PDA

View Full Version : Bali 2R: Yung-Jan Chan def. Shuai Peng (9) 6-1 7-5

tim2502
Sep 11th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Chan won 70% return points and broke Peng's service games 8 times.

Next Rd please defeat Daniela :devil:

ViennaCalling
Sep 11th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Congrats :yeah:

Let´s hope for a Tamira vs. Yung-Jan Semifinal :bounce:
(Tamira just needs to win 2 matches before :help: :lol: )

RND
Sep 11th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Shaky second set but still wins 9 more points only to take it 7-5 though.Unexpected I have to say. :yeah:

Peng's serve let her down today. :hug:

Mcawen
Sep 11th, 2008, 08:32 AM
check it out, check it out :o

until second set, 2 games on
http://www.tennisforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=52503&d=1221121851

Josh.
Sep 11th, 2008, 08:34 AM
YJ. :yeah: Great win.

Shaui, at least you won one match. :shrug:

King Of Tennis
Sep 11th, 2008, 08:48 AM
great win Chan..:D :D :D

now Hantuchova..you have to play better than today...!!! good luck and reach the semifinals...:D :D

Ellery
Sep 11th, 2008, 02:33 PM
OMG at those stats :spit:

Hilarious.

Well done Yung Jan :yeah: :hearts:

darkangel23
Sep 11th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Shuai :help:

$uricate
Sep 11th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Shuai you knucklehead.

Its hard enough for her to beat people anyway without a 17% first serve percentage.

She only cares about the fashion now I guess.

Well done Latisha :yeah:

Rising Sun
Sep 11th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Awful serving stats for Shuai :help:

Congrats Latisha :)

ce
Sep 11th, 2008, 03:35 PM
:o
awful PingPong

drake3781
Sep 11th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Shuai should be a class above Latisha by now. Really by forever; she should not be troubled by players like Latisha. So this is not welcome news... seems that Shuai is having a downturn... hope it is temporary.

KanSuke
Sep 11th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Shuai should be a class above Latisha by now. Really by forever; she should not be troubled by players like Latisha. So this is not welcome news... seems that Shuai is having a downturn... hope it is temporary.

Well, YJ is not consistent enough I know, but she has not bad results so far this year. ( she took one set from both Davenport and Kuznetsova this year. She also beat Bammer and Razzano with easy scoreline who Peng was struggling with this year. And she just took the first win at Grand Slam. ) So I don't think she's the kind of players who Peng could handle easily.

drake3781
Sep 11th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Well, YJ is not consistent enough I know, but she has not bad results so far this year. ( she took one set from both Davenport and Kuznetsova this year. She also beat Bammer and Razzano with easy scoreline who Peng was struggling with this year. And she just took the first win at Grand Slam. ) So I don't think she's the kind of players who Peng could handle easily.

Yeah, I guess Latisha is improving, and Shuai is faltering. I just meant that Shuai should be at the next level by now, based on her experience and some of her previous results. I've seen Latisha be crushed like a bug by some of the higher level players. But Shuai by now should be able to battle with them, and pretty consistently beat Latisha.

Anyway it looks like the second set got competitive... hopefully just a slow-starting match for Shuai instead of indicative of deeper problems.

Derek.
Sep 12th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Yeah, I guess Latisha is improving, and Shuai is faltering. I just meant that Shuai should be at the next level by now, based on her experience and some of her previous results. I've seen Latisha be crushed like a bug by some of the higher level players. But Shuai by now should be able to battle with them, and pretty consistently beat Latisha.

Anyway it looks like the second set got competitive... hopefully just a slow-starting match for Shuai instead of indicative of deeper problems.

Haven't you realized Peng hasn't done anything since 2005? :o

Mynarco
Sep 12th, 2008, 01:50 AM
17% 1st serve :help:
worse than Nadia's 3x% against nakamura

RND
Sep 12th, 2008, 04:28 AM
17% 1st serve :help:
worse than Nadia's 3x% against nakamura
That's the low point of the match but she made it 46% when the match is finished,so a tad better than Nadia there. ;)