PDA

View Full Version : If Capriati Came Back, How High Would Her Ranking Go?

Kazooey
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:57 PM
If Hingis could get to #6 in her comeback, Capriati could surely be #1. :shrug: :hearts:

Kazooey
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:23 PM
:banana:

*JR*
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Sorry to say this, but it ain't happening (except maybe exo's or on a McEnroe style senior circuit). As Neil Young once sang:

And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue, and into the black

RJWCapriati
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:32 PM

tonybotz
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:32 PM
its not happening, but if it were to, she could be number one. her groundstrokes are pure and her technique is perfect. she's a natural. fitness wise, she's well built. sigh, what could have been.

thelittlestelf
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:33 PM
It's hard to say... I mean, four surgeries on both her shoulders and wrists makes it difficult to envision her returning to her best level. And no one has seen her play for three years. I would love to see her try to come back soon, because time is really running out.

Go Jen!

Slutati
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:34 PM

Dave.
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I would so love her to come back, she is one of my all-time favourite players :bigcry: I think if she really commited herself and returned to the level she was playing at in 2004, she could definetely be top 10 again. But it's unlikely she will come back and even more unlikely she'd return to the level she was at.

MasterJustine
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:45 PM
i think she would win wimbledon because she use to hit the ball so very hard and she was like a mouse when she ran i used to think wow this girl is a motorcycle running on oil i think even now she would run like a raelly bit rabbitt i hope she comes back and just win wimbledon cause she is a player with good skills in net like justine.

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:49 PM
hypothetically speaking...she'd have a shot at the top 5 since she'd basically bully most players like masha and others who don't move as well as her....plus she has a killer shot unlike some others...would be interesting to see...

reality...she aint coming back

MasterJustine
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:52 PM
if she wins wimbledon in 2009 will she be the worlds best player i really think so yes and she would be no 1 after she won another slam.

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:54 PM
She's 32. Maybe she would make the top 50. Then again, maybe not.