PDA

View Full Version : Vee and Ree vs. Ana and Maria in 2009

Tamus
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Maria Sharapova and Ana Ivanovic "dominated" the first half of the 2008 slams (2 titles, 1 other final, 4th round combined), while Venus Williams and Serena Wiliiams "dominated" the second half of the slams (2 titles, 1 other final, Quarter combined). So the question is: which pair will win more slam titles in 2009? Will Maria and Ana regain their form and/or health, or will Venus and Serena continue their winning ways?

Miss Amor
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:30 PM
:haha: Ana and Maria mentioned in the same sentence as queen Vee and queen ree :haha:

vadin124
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:32 PM
if Vee and Ree stay healthy, there is only one answer to this question...unless Maria regains some of her form

Ana, unfortunately, cannot compete with these 3 at their best, but if they go off the boil then she will be the first to take advantage of it, and is the best of the rest!

serenus_2k8
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:33 PM
:haha: Ana and Maria mentioned in the same sentence as queen Vee and queen ree :haha:

You can only have one Queen :rolleyes: Queen Vee, and Princess Ree :p

Clearly Vee&Ree should dominate, the WS year > Maria and Anas by far.

Russianboy
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:33 PM

I dont see anythiny funny about this :confused:

maria achieved more than venus in the last couple of years. so don't act arrogant.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:34 PM
if Vee and Ree stay healthy, there is only one answer to this question...unless Maria regains some of her form

Ana, unfortunately, cannot compete with these 3 at their best, but if they go off the boil then she will be the first to take advantage of it, and is the best of the rest!

Vee, Ree and Maria on clay??? I just don't see it.

oleada
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Serena did the best of all of them.
Ana and Maria next.
Venus last. Sorry, but outside of Wimbledon, she hasn't done anything of note. She made it past the QF of a tournament once - Bangalore. No top 10 wins except Radwanska. Maria = 1 slam, 1 Tier I and one Tier II. Ana = 1 slam, 1 slam final and 1 Tier I. All three have had bad losses.

V's a star
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:36 PM
:lol: this Tracy fan is to funny. Only reason they won this yr is because Venus was injured n out of form (leg injury in AO, n having to pull out of those clay court tournaments.)

There not even comparable bud. i mean especially Ana............can anyone say HOT MESS!!! :devil:

Destiny
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Scartch AnA and put JJ :p

IceHock
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I don't think anything can be really said, noone knows how Maria's shoulder will be, and who knows how the Williams sisters will play or if they get injured, too many ifs until everything plays out.

Slutiana
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:38 PM
You missed out Tati and Jelena! :hearts:

Venus and Serena vs. Ana and Maria vs Jelena and Tati. :hearts:

Venus and Serena with 3 between them.

Tati and JJ with 1 between them.

Ana and Maria with ZERO between them.

:angel:

V's a star

sumthin an Ana fan wud say. But its already been done :p

Tamus
:lol: this Tracy fan is to funny. Only reason they won this yr is because Venus was injured n out of form (leg injury in AO, n having to pull out of those clay court tournaments.)

There not even comparable bud. i mean especially Ana............can anyone say HOT MESS!!! :devil:

Funny, because the same argument could be made the other way around. Just saying ;)

serenus_2k8
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Its appropriate that they split the 4. Its perfect as these 4 are the most popular, interesting and talented in my eyes. I do think it will be exciting to see which of the 4 defend their crowns and which will buckle. :drool:

I think people mistake Venus not doing anything outside of Wimb as not being able to rather than not wanting to. I think this year she will start playing from the world go, especially if she is in the opposite side of the draw from Ree in AO.

KBdoubleu
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:49 PM
If Venus and Serena stay at this level, they will continue to dominate the slams.

AcesHigh
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Serena's the most likely to win two of that group. After that, the rest are even bigger question marks. Maybe none will win any slams next year.. who knows.

V's a star
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Funny, because the same argument could be made the other way around. Just saying ;)

iiiight lets pull out the carrers then....................................Advantage Williams (period)

PLus Venus won Wibledon with a thumb sprain, look wats happend to Ana after like 6 weeks of it being good :help:

Expat
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:52 PM
I think people mistake Venus not doing anything outside of Wimb as not being able to rather than not wanting to. I think this year she will start playing from the world go, especially if she is in the opposite side of the draw from Ree in AO.
If thats the case why even bother showing up at the rest of the slams other than wimbledon
shes there because she wants to win
whether she can is another matter altogether

Tamus
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:09 PM
If Venus and Serena stay at this level, they will continue to dominate the slams.

But the question is will they continue at this level . . .

Tamus
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM
iiiight lets pull out the carrers then....................................Advantage Williams (period)

PLus Venus won Wibledon with a thumb sprain, look wats happend to Ana after like 6 weeks of it being good :help:

Yeah, Venus and Serena have had the better careers overall, but I don't see anyone debating that. :confused:

Why act like it's incomprehensible that Maria or Ana could even be compared to Serena or Venus when each player won a slam this year?

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM
sumthin an Ana fan wud say. But its already been done :p

How many times did Venus and Maria win RG together? :p

Cp6uja
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:20 PM
If nobody else out of this four again not reach any 2009 GS title (like this season) here is how i see chances-distribution slam by slam for this 4 players (percentages):

AO: Serena-40, Maria-30, Ana-20, Venus-10
RG: Ana-50, Serena-30, Maria-10, Venus-10
Wim: Venus-40, Serena-25, Maria-25, Ana-10
USO: Serena-30, Maria-30, Venus-25, Ana-15

V's a star
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:26 PM

omg she n u must cling to that 1 memory everyday. While everyone else knows if JHH had played to weeks later it wud have been hers. But thats beside the point it must be so sad to see her lose in like 3 straight 3rd rounds n we all no shell continue. The worst loss of a #1 at a GS in history :lol: but its great for me

N Venus made the finals and a Doubles title so not to bad. Not to mention a shitload of other clay court titles. Maria????????????

babuska6
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I vote for Masha and Ana - they are young and when they will play without injuries,they can win all grandslams..So come on,Anci!:D

Serenita
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:02 PM
hopefully everyone is healthy!
We will see how pova and Ana handle the pressure of defending there titles.

CORIA01
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:51 PM
masha and ana!!!

RFSTB
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:53 PM
The sistas are back! Everyone else step aside please...order is restored.

kiwifan
Sep 8th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I would love them to become "the big 4" for the next 2-4 years since I like them all. :cool:

Unfortunately I don't see evidence of "big 4" fight in Ana, but I hope I'm wrong.

Maria and Venus will get "theirs" when they can. ;)

Serena still has the potential to not only "get hers", but get "everybody else's" too!!! :devil:

Marco Fernandes
Sep 8th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Maria and Ana will return and dominate the tour. Serena will try to overcome them but she'll fail to the youngters .
I'm not going to mention Venus cause she only was stunning at Wimbledon.

Thanx4nothin
Sep 8th, 2008, 08:04 PM
You can only have one Queen :rolleyes: Queen Vee, and Princess Ree :p

Clearly Vee&Ree should dominate, the WS year > Maria and Anas by far.

AT the minute Serena is the Queen and Venus has been demoted ;) She will however always be the goddess! :worship:

Well Serena alone has 4 titles so far (I expect she could pinch another 2) So I expect next year will be much the same, THE WS ALL THE WAY.

Marco Fernandes
Sep 8th, 2008, 08:04 PM
I vote for Masha and Ana - they are young and when they will play without injuries,they can win all grandslams..So come on,Anci!:D

Exactly. If they can play healthy , they're almost unbeatable.

DownTheLine21
Sep 8th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Its appropriate that they split the 4. Its perfect as these 4 are the most popular, interesting and talented in my eyes. I do think it will be exciting to see which of the 4 defend their crowns and which will buckle. :drool:

I agree. We had a great set of GS winners this year. It's probably my favorite grouping since 2005.

MAXSquared
Sep 8th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I would say JJ will win at least one next year maybe Roland Garros.

Adal
Sep 8th, 2008, 08:40 PM
i just hope they all stay healthy.

heartBREAKeRS
Sep 8th, 2008, 08:44 PM

Ana on grass????! I just don't see it!

faboozadoo15
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I think these are your 4 to look out for, along with Jankovic.

Dementieva, Kuznetsova, and Safina would be a stretch.

Tennisstar86
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:02 PM
I dont see anythiny funny about this :confused:

maria achieved more than venus in the last couple of years. so don't act arrogant.

Did she? Since 2004
Slam count Gold Medals
Maria 3 0
Venus 4 1

Anyways I dont have a problem putting Maria in the subject....but Ana.....Why do we wait and see if Ana can get back to competing with the players ranked outside the top 100

Tennisstar86
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:06 PM
If nobody else out of this four again not reach any 2009 GS title (like this season) here is how i see chances-distribution slam by slam for this 4 players (percentages):

:lol: You give Ana the edge to defend RG.(while she is still playing like shit) (has she ever even actually defended a title) when you have a 5 time champion at Wimbledon.... you and your stats....

youngbuck
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Did she? Since 2004
Slam count Gold Medals
Maria 3 0
Venus 4 1

Anyways I dont have a problem putting Maria in the subject....but Ana.....Why do we wait and see if Ana can get back to competing with the players ranked outside the top 100

I remember Venus winning Wimbly 2005, 2007 and 2008. Where did you get that 4th Slam and that gold medal since doubles doesn't count. It's a tie since 2004

Tennisstar86
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I remember Venus winning Wimbly 2005, 2007 and 2008. Where did you get that 4th Slam and that gold medal since doubles doesn't count. It's a tie since 2004

Just because Maria doesnt get her non-existant ass out their on the doubles court doesnt mean it "Doesn't count" People get in the Tennis hall of fame for doubles....

Of course only real TENNIS fans count doubles.... so Im not surprised most Maria fans say it doesnt count.

RFSTB
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Isn't it amazing how little Maria and Ana were mentioned throughout these 2 weeks? I'm a fan of both Maria and Ana but I didn't really miss them at the Olympics or the US Open. The QF, SF and F all had exciting matches, even without them. You snooze you lose I guess.

Slutiana
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:19 PM

:spit: So Ana has the most chance of winning a slam out of the 4? :spit:

OK.

Dawn Marie
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I actually am at a loss. I think we should be looking out for Safina maybe moreso then Ana. I still am not counting out Kuzzy winning a major. If she got that head together???

Mikey B
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:47 PM
serena and venus and maria! ana is out, maria will come back stronger to defend her title...

Marco Fernandes
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Ana on grass????! I just don't see it!

Yeah , and we don't need to talk about grass. I mean , the fact that Ana won RG doesn't mean she has the game for it and has to be considered a favourite for every RG. I mean , she doesn't have the game to dominate on clay . Maria, Venus , Ivanovic , they all play on power and don't have the clay game (however, Venus can slide and can do amazing things at the net so she's the closest of the 3 to a clay court player . So why do people keep insisting that Ana knows how to play on clay ? If Maria doesn't have the game for it , Ana hasn't too cause their games are very similar. If Venus doesn't have the game to play on clay , Ana hasn't too because Venus has a best game for clay than Ana. The fact that Ana won there this year doesn't mean she has the game for it.

MasterJustine
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:49 PM
what bout justien

Il Primo!
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:52 PM
It's unfair to associate Masha with Ana who is obviously the weakest link of them all.

MasterJustine
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:03 PM
It's unfair to associate Masha with Ana who is obviously the weakest link of them all.

yes but they are very beutifull girls i think they will model against each other in future cause they are so nice and pretty. i think ana is jealous of maria though because maria is blond and skinny

Noctis
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Muller Def Ivanovic 6-0 6-0 in RG.

Ve or Masha or Rena eventual champions.

Mikey B
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Ve or Masha or Rena eventual champions.

after these two weeks, i think jelena should be in the mix there as well...

Dave.
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Their 2008 seasons:

1. Serena
2. Ana
3. Maria
4. Venus

It's a close comparison for next year, but I still feel Dementieva and Jankovic are firmly within that elite level aswell (they have actually had better rounded years than Venus and perhaps Maria).

Costanza
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:18 PM
:spit:

Noctis
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:20 PM
after these two weeks, i think jelena should be in the mix there as well...

:worship: Absuloutely

Andy.
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I really hope they are all healthy next year. It was be amazing if they were all in the semis of each slam.