PDA

View Full Version : Players at Mouratoglou's academy, or otherwise connected to his company

Corswandt
Sep 10th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Maybe the French posters can help me out on this. I'd like to know which players work at Patrick Mouratoglou's academy on a permanent or near permanent basis, and which ones have worked there in the past.

Mouratoglou's business seems to be organised along Bollettieri/IMG lines, with both a tennis academy and management services on offer.

http://www.mtateam.com/players.html

So the core group of players currently consists of:

Marcos Baghdatis [has moved back to Cyprus over a year ago]
Yung-Jan Chan
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Aravane Rezai [still coached by dad Arsalan]

Plus Cindy Chala. The other juniors mentioned there I'm not familiar with.

Chan and Pav are both coached by Mouratoglou himself, as is Julia Vakulenko, according to the 2008 WTA media guide.

Other players mentioned at the website as having worked with Mouratoglou:

Mandy Minella
Ksenia Milevskaya
Irena Pavlovic

Have trained there in the past (or still do?):

Petra Cetkovska [was once Baghdatis' GF; still lives in France]

The website also shows an image of Paul-Henri Mathieu. Does he train there as well? Or is

Any others?

DutchieGirl
Sep 11th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Rybarikova?

Lighter
Sep 11th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Aravane Rezaï doesn't work anymore with Mouratoglou's academy. It's has been over since Roland Garros '08.

stefi62
Sep 11th, 2008, 07:53 AM
No more Vakulenko, she left a year ago

Corswandt
Sep 12th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Aravane Rezaï doesn't work anymore with Mouratoglou's academy. It's has been over since Roland Garros '08.

Which hasn't prevented Pat from continuing to use her image and name for promotional purposes.

I suppose that's part of the deal players have to agree to when they sign with his company. That, or they only stop using the names/image of players when somebody actually complains.

No more Vakulenko, she left a year ago

It seems like it's total sauve qui peut! :lol:

Russianboy
Sep 12th, 2008, 09:55 PM
i was training there one week..it was really great.

i saw marcos and his girlfriend was mandy minella at that time, who is training there as well.

milevskaya left the academy cuz she had to sign a contact which she didnt want to sign.
vakulenko left cuz she did not like the coaches