PDA

View Full Version : Where are the big guns?

Jachal
Sep 11th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I know this is an old subject, but...

Looking at the Tokio Tier 1 main draw I see some fun names like Ivanovic, Jankovic, Dementieva, Safina, Kuznetsova and maybe Mauresmo (can we still place Momo in one line with the Top-ten'ers?), but I feel like there's something missing.

Where is Seles, Capriati, Davenport, Dokic, Pierce, Hingis, Clijsters, Henin, Myskina - I miss the big names. I doubt, that the players in Tokio can provide us with such quality, intensity and drama the others used to over the years...

I want the titanic clashes back!

I miss Capriati yelling the F-word, Kournikova chewing a bubblegum during the match, Monica screaming like hell, Dokic's father threatenings, the drama around Mary, Conchita asking for the lucky ball, Lindsay standing like a tower, Hingis doing magic on court and Myskina always saying what she thinks!

I don't think the WTA can last any longer on only 4 names - Serena, Venus, Sharapova and Jankovic, 'coz the first three are not the best supporters of the tour in the sense, that they are withdrawing left and right from the tournaments.
The WTA desperately needs more big names to provide interesting matches every week.

Marshmallow
Sep 11th, 2008, 07:44 PM
elgt8GyFZkw :hug: