PDA

View Full Version : Could justine have won this years us open

MasterJustine
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:02 PM
i think he raelly would have. she jus was a legend and a true sportswoman. i miss her so much it is sad.

come back justine. :sad:

she wud have beaten ree in the final i just no it cause her game was just perfect.

Tennisstar86
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:10 PM
No.... she wasnt beating Serena.....and Venus. She looked a mess in 08.
Had she been in the draw.. THe all Williams Quarter wouldnt have happened (Serena would have been 5) Justine would have been lucky to get to the second week.

MasterJustine
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Had she been in the draw.. THe all Williams Quarter wouldnt have happened (Serena would have been 5) Justine would have been lucky to get to the second week.

she would have risen to the ocassion i think. she was just such a champ. if she came bak shed win loads of matches and win wimbledon. her game is just so nice and good.

RR-87
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:17 PM
well with serena beating her 2&0 in Miami this year Ju would just got repeat of this thrashing on USO ;)

~Eclipsed~
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Most likely no. I think even near her best she wouldnt' have beaten Serena. Serena played patient, smart tennis, came in at the right times, attacked the right short balls, etc. This year's Serena would have beaten last year's Serena for sure.

Josh.
It's possible. But we will never know, she has retired. Move on guys.

Pureracket
Awww.....grade school is out in England. :hug:

Tennisstar86
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:19 PM
she would have risen to the ocassion i think. she was just such a champ. if she came bak shed win loads of matches and win wimbledon. her game is just so nice and good.

:lol: She didnt Win Wimbledon when she was playing great tennis.... and you think she can come back and do it. lol Wimbledon will be staying in the Williams family for years to come now. Maybe Sharapova can wrestle 1 away.

MasterJustine
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:21 PM
well with serena beating her 2&0 in Miami this year Ju would just got repeat of this thrashing on USO ;)
justine could hav found a way to fight cause she is just a brill athlete that she would have ran down a lots of balls and make serena sweat a little bit. her tactics would beat serena cause she is smart on court. she can win the power battle to cause i heard in practise she hits some raelly big serves at bout 120 kmph i mean that close to the all time record.

~Eclipsed~
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:23 PM
justine could hav found a way to fight cause she is just a brill athlete that she would have ran down a lots of balls and make serena sweat a little bit. her tactics would beat serena cause she is smart on court. she can win the power battle to cause i heard in practise she hits some raelly big serves at bout 120 kmph i mean that close to the all time record.

How old are you?

MasterJustine
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Most likely no. I think even near her best she wouldnt' have beaten Serena. Serena played patient, smart tennis, came in at the right times, attacked the right short balls, etc. This year's Serena would have beaten last year's Serena for sure.

if justine comes back her game will have revolved i think. she will attack averythin lots more with big force. she retired i think just to practice even harder and suprise everyppl who think she is done.

MasterJustine
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:26 PM
How old are you?

'im 21 but english is not my 1st languge so i hope you can forgive my mistake in english

Tennisation
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:27 PM
:spit: enough with all this "could Justine have won" bullshit after every grand slam, the bitch retire, leave it at that. The way she's been playing earlier this year, it is a joke to think she could win this US Open, Serena would better Miami by giving her 2 bagels.

frenchie
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:28 PM
No way

Justine was done and left tennis anyway

~Eclipsed~
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:30 PM
if justine comes back her game will have revolved i think. she will attack averythin lots more with big force. she retired i think just to practice even harder and suprise everyppl who think she is done.

That's a lof of IFs buddy. Tennis (or life in general) is about what a player has accomplished, not what they could have accomplished if they didn't get injured or in this case go into an early retirment.

And you have no basis to make predictions on what Justine is doing with her life.

'im 21 but english is not my 1st languge so i hope you can forgive my mistake in english

I would have said 12 a lot younger, but i understand. :)

MasterJustine
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:37 PM
That's a lof of IFs buddy. Tennis (or life in general) is about what a player has accomplished, not what they could have accomplished if they didn't get injured or in this case go into an early retirment.

And you have no basis to make predictions on what Justine is doing with her life.

I would have said 12 a lot younger, but i understand. :)

i know but i just think justin was so very special and she lives in my hearts. i think that she can come back maybe yes but she is such a weird person that i dont know. maybe she has a new husband or maybe she really is workin so hard in the gym and on the court for a big comereverse back to tennis. i think she would have won us opne 2008 cause she raelly could outsmart anyone no matter how well she player and miami was a bad day at office for me. i love rena too but justine is my perfect tenni girl i also think she very pretty with no making up because she is natural.

mdterp01
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Good grief people how many more slams are we going to have deal with the question about if Justine could have won it? She's retired. Please let go!!! :yawn:

frontier
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:51 PM
hell no!

Denise4925
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:54 PM
After the way Serena thrashed her at Miami this year, I highly doubt it.

MasterJustine
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:55 PM
will serena be the world no1 now after this win she is a big girl with a lot of beuty i would love a match between serena and justine again cause they are such big players and they play tennis really good maybe the best i like venus too cause she always looks nice and tall.

DemWilliamsGulls
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:06 PM

Exactly...it just wasnt together for Justine in 08, people were on her game and people had gotten back in shape/fit and recovered from their injuries...I believe Jankovic would have beaten Henin for the first time...the way she played yesterday..but anyway...no need to sing shoulda coulda woulda's....Henin is GONE...and a new 3 time U.S. Open champ and new #1 is back on the throne...so all Henin and everybody else *except venus* can do is BOW DOWN! :worship:

Dave.
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Had she played like she did at last year's tournament? Of course. But that was very unlikely considering the way she started the year.

eugreene2
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:23 AM
i think he raelly would have. she jus was a legend and a true sportswoman. i miss her so much it is sad.

come back justine. :sad:

she wud have beaten ree in the final i just no it cause her game was just perfect.

And Serena could've won the 2003 US Open & 2004 Aussie. People need to stop with this Justing stuff.

Emina.
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Nope :)

kiwifan
Sep 9th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Justine could have won a gold medal in the 100 meter at the Olympics...

...why oh why didn't she run? :yawn:

fufuqifuqishahah
Sep 9th, 2008, 04:43 AM
The OP needs to be slapped, but I wouldn't because I think he or she is too young and I would get sued.
nobody's game is perfect

and no she would not have won, especially if she had been playing like she did when she retired

she may have lost to Jelena (despite their lovely H2H), and would definitely have lost to Serena.

danieln1
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:19 AM
No, because Serena or Venus would give her another bagel to eat...

Dawn Marie
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:40 AM
No. She would lose. Her heart was not into tennis anymore. It takes a fist pump to the heart to beat players like, Serena,Venus,Safina in slams. She just lost her fight. Her drive is dead. She has nothing left to give to the sport. When you feel that way, you'll tailspin out of the first week.
Justine wanted to retire and not play tennis. Justine doesn't wish to play tennis anymore in her natural born life. Move on and follow what she is now happy in doing. find her fist pump to the chest at another event. She's done forever with tennis.

I hope this direct response helps in your therapy. Justine is gone forever and she will never play the sport professionally again,NEVER.

young_gunner913
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:56 AM

:spit: Queen Venus would've bitch slapped her told her "THIS IS MY HOUSE!" :hearts:

And no, I don't think she would've won the U.S Open, even if she did manage to stumble to the finals. Serena would've been even more thirsty for blood being it Justine and would've squashed her like she did in Miami. :drool:

Kworb
Sep 9th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Yes of course. Brie Whitehead also could have won it.

GrafMariaPetraK
Sep 9th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Yes

Miss Atomic Bomb
Sep 9th, 2008, 11:17 AM
nope she would have been bageled by even dementieva, and thats saying a lot

frontier
Sep 9th, 2008, 11:21 AM
justine could hav found a way to fight cause she is just a brill athlete that she would have ran down a lots of balls and make serena sweat a little bit. her tactics would beat serena cause she is smart on court. she can win the power battle to cause i heard in practise she hits some raelly big serves at bout 120 kmph i mean that close to the all time record.would you please register for English as Second Language classes:help:

mapaliey
Sep 9th, 2008, 11:26 AM
OMG..she's retired...next.....

Sam L
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:09 PM
nope she would have been bageled by even dementieva, and thats saying a lot

:haha:

Honestly, this US Open was all about the Williams sisters. Oh how I wish they were on opposite sides of the draw. :(

Lucemferre
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:26 PM
No.

Dave.
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:38 PM
:haha:

Honestly, this US Open was all about the Williams sisters. Oh how I wish they were on opposite sides of the draw. :(

No it wasen't :lol: Venus lost in the Quarters. Only when it's an all-Williams final can that really be said. Jelena Jankovic's performance stood out more than anyone else's bar Serena.

Renalicious
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Quit sulking. She's retired now.

Olórin
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:42 PM
No :shrug:

She couldn't even manage to play it. 128 other women's tennis players did better than her in that respect.

Conor
Sep 9th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Considering Justine said herself she had nothing more to give to tennis, I highly doubt that.

Denise4925
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:52 PM
:spit: Queen Venus would've bitch slapped her told her "THIS IS MY HOUSE!" :hearts:

And no, I don't think she would've won the U.S Open, even if she did manage to stumble to the finals. Serena would've been even more thirsty for blood being it Justine and would've squashed her like she did in Miami. :drool:

:spit: :lol:

~Eclipsed~
Sep 9th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I guess he was banned for asking such a stupid question. :lol:

Denise4925
Sep 9th, 2008, 10:03 PM
I guess he was banned for asking such a stupid question. :lol:

Nope, it was for all of the other retarded stuff he's said in other threads. :lol:

Bijoux0021
Sep 9th, 2008, 10:05 PM
No :shrug:

She couldn't even manage to play it. 128 other women's tennis players did better than her in that respect.
:worship::worship:

~Eclipsed~
Sep 9th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Nope, it was for all of the other retarded stuff he's said in other threads. :lol:

I know. I was just trying to make a joke, i guess it didn't go over too well. :o