

"Away from tennis, I am looking forward to doing up my new flat in Wimbledon. All the main things are done but I still have lots of little bits to finish.

"It's great to have my own place as I have been sleeping on Andy's couch and now all I have to do is roll out of bed and go to training."

Jamie, a former Wimbledon mixed doubles champ, is also looking forward to playing Davis Cup games in Glasgow next year.

He said: "Hopefully both Andy and I will be on the team and get the chance to play a big tournament on home soil. I can only imagine what the atmosphere is going to be like."

Jamie teamed up with his tennis coach mum Judy last week for a special training session - with 40 Sunday Mail contest winners.

The thrilled kids were put through their paces by the duo at David Lloyd leisure centre in Renfrew.

We teamed up with Highland Spring - official sponsors of Tennis Scotland - for the event, where the children were given one-to-one tuition on serving, co-ordination and fitness skills. Aiden Donati, eight, of Erskine - who emerged as top boy after an amazing 100-volley rally with Jamie - said: "This has been the best day ever.

"I cannot believe I kept the ball going for so long.

"Andy and Jamie are my heroes and I want to be like them when I grow up."

Top girl was Jodie Smith, 10, of Bathgate, West Lothian.

Holly Docherty, seven, of Renfrew, got to partner Judy in a doubles match against Jamie and Aiden.

She said: "I really like tennis and was excited when I got to play in a match with Judy. I want to do it all over again."

Jamie strives to raise the profile of tennis in Scotland but insists Andy deserves most of the credit.

He said: "Andy is a great role model for the sport, especially after the year he has had. He is No.4 in the world, has beaten Federer and Nadal and won big tournaments.

"Kids look up to him the way they do to Celtic and Rangers players, which is amazing."

Judy, who dreams of opening a Scottish tennis academy, was delighted with the enthusiasm and skill shown by our young winners.

She said: "It is important that we show kids that tennis is not just for TV. It is alive and well in Scotland and played by normal people.

"There were some cracking little kids here today and I hope they will take what they have learned home with them and keep playing.

"Kicking a football about may be easy to do but so is tennis. All you need is a bit of space and someone to play against. Hopefully, my boys will inspire them."

Sally Stanley, marketing director of Highland Spring, said: "This event was a great success and all the kids were enthusiastic and keen to learn.

"Weare proud supporters of Team Murray and actively support British tennis at a grassroots level."

Judy is looking forward to 2009 but admits last year will always be special as she got to watch both her sons play in the US Open.

She said: "My dream for 2009 is to make progress on a national academy...and to get fit."

Ian Aberdon
Dec 29th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Jamie seems to click with Serbs, no? :devil:

дalex
Dec 29th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I really hope Jamie and Dusan will have a great partnership. I always thought Dusan was good doubles player but last season was so good for him, SF at RG with that Brazilian guy - didn't expect that at all.

Good luck to them in 2009.

Oh, in that TV show the other day, JJ so dodged the question about Jamie. She said the kisses weren't about flirting or anything romantic, but that it's all part of mixed doubles partnership. She said nothing was happening between her and Jamie and that everything was blown up by British tabloids. Really, JJ? :hehehe:

Brena
Dec 29th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I really hope Jamie and Dusan will have a great partnership. I always thought Dusan was good doubles player but last season was so good for him, SF at RG with that Brazilian guy - didn't expect that at all.

Good luck to them in 2009.

Oh, in that TV show the other day, JJ so dodged the question about Jamie. She said the kisses weren't about flirting or anything romantic, but that it's all part of mixed doubles partnership. She said nothing was happening between her and Jamie and that everything was blown up by British tabloids. Really, JJ? :hehehe:

:lol: Yes, she was all like ''Oh, those tabloids, I hate when they write so much about me and when there are my pictures all over the place..'' riiiiiiiiight, we believe you. :lol:

Ian Aberdon
Dec 29th, 2008, 02:55 PM
The Lady doth protest too much! :lol:

Cat123
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Oooh, exciting news!! I don't know all that much about this Dusan fellow (actually, nothing at all) but the fact that he's Serbian amuses me intensely! :lol: Good luck to them!! :D Look forward to cheering them on at Queens and Wimbley!! :yeah:

Edit: He was born in Croatia apparently. It's close!!

RFS
Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:51 AM
Jamie and Eric went down to Lapentti/Robredo 64 64...
At least that's shut the Booty worshippers up on Jamie's site.

Hopefully he'll get a little further with his 4th seeding with Liezel...

Cat123
Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:27 AM
Oh Jamie... :rolleyes:

I love watching him and Liezel play! (Not that I'm expecting to see that much at *this* tournament) If only mixed was played more often than 4 times a year :lol: I expect them to make the quarters at least! He's having \ touch time of it at the moment isn't he? I'm glad Liezel's not jumped ship! :lol:

RFS
Jan 22nd, 2009, 03:22 PM
Times (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article5565031.ece) - Jamie Murray has become British tennis's problem boy
Originally posted by cazza in Andy's forum

This is a pretty brutal assessment of Jamie's fortunes (or lack of)...

From Times Online
January 22, 2009
Jamie Murray has become British tennis's problem boy - Barry Flatman, Sunday Times Tennis Correspondent
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00472/Jamie-Murray_472419a.jpg
During the good times, when Jamie Murray was doing sufficiently well to ensure the pinnacle of British tennis was a family affair, a smile invariably grew across his face and he informed whoever wanted to listen that he was ‘living the dream’. Now it has become something of a nightmare.

Things could not be more diverse in the Murray camp at Melbourne Park. On one side there is Andy, going from strength to strength and being viewed in many quarters as the favourite to win a first Grand Slam singles title. On the other there is Jamie who simply seems to have lost his way.

Murray Major cut a disconsolate figure as he trudged back to the men’s locker rooms after a first round exit from the Australian Open’s men’s doubles – the fourth time he has made such a dispirited journey in his last five tournaments. Indeed the once bright and breezy elder brother is in serious danger of being overtaken by Ross Hutchins as Britain’s highest ranked doubles player and his place in the British Davis Cup team for the forthcoming encounter with the Ukraine in Glasgow hangs in the balance.

The thought of being supplanted by a Sassenach in a tie that is designed to glorify the new breed of Scottish tennis cannot be a happy one. But Murray has more pressing issues currently on his mind – the fact that his self-confidence is shot to pieces and a doubles player who does not believe in his serve and volley may as well not even bother to take the court.

There were all the normal signs of a successful Murray show around Melbourne Park’s Court No. 19. A couple of Saltire flags were draped across seats, tartan hats were much in evidence along with Scottish international rugby and football shirts. All that was missing was some positive showings on the playing surface.

“I served like a dog and did not help my partner out too much at all,” said Murray, who for this one tournament was reunited with the American Eric Butorac who was at the Scot’s side when he made his breakthrough onto the world stage a couple of years ago by winning the San Jose title in the same week kid brother Andy won the singles crown. “Once you start to doubt yourself on court, then you are going to struggle a bit.”

Hopefully things will improve when Murray gets back together with his new regular partner Dusan Vemic of Serbia who was already committed to playing with somebody else. The pair intend to head for tournaments in Zagreb and Rotterdam in forthcoming weeks to try and drag Murray out of his rut.

Melbourne’s ever changing weather threw in a horrendous problem for those players who rely on a high service percentage; the wind blowing in from Port Phillip Bay was so strong and gusty that the ball toss before serving was a complete lottery. Murray suffered as much as anyone and after suffering four breaks of serve, he appeared like somebody who had completely run out of ideas.

Sadly there were far more things wrong with Murray’s game than just the serve as he and Butorac lost out 6-4,6-4 to a pair of seasoned singles players Tommy Robredo of Spain and Ecuador’s Nicolas Lapentti who had never played together before. Regardless of establishing the Booty and Stretch double act that propelled them to something approaching tennis fame, it was Murray and Butorac who hardly seemed acquainted.

Time and again the ball flew between them as the opposition, neither of which normally venture far from the baseline as a matter of course, relied on forceful ground strokes to advance. Murray has never been the greatest of on-court movers but there were occasions when he became positively pedestrian.

For the most part he seemed on the back foot, rather than going on the attack, and didn’t play with any form of bounce in step. Questions will most certainly be asked and perhaps one is exactly why he did not accompany his brother on the intensive training programme that took place in Miami during December.

Hutchins, whose doubles partnership with Aussie Simon Huss is progressing nicely with a first round win over the Argentine partnership of Agustin Calleri and Eduardo Schwank, was there pushing his body to limit on the running track and in the gymnasium. However his rival for a place in the British team elected to stay at home, play some hit and giggle doubles at the Royal Albert Hall veterans tournament with the likes of old stagers Mansour Bahrami and Henri Leconte and have a few good pre-Yuletide nights out in London.

Lloyd will be naming his side to face the Ukraine in the next few days and has made it clear, after the debacle that was the defeat to Austria on the grass of Wimbledon’s No 1 Court last September, that only one doubles player will be included in the British foursome. Instead of Hutchins and Jamie Murray linking up, only one of them will be chosen to link up with Andy Murray.

Perhaps it is significant that the younger Murray has been spending far more of his off court time with December training partner Hutchins than his brother. Then again arduous experiences of sweat and agony do not just unite men, they also make for fitter and more confident tennis players.

The British problem boy will not be leaving just yet as he is sticking around to contest to Mixed Doubles alongside Liezil Huber who he partnered to US Open final last September. And of course it was the

2007 Mixed Doubles campaign at Wimbledon with Jelena Jankovic that established the Jamie Murray profile as someone other than20just simply Andy’s elder brother.

Profiles are useless if the results don’t come. The time is here for Jamie Murray to take serious stock of his playing aspirations.

Wrekin
Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:05 PM
This kind of analysis has been brewing for the last 18 months. It's hard to know where the problem lies; he's definitely got talent. He clearly needs someone rock-solid playing alongside him, I'd say, rather than Jamie himself providing inspired leadership on court.

Cat123
Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:36 PM
:awww: :hug:
nothing more to say really.

Ian Aberdon
Jan 22nd, 2009, 07:41 PM
Barry Flatman is quite right. It shouldn't take his mum to knock some sense into him but maybe Judy should be having a word. Either Jamie knuckles down or he...takes up golf. :rolleyes:

Michael27
Feb 17th, 2009, 02:05 AM
I am delighted to be able to report that Jamie and Dusan won 6-3, 6-2 beating Mirnyi and Kendrick

Wrekin
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I was just about to resurrect this thread with the same piece of positive news when I saw Michael got there first! (what keeps you up until 2.00am on a Monday, Michael? :)).

Ironic it was against Max for what I think is his first win of the season. Maybe they can do a bit better now.

Alas it's a bit late now: :awww:

http://www.lta.org.uk/News/All-news-items/2009-02-16/Hutchins-selected-in-GB-Davis-Cup-team/

GB Captain John Lloyd has selected Ross Hutchins in the AEGON GB Davis Cup team for next month’s tie against Ukraine.

Great Britain will meet Ukraine in the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Europe/Africa Zone Group I from 6-8th March at Braehead Arena, Renfrewshire.

Lloyd, who made a decision in January to select one doubles specialist in the team, was forced to choose between Jamie Murray and Ross Hutchins.

“Choosing between two quality doubles players was always going to be tough,” said Lloyd.

“I’ve been studying the players since the last tie in September and feel that Ross has been playing the better tennis over the last four or five months so he gets the nod this time.

“Jamie is a very talented doubles player and has always thrived in the Davis Cup environment and I have no doubt that he will feature in the team in the future.

“With Andy and Ross in the team, it is up to the guys in the play-offs to step up and show that they are ready to play for Great Britain.”

The GB Davis Cup play-offs will take place at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton on Monday 23rd February, Wednesday 25th February and Friday 27th February.

Six players will be hoping to impress John Lloyd and GB Davis Cup Coach Paul Annacone and gain a place in the team. The six players are:

* Josh Goodall
* Alex Slabinsky
* James Ward
* Dan Evans
* Chris Eaton
* Colin Fleming

Good for Ross though. :dance:

RFS
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:38 PM
He and Dusan won their first match this year... and then lost... a lot!
So - hopefully the fact that he and Dule CREAMED Max and Kendrick... will give him some confidence.

And having watched Ross up close and personal at DC - yeah - he's played a lot more consistently (damn you JJ for that vocab!) and in a way it's prolly better for Jamie to work on his own ranking - Ross is coming up fast ... Jamie wants to keep ahead.

Also... As good as it is to see he and Andy play - I do think JL has a point that sometimes they try too hard for each other and the results don't come for them...

Anyway - hope this is a good turnaround for the moppy one!

Michael27
Feb 17th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I was just about to resurrect this thread with the same piece of positive news when I saw Michael got there first! (what keeps you up until 2.00am on a Monday, Michael? :)).

Ken, I was watching the match on LS with a few other supporters from Jamie's web site. :D

Since he won, it was worth staying up for.......:)

Wrekin
Apr 9th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Remember this thread? :)

There hasn't been much to say about Jamie lately, but his latest blog is worth a read.

He's come down in the world, and he knows it.

Hey everyone

So, I’m playing in a challenger in Athens this week with my good friend Jamie Delgado. I tried to play in Casablanca but couldn’t find a partner as a lot of guys will go to play qualifying in Monte Carlo once they are finished in the singles.

But, I felt I needed to try and get back to winning ways - get that winning feeling again - so I decided to play in Athens with Delgy, and so far its paid dividends: we got a win today against the tough pairing of Dominic Hrbaty and Lukas Rosol.

From my point of view, I thought we played a good match on a very poor court - it kind of suffered from the rain! It felt good to get the job done especially in such a close match.

Most fans will never really get to see life at the Challenger level, simply because it isn’t televised, but I think the guys get a raw deal. I don’t think the prize money has gone up in the last 20 years, and you know what, the standard is very high.

Most guys are almost at Tour level and everybody is scrapping to win points so they can sneak into some tour events. For some reason the money is so poor, and it’s so tough to get out of it and onto the main tour.

Anyway, we play the next round against a couple Russians so I expect another tough one.

What can I tell you aside from the obvious? Well, we’ve been eating at this restaurant across the road from our hotel which looks absolutely hanging from the outside but serves great Greek food inside: Delgy has had more Greek salads then Nick the Greek himself!

We went down to the port on the weekend to have dinner, and have a little walk around. I can imagine there being some good parties going on in Athens! Maybe we will be around here long enough to get involved. Tennis first though.

Speak soon

Jamie

RFS
Jun 18th, 2009, 08:01 AM
A Good time for a "better times" bump... it seems where one slumps, the other follows ...

Off-form Jamie Murray's at breaking point after disastrous run of form (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-1193798/Off-form-Jamie-Murrays-breaking-point-disastrous-run-form.html)
By Alex Kay
Struggling Jamie Murray may take an extended break from tennis if his results do not improve.

Murray became the first Briton to win a senior title at Wimbledon in 20 years when he triumphed in the mixed doubles with Jelena Jankovic in 2007, but he has failed to capitalise on that success.

He has endured a miserable 2009, winning just nine matches. He was also dropped from Britain’s Davis Cup team.
Jamie Murray and doubles partner Serbia's Jelena Jankovic
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/17/article-0-011C25DC000004B0-363_468x352.jpg
Halcyon days: Jankovic and Murray's smiles lit up Wimbledon two years ago

Murray, the 23-year-old elder brother of British No Andy, said: ‘I could walk away. Anyone can do that in life. It’s hard sometimes, especially if you’re not having much success and things aren’t going your way. Sometimes it’s good to take a complete break. You can switch off from it, not worry about it, not think about it too much and just go and do different things. It might help me.

‘It’s not much fun turning up at tournaments and losing on the Monday or the Tuesday, which has happened a lot this year.’

Murray has played with 18 different partners since splitting with Eric Butorac in July 2007, and has watched his ranking slip from No 27 to 65.

He will partner Israel’s Jonathan Erlich, an accomplished doubles player, at Wimbledon, but the pair lost in the first round of the AEGON International at Eastbourne yesterday.

Wrekin
Jun 18th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Better times indeed

Sometimes it’s good to take a complete break. You can switch off from it, not worry about it, not think about it too much and just go and do different things. It might help me.

They've both been in Eastbourne. You could almost believe they've talked it over :awww:

RFS
Jun 18th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Yeppers... that thought had actually crossed my mind.
But I'm too depressed to think they'd take a break together!

Come to think of it... at this rate THEY'D be too depressed!

Wrekin
Jun 18th, 2009, 08:26 AM
But I'm too depressed

Not just on account of JJ surely? Is this work issues?

to think they'd take a break together!

Probably not a good idea as things stand :lol:

RFS
Jun 18th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Yeah - mainly work stuff.... but just not enough hours in the day - although.... continual drinking in the summer sunshine of London this week has made the trawling up to Manchester over the last 3 weeks a little more bearable!

RFS
Jun 20th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Jamie also gets the new "retro" FP kit...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3339/3641112938_eb1cf7a4d1.jpg?v=0

http://nsa07.casimages.com/img/2009/06/20/090620104958213664.jpg

http://nsa08.casimages.com/img/2009/06/20/090620105259778392.jpg

Ian Aberdon
Jun 21st, 2009, 09:35 AM
I didn't know Jamie was a tennis star! ;)

RFS
Jun 21st, 2009, 03:58 PM
ooooh - Apparantly Jamie IS playing the mixed... with a fresh partner... my money's on Blondy Bondy!

pj5
Jun 21st, 2009, 04:36 PM
I must say JJ got it all wrong.
She should have played with jamie last year. (feel she's so emotionally messed up)
She probably believed all that hype, and just ran away.
Don't know - sort of feel that she owes it to him, but ... too late.

RFS
Jun 30th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Jamie Murray confident he and Liezel Huber can be winning combination at Wimbledon - Jamie Murray, Times Online, 29th June 2009 (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article6597483.ece)

Bit of a minor celebration going on last night. Had dinner with my grandparents, Roy and Shirley, who have come down from Scotland to spend the week, after a really nice day off. I was feeling a bit of back pain, so I decided to take it easy after playing late on Saturday night.

Back to it today, though. My mixed doubles partner, Liezel Huber, wants to run through some practice before we play again tomorrow. She has her eyes on the Wimbledon title and really, really wants to win this one. I must say I am up for it as well. Two Murrays in Wimbledon finals in the same year — now that would be something.

Liezel is fantastic. She is not the No 1 ranked women’s doubles player for nothing. She has fantastic motivation and is brilliant on the court. I really like playing with her and she keeps saying we have a grand slam win in us after narrowly missing out in the US Open final last year.

We are very different, although we really enjoy each other’s company. And we only got together by accident — I actually asked her women’s doubles team-mate, Cara Black, originally. I was at a loose end after Wimbledon in 2007, when I had that fantastic win in the mixed doubles with Jelena Jankovic. Jelena wanted to concentrate on her singles career, so I had nobody to play with as the US Open approached.

I asked Cara and she had already found a partner. Next thing I knew, Liezel rang and decided she wanted to give it a try and it has worked out really well.

Picking a partner is a really strange one. You have no idea how it is going to work out until you start playing. There is no scientific process, you just hope it will happen. You might have two really good singles players on the court and it doesn’t work out, or you might have somebody alongside you who is a really big-hitter, but that stops you finding any rhythm. It’s tough to say what is going to be good and what is going to be bad.

What you do need to be successful is continuity. Players get together sometimes for the two weeks of a tournament and it is just a matter of what happens. But you need somebody to fight for you and who believes it matters a lot — like Liezel. That is why she believes we can win as our relationship builds and is stopping any other women approaching me right now.

I was disappointed when Jelena didn’t want to carry on after that Wimbledon win. That relationship was an accident; we had met at a party and I knew her coach. A few days before Wimbledon, we bumped into each other on the practice courts, I said: “How about it?”, and she decided to give it a try. I don’t think she had any idea what she was letting herself in for, though. As we got nearer and nearer the final, people got more and more interested in us, asking if we were dating and stuff like that. It was a bit embarrassing but good fun and our relationship on court was fantastic, laughing and joking. It was all a bit of a dream and we could hardly believe we got to the final. We were just as relaxed on the Centre Court, still giggling and having fun in front of a massive crowd who were really rooting for us. It was the best experience.

One of the things Jelena told everyone was that she promised to kiss me for every good point I won. That set everybody thinking I had a crush on her — nobody asked if she had a crush on me!

Anyway, I am still waiting to collect on those kisses. I might remind her when I see her next. Liezel is very different. She is married and Tony, her husband, is her coach and has become a good friend.

She is very determined and focused and knows exactly when to joke and when to be serious and what to do in matches, which is why I hope we can do really well this year at Wimbledon.

I can’t remember but people keep telling me Liezel hit me on the head with a water bottle at the Australian Open this year to gee me up.

Sounds about right, I have to admit. Prefer the kisses option, though.

Cilla
Jun 30th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Aww. Jamie may have a new gf (if the match last night was anything to by ;)) but he'll always carry a torch for JJ ;)

дalex
Jun 30th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I can’t remember but people keep telling me Liezel hit me on the head with a water bottle at the Australian Open this year to gee me up.

Sounds about right, I have to admit. Prefer the kisses option, though.

:lol:

Ah the good times...

RFS
Jun 30th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Aww. Jamie may have a new gf (if the match last night was anything to by ;)) but he'll always carry a torch for JJ ;)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/30/article-1196424-058906DC000005DC-919_634x305.jpg

Rych
Jun 30th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I must say JJ got it all wrong.
She should have played with jamie last year. (feel she's so emotionally messed up)
She probably believed all that hype, and just ran away.
Don't know - sort of feel that she owes it to him, but ... too late.
Agreed. She sort of missed an open goal, there. She and Jamie could've built on and consolidated the crowd support they enjoyed in 2007, and she probably could've carried some of that over into her singles rounds at Wimbledon. As it is, with no mixed re-match, plus her carping on about needing a helicopter to reach her assigned court last year, and her damning of Melanie Oudin with the faintest of praise this, she may've let a great crowd boost for future Wimblys through her fingers and into the ether for good. Unless...she and Jamie can decide to get it on again, tennis-wise, and give us 'JJ and Stretch: The Sequel.'

RFS
Jul 1st, 2009, 06:30 AM
Yep = certianly on the first match I queued for - people wanted to see her because of the Mixed succcess - but people were also pretty ambivalent towards her too... "oh yeah SHE'S the one who decided not to defend"...

People remember...

Rych
Jul 1st, 2009, 02:26 PM
I know that in 2007, throwing mixed into the, er, mix, made for a potentially heavily packed playing schedule for JJ, but part of the problem back then was rain creating a backlog of matches. In the normal course of events, matches space themselves out properly, with enough recovery time between each. McEnroe always used to double up, which in his case meant playing best of five-setters in both singles and men's doubles during GSs. He preferred playing competitive tennis to practising, and from what I can gather, JJ feels much the same way. I suppose if, after breaking up with Jamie to concentrate on singles, she'd won the US Open, and been runner up in a couple of other GS finals, the 'gamble' would've looked like a wise move. As things panned out, it's ultimately added up to far less JJ on show, especially at Wimbly, and no JJ on show laughing and joking with her playing partner and the crowd, and generally having a ball playing competitive mixed matches (if they'd carried on as partners, as 2007 Wimbledon champions, no doubt they'd have featured far more on the main show courts to boot - what's the betting that the new Court No. 2 would've been their 'home' for the early rounds, this year?).

RFS
Jul 1st, 2009, 09:36 PM
I know that in 2007, throwing mixed into the, er, mix, made for a potentially heavily packed playing schedule for JJ, but part of the problem back then was rain creating a backlog of matches. In the normal course of events, matches space themselves out properly, with enough recovery time between each. McEnroe always used to double up, which in his case meant playing best of five-setters in both singles and men's doubles during GSs. He preferred playing competitive tennis to practising, and from what I can gather, JJ feels much the same way. I suppose if, after breaking up with Jamie to concentrate on singles, she'd won the US Open, and been runner up in a couple of other GS finals, the 'gamble' would've looked like a wise move. As things panned out, it's ultimately added up to far less JJ on show, especially at Wimbly, and no JJ on show laughing and joking with her playing partner and the crowd, and generally having a ball playing competitive mixed matches (if they'd carried on as partners, as 2007 Wimbledon champions, no doubt they'd have featured far more on the main show courts to boot - what's the betting that the new Court No. 2 would've been their 'home' for the early rounds, this year?).

Well today was the first time they weren't on a biggish 2-sided court (Court 4)... J&J started on Court 3 (which now IS court 4!)... J&L were on Court 3 (the old Court 2) and then ON Court 2 (the new one... paying attention at the back???)

I was surprised they didn't bump them to centre after Andy's match ... especially after the yawnathon that was fed's match...

Rych
Jul 1st, 2009, 11:39 PM
Ah. I have to confess, with JJ gone, I haven't taken much notice of Jamie's progress in the mixed doubles for quite a while now. Er...go, Jamie and Liezel! :D

RFS
Jul 4th, 2009, 05:47 PM
This is too funny - and despite new gf - our Moppy STILL carries a torch, seemingly... BAD Moppy!

This was posted in Andy's forum ... SOOOO funny and worth seeing here for jamie-quality!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_8120000/newsid_8121400/8121417.stm

just a short video of Andy + Jamie, makes me chuckle thought i would share :)

Andy = ''King of Queen's and king of sportsround tennis quiz's''

That is just hilarious
Andy: "Ladies Man"
Jamie: "Me"
Andy: "definitely NOT You"...

HEEEEE!

Cilla
Jul 4th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Omg :sobbing:

Thanks for posting this here, Ros.

RFS
Jul 4th, 2009, 10:17 PM
They are just so funny together... I noticed there was a lot made of "oh so you don't see Andy anymore".. and Jamie had said that they'd mess around if they saw each other, but they don't talk tennis... but they are just hilarious!