PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen a news about Hingis being declined to play an exhibition in Estonia?

tenn_ace
Sep 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM
The official version is because the organizers couldn't find a sponsor, but the source speculated that it is because her alleged cocaine use.

Any more information on this? The place I read it is not particulary trustworthy...

PS. If this is true - Estonia :help:

Adal
Sep 11th, 2008, 05:04 PM
oh my god :sobbing:

Meelis
Sep 11th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Yes there were sponsor problems, but only after heavy campaign in press against the event. Estonian Tennis Federation did not see any problem with it, but president of the Estonian Olympic Committee was strongly against the idea from day one. Also some journalists were very negative about it.

frontier
Sep 11th, 2008, 05:32 PM
poor thing!

TheAllan
Sep 11th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Can't it be both? If they can't find sufficient funds from sponsors, maybe it has to do with the fact that she's serving a drug ban.

tenn_ace
Sep 11th, 2008, 05:41 PM
no offense to Estonians, but this country is ok with neo-fascists marching openly but wouldn't let an alleged cocaine user to play tennis? I mean bwahaha :haha:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Sep 11th, 2008, 06:05 PM
She was declined because she is a coke-addict? not a surpirse to be honest..

Dodoboy.
Sep 11th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Well i understand why to be honest.

TheAllan
Sep 11th, 2008, 06:23 PM
no offense to Estonians, but this country is ok with neo-fascists marching openly but wouldn't let an alleged cocaine user to play tennis? I mean bwahaha :haha:
I'm sure she can go there and play as much exhibition tennis as she wants. For free. The issue is more whether she should be making money on a sport she is currently banned from participating in by the ITF. Doping is a hot topic right now and virtually all top officials and politicians are positioning themselves as hardliners. This is not an issue specific to Estonia - I can imagine the same scenario playing in many other places. The German press and Dr. Werner Franke would be ruthless if she were scheduled to play there.

Lucemferre
Sep 11th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Estonia :help:

Adal
Sep 11th, 2008, 07:10 PM
so much hate for estonia :sad: :(

ViennaCalling
Sep 11th, 2008, 07:18 PM

Welcome to Tennisforum. These morons sit in front of their computer and don´t use their brain.

Just forget them, they are not worth it :hug:

Ksenia.
Sep 12th, 2008, 04:19 AM
:ras: to the haters :p

friendsita
Sep 12th, 2008, 04:32 AM
omgoshhh martina

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 12th, 2008, 04:34 AM
:confused: If the event won't be held, it's definitely because of lack of sponsor.
But it's still held, means they somehow doesn't want Martina to play the exo.:tape:
It's not like Martina is playing competitive tennis.:shrug: It's just an exo.:o

Martian Jeza
Sep 12th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Eastern Europeans countries teaching us lessons, very funny I would say. Vodka anyone ? *cheers*

Nikkiri
Sep 12th, 2008, 06:38 AM

Estonia rocks. :rocker2:

tenn_ace
Sep 12th, 2008, 07:04 AM

you'd be on a suicide watch by now if you were an american or a russian on this board

Martian Jeza
Sep 12th, 2008, 07:15 AM
you'd be on a suicide watch by now if you were an american or a russian on this board

He's Russian living in Estonia :haha:

homogenius
Sep 12th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Hingis will have no problem to find some exho in other countries so I don't see the big deal (but stupid decision from Estonia imo).