PDA

View Full Version : Whose victory celebration had more bounce?

~Eclipsed~
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:29 AM
I started laughing when i watched Serena jump up and down so much when she won. It reminded me of Venus winning in 05 at Wimbledon, but even more dramatic. :lol: :lol:

stevos
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Definitely Venus.
That is the quintessential "Jump and Scream for Absolute Genuine Joy" Slam-winning celebration.
I doubt anyone will ever top it. Venus truly was in another place.

Sigggghhh, the beautiful memories.

Tennisation
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:34 AM
oh heo nah, Vee rules the jump:hearts:, although this is the first time in such a long time that Serena has been this overjoyed, I'm so happy for her cuz she's worked so hard this year not to get a grand slam, well deserved.

kwilliams
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Definitely Venus. She's usually a little more reserved than Serena and watching the 05 final STILL makes me beam and brings a tear to my eye. Also it was so continuous, the jumping, then the clasped hands by her head and she even kneeled down on the ground. She was completely in the moment and overcome. Lyndrea was crying and had that big pouty bottom lip, she was even shaking a little bit and I was feeling just as she was.

Hands down - my favourite moment in tennis ever.

Loved Serena's celebration today too though, of course.

SoClose
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Venus 05 Wimby

égalité
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Venus, because she just kept bouncing and bouncing and bouncing.... :tape:

darrinbaker00
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Venus had more hang time, while Serena had more jiggle. It all depends on one's personal preference, I suppose. ;)

Dodoboy.
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Venus :inlove:

Amalgamate
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:37 AM
:shrug: I thought Serena...

Jakeev
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Serena's win definitely made me giddy and giggly for hours:lol: I'm still over the moon over it.

Nemo_Kool
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:19 AM
i felt scared for Serena's knees when she was jumping lol!

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Serena 05 AO vs Maria Sharapova!:worship:

young_gunner913
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I think Venus' was. Wimby '05 was just so magical for her. Not winning a slam since 2001, almost a 4 year drought of no slam titles, reach 5 finals but loosing them all to Serena, and after than not being in a SF for almost a year and a half. Then winning your favorite tournament in an amazing match. It was such a magical moment. :sobbing: I'm making myself tear up.

Not to say Serena's moment was magical, but she's been doing amazing this year and won a slam just last year, so it was like less than year since she won a grand slam, Venus it was 4 long years. :o

Tennisstar86
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:43 AM
I think ya'll are also forgetting Venus' 2000 Jump around the stadium....

but yeah Venus' 05 she was still in complete joy while they were giving her the trophy

Michael!
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Venus :hearts:
Her reaction was just :crazy:
awesome :drool:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:43 AM
venus..