PDA

View Full Version : Toray Pan Pacific Open

SOA_MC
Sep 12th, 2008, 12:08 AM
A Tier I event that moved from just after the Australian Open to just after the US Open. So Maria as with all players have no points to defend at this tournament. A opportunity to move up a few ranking spots with a few wins.

Good luck Maria

Warrior
Sep 12th, 2008, 03:52 AM
I thought Maria's playing Guangzhou next week:confused:

Nikkiri
Sep 12th, 2008, 06:25 AM
She's playing here according to the list and her website. :shrug:

Good luck Maria, win a match or two, kay?

Dinayer
Sep 12th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Maria, time to stop the bleeding?

good luck :)

SOA_MC
Sep 12th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I thought Maria's playing Guangzhou next week:confused:

Tobi in the tournament thread says she's playing Tokyo

watchdogfish
Sep 12th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Her Kolkata points come off next week so Maria needs to make the semis here in Tokyo or she'll slip down the ranks :scared:

Good luck...:unsure:

Kiriber
Sep 12th, 2008, 04:03 PM
:tape:

With any luck she'll be able to pull this out and stay where she's at or even climb.

Labamba
Sep 12th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Maria will play in Tokyo (at the same site) twice in three weeks, lucky fans over there :D

the draw will be brutal in this one, Maria needs some luck here

Warrior
Sep 12th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I think it's a mistake. She'll probably draw a higher ranked player early and lose. With Kolkata points coming off, her ranking will suffer even more.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 12th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I think it's a mistake. She'll probably draw a higher ranked player early and lose. With Kolkata points coming off, her ranking will suffer even more.

A mistake? Can it be worse than losing to Dubois, Errani, Paszek, Niculescu, Dushevina?
I'm glad she's playing a bigger tournament now. The Tier IV's won't do her any good.

Nikkiri
Sep 12th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Playing Guangzhou isn't going to make much of a difference, she could easily lose early there too. I'm glad shes playing Tokyo its good to play a mixture but playing too many III and IV's isn't the best idea esp if she wants to be a top 15/10 player.

With a good draw and some luck she could do well here.

Kiriber
Sep 12th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I keep hoping that all these tier III and IV events will lead to some confidence mostly after the clay wins.

I'm not sold that she rides on confidence after big wins like other players though. :o

Kiriber
Sep 12th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I keep hoping that all these tier III and IV events will lead to some confidence mostly after the clay wins.

I'm not sold that she rides on confidence after big wins like other players though. :o

Natash.
Sep 12th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Maria always plays quite well in Asia. :) Think she loves the atmosphere there.

SOA_MC
Sep 12th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Maria always plays quite well in Asia. :) Think she loves the atmosphere there.

Or that most of the tournaments in Asia are Tier III's and Tier IV's:p

Sharapower8
Sep 13th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Good luck Maria !

bad_angel_109
Sep 13th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Good luck to Maria. Hope she does well there and makes up for her early USO loss :D

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 14th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Jankovic (1) bye
Pennetta - Peer
Morita - Szavay
Li - Kuznetsova (5)
Dementieva (3) bye
Cornet - Q
Wozniacki - Q
Schiavone - Hantuchova (7)
Chakvetadze (8) - Q
Razzano - Sugiyama
Cibulkova - Mauresmo
Safina (4) bye
Radwanska (6) - Nakamura
Kirilenko - Bartoli
Q - Petrova
Ivanovic (2) bye

Now let's hope my girls will play each other.
Someone I think that Bartoli is the perfect opponent for Maria to get a nice win in Tier I.

Nikkiri
Sep 14th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Terrible draw. :shrug:

Dinayer
Sep 14th, 2008, 10:40 AM

true :sobbing:

but hapefully she will beat bartoli

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 14th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Almost forgot.
Maria retired 3 times in her career so far.
2 of them were against Bartoli :help:

Droolv
Sep 14th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Go Maria, thrash Bartoli :rocker2:

only_one_maria
Sep 14th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I don't think the draw is too bad :) You can't expect much in a Tier I, at least round 1 is winnable.

Looking at Makiri's futures, it seems she won't be playing Kremlin Cup. I'm amazed :speakles:

Nikkiri
Sep 14th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I don't think the draw is too bad :) You can't expect much in a Tier I, at least round 1 is winnable.

Looking at Makiri's futures, it seems she won't be playing Kremlin Cup. I'm amazed :speakles:

I believe she's in the qualies list for Moscow..maybe she'll get a WC.

kirivanovic
Sep 14th, 2008, 12:36 PM
That's a tough draw but Maria likes playing there. She has tough matches but not impossible,if she manages to make move the fat Bartoli,she'll be able to install her game and make her run.Her serve will be important:help:

About Moscow,when you see that Maria isn't playing the Fed Cup right now and that Makarova is there as the 4th player,i think that it will be tough to expect a WC in her home tournament:mad:

Nikkiri
Sep 14th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I think maybe she made her self unavailable for fed cup so she would have a better chance in Tokyo maybe.

Natash.
Sep 14th, 2008, 03:34 PM

Can't agree more. :tape: :o

But this is a tier I I guess. :(

Good luck, Maria. :hug:

King Aaron
Sep 14th, 2008, 05:22 PM
:tape: Hasn't Bartoli finally started playing decent again?

Labamba
Sep 14th, 2008, 06:39 PM
decent draw :) Maria can beat Bartoli

kirivanovic
Sep 14th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I think maybe she made her self unavailable for fed cup so she would have a better chance in Tokyo maybe.

Well,maybe you're right because Maria is a lot better than Makarova or Vesnina on clay. Anyway,Russia didn't need Maria to win very easily and that's better for her to be in Tokyo for a few days instead of training on clay last week:)

Warrior
Sep 14th, 2008, 08:27 PM

Like I said before, she should've played Guangzhou instead.

Kiriber
Sep 14th, 2008, 08:33 PM
The draw :help::sad:

I wouldn't mind seeing her play a still/maybe hurt Ana though.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 14th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Like I said before, she should've played in Korea instead.

Like I said, playing the smaller tournament time after time won't bring you anywere.
It won't give you much more confidence when you beat players ranked around 100. It's also no challenge and it won't add a thing to your game.
Playing the top players has so many more advantage.

Nikkiri
Sep 14th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Like I said before, she should've played Guangzhou instead.

I still don't agree.

Kiriber
Sep 14th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Like I said, playing the smaller tournament time after time won't bring you anywere.
It won't give you much more confidence when you beat players ranked around 100. It's also no challenge and it won't add a thing to your game.

If she can beat them. At moments she has the game, but who knows when it's going to be on.

I feel safe with a mix, she can come off this year with optimism and not look back on it that badly. That's something that matters too.

Not disagreeing though. She should be out giving herself a challenge with top ranked players. Maria is far from a terrible player.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 14th, 2008, 11:40 PM
If she can beat them. At moments she has the game, but who knows when it's going to be on.

I feel safe with a mix, she can come off this year with optimism and not look back on it that badly. That's something that matters too.

Not disagreeing though. She should be out giving herself a challenge with top ranked players. Maria is far from a terrible player.

She can only beat them if she plays them.

I know you said you don't disagree, but I more point this out to the ones who think Tokyo is a mistake.
What's there to win when you only play Tier IV? You really feel great when you win one? And what if you lose? Your confidence goes to zero.
Of course she can play a Tier III or IV now and then, but not if there's a Tier I in the same week.
So I'm glad she choose Berlin, Rome, Montreal and Tokyo now.

Kiriber
Sep 15th, 2008, 12:46 AM
That's a good point losing a lower tier event can't be good for the mindset of a player. Where as if you lose to at top ranked player you can normally pull good things out of it for the next time you play. Less mental stress than if your losing to someone ranked waaaaaaaaaaay below you.

Maria has the game, you can see it when it clicks, she just has the Russian choker syndrome. Very deadly.

SOA_MC
Sep 15th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Well I guess the best place in the draw for an unseeded player would be the Hantuchova, Chakvetadze section. But as far as Tier I draws go I think it's a good one for Maria. She won't play a top 4 seed till the 3rd round at the earliest not bad for a 28 player draw

Warrior
Sep 15th, 2008, 02:22 AM

Only in if she's in a good shape. But if she's struggling, it would only do more damage to her confidence.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 15th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Only in if she's in a good shape. But if she's struggling, it would only do more damage to her confidence.

I'll say it again. In bad shape against the lower players? That would do MORE damage.

Nikkiri
Sep 15th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I'll say it again. In bad shape against the lower players? That would do MORE damage.

:worship:

If Maria is happy being only a top 30 player and occasional top 20 player then by all means stick to playing the smaller events, but her goal is to be more than that. Maria is a great player who hasn't really had her big breakthrough, its about time she proved herself, how is she meant to do that playing all the small events, besides she really likes to play in Tokyo. She plays Seoul soon instead of Beijing and played Portoroz instead of LA which was more of a mistake.

Anyways good luck to Maria.

Nikkiri
Sep 15th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Maria plays tomorrow at 11:00 am on Court 2

Court 2 (from 11.00hrs)
1. Kirilenko vs. Bartoli
2. Cornet vs. Wozniak

Dinayer
Sep 15th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Maria plays tomorrow at 11:00 am on Court 2

Court 2 (from 11.00hrs)
1. Kirilenko vs. Bartoli
2. Cornet vs. Wozniak

Good luck :)

kirivanovic
Sep 15th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Maria and Flavia are in the doubles draw. They'll play Fusano and Grandin in the 1st round and then Chuang/Hsieh:(

Good luck girls;)

Kiriber
Sep 15th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I've been looking for pictures of her from that press thing so far just her looking very bored behind Jelena J.

I think there was some pretty girls must wear purple dresses rule though. :)

Zumoq
Sep 15th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Maria playing again soon :bounce:
Good luck!

Zumoq
Sep 15th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Of course she can play a Tier III or IV now and then, but not if there's a Tier I in the same week.

She just can't base her career decisions around the fear of losing to a supposedly better opponent. Not if she has any ambitions at all.

If she is ever to become more consistent, I think she has to learn to draw more confidence from the belief in her own game, and be less dependent on her recent results.

She has to go to Tokyo not only to have fun playing doubles with her good friend Flavia. I think she has to go there confident that she is going to deal some real damage to whomever is unlucky enough to meet her. I hope she does.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 15th, 2008, 06:43 PM

If Maria is happy being only a top 30 player and occasional top 20 player then by all means stick to playing the smaller events, but her goal is to be more than that. Maria is a great player who hasn't really had her big breakthrough, its about time she proved herself, how is she meant to do that playing all the small events, besides she really likes to play in Tokyo. She plays Seoul soon instead of Beijing and played Portoroz instead of LA which was more of a mistake.

Anyways good luck to Maria.

Yes, I really didn't understand Portoroz.
If you're going to Montreal anyway, then choose a tournament who has almost the same time zone.
Moving from europe to canada without rest won't do you any good.

Nikkiri
Sep 16th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Maria's match about to start :dance: ...about an hour late.

Good luck :rocker2:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 16th, 2008, 03:57 AM
I have to work within an hour, so I won't see the result before that.

DAVAJ MARIA!!!!

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Vamos Maria. :D

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Down a break. :sad: Fight back, Maria!

Protoss
Sep 16th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Down a break. :sad: Fight back, Maria!
And she had 2 game points in that game too. :(

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Yeah. :o

4-1* now. :(

Come on Maria. :hug: Wish she served first.

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 04:42 AM
*30-15

Come on, hold Maria. :)

Protoss
Sep 16th, 2008, 04:46 AM
What was wrong with Maria in her 2 matches against Bartoli when she retired?

Protoss
Sep 16th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Maria seems to be struggling a lot with Bartoli's serve as Bartoli has won 11/11 points on her 1st serve so far at 2-5 1st set.

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:01 AM
not looking good :( :sad:

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:02 AM
What the hell, Maria. :scared:

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:03 AM
So inconsistent. :o

Nikkiri
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:07 AM
I guess we're just gonna have to wait till next year. :shrug:

Same old story with Maria, unfortunately.

Kiriber
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:08 AM
:help:

Oh well.

Protoss
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:13 AM
So is this a hangover from the Paszek match or her more or less typical hard court struggle this year?

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Masha should have played in Europe
Athens and Sofia 100ks would have been better.

Nikkiri
Broken again.:help: I didn't expect her to win this match but I expected a hell of lot more than this.

And breaks back..again looks like shes leaving it all too late. :rain:

Natash.
Broken again.:help: I didn't expect her to win this match but I expected a hell of lot more than this.

And breaks back..again looks like shes leaving it all too late. :rain:

Exactly what she loves doing. :sobbing:

Kiriber
Well no bagel I'll be happy about that. At least she's not giving up.

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:16 AM
So is this a hangover from the Paszek match or her more or less typical hard court struggle this year?

It's her.

Reading reports and watching her matches, she's just too tenative nowadays.

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Try and hold, Maria. :hug:

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:17 AM
0-30. :lol:

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:18 AM
30-30. :)

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:18 AM
30-30. :)

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:19 AM
That's the way, Maria. :hearts: Now break again and hold!

Nikkiri
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Maria :rolls:

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Please break now. :tape: Don't wait till she's serving for it. :sobbing:

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Bartoli about to hold at love. :o

Nikkiri
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Please break now. :tape: Don't wait till she's serving for it. :sobbing:

She'll save 3 bps on her own serve and go up 3 bps on Marion's while serving for the match and still lose. :hearts:

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:25 AM
She'll save 3 bps on her own serve and go up 3 bps on Marion's while serving for the match and still lose. :hearts:

:sobbing:

I thinking more of:

She holds saving 3 bps

Breaks at love

Gets broken at love, losing the match.

:devil:

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Starts off with a df. :sobbing:

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Ace on 2nd serve. :haha:

Nikkiri
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Mp... :)

Kiriber
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:28 AM
At least she made it fun there at the end. :kiss:

Nikkiri
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:29 AM
And loses. Really disappointing showing.

Not much else to say. :shrug:

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:29 AM
:o

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Very disappointing performances on where she revived her season last year.

These scorelines doesn't show much motivation. Finally breaks Bartoli down 2 breaks. :o

Protoss
Ace on 2nd serve. :haha:
Weird...the actual scoreboard stats didn't show her a point on 2nd serve there.

Natash.
I'll avoid GM now. :lol:

Nikkiri
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Another kiri slump :hearts:

Natash.
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:34 AM
:woohoo: As if we didn't need another. :)

If Rus, Cibulkova, and Pivovarova lose, I will be :sobbing:

Nikkiri
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Cibulkova got a bagel :sobbing:

Kiriber
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Snuggz time :hug:

Ngh that was horrible.

Protoss
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Cibulkova got a bagel :sobbing:
2nd straight match she's gotten one too. :( I hope she isn't developing a liking for them. :p

Kiriber
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:38 AM
To many carbs are no good. ;)

SOA_MC
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Masha should have played in Europe
Athens and Sofia 100ks would have been better.

Is either of them played on clay? If not why bother:shrug:

When's the next Tier IV clay tournament anyway:o

Nikkiri
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Lets just all watch how sweet and adorable she is and forget this mess :sobbing:

h3yDUGw7QBo

Protoss
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Very disappointing performances on where she revived her season last year.

These scorelines doesn't show much motivation. Finally breaks Bartoli down 2 breaks. :o
Those most recent articles made it sound like she was motivated. :shrug:

Kiriber
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Lets just all watch how sweet and adorable she is and forget this mess :sobbing:

h3yDUGw7QBo

Awww actress Maria that how you say it. :hearts:

Nikkiri
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:48 AM
The surface the tier status it all wouldn't make a difference, shes in a slump. Just take a look back over the years.

Zumoq
Sep 16th, 2008, 06:08 AM
:sad:

Maria :hug:

So it's back to working 30% harder. Or acting...

Protoss
Sep 16th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Is it really a slump or just the surface? Earlier in the year she struggled on hard courts but her results improved dramatically once she got on clay. As the clay season ended, so have Maria's results regressed quite a bit. Coincidence or not?

Droolv
Sep 16th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Oh Maria :sobbing: Please do well in the doubles :hug:

:bigcry:

Nikkiri
Sep 16th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Is it really a slump or just the surface? Earlier in the year she struggled on hard courts but her results improved dramatically once she got on clay. As the clay season ended, so have Maria's results regressed quite a bit. Coincidence or not?

Well I personally think its one of Maria's usual slumps. I think she'd lose to most people on clay right now also. :shrug: And earlier in the year she had her best showing at a GS at the AO the bad results came after the choke which really crushed her mentally. Wimbledon was crap as per usual for her :o and then she got ill.

myse7en
Sep 16th, 2008, 09:16 AM
in 2007 her win/loss for hard court was 30-16 whereas on clay it was an utterly disappointing 1-5.

i don't understand why her coach would want her to make clay her best surface. sure, she has won a couple of clay court tournaments this year but how many clay court tournaments are there in a year (and tier four ones at that). wouldnt it be a whole lot better if she tried to improve on hard court?

Dinayer
Sep 16th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Maria :sad: :sad:

at least she lost to bartoli not to Tamira :o

only_one_maria
Sep 16th, 2008, 10:54 AM
I don't know what to say :sad:

She was playing very well this time last year. You can' just 'lose' your talent - not at Masha's age anyway. Van Harpen talked about working 30% harder. Now to me, 30% sounds like quite a lot. I'm sure Masha enjoys her life, but she might later regret not acheiving as much as she could as a tennis player.

watchdogfish
Sep 16th, 2008, 11:04 AM
What a disappointing scoreline :sad: Hopefully Maria can pick herself back up again soon.

But looking on the brightside, at least after Seoul she has no point to defend until November :p

kirivanovic
Sep 16th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Maria:crying2:

She's 100 times more talented than Bartoli and she loses 6-2 6-2:sad:

I don't know what's wrong with her but she needs to play better the next weeks if she wanna be seeded for the Australian Open...

When you see her matches at the Australian Open this year,there is a huge difference!! I also think that the match against Hantuchova crushed her mentally on hard court.

Good luck for the doubles,i hope that she'll have more fun with Flavia.

VIKA?
Sep 16th, 2008, 01:52 PM
OMG MAKIRI:help::o

Protoss
Sep 16th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I'm half tempted to want Maria to play Dani in the 1st round of some tournament. :p

Warrior
Sep 16th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Good luck in doubles Maria

Warrior
Sep 16th, 2008, 03:38 PM
OMG MAKIRI:help::o

Don't worry soon her ranking will drop low enough so that she'll have to qualify for these tournaments. This way she'd win a few matches.

King Aaron
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:49 PM
LOL. How unexpected Maria. :bigclap:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 16th, 2008, 06:04 PM
in 2007 her win/loss for hard court was 30-16 whereas on clay it was an utterly disappointing 1-5.

i don't understand why her coach would want her to make clay her best surface. sure, she has won a couple of clay court tournaments this year but how many clay court tournaments are there in a year (and tier four ones at that). wouldnt it be a whole lot better if she tried to improve on hard court?

It's not just making her a claycourter, but on clay it's the best way to improve your game in general. So the idea is good. That should help her at hardcourt as well.
This defeat has NOTHING to do with the surface. Maria still won a Tier II at hardcourt and she still has a good game for it. Though it looks like that clay suits her better.

I still have the opinion that she shoul play less doubles and focus more on the singles. 50% doubles of all your tournaments should be enough. Her net game can already be good enough. Now it not seems like that, but it's cause her whole game is off.
At least she keeps the DF's down.

I still believe in Maria although it's hard to shallow all these losses. 4th in a row now. She drops out of top 30 and that can cost her a seeding at AO. But once she gets out of all this and shows the 100% believe in herself, she can come to great results.
I'll never understand women and confidence. It seems so hard for these girls to get it.
Maria has the movement, the net play and variaty shots and can play chess on court. Her head and some lack of power is bothering her.
Hopefully Erik finds a way to improve it, but overall it's Maria who has to do it.

Common girl, fight back to top 20. You belong there.

Protoss
Sep 17th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Apparently things aren't going much better in doubles. Maria/Flavia lost the 1st set 5-7 to Fusano/Grandin. :( I've never heard of either of them.

Perhaps there's a bit of improvement now as Maria/Flavia break for 2-0 2nd set.

Nikkiri
Sep 17th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Flavia hasn't held serve the whole match I don't think :o

Oh wait she just did. :)

Protoss
Sep 17th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Maria/Flavia seem to have gotten it together as they hold for 6-1 2nd set. :) Of course, they couldn't convert 3 set points for a bagel. :p

Protoss
Sep 17th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Whew...Maria/Flavia win the super tiebreak 10-8 from 1-3 and 3-5 down. :) They got a minibreak at 8-8 on a 2nd serve. The match was 1 hour 31 minutes long.

Rod the Bama
Sep 17th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Good win for Makiri and Flavia. :clap2: They showed a lot of resolve with their comebacks in the super tiebreaker.

Nikkiri
Sep 17th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Well done girls. :bigclap:

Droolv
Sep 17th, 2008, 09:13 AM
:woohoo:

Hopefully this will boost Maria's confidence :yeah:

Labamba
Sep 17th, 2008, 12:15 PM
atleast a win in doubles :yeah:

singles form sucks at the moment :awww: nothing to do with surface imo, just the usual slump mode on right now :( Maria quickly needs one or two good singles wins under her belt to get out of it (hopefully this will happen in Seoul)

Kiriber
Sep 17th, 2008, 03:25 PM
:bounce:

I do love the Maria Flavia doubles team.

Warrior
Sep 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM
they lost by retirement.

Nikkiri
Sep 18th, 2008, 04:20 PM
:wavey: Tokyo.

(4) Chuang/Hsieh (TPE/TPE) d. Kirilenko/Pennetta (RUS/ITA) w/o (Pennetta: plantar fasciitis)

Dinayer
Sep 18th, 2008, 06:38 PM
bye tokyo :sobbing:

Warrior
Sep 18th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Maria should take the rest of the year off.

Nikkiri
Sep 18th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I don't think taking the rest of the year off is the best idea. :shrug: After Seoul she has nothing to defend.

Warrior
Sep 18th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I don't think taking the rest of the year off is the best idea. :shrug: After Seoul she has nothing to defend.

Yeah, she seems to be exhausted, both mentally and physically. I don't see any reason to continue playing.

Natash.
Sep 18th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Well I personally think its one of Maria's usual slumps. I think she'd lose to most people on clay right now also. :shrug: And earlier in the year she had her best showing at a GS at the AO the bad results came after the choke which really crushed her mentally. Wimbledon was crap as per usual for her :o and then she got ill.

I think it's a slump as well.

From what I heard, she's not playing the way she's supposed and used to on hard.

She has many ways to play the game. Something a lot of her peers doesn't. No confidence at the moment I think.

Protoss
Sep 19th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Have there been any comments from Maria on her singles match or match reports from anybody might watched the match? I haven't seen either. :(