PDA

View Full Version : Bali: 1r Anastassia Rodionova def. Julia Vakulenko 6:2, 3:0 ret.

darkangel23
Sep 9th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Anastassia :)

Julia :sad::hug:
What's up with your health this season...?

Hashim.
Sep 9th, 2008, 08:33 AM
:sobbing::sad:
this is so sad:bigcry:

Golovinjured.
Sep 9th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Nastya :woohoo:

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I can generally deal with losses (most of em anyway) by my favs pretty well. But retirements are another thing altogether. :bigcry:

I just really hope Julia can simply get back to feeling fit on the tennis court again. When that happens the results will take care of themselves.

Get well soon Julia. :hug:

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:03 AM

Crass. :rolleyes:

CooCooCachoo
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I seriously think Julia should be better off retiring altogether. She is always going to be plagued by injuries, which is just not going to do her body any good in the long run either. And these injuries will have great mental impact as well, and we know from the past that Vakulenko is mentally frail, even having called it quits due to motivational problems.

It's sad, cause the girl is so talented and would be a solid Top 20 player without these problems.

Golovinjured.
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Crass. :rolleyes:

What the fuck is Crass?

And I'm not allowed to cheer for a player I'm a fan of, just because one of your favourites lost?

You bitter queen :o

Josh.
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Julia, whats up?

Nastya, long time between drinks. :yeah:

CooCooCachoo
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:12 AM
What the fuck is Crass?

And I'm not allowed to cheer for a player I'm a fan of, just because one of your favourites lost?

It's just not very classy to celebrate when someone is injured ;) I am also happy Rodionova advanced over Vakulenko, but there's a time and place for everything.

OZTENNIS
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:16 AM
A win which guarantees her Y.E. top 100 ranking :D

Julia :sad: :hug:
Ashame to see someone with potential floundering with injuries. I know how it feels, Vakulenko fans, take a look at my sig :sad:

Dani12
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:19 AM
It's just not very classy to celebrate when someone is injured ;) I am also happy Rodionova advanced over Vakulenko, but there's a time and place for everything.

Uh, its not like it was over the top or anything... Just happy she won a match, I see nothing wrong with that.

Golovinjured.
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:25 AM

:rolleyes:

It's not like I was rubbing it in her face. I can see where you're coming from, but what, we're not allowed to commend Nastya just because Vakulenko retired halfway through the second set? Give me a break :o

CooCooCachoo
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:35 AM
:rolleyes:

It's not like I was rubbing it in her face. I can see where you're coming from, but what, we're not allowed to commend Nastya just because Vakulenko retired halfway through the second set? Give me a break :o

I am just clarifying what Chris meant :shrug: If I would have taken great offense, I would have said something in the first place ;)

zveeen
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Julia :hug::sad:

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 9th, 2008, 10:25 AM
What the fuck is Crass?

Celebrating a win over an injured opponent is crass.

Look if one of my favourites wins over an injured opponent I do not celebrate. Why should I? There is no indication my fav would have played well or won if the opponent had been fit. I want to see my favs winning over healthy inform opponents because they are playing well. Injuries are the worst thing that can happen to a professional athlete and to celebrate an athlete winning over an injured opponent is crass.

See Dark Angel's and OZTENNIS's posts for an example of how to post more appropiately when a player you like wins by retirement.

adam_ads_n
Sep 9th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I hope it wasn't Anastasia who injured Julia with something :p Get better Julia!

*Jean*
Sep 9th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Julia :( She'd better stop!

babuska6
Sep 9th, 2008, 04:55 PM
OMG Poor Julia :( She is still injuried I cannot believe :( Get well soon please

Jorn
Sep 9th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Its again a wrist injury :sad:

Get well soon Julia!

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 9th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Its again a wrist injury :sad:

Get well soon Julia!

:sad:

Yes, get well soon.

Milito22
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Julia :sobbing:

Vefci Y
Sep 9th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Julia just got 40 points thiw year.maybe she final rank of this year will be 300........:sad: