Pauline Parmentier
Casey Dellacqua
Kaia Kanepi
Aiko Nakamura
Ayumi Morita

améliemomo
Sep 13th, 2008, 01:46 PM
wow big shedule for alize!

hopefully she will play great tennis and go far in those tournaments.

Allez!:bounce:

saint2
Sep 13th, 2008, 05:15 PM
I'd prefer Bali instead of Tokyo...And of course Tokyo (TIII) than Stutgart...

Derek.
Sep 13th, 2008, 07:45 PM
She's going to try and play 6 weeks in a row? :unsure:

Good luck Alizé! :)

améliemomo
Sep 14th, 2008, 12:21 AM
our girl is well prepared;)

Alizé Molik
Sep 14th, 2008, 12:38 AM
I'd prefer Bali instead of Tokyo...And of course Tokyo (TIII) than Stutgart...

i disagree, she's in the position now to play these big tournaments and if she looses or wins it doesn't matter, at least she'll have the experience of playing them, rather then only contesting the top tournaments in clay and playing tier 3 or 4 the rest of the year.

améliemomo
Sep 14th, 2008, 12:47 AM
our girl is well prepared;)

saint2
Sep 14th, 2008, 08:20 AM
i disagree, she's in the position now to play these big tournaments and if she looses or wins it doesn't matter, at least she'll have the experience of playing them, rather then only contesting the top tournaments in clay and playing tier 3 or 4 the rest of the year.

You may disagree, but she is capable to lose with anyone in Tokyo, and...capable to win with anyone in Bali. She is not junior anymore, so the goal of the fall season shoulks be estabilish herself as a top20 player...

Dinayer
Sep 14th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Jankovic (1) bye
Pennetta - Peer
Morita - Szavay
Li - Kuznetsova (5)
Dementieva (3) bye
Cornet - Q
Wozniacki - Q
Schiavone - Hantuchova (7)
Chakvetadze (8) - Q
Razzano - Sugiyama
Cibulkova - Mauresmo
Safina (4) bye
Radwanska (6) - Nakamura
Kirilenko - Bartoli
Q - Petrova
Ivanovic (2) bye

Dinayer
Sep 14th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Difficult draw :scared:

Allez!

saint2
Sep 14th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Pass 1st round...Just pass 1st round...

améliemomo
Sep 14th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Of course the first round would be tough for alize but also for any of the seeds there.
Her draw is difficult but look at kuznetsova one,its worse.Its a tier1,she already played 2 this season and did very well.It was on clay but she proved that she can play also on hardcourt (olympic games,new heaven,us open)
if pennetta who is less talented than her is able to reach us open quarter final, alize can do as good even better.
She has to play the best tournament and face best players to get experience.From her Rome finale lost to Jankovic and now alize improved.
She can believe in her chances to do well in this tournament and we have to believe in her too.
She will give her best as always,no matter the results but Im convinced that she must be excited to play there.
Allez Alize:kiss:

Derek.
Sep 14th, 2008, 01:12 PM
It was always going to be a tough draw.

Hopefully she doesn't get Srebotnik as her qualfiier. :unsure:

améliemomo
Sep 14th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Hopefully she doesn't get Srebotnik as her qualfiier. :unsure:

lol I was thinking the same!
no matter who she gonna play in this first round,she waits for her.:armed:

justine schnyder
Sep 14th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Wohhaaa tough one..
just take it match by match Alize, and I hope the qualifier won't be Srebotnik..
Allez Alize ;)

Dinayer
Sep 15th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Q-Wozniak vs Cornet

:scared:

do your best alize!

:)

Alizé Molik
Sep 15th, 2008, 12:31 PM
wozniaks not that good, she's done nothing since that tournament she won

allez alize :D

améliemomo
Sep 15th, 2008, 12:39 PM
perhaps "the best" qualifier she could get,I was praying she doesnt draw srebotnik but wozniak,not easy but its ok.:)
Allez Alize!

second match in court 2 so not showed on tv

sorry but who got srebotnik?:drool:

Dinayer
Sep 15th, 2008, 02:37 PM
perhaps "the best" qualifier she could get,I was praying she doesnt draw srebotnik but wozniak,not easy but its ok.:)
Allez Alize!

second match in court 2 so not showed on tv

sorry but who got srebotnik?:drool:

Caroline W.

améliemomo
Sep 15th, 2008, 03:50 PM
yes I saw that,good luck for her

here's the collegial photo of the players and alize is in.Natural and pretty:angel:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7031/mainvisual080915nr1.jpg

justine schnyder
Sep 15th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Allez Alize!
Wozaniak is tough, b8ut she's not Srebotnik..
GL Alize! :)

Optima
Sep 16th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Allez Alize :rocker2:

Iceland
Sep 16th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Alizé fought back from a set down and won 46 63 63 :yeah:. Congrats!
Well that's a good win, Ola had 3 matches to get used to the conditions so no surprises about her early lead in this match. I'm really happy that Alizé kept fighting, it's definitely her best asset in the game. Wozniak proved she could be a tough opponent, Alizé handled the challenge pretty well I think. :)

Some stats :
- 7 aces pour 4 DFs
- First serve % and its effectiveness around 65
- BP conversions : 8/15

saint2
Sep 16th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Another 3 setter...Why can't she just win in 2? :lol::lol:

Dinayer
Sep 16th, 2008, 09:14 AM
well done Alize!

next is Dementieva :scared:

good luck :)

do your best :D

améliemomo
Sep 16th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Happy about the fight from alize but we know how this quality is present with her,never give up and belief in herself.
She really have to believe in her chances against dementieva who doesnt always feel "ready" when starting a tournament so allez alize, you can beat another top5(after kuznetsova)GO!:bounce:

justine schnyder
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Wohhooo congrats.. But pleae try to win in 2.. do it against Dementieva please ;)
Allez Alize!

Derek.
Sep 17th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Nicely done, Alizé! :banana:

Good luck in the next round! :)

améliemomo
Sep 17th, 2008, 02:04 PM
sorry but I have to say that I'm amazed how people underrate alize chances to beat a player such as dementieva.
Ok she's the favourite against alize but the majority see her get spanked by the russian.:(
I hope she could get her chance there cause they're real.
Allez no matter what happens go and push her to her limits.:boxing:

justine schnyder
Sep 17th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Allez Alize! 1st match on CC tommorow. GL!!!

Derek.
Sep 18th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Alizé lost 0-6 3-6. :sobbing:

She was pretty bad until 0-6 0-4 and then played more of her normal game, winning 3 games in a row to make it 3-4.

She should have held at 3-5, but made a few stupid mistakes. :(

Dinayer
Sep 18th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Oh no alize :(

:sad: :sobbing:

Iceland
Sep 18th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Weird that Alizé couldn't enter the match before this extreme situation. Very disappointing, but let's put it on a bad day. Anyway hard courts won't provide the same success as clay. At least not this year.
But since she is good on slow surfaces, she might have a chance of going far in Moscow or Stuttgart!

Dorien.
Sep 18th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Alizé :hug:
She needs time to learn about such matches and to develop her game on hardcourt

justine schnyder
Sep 18th, 2008, 12:18 PM
OUCH.
Atleast the opponent was a very god player in great form, but TBH I expected more..
Oh well, at least you fought until the end, and you'll improve :hug:

améliemomo
Sep 18th, 2008, 12:54 PM
:weirdo:

I was expecting more tight match than that but all those errors from alize its just "not usual"
well dementieva is very good hard court player who play perhaps the best tennis of her carreer whereas alize is starting hers,still learning.
Would be great to know her reaction.How she explain this score.

Dinayer
Sep 20th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Next is Beijing :rocker:

saint2
Sep 20th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Next is Beijing :rocker:

And next...? Tokyo again? Please, tell me its Tokyo again :lol::lol:

Iceland
Sep 20th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Then it's Stuttgart, Moscow, Zurich and Linz.
She may skip Stuttgart if she makes a good run in China. Hope she doesn't because it's terribly slow there, she might have a chance of going far in an important tournament.

saint2
Sep 20th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Then it's Stuttgart, Moscow, Zurich and Linz.
She may skip Stuttgart if she makes a good run in China. Hope she doesn't because it's terribly slow there, she might have a chance of going far in an important tournament.

Why instead of making easy points she's going straight on the frontline ?

Iceland
Sep 20th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Because she is a brave girl that has other ambitions than winning Tier IV :lol:.
Can't blame her for this, she had a great season and now has nothing to defend. Time for her to take her chance and gain more experience!

saint2
Sep 20th, 2008, 12:21 PM
In Bejing:

1st round: Q- she has more luck than reason...we'll see,
2nd round- Ivanovic- if Coin can beat her, why not Alize ?

Because she is a brave girl that has other ambitions than winning Tier IV .
Can't blame her for this, she had a great season and now has nothing to defend. Time for her to take her chance and gain more experience!

But there are no points for losing in 1st round of TierI or II And there are points for winning TIV tournament...Look at Pennetta. She was tier IV player all the time...And it brought her to top15...

Alize has a great chance to finish year in top20...Who knows, maybe in the future she will be number one? There is such possibility. But there's also possibility that she'll never have a chance to finish year in top20 again...Is it reasonable to choke that chance ?

Dinayer
Sep 20th, 2008, 02:20 PM
You can do it Alize!

:rocker:

améliemomo
Sep 20th, 2008, 02:27 PM
In Bejing:

1st round: Q- she has more luck than reason...we'll see,
2nd round- Ivanovic- if Coin can beat her, why not Alize ?

But there are no points for losing in 1st round of TierI or II And there are points for winning TIV tournament...Look at Pennetta. She was tier IV player all the time...And it brought her to top15...

Alize has a great chance to finish year in top20...Who knows, maybe in the future she will be number one? There is such possibility. But there's also possibility that she'll never have a chance to finish year in top20 again...Is it reasonable to choke that chance ?

sorry but with all the respect I have for a player such as pennetta, alize is much better and has all the qualities to be a top player higher than top 20 or top15.
I think she must play and lose to the best players in big tournaments to get experience and realize what she needs to improve to beat them.
Playing tierIV for years before finally have a chance to reach top15.
Alize deserves better.:o

as for the beijing draw, that's just :help:, even if Ivanovic strugles those late times but she really need to stop that and this pass with a win in her first match.Probably Alize but we'll see.
Tough draw once again and I hope she will learn from her match against dementieva to do better.
Just make her match and do her best.The results come after.
Allez!

saint2
Sep 20th, 2008, 03:43 PM
sorry but with all the respect I have for a player such as pennetta, alize is much better and has all the qualities to be a top player higher than top 20 or top15.

When Vaidisova in 2006 failed to first winning FO and next, qualify to YEC, I've heard voices, like "she'll have the time" etc. I wonder what that people are saying now...

I'd be very pleased to see Alize in top10 in the future, but Im not a prophet, don't have a crystal ball, and don't know will it gonna happen...ATM the goal should be top20 ranking at the end of the year.

Dinayer
Sep 21st, 2008, 10:21 AM
1 Srebotnik/Sugiyama v Ji/S.Sun
WC Lu/Zhang v Koryttseva/Poutchek
4 Benesova/Uhlirova v Cornet/Pavlyuchenkova
WC Chakvetadze/Cibulkova v Medina Garrigues/Wozniacki

Han/Xu v Dzehalevich/Govortsova
Savchuk/Senoglu v 3 Peng/T.Sun
King/Kudryavtseva v Shvedova/Tanasugarn
Dulko/Radwanska v 2 Yan/Zheng

I like the team :D
:rocker:

améliemomo
Sep 21st, 2008, 03:40 PM
well vaidisova made her breakthrough at such a young age(16) cause she was already devlopped physiqly, at that age she had a body of a woman. Plus she had all the weapons,talent to do great things.
She is still young and still be able to play as great as she used to but once again you cant compare with alize.
The fact vaidisova reached big stage in slams so early probably caused a kind of "pressure" that she lives today.When you look at her coach today, who is he?she stopped her collaboration with her step father and since then she lost all her stability and regularity.
You know I think alize is smart tennis young woman who is working hard with the same coach since she was child.

Her progression is more slow than someone like vaidisova but I think with real improvement map for the future.
She still have so much to improve in her game(better serve,coming to the net, give her game more variety and get more stronger).
Today she is 19 in the ranking, she can play beijing, better for her to be able to face top players such as ivanovic and yes lose against her but at least she would have faced her.She'll get experience;

you know that horrible loss against dementieva in tokyo 3-6 0-6 will be positive for her improvement and motivation to get better.
I dont think playing tierIV and get points to assure her top 20 ranking is her goal right now even if she think about it.
I think the most important for her is to play big players and know what is working in her game and what dont.
She will see at the end of the season with her coach and learn from her matchs wins or loss.
She musnt put limits on her cause if she does she wont reach the top and yes perhaps fail her career.
the goal is to improve to become the best and for that she has to play big tournaments.
She must take her time and make the good choices. Better privilegiate quality over quantity.

Dinayer
Sep 22nd, 2008, 05:19 PM
Alize will play tomorrow against Zhang
good luck :kiss:

saint2
Sep 22nd, 2008, 05:27 PM
Alize will play tomorrow against Zhang
good luck :kiss:

If Im correct, she played her in Rome qualies...right ? And it wasn't blowout...

Anyway, Good luck, baby...

justine schnyder
Sep 22nd, 2008, 06:19 PM
GL Alize!

améliemomo
Sep 22nd, 2008, 08:47 PM
If Im correct, she played her in Rome qualies...right ? And it wasn't blowout...

Anyway, Good luck, baby...

was that her?zhang from hong kong right?

whatever who she will face,go!:bounce:

edit: no its the zhang from china lol

saint2
Sep 23rd, 2008, 08:35 AM
6-1 after 1st set...With 35% of first service :rolls:

saint2
Sep 23rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
Oh My God :bigcry: :bigcry: You little bitch :bigcry: bigcry: I love You :bigcry:

Iceland
Sep 23rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
Alizé won 61 36 76(7) :help:...
Such a struggle.... Better than a loss for sure. But it doesn't make me feel confident before her encounter with Ana, even out of form, Ana will be able to crush Alizé's shitty serve.

saint2
Sep 23rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
I smoked half pack of cigarettes during one hour...My hands are still trembling...Seriously...Get it together...

Iceland
Sep 23rd, 2008, 10:19 AM
God :lol::hug:!!
She is back to her 2007 form when every match was a tight three-setters even when she was leading comfortably :tape:.

saint2
Sep 23rd, 2008, 10:57 AM
I have a bad feeling thet we'll have to live with that form of Alize, till claycourt season...Please, girl, proove me wrong...

justine schnyder
Sep 23rd, 2008, 12:51 PM
Oh god :tape: :tape:
I guess a win is a win? :o but sadly, playing like this, she'll lose to Ana quitre easily.

améliemomo
Sep 23rd, 2008, 01:28 PM
yes for sure its not good sign for her next match:help:

my usual optimism gone a little bit there:sad:

well she's learning how long and tired the tour is.

She play her double match tomorrow with her new friend Pavlyuchenkova:D:p .First match on court 6.

Good luck girls:kiss:

Dinayer
Sep 23rd, 2008, 02:42 PM
alize :help:

but a win is a win :bigclap:

good luck against ana :)

Derek.
Sep 24th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Way closer than we all expected. :o
But she got the job done. :yeah:
Raise your level, Alizé. ;)

améliemomo
Sep 24th, 2008, 01:20 PM
any news about her double match?

Drimal
Sep 24th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Allez Alizé in round 2! :bounce:

Iceland
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Alizé lost 61 76(1). :sad: Terrible in the first set - she looked like a challenger player - but more convincing in the second set. She even served for the set at 65. But no regrets here (except serving more first serves), Ana raised her level.
The match shouldn't have been that close as Ana wasted a couple of opportunities but Alizé did play better and showed more courage. She was more aggressive obviously (it couldn't have been worse anyway), more competitive in the rallies and ran better.

Overall I expected more of her but I think she was in her standards in the 2nd set. Alizé has to work a lot on her game, she has to put more power or to take the ball earlier if she wants to be successful on hard courts. She doesn't hit the ball with enough intensity.
Nice attempt, but the outcome was obvious I would say.

... and take a rest Alizé :hug:.

saint2
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:25 AM
She wasn't playing good, really... I think Tokyo would be good place to bring back confidence and form. Who knows, maybe even to win 2nd title? Stutgart is, well...:help:

Iceland
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Yes she can really do better than this. But this is her level she has been playing in the last weeks. I saw her against Wozniacki, Mattek, Gröenefeld, pretty much the same quality of tennis I think. :shrug:

She really needs a break, she lacks freshness. A Tier III wouldn't have been a bad idea you're right. I wouldn't mind if she 'only' plays Moscow, Luxembourg and Québec to finish the year.

saint2
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:06 AM
She really needs a break, she lacks freshness. A Tier III wouldn't have been a bad idea you're right. I wouldn't mind if she 'only' plays Moscow, Luxembourg and Québec to finish the year.

Would be enough to keep top20 ranking ?

améliemomo
Sep 25th, 2008, 01:00 PM
alize:awww:

yes quite disappointing cause she made so many ues whereas she is not that kind of player.
Yes that's obvious that she looks tired and freshless and yes that bring her perhaps to reconsidering her shedule.Perhaps play tierIII and win it to finish well the year...

But well despite that "bad match" today alize managed to win her double match with pavlyuchenkova.They beat benesova/uhlirova 7-5 6-1:)
they will face medina guarigues/wozniacki in next round.

Dinayer
Sep 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM
:awww:
alize :awww:

but she won in doubles :)

saint2
Sep 26th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Ana lost with Zheng :o And Zheng is most likely to lose her next match:o That actually shows current form of Alize. Maybe that girl seriously needs a break. Alize slumps, Caroline slumps, Aga slumps, Szavay and Tamira are slumping all the year... All newcommers sucks atm...Too much tennis ?

saint2
Sep 28th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Stuttgart draw is out. 1st round- qualifier...Again, but this time it won't be any anonymus Taiwan girl ranked outside top200...If she'll have a luck, as a reward she will play Overhypedofina...I don't even think about next rounds cos there's a 99,9% possibility that there will be no any next round...

Dinayer
Sep 28th, 2008, 04:12 PM
do your best Alize!

Good luck :D

Derek.
Sep 29th, 2008, 12:13 AM

justine schnyder
Sep 29th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Ana lost with Zheng :o And Zheng is most likely to lose her next match:o That actually shows current form of Alize. Maybe that girl seriously needs a break. Alize slumps, Caroline slumps, Aga slumps, Szavay and Tamira are slumping all the year... All newcommers sucks atm...Too much tennis ?

As for Aga and Caroline I think it is too much tennis, it's their 1st full season on tour if I recall right and I guess they don't use to so much intensity, it's not easy..
As for Aga- I this she changing her game a bit now
Szavy and Paszek- I don't know... I guess it's mental there..

GL in Stuttgart Alize!!
But now she HAS to play well, all the players there are dangerous, even qualifiers..

améliemomo
Sep 29th, 2008, 12:17 PM
isnt stuggart court more slow??

well very tough for a tired alize who will have to face in first round another qualifer who played and win matches before.
And if she wins she will face safina:help:
as for aga radwanska its her second full year on tour since she is 1 year older than alize,the same with agnes szavay.
Alize will have to built her physique to handle the intense rythme of the tour and also try to change her game a little bit.Put more variety with a better serve too.

saint2
Sep 29th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Looks pretty shitty...She plays Tsveti...Played against her once (on CLAY) and lost...

Dinayer
Sep 29th, 2008, 08:20 PM
:scared:

good luck!

améliemomo
Sep 29th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Looks pretty shitty...She plays Tsveti...Played against her once (on CLAY) and lost...

Yes it was one year ago in Bordeaux ITF Finale.Was hoping for alize another qualifer cause pironkova is tricky player.
But now alize got more experience since their last encounter.She's top20 now and hopefully she'll make pironkova respect her.
Allez Alize!:kiss:

saint2
Sep 29th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Yes it was one year ago in Bordeaux ITF Finale.Was hoping for alize another qualifer cause pironkova is tricky player.
But now alize got more experience since their last encounter.She's top20 now and hopefully she'll make pironkova respect her.
Allez Alize!:kiss:

I remember their last match cause it was a day of funeral of my friend :sad: I went to the funeral, and when I returned my home I've checked the score...And Alize lost...Pretty sad day for me it was, but I'll remember it to the end of my life..

améliemomo
Sep 29th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Sorry for your friend and your sad memories:hug:
dont be sad cause alize will win:)

améliemomo
Sep 30th, 2008, 01:01 PM
:lol: at my last post

alize lost 2-6 1-6 against great player and indoor specialist pironkova!:worship:
no really better laugh at that scorline cause that's ridiculous.
Alize why do you commit there and risk another early exit whereas you're clearly tired:o
the end of season will be really tough and even more if you 're a zombie on the court.
Take some rest, its useless to play a tournament when you 're not involved at 100%.
Please privilegiate quality tennis over quantity.You're smart girl.
Allez bisou:kiss:

saint2
Sep 30th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Well, I wonder what happened in that match...Was she ill ? Tired? Did she tank that match? I knew Tsveti may be hard, but 26 16? No breakpoints? It looks like Alize didn't wanted to win that match, but hell, if You don't want to win a match why do You entering the court? I can't remember simmilar blowout for Alize...And this was only Pironkova...

Lighter
Sep 30th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Alizé is simply tired. She plays too many tournaments. Marion took the right decision in skiping one tournament (Beijing), not Alizé.

Dinayer
Sep 30th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Alizé is simply tired. She plays too many tournaments. Marion took the right decision in skiping one tournament (Beijing), not Alizé.

yes, i think the same :(

alize :hug:

saint2
Sep 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM

Well, at Beijing she at least got some points. Im not afraid by the rest of season, as she has almost certain year end top20 ranking...But hell, I hope this slump will not continue in 2009...She has a very little points to defend till spring...Would be nice to increase ranking during that time...

Dorien.
Sep 30th, 2008, 05:24 PM

Alex72
Sep 30th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Yikes

améliemomo
Sep 30th, 2008, 08:44 PM
she is not experienced enough to make smart shedule.Its her first full year on the tour.
Next year I hope she will play less but improve the quality of her results.
The off season will be very important for alize ,she really has to make her game evolve(serve and net play) to spend less time and energy in matchs.
dont want her to be the like of jankovic who just hit hit and keep hiting till the other make the error.Thats not real tennis for me.Of course that make her win many matchs but she spend so much energy.I dont think jankovic will last very long at that rythme.:help:
alize must become a complete player.I hope she has the same goal in mind.I think so.

justine schnyder
Oct 1st, 2008, 05:59 PM
what's up with Alize?
I've seen her playing well on fast courts, what's happenning to her this year? :o

Is she tierd?

saint2
Oct 1st, 2008, 06:36 PM
what's up with Alize?
I've seen her playing well on fast courts, what's happenning to her this year? :o

Is she tierd?

Tired, overplayed, on her lowest prefered surface...But we can't bitch about her year...I just hope it will end wquickly and a girl will have a time to regroup till the next...

améliemomo
Oct 2nd, 2008, 05:19 PM
Alize was not tired apparently,she said it in french newspaper l'Equipe(thanks to doudou):

Cornet ratissée
"Trois petits jeux grapillés face ŕ la bulgare Tsvtana Pironkova, sortie des qualifications, tel était le maigre butin dont devait se satisfaire Alizé Cornet (6/2 6/1). Arrivée directement de Pékin et Tokyo, oů elle avait joué ces deux derničres semaines, elle ne mettais pas en cause les fatigues du voyage : "En fait, avec mon coach, on a changé des choses côté revers que j'ai du mal ŕ maîtriser. C'est vrai aussi que j'ai beaucoup joué cette saison mais ce n'est pas la raison principale de ma défaites". Ces prochaines semaines, la niçoise enchaînera les tournois de Moscou, Zurich et Linz. "J'étais blessée l'année passée ŕ la męme période, donc je veux essayer de prendre des points pour améliorer mon classement".
A.D.

Translation(net):

Cornet raked " three small games in front of Bulgarian Tsvtana Pironkova, taken out of the qualifications, such was the thin booty with which Trade wind Cornet (6/2 6/1) had to be satisfied. Arrived directly from Beijing and Tokyo, where she had played these last two weeks, she did not question tire them of the journey: " in fact, with my coach, we changed things with my backhand which I have difficulty in mastering.It is true as well as I played a lot this season but it is not the main reason of my defeats ". These next weeks, the inhabitant of Nice will chain the tournaments of Moscow, Zurich and Linz. " I was injured last year in the same period, thus I want to try to take points to improve my ranking ".
A.D.

saint2
Oct 2nd, 2008, 06:12 PM
Im not sure she is aware of what she saying...I know she may be too young to plan scheldule properly, but maybe her coach wold see that playing Moscow is a stupid idea...

Plus, Alize, Im not sure are TI and TII tournaments good place to experiment with backhand...:o

justine schnyder
Oct 2nd, 2008, 07:19 PM
agree with Sain2...

améliemomo
Oct 2nd, 2008, 09:28 PM
well she's trying to master it also on training session,perhaps she 'll manage to do it before the end of the season...
its a positive change,let's hope she can get some points especially in moscow with its slow surface.

saint2
Oct 3rd, 2008, 09:03 PM
well she's trying to master it also on training session,perhaps she 'll manage to do it before the end of the season...
its a positive change,let's hope she can get some points especially in moscow with its slow surface.

Honestly after last "great" performances I don't count for any points :lol::lol:

She needs a break...I doubt rest of girls will gain enough points to pull her out of top20 (who could? Dani? Szavay? Domi? they all suck as well as Alize...), and considering she won't achieve anything better, this season is over. Its good shes trying changes in her game, but instead of making clown of herself in TI/TII tournaments, she could go to Tokyo or Tashkent...

saint2
Oct 4th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Amelie first...:o:o

améliemomo
Oct 4th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Amelie first...:o:o

:lol:better laugh at this draw really...

alize meeting my all time fave amélie,both are looking for some wins(more amelie:help:) so Ill say: May the best player win!
but dont know if its that good to win that match cause the winner face safina:tape:

what is the tournament being played the same week as moscow??

Dinayer
Oct 4th, 2008, 02:32 PM
difficult but she can win one match :) and if its possible 2 :eek:

Go Alize!

:)

justine schnyder
Oct 4th, 2008, 06:43 PM
:lol:better laugh at this draw really...

alize meeting my all time fave amélie,both are looking for some wins(more amelie:help:) so Ill say: May the best player win!
but dont know if its that good to win that match cause the winner face safina:tape:

what is the tournament being played the same week as moscow??

There is no another WTA event next week besides Moscow..

Allez Alize.. Just win please..

Dorien.
Oct 4th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Ok, i really hate this draw. And i'm sure the player who win, doesn't win one match more :o

saint2
Oct 4th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Ok, i really hate this draw. And i'm sure the player who win, doesn't win one match more :o

I am not...People are behaving like that Safina is a new Graf...

améliemomo
Oct 4th, 2008, 07:46 PM
agree with saint2 at 100%.

ok she improved a lot and its her breakthrough year, she finally confirms all her potential but dont think she can be seen today as great player like steffi graff or justine henin were.
I think she still fragile mentally like her brother, when she find real opposition against her and couldnt dictate the point like she wants she can explode.
Well she is playing the best tennis of her carreer right now but thats true that she is not unstoppabble.

Derek.
Oct 5th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Safina is definitely beatable, but it's not like Alizé or Mauresmo are in good form.

Tricky draw.
You never know which Mauresmo will show up.

Iceland
Oct 5th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I believe in Amélie's chances of beating Dinara, she has the game to drive her crazy until she totally explodes.
But Alizé? No way... Not now, Safina would absolutely crush every shot. She has so much power, Alizé would never deal with it. I can't see that happening... She plays too short without much pace, at the right height for opponent and her serve has become very weak.

Now I wish she had taken a break to prepare Tier III events.

Dorien.
Oct 5th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I am not...People are behaving like that Safina is a new Graf...

No, but the form of Amélie and Alizé on this moment isn't good enough to beat Safina

améliemomo
Oct 5th, 2008, 02:09 PM
well for both players they have nothing to lose if one face safina but yeah thats true that amélie will have more weapons in her game(slice,serve-volley,variation) all the things that safina doesnt stand.
But still think alize has nothing to do in tier3 or 4,yeah thats good to win a tournament but if she really wants to improve she has to play against the best players.Even if she loses she will improve and have the real motivation to be better player.
Playing against players lower ranked is not interesting IMO.
One day alize will be prepared enough and ready to reach the final four in those tournaments and perhaps even better;win them.

Alex72
Oct 6th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Bring your best game in Moscow Alize!

Dinayer
Oct 6th, 2008, 02:09 PM
she lost 7-6 3-6 4-6
she was 3-2 and serve in the second, but lost :(

:sad:

Derek.
Oct 6th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Alizé. :help: :o

I don't understand why it's so difficult for her to beat Mauresmo. :shrug:
Almost every other decent player can do it.

Alizé has sucked since New Haven. :(

justine schnyder
Oct 6th, 2008, 07:54 PM
:sad: :sad:
Rest please :hug:

Alizé Molik
Oct 7th, 2008, 03:53 AM
i think alizé still has the block of momo being like her idol that stops her from being able to beat her properly :(

saint2
Oct 7th, 2008, 07:49 AM
i think alizé still has the block of momo being like her idol that stops her from being able to beat her properly :(

Momo didn't care about winning that match... And Alize still wasn't good enough to beat her...Girl needs a rest... We need fresh and motivated Alize in the beginning of 2009, not that clown, wich she is now...

Dinayer
Oct 11th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Jelena Jankovic (SRB) bye
Nadia Petrova (RUS) vs. Flavia Pennetta (ITA)
Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) vs. Timea Bacsinszky (SUI)
Qualifier vs. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)

Vera Zvonareva (RUS) bye
Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) vs. Na Li (CHN)
Amélie Mauresmo (FRA) vs. Victoria Azarenka (BLR)
Qualifier vs. Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)

Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) vs. Maria Kirilenko (RUS)
Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) vs. Francesca Schiavone (ITA)
Alona Bondarenko (UKR) vs. Alize Cornet (FRA)
Venus Williams (USA) bye

Patty Schnyder (SUI) vs. Qualifier
Qualifier vs. Sybille Bammer (AUT)
Marion Bartoli (FRA) vs. Agnes Szavay (HUN)
Ana Ivanovic (SRB) bye

Dinayer
Oct 11th, 2008, 01:15 PM
:sobbing:

difficult as always, win some matches please :)

good luck :)

améliemomo
Oct 11th, 2008, 02:30 PM
it will be the same again, well bondarenko is in a slump right now but how good will alize be in zurich?
then if she qualify for the second round she will face venus williams who just got beaten by pennetta in moscow so ALLEZ ALIZE!:bounce:

Dorien.
Oct 11th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Good luck Alizé! Let's hope for one or two wins ;)

saint2
Oct 11th, 2008, 05:22 PM
She will not win Venus, even if Venus will be totally demotivated (like vs Pennetta)...Lets pray for win over Alona...

Derek.
Oct 12th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Good luck Alizé!
Do something good here. ;)

justine schnyder
Oct 12th, 2008, 10:50 AM
GL Alize...

Dinayer
Oct 13th, 2008, 02:52 PM
oh no :sad:

she was 3-0 in the second, then 5-1 in the 3 :sobbing: a lot of MP :sad:

what happend alize? :sad: :sad:

A. Bondarenko def. Cornet 1-6, 6-3, 7-6 (6)

Derek.
Oct 13th, 2008, 03:08 PM
What a horrible choke.

Surely a heartbreaker for Alizé.

Iceland
Oct 13th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Pff this one is really pathetic :help:. She should end her season here.

saint2
Oct 13th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Pff this one is really pathetic :help:. She should end her season here.

Yes she should. And start a new one by TII/TIV tournametns...

justine schnyder
Oct 13th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Omg I have no words :tape: :sad:
What a super choke :o

saint2
Oct 13th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Makiri saved Alize's ass today. With Dani's loss, Alize have guaranteed top20 spot in this year...

Dinayer
Oct 13th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Makiri saved Alize's ass today. With Dani's loss, Alize have guaranteed top20 spot in this year...

well, this is good :worship:

Dorien.
Oct 14th, 2008, 06:39 AM
What a shoke :help:

saint2
Oct 14th, 2008, 04:52 PM
A little consolation is that shes not only one who suck...

Szavay lost to Bartoli
Wozniacki lost to Schiavone
Chakcvetadze lost to Niculescu

Dinayer
Oct 18th, 2008, 06:45 PM
(1)Ivanovic Ana SRB vs. BYE
Bammer Sybille AUT vs. Schiavone Francesca ITA
WC-Meusburger Yvonne AUT vs. Cibulkova Dominika SVK
Szavay Agnes HUN vs. (7)Pennetta Flavia ITA

(3)Radwanska Agnieszka POL vs. BYE
WC-Klaffner Melanie AUT vs. Kanepi Kaia EST
Tanasugarn Tamarine THA vs. Srebotnik Katarina SLO
Bondarenko Kateryna UKR vs (5)Petrova Nadia RUS

(6)Bartoli Marion FRA vs. Sugiyama Ai JPN
WC-Paszek Tamira AUT vs. Qualifier
Bondarenko Alona UKR vs. Qualifier
(4)Schnyder Patty SUI vs. BYE

(8)Cornet Alize FRA vs. Zheng Jie CHN
Qualifier vs. Kirilenko Maria RUS
Qualifier vs. Stosur Samantha AUS
(2)Zvonareva Vera RUS vs BYE

Dinayer
Oct 18th, 2008, 09:28 PM
good luck alize, difficult but you can do it :sobbing:

please win some matches!

saint2
Oct 20th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I know that no one expected that, but she won :lol::lol: One thing is sure, if shes gonna play Makiri I HAVE to watch it :drool:

Iceland
Oct 20th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Good win I must say... It was about time she reacted after this slump!
Bravo Alizé :yeah:. Don't stop!

saint2
Oct 20th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Now , after winning over a decent (but slumping, as well as Alize :o) player, key matter is year end ranking. She clinched top20 spot. Players who are able to pass her are Kata (almost impossible, if she doesn't play Quebec, then it IS impossible), Chaky (pretty easy draw in Lux, but Chaky is able to lose with everyone right now, so never knows) , Domi and Marion...20 ranking at worst, 16 ranking at best...Dani's out..

Derek.
Oct 20th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Alizé! :woohoo:

Great win. :yeah:
I'm so happy she finally stopped this mini-losing streak.

Dinayer
Oct 20th, 2008, 08:37 PM
i cant believe this! :lol:

well done alize!

saint2
Oct 20th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Alize has pretty much guaranteed French #1 spot at the end of season...Someone belives Marion could make the final ? ;)

Derek.
Oct 21st, 2008, 02:13 AM
Her results this year reflect her being the French No.1, but her 0-2 H2H vs. Mauremso this year speaks otherwise. :o

Alizé Molik
Oct 21st, 2008, 04:19 AM
we all know no matter what happens they'll crown Mauresmo french #1 anyway so..

Dorien.
Oct 21st, 2008, 08:18 AM
Alizé :bounce: Nice to see her winning again :)

Dinayer
Oct 21st, 2008, 03:02 PM
She will play against Kirilenko, good luck :awww:

saint2
Oct 21st, 2008, 05:16 PM
Her results this year reflect her being the French No.1, but her 0-2 H2H vs. Mauremso this year speaks otherwise. :o

Maybe its something mentally...Mauresmo, along with Pierce was best french player in late 90s-early and middle 00s...Alize for sure has a big respect for her...

Anyway, if Marion would lose today, she'd have guaranteed #1 french spot NOW :o But Marion won, so, Alize has to wait...

saint2
Oct 22nd, 2008, 08:18 PM
Cornet- Kirilenko 1-6 6-2 6-1 :lol::lol:

Dinayer
Oct 22nd, 2008, 09:04 PM
Finally a QF!
congrats alize :)

Iceland
Oct 22nd, 2008, 09:20 PM
Bravo Alizé, solid win :yeah:.
She came back very strongly, good to see that! So finally she was right to not listen to us and keep trying to finish 2008 well!

Derek.
Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:07 AM
Well done, Alizé! :D

Dorien.
Oct 23rd, 2008, 06:36 AM
Great win and nice to see a good end of the year! Keep going, girl :)

saint2
Oct 23rd, 2008, 08:33 AM
If she'll beat Vera (propably...) then she'll finnish year in top15, but I think its too much to demand right now. She'll finnish year one point behind Vika :lol::lol:

améliemomo
Oct 24th, 2008, 08:55 AM
happy that alize had some good wins there even if zvonareva is next:unsure:
she is playing her best tennis right now and it will be so difficult for alize to beat her but ALLEZ,good luck alize:kiss:

Dinayer
Oct 24th, 2008, 07:19 PM
she lost 7-5 6-1

good tournament, anyway :hug:

saint2
Oct 24th, 2008, 07:24 PM
This is it. Season is over. At best she'll be rank #16 (if Marion WILL NOT make a final), at worst- #17. Pretty impressive for a newcommer. For a younger players only Caro will be ranked higher. After first 5-6 tournaments no one would ever suspect that this year may be THAT succesful. Congratulations :yeah:

Derek.
Oct 24th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Great season for Alizé. :) :hug:

Iceland
Oct 25th, 2008, 08:48 AM
A pretty interesting match to finish a great season.
She is in top 20 and still has much work to do ahead of her to improve her game ... It just shows how good she can be! :)
Bonnes vacances!

améliemomo
Oct 25th, 2008, 12:43 PM
yes very good year and she's promising cause she has a real room for improvements.She's smart girl,this year will give her even more motivation to work harder and improve her game.
Zvonareva bageled bartoli in first set...

saint2
Oct 25th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Vera thrashed Marion. Bartoli's not playing Quebec, so I supose that after YEC points will be off, Alize will be highest ranked frenchie...

améliemomo
Oct 25th, 2008, 02:51 PM
would be a great new for alize:)

hopefully she will be ready for that cause she's young, when you see how difficult it was for bartoli to confirm her great 2007 season...
I know alize is different from marion and will take this with pleasure and humility.Great year for her,french n°1 good too but the most important is to continue to improve to reach top10.
Good luck Alize and Bonnes Vacances!:kiss::wavey:

justine schnyder
Oct 26th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Greta season Alize :hug: some ups and downs, but she's still vbery young, so not surprise here ;)
Have a great 2009 :awww:

améliemomo
Nov 3rd, 2008, 04:35 PM
Alize to play Interclubs like last year , she will again play for the Lagardere Paris Racing.

She is in poule A, here are the player list of the 4 teams in that poule A.

largardere paris racing club(players list)

CORNET Alizé
GOLOVIN Tatiana
PIN Camille
DECHY Nathalie
CETKOVSKA Petra
COHEN ALORO Stéphanie
FEDOSSOVA Youlia
SFAR Selima
PELLETIER Marie-Eve
GIRAUD Marine
SARRAZIN Laetitia

Capitaine Nathalie Tauziat

LEVALLOIS SCT

BAMMER Sybille
AMANMURADOVA Akgul
KOSTANIC Jelena
SHVEDOVA Yaroslava
VAKULENKO Yulia
CAMERIN Maria Elena
SANTANGELO Mara
PICHET Virginie
MRAZ Karla
BERGER Ségolčne

GEDDES Andrew (Capitaine)

TC ILLBERG MULHOUSE

DANIILIDOU Eleni
MALEK Tatjana
OPRANDI Romina
NOONI Hanna
HEITZ Anne-Laure
KRAUTH Erica
BARNA Adriana
ZUBORI Anna-Maria
WOEHR Jasmin
SCHWARTZ Barbara
WEIS Stéphanie

HEITZ Anne-Laure (Capitaine)

LA RAQUETTE VILLENEUVE D'ASCQ

ROUSSEAU Capucine
BABAKOVA Martina
MASSCHELEIN Ariane
DOUTRELANT Louise
ERRE Sophie
HENUZET Catherine
SCHMIDT Jennifer
OLLEVIER Anne-Eugénie
VERHAMME Valérie

ERRE Sophie (Capitaine)

there is also a poule B wit good players such as safarova,mauresmo,pironkova or loit...

The competition will start on sunday.

saint2
Nov 3rd, 2008, 07:33 PM
Paris Racing looks like a dream team, comparing to others :devil:

She shouldn't lose a match here, really...

améliemomo
Nov 4th, 2008, 09:36 AM
well dont know if she planned to play that much, other girls will probably play the most of the matchs except if the team need her.
Dont know what is alize training program to prepare next season.
Her home is not in Paris, she lives in Nice, dont even know if she is there right now...

Lighter
Nov 9th, 2008, 07:13 PM
As expected, Alizé played an interclubs match today : http://www.fft.fr/cms/GetDoc.asp?Type=5&ID=8926

She won in 3 sets, certainly without practice as she just came back from holidays.

améliemomo
Nov 10th, 2008, 06:25 PM
lagardere paris racing will play again on sunday and face La Raquette villeneuve d'Asque.
they should reach the next week.

Oh!alize played also double with youlia fedossova and they won 6-0 6-1

Dinayer
Nov 10th, 2008, 06:45 PM
good :)

saint2
Nov 10th, 2008, 06:47 PM
She won in 3 sets,

:haha: :haha:

améliemomo
Nov 29th, 2008, 06:28 PM
The paris racing won the french teams championships for the third consecutive time.Congrats girls!!Congrats Alize!!:bounce::bolt::clap2::yeah:
The team was playing TC Cormontreuil which regroup eastern players.Nathalie Dechy was supposed to play that finale but she was injured.The article on l'equipe.fr wrote that alize like very much to play for the team and she shows it.
Nathalie Tauziat,who could become the next french fed cup team made some nice comments on alize(its rare from her lol).
Tauziat comments: alize really played the game on court and off court, supporting the team and lift them to the top. She loves it, like so much this atmosphere, being with her team friends.At the beggining she was supposed to play only two matches.She played 3.She came by her own.

The results:Lagardère Paris Racing - TC Cormontreuil : 4-2

Alizé Cornet (Racing)def Elena Bychkova (Cormontreuil/RUS) : 6-1, 6-4
Camille Pin (Racing) def Renata Voracova (Cormontreuil) : 6-2, 6-3
Petra Cetkovska (Racing/RTC) def Lucie Hradecka (Cormontreuil/RTC) : 6-2, 6-4
Michaela Pastikova (Cormontreuil/RTC) def Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro (Racing) : 6-4, 6-1
Hradecka-Voracova (Cormontreuil) battent Cornet-Cetkovska (Racing) : 6-4, 6-7, 10-8
Cohen-Aloro-Sfar (Racing) def Pastikova-Chmelenova (Cormontreuil) : 6-1, 6-2

justine schnyder
Nov 29th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Congrats Alize :)
As long as those matches getting her back on track for next season :)

améliemomo
Nov 29th, 2008, 09:50 PM
well you have to know that tauziat belongs to the list of possible next french fed cup captain.Dont know if she will be her but at least alize will have the experience of playing for a team.Good experience for her definetly.
Its always good to finish the year on a positive note,alize did it and I'm sure will come back next year in good shape.
Ready to make a year even better hopefully for her.I hope the AO surface will suit her game.

Last year she was ranked 55 and draw an in form hantuchova, perhaps the best hantuchova ever.Alize played 1 match in sydney qualies,she was sick, so came to the AO with no matchs.Hopefully it will be completely different in 2009.

I cant wait to see her playing the hopman cup with simon.I think they can make a very competitive team there.:bounce::hearts:

justine schnyder
Nov 30th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah.. I think she should pick up some points until the clay season if she'll be in good shape.. when she's on she doesn't have shocking losses and she's defintelly capbe of winninh against higher ranked players.

saint2
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I expect 2009 to be worse than 2008 and 2010 to be best year in her carreer... Why? I don't know why...

Dinayer
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Yeah.. I think she should pick up some points until the clay season if she'll be in good shape.. when she's on she doesn't have shocking losses and she's defintelly capbe of winninh against higher ranked players.

agree :)

cant wait for 2009 :bounce:

améliemomo
Nov 30th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I expect 2009 to be worse than 2008 and 2010 to be best year in her carreer... Why? I don't know why...

Hum... thank you for your precise contribution:drool:

why??? ---> because. :lol::p

I agree with JS too.When alize is in good form, when she feels strong,she can give her best and beat top players.
It will be a tough year I think cause everyone know her now and how she play.No more surprise there.She will have to install a real consistency but its not easy to do it.Look at szavay, she had such a good season in 2007, we all thought she will be top10 in 2008 but its not the case.
Perhaps too many expectations towards her.
Alize is the new french n°1 now.She has a new statut to hold now.She will feel even more expectations in roland garros,I hope she will be strong enough to handle that. Amelie couldnt at her best:sad:

yes 2009 will be a very interesting year for alize,hopefully a very succesful year in which she'll learn many things.

saint2
Nov 30th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I don't have any expectations in 2009. Im satisfied with 2008- she was top20 player and national #1 in 2008 and no one will take it away from her. Now she has to work. Work on service- its clearly not her best side. Work on power- as someone said she has a body of a schoolgirl. Caroline, Sorana, Petra, even Tamira are all in better situation in case of physical power. And plan scheldue properly. She mighht be a claycourt Queen, but on rest of surfaces shes still Mickey Mouse player.

améliemomo
Nov 30th, 2008, 04:18 PM
well like we say "Rome has not been built in one day".

She's not built like woznicki,cirstea or tamira but I'll say its not something weird.She practice a different tennis from all these girls.
Henin was not strong physiquely when she was 18, nor even at 26.She worked with pat hetcheberry in florida when she was 20 and since then she hit harder and was more strong physiquely.The physique is important and alize will have to work on it but its not all.
She has to built a physique which will serve her tennis not the contrary.Its not because you will be strong physiquely that you will play the best tennis.
Alize will have to improve step by step but the most important according to me, is that she try to learn year after year,she's smart girl and above all she loves playing tennis.That's the most important, to enjoy play tennis all the year.Dont want her to turn like those great champions who won many tournaments so early and retired so early(hingis,henin) both were not big gabarit.

Alize type of game needs her to have a very solid and good physique.She cant hit flat like sharapova or williams,that's not her.She needs to win with her qualities.She's working hard on her serve and according to some fans who saw her at the french championships, it was better.3 weeks after that first match she played there.She can learn quite quickly.
But you know being a claycourt queen is sometimes better than being a good player who play the same very good level in every surface but cant win a slam.I would be very happy for her if she become a claycourt queen,perhaps even win roland garros.That would be so great for her,its her dream.:)

Nadal was seen as only a claycourt player 3 years ago, look what he achieved since then.I dont say alize will do the same cause nadal is "unreal" but there is place for claycourt players to do well on other surfaces.
She did a very promising year that proves how talented she is, a poster on GM made some comparisons with other actual top10 players for their first full year of competition(jankovic,ivanovic,kuznetsova,radwanska ) and alize did better than them or equal.
She'll have to improve every part of her game to make a better year than 2008.
I think she can and trust in her capacities.Its not a run against time.

:wavey:

Dorien.
Nov 30th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I'm curious to see what she can do in 2009. Let's hope for the best :)

justine schnyder
Nov 30th, 2008, 06:25 PM
well like we say "Rome has not been built in one day".

She's not built like woznicki,cirstea or tamira but I'll say its not something weird.She practice a different tennis from all these girls.
Henin was not strong physiquely when she was 18, nor even at 26.She worked with pat hetcheberry in florida when she was 20 and since then she hit harder and was more strong physiquely.The physique is important and alize will have to work on it but its not all.
She has to built a physique which will serve her tennis not the contrary.Its not because you will be strong physiquely that you will play the best tennis.
Alize will have to improve step by step but the most important according to me, is that she try to learn year after year,she's smart girl and above all she loves playing tennis.That's the most important, to enjoy play tennis all the year.Dont want her to turn like those great champions who won many tournaments so early and retired so early(hingis,henin) both were not big gabarit.

Alize type of game needs her to have a very solid and good physique.She cant hit flat like sharapova or williams,that's not her.She needs to win with her qualities.She's working hard on her serve and according to some fans who saw her at the french championships, it was better.3 weeks after that first match she played there.She can learn quite quickly.
But you know being a claycourt queen is sometimes better than being a good player who play the same very good level in every surface but cant win a slam.I would be very happy for her if she become a claycourt queen,perhaps even win roland garros.That would be so great for her,its her dream.:)

Nadal was seen as only a claycourt player 3 years ago, look what he achieved since then.I dont say alize will do the same cause nadal is "unreal" but there is place for claycourt players to do well on other surfaces.
She did a very promising year that proves how talented she is, a poster on GM made some comparisons with other actual top10 players for their first full year of competition(jankovic,ivanovic,kuznetsova,radwanska ) and alize did better than them or equal.
She'll have to improve every part of her game to make a better year than 2008.
I think she can and trust in her capacities.Its not a run against time.

:wavey:

well, nothing to add, you said it all, I just couldn't rep you, so Great post :)

anyways, I think it's mostly the mental side because the press can really cause her trouble since she's a young succesful player, and the highest ranked french atm.. I hope she has a good phsycology ;)
And above all.. Be consistent, don't lose patient :)

Derek.
Nov 30th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I have a feeling 2009 will be another good year for, Alizé. :cool:

Hopefully she can get into the top 15 (maybe higher) and stay consistent with her results. :)

améliemomo
Dec 1st, 2008, 03:16 PM
well, nothing to add, you said it all, I just couldn't rep you, so Great post :)

anyways, I think it's mostly the mental side because the press can really cause her trouble since she's a young succesful player, and the highest ranked french atm.. I hope she has a good phsycology ;)
And above all.. Be consistent, don't lose patient :)

Well in fact alize is still too young right now, she didnt have much of critics for now cause she had not win a big tournament yet.
That's true that she felt some pression during roland garros but nothing to compare with what amelie had in her career.
I think alize put pressure by herself this year especially against radwanska.She was leading 4-1 in the first and then she started to watch aga play instead of going on.
Hope that next year she will know how to take some distance with roland garros and what this tournament represents to her eyes.
hope the medias wont do the same as they did with amelie.:(