PDA

View Full Version : Mary Carrillo Is A B*tch

JackWalker
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:34 PM
no news here, but it didn't hit me until the broadcast of the us open this year. my god, this women is annoying. she's so bad. everything that comes out of her mouth is already known by tennis fans; she's such a bad commentator; she just regurgetates everything fans already know about players over and over again...it's completely redundant. she's also so opinionated and believes all her opinions aren't just opinions, but facts. what really got me was last night's trophy presentation. when jelena wanted to thank all her support group and attempted to grab the mike, mary rolled her eyes and sighed and seemed so condescencing towards her. what a bitch! no wonder she's on everybody's bad side...add me to it!

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:38 PM
:)

~Eclipsed~
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:40 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=356145

frontier
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Jelena had thanked all of Serbia and it was Serena s turn...in this regard I support Mary,Jelena was a runner up not the champion,even Roger let Rafa enjoy his win.She should learn etiquette and let the champion enjoy their win:o

Noctis
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Shes a *&^%^&*^*^^

raqmartins
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:23 PM
she's such a bitch... and her voice makes me want to beat her almost as much as what she says does! arrrg

Sally Struthers
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Well I for one like Mary and think her corny jokes and puns are funny. Saying something negative about your favorite player is not a crime even if her last name is Williams. I really don't think a lot of the things she says are that negative anyway. It's just oversensitive fans interpreting them to be more than they are.

mykarma
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Jelena had thanked all of Serbia and it was Serena s turn...in this regard I support Mary,Jelena was a runner up not the champion,even Roger let Rafa enjoy his win.She should learn etiquette and let the champion enjoy their win:o
Agreed. She had thanked everyone including the limo drivers that she had so much fun with. After that I was to through. Can't stand Mary but she was right this time.

Slutiana
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Where have you been? :o

Jeff
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:15 AM
I love Mary :p Many people are either too sensitive or just don't understand her humor. Different strokes for different folkes. As far as regurgitating what is already known, well i personally think she brings a lot more than a lot of commentators, who either mispronounce players or where they are from or don't know anything about them or commentators who are too afraid to speak their own mind and are dry and boring.

If Mary was such a crappy commentator I don't think she would be covering the Olympics nor would she be covering tennis on more networks than any other female commentator.

Infiniti2001
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:23 AM
I like Mary, and Dick Enberg too . I think they're among the best tennis commentators:shrug:

RenaSlam.
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Mary's a bitch, but she usually speaks the truth.

Even if she does sound like a dude.

Kazooey
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I like Mary usually, but I agree last night at the awards ceremony she was pretty rude to first-time-finalist Jelena Jankovic. :shrug: Let her have her spotlight, geez. :rolleyes:

Kiriber
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:39 AM
I normally love Mary for being a bitch. Sometimes she goes a little too over the top with it though.

Tennisstar86
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:45 AM
I love Mary :p Many people are either too sensitive or just don't understand her humor. Different strokes for different folkes. As far as regurgitating what is already known, well i personally think she brings a lot more than a lot of commentators, who either mispronounce players or where they are from or don't know anything about them or commentators who are too afraid to speak their own mind and are dry and boring.

If Mary was such a crappy commentator I don't think she would be covering the Olympics nor would she be covering tennis on more networks than any other female commentator.

"She's going to milk this sucker dry. Its not a real injury. Tennis is only a stepping stone for her, if she really cared she'd be back on the court already"

Mary Carillo on the Monica Seles stabbing. c 1993....

Yeah really just cant understand THAT humor....:help:

MAry's a bitch end of.

Shooter
Sep 9th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Jelena had thanked all of Serbia and it was Serena s turn...in this regard I support Mary,Jelena was a runner up not the champion,even Roger let Rafa enjoy his win.She should learn etiquette and let the champion enjoy their win:o I don't like Mary as an commentator, but I agree that she handled the on-court awards ceremony correctly. Jelena was being too self-centered trying to grab all of the attention. Mary was correct to politely shut her down and redirect the ceremony to Serena.

Drake1980
Sep 9th, 2008, 02:58 AM
I kinda like her. She's very knowledgable.

tonybotz
Sep 9th, 2008, 03:07 AM
that seles comment was despicable. but i guess mary was a bitter woman from being a repressed homosexual for many years and all the self loathing from being a lesbian in an italian-american family.

Serenita
Sep 9th, 2008, 04:36 AM
"She's going to milk this sucker dry. Its not a real injury. Tennis is only a stepping stone for her, if she really cared she'd be back on the court already"

MAry's a bitch end of.
Carillo :smash:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Sep 9th, 2008, 07:16 AM

If she said that then :tape:

louisa.
Sep 9th, 2008, 08:40 AM
maybe she would like to be stabbed. then we'll see if its a "real" injury ;)

Jakeev
Sep 9th, 2008, 10:14 AM

MAry's a bitch end of.

I've never had real respect for Mary Carillo just from that statement alone. But whether you like it or not, she handled the situation the right way.

I'm just more pissed off because in so many of these freaking threads I have to take Mary's side even though I want to send her Mongolia for the next 10 years.