PDA

View Full Version : Isha Price's weight and V and Serena's Responsibility

tonybotz
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Isha Price, the elder Williams sister, is morbidly obese. Do Serena and Williams, who are top class athletes, and promote being healthy women, have a responsibility to help her sister? are they wrong to sit by and let her get sick while they do nothing?
Thoughts?

friendsita
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:07 AM
lol...

tennnisfannn
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:12 AM
wow, Isha has haters perhaps she can be on the wta tour.

tonybotz
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:16 AM
i'm posing a serious question. if roger federer had a brother who was morbidly obese, I would ask the same thing. Don't they have some obligation towards helping her? she's surely going to suffer from high blood pressure, type two diabetes, heart disease.. she's not a healthy girl.

kwilliams
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:16 AM
^^ She destroy the field with her punishing groundstrokes.

Isha like the sisters is an individual, living her life how she wants to. So many people tell the sisters how to live their lives...I think they'd be very slow to do the same to someone else.

tonybotz
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:18 AM
i understand that, but knowing what they do about health and fitness, shouldn't they say "hey isha, why don't walk with us in the morning?" she's not chub, she's seriously unhealthy.

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:28 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

winone23
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:33 AM
play nice! However, I must admit I have wondered the same thing.

égalité
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:34 AM
:spit: :spit: Are you in TWAT? :hearts:

Morbidly obese :haha: :haha:

It's not their responsibility. She should stop eating Big Macs. And if she has to, she should walk to McDonalds. :smash: She's not even that fat anyway.

mirzalover
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Honestly I was thinking the same thing the whole tournament. How can you have TWO sister who are world class sport stars, and another sister who is skinny then be extremely over weight.

SOA_MC
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:41 AM
^^ She destroy the field with her punishing groundstrokes.

Isha like the sisters is an individual, living her life how she wants to. So many people tell the sisters how to live their lives...I think they'd be very slow to do the same to someone else.

But still... being that overweight is as bad as being an alcholic in the health sense would you excuse a family member with a alcohol problem as living the way they want to?

tonybotz
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:42 AM
if isha is the big one, then yes, she is that fat. her bmi would classify her as "morbidly obese" here in the US.

Tennisstar86
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Honestly I was thinking the same thing the whole tournament. How can you have TWO sister who are world class sport stars, and another sister who is skinny then be extremely over weight.

Because shes fighting Oracens genes, just like Serena. Problem is she lost the fight long ago....

tonybotz
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:43 AM
But still... being that overweight is as bad as being an alcholic in the health sense would you excuse a family member with a alcohol problem as living the way they want to?

that's a great analogy. exactly, they're allowing her to essentially kill herself and neglect her health while they promote a healthy life style.

V's a star
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:46 AM
I myslef have often wondered this cant front lol. I am not a professional athlete but like almost everyone i have family members who are overweight n i wud never say why dont u lose sum pounds :shrug:
Also most people have sum unhealthy habits beside wieght like smoking, smoking weed, drinking to much. So its her life shell wat she wants like being a great lawyer

tonybotz
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:47 AM
actually in my family, if someone gets overweight, my mom will always say, you're getting too fat, its not good for you, we have diabetes in the family, your father has heart disease, etc. you don't sit idly by while someone eats themselves to death.

~Eclipsed~
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:50 AM

wow i agree with you. :eek:

But yeah, i would think that after watching them getting such a workout through so many of their matches seeing what type of shape they are in, that would motivate her to make a change. And i'm sorry, but someone must have said something along the way that hinted about it. Like maybe at her job a co-worker said, "Wow you're one of Venus's and Serena's sisters" *with a puzzled look on their face* :p

LindsayRulz
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:51 AM
I'd say that at this point it must be very hard to lose weight, she needs a surgery or something IMO.

And even if Serena and Venus wanted her to lose weight, it's Isha herself who has to do the efforts. I don't think Serena and Venus has anything to do with Isha's weight. :shrug:

V's a star
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:54 AM
I'd say that at this point it must be very hard to lose weight, she needs a surgery or something IMO.

And even if Serena and Venus wanted her to lose weight, it's Isha herself who has to do the efforts. I don't think Serena and Venus has anything to do with Isha's weight. :shrug:

thats a great idea she can afford gastric bypass surgey why not do it

sky20748
why is this anyones business.Isha is her own woman.we do not know if they have sat there sister down and talked to her.maybe she has a gland problem.we do not know this womans situation and it is her life and she has to live it the way she sees fit.man such hate on here for someone who isnt even a tennis player wow.but there are medical conditions that will cause u to gain weight.my friend had graves disease and she gained so much weight before we knew what was wrong with her.the thing is to never judge a book by its cover.we are made in all shapes and sizes and colors and no one can judge us but god.

Infiniti2001
that's a great analogy. exactly, they're allowing her to essentially kill herself and neglect her health while they promote a healthy life style.

Do you have proof of that? How do you know her weight hasn't or isn't being discussed regularly? Her mom was overweight not too long ago, and it looks like she's done something about it.... Isha is a grown woman who will do what she wants. I don't think the sisters should be criticized at all. I mean it's so easy to sit behind your monitor in the comfort of your home and make assumptions :rolleyes:

tonybotz
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:57 AM
i'm not making assumptions. i'm just asking if serena and venus have an obligation to get their unhealthy sister into shape.

égalité
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:57 AM
I've been to the U.S. Open many times. Those seats are not exceptionally large. She can fit in them.

And how do you know what her BMI is? :unsure:

tonybotz
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:58 AM
*edit* a "moral" obligation.

mirzalover
Plus doesnt Isha work for Venus and Serena and travel with them? So I doubt she has much time to be going to the gym but still you know her ass is tired after climbing all those steps to get to the players box.

tonybotz
it doesnt take BMI to figure out that she is unhealthy.

danieln1
Sep 9th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Maybe she has a hormonal disorder...

Hurley
Sep 9th, 2008, 06:29 AM
i'm posing a serious question. if roger federer had a brother who was morbidly obese, I would ask the same thing. Don't they have some obligation towards helping her? she's surely going to suffer from high blood pressure, type two diabetes, heart disease.. she's not a healthy girl.

Ask about Roger Federer's girlfriend, then.

vma
Sep 9th, 2008, 06:33 AM
any pics of her?

Dawn Marie
Sep 9th, 2008, 06:33 AM
a person has to want to lose the weight on their own. What strikes me about Isha is that she has such a beautiful face that if she was slimmer she would be even better looking.

seriously though, serena and venus are not responsible for another person. Just like many of us who have fat ass friends,moms,dads, sisters,brothers,auntie's and uncles and cousins and grandparents aren't responsible for their fat asses as well.
sry, but this thread won't take away her fans happiness. nice try though.

dont make me bring up other fat asses family members that are sitting in the stands. You didn't bring up Jelena Jankovic mom at all so this thread isn't sincere to me. Your just trying to hate on something Williams. Serena and Venus won slams this year so now you have to bring up Isha. LMAO.

mirzalover
Sep 9th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Jelena's mom compared to Isha is completely different.

1. she is older, as you get older you tend to gain weight
2. Isha is young. Being that big at that age or any age is not good
3. Isha is HUGE lets be honest. I know people who have been HUGE all their life and out lived skinnier people but they have many health problems.

Dawn Marie
Sep 9th, 2008, 06:50 AM
The issue is weight. fat asses and responsibiltiy and nothing but. Age has nothing to do with the subject of having a fat ass family member sitting in your box.

Now do I have to mention all fat asses who sit in boxes?

Fed X girlie is a fat ass.
Hingis's mom is a fat ass
Sharapova's dad another fat ass.

Just cause Isha is heavier doesn't mean the focus on fat people and their tennis family and responsibilty can't be mentioned. fat is fat. some are fatter then others.
weight issues in the USA is atrocious.

This thread is retarded cause it saying Vee and Rena should be responsible for a grown women's weight gain/weight. I have a few fat friends and you can't make people lose weight. eating is an addiction.

It's like Jen Cap's parents were totally resposible for Jenny smoking pot. Or Hingis's mom for Hingis snorting. Or what about Lily Allen's family her drinking.

This is another thread imho to try to hate on something Williams cause they're winning.

mirzalover
Sep 9th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Well he/she included Oracene also then if he was hating and as you can see a lot of people had thought the same thing as the OP.

And age does have something to do with it. Jelena's mom isnt that fat plus she is older. Back when she was Isha age she could have been Jelena weight or smaller. Isha is what 29ish and ever since I've been seeing her on TV she has been HUGE. In the long run, being that big at that young of a age is going to cause more problems than gradually gaining more weight as you body metab slows down.

I actually think we are talking about something different. I dont think Venus and Serena are responsible for Isha weight, Im talking about why Isha hasnt lost any weight at all since 2001ish from the looks of it.

Dawn Marie
Sep 9th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Isha probably hasn't lost any weight at all because she is addicted to food. It's very common. especially in the US of A. She may have fluid retention. She may have diabetes. She may have an over active thryoid, she may be depressed??

how in the heck are we going to find out why Isha is Huge? Dude, if the thread was about weight gain in people it wouldn't be nothing. In fact an intersting thread. Yet, Serena just won her 9th slam and someone is trying to blame Vee and Rena on their sisters weight. Implying that they're somehow responsible?? That is retarded.

Ive never seen a thread about Isha's weight and Venus and Serena and respopsibilty, yet suddenly in 2008 after Venus won 5 wimbys and Serena 9 titles and 3 gold medals this thread pops up. LMAO

VeeReeDavJCap81
Sep 9th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Well she is very breasty, so I don't think she is as fat as she may appear. Although she does look like she'd be fun to go to dinner with :tape:

mirzalover
Sep 9th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Isha probably hasn't lost any weight at all because she is addicted to food. It's very common. especially in the US of A. She may have fluid retention. She may have diabetes. She may have an over active thryoid, she may be depressed??

how in the heck are we going to find out why Isha is Huge? Dude, if the thread was about weight gain in people it wouldn't be nothing. In fact an intersting thread. Yet, Serena just won her 9th slam and someone is trying to blame Vee and Rena on their sisters weight. Implying that they're somehow responsible?? That is retarded.

Ive never seen a thread about Isha's weight and Venus and Serena and respopsibilty, yet suddenly in 2008 after Venus won 5 wimbys and Serena 9 titles and 3 gold medals this thread pops up. LMAO

Did I ask that? No

Ok so... He might be hating. It still brought up something more than one person has thought about. I've always thought about her being fat everytime I see her on tv.

He probably is hating but I think your taking it a bit to serious considering he is blaming her being fat on V and Ree. Its just like whatever, nice try. But yeah Im obviously taking it too serious to with Isha's Weight

Rocketta
Sep 9th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Isha is a big girl. She lost in the gene lottery when it comes to weight. Big deal. The day she wants to lose weight she will and Surgery is never the best option if it can be avoided.... People die on the operating table everyday getting useless needless surgeries.

Anyway, Isha may be big but she's smart, pretty and her sister's love her so if you ask me she's certainly luckier than a lot of the people on this board. :shrug:

homogenius
Sep 9th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Plus doesnt Isha work for Venus and Serena and travel with them? So I doubt she has much time to be going to the gym but still you know her ass is tired after climbing all those steps to get to the players box.

Anyone knows if she really works with her sisters and which job she is supposed to do ?

faboozadoo15
Sep 9th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Mirka, Sharapov, and Molitor may be carrying a few extra pounds, but Ishe is morbidly obese. there's a big difference.

Scotso
Sep 9th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Like maybe at her job a co-worker said, "Wow you're one of Venus's and Serena's sisters" *with a puzzled look on their face* :p

Do you think she's ever had a job? :p

Scotso
Sep 9th, 2008, 08:36 AM
how in the heck are we going to find out why Isha is Huge?

I'm amazed, but I actually managed to find something I agree with in one of your posts.

The fact is, we have no idea what her medical condition is, and people generally are not that size without some sort of genetic problem or something. But she's not an athlete, and I really fail to see why we need a thread about her weight. There's absolutely no reason for this other than to make her feel bad or to wrongly blame her sisters for her condition. I have no idea why it would be Venus and Serena's responsibility to control their sisters' weight. How do you know the topic isn't discussed? I'm amazed that so many people have volunteered information here on a subject they know nothing about.

Kworb
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I'm sure the sisters are very concerned about Isha, especially considering they've already lost a sister. But you know, you can't pressure someone into losing weight. There's not that much they can do if Isha herself is not willing to change. Perhaps she is unable to because of some medical condition. In any case I don't think the sisters are under any moral obligation to help Isha out.

Just Do It
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Serena and Venus are earning money, so Isha can go to McDonalds.