PDA

View Full Version : Jelena - sore loser?

Marty-Dom
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:12 AM
From her post match interview:

Q. Could you feel that she was a little tired in the second set?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I felt her ‑‑ she was tired and I really had my chances. I really, you know, was a little bit upset about the umpire, you know, not ‑‑ she took quite a lot of time in between the points, and I thought it was not fair.

Because when I played against, you know, against Dementieva and I just went to take the towel, I received a towel, a time violation.

So I think it should be for all the players. If she goes and takes more than 15 seconds ‑ and not once ‑ many times. She took her time to recover and get back herself together.

You know, but maybe it wouldn't make a difference, maybe it would. But you can, you know, talk all day about this. I lost; she won. That's, of course, what counts.

Slutati
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:17 AM
JJ :lol::hearts:
She's not a sore loser :shrug:

Serena's Hubby
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:19 AM
she is a sore loser tonight

normally shes cool but she was a bitch tonight

but i still like her, but she still was a b tonight

RayB
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Miss medical timeout speaks...

abercrombieguy23
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:21 AM
no

Diesel
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Serena wins tonight and in all that you go looking for some small stuff to paint Jelena a sore loser?

RJWCapriati
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Well hell its not like she said Serena made a bunch of "lucky shots" to win the title or anything.....

schorsch
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:26 AM
If there's such a thing as sore winner's fan... You'd be great at it :worship:

I mean seriously :rolleyes:

Optima
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:34 AM
When you play a grand slam final you're in it to win it and when you're that close and had as many chances as Jelena did, you feel it on your raquet. She acknowledged Serena was the better player, get over it. I don't know what else she has to say.

frontier
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:36 AM
until she beefs up that serve she will be always be second best...bridesmaid sorta thing.She has lost to Serena 3 times where it mattered.Miami ,Hopman cup and now USAOpen...she even said during Hopman cup presentation why does Serena get all the bling...jealous wont get you anywhere

plantman
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Well hell its not like she said Serena made a bunch of "lucky shots" to win the title or anything.....

:tape:

darrinbaker00
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:39 AM
until she beefs up that serve she will be always be second best...bridesmaid sorta thing.She has lost to Serena 3 times where it mattered.Miami ,Hopman cup and now USAOpen...she even said during Hopman cup presentation why does Serena get all the bling...jealous wont get you anywhere
Exhibitions matter now? :scratch:

harloo
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Wow, Jelena sure does have nerve talking about someone taking time. All those fake injury time outs she takes and she wants to talk? POT. KETTLE. BLACK.:lol:

hankqq
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:02 AM
I think she's just disappointed she didn't win :shrug: I wouldn't call Jankovic a sore loser though. A complainer-yes :worship:, but not a sore loser.

frontier
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Exhibitions matter now? :scratch:Jelena wanted that diamond studded tennis ball...:rolleyes:

faboozadoo15
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Serena was taking a heck of a lot of time out there, but at the end of the day, it didn't matter.

Rocketta
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:11 AM
isn't Jelena the one who tries to serve before people are ready? :lol:

I don't think she's a sore loser but I do think she's a little self absorbed/selfish but whatever Serena won and the fans let her know what they thought of her useless complaining in the middle of the match. :shrug:

rada
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:15 AM
She is far from a sore loser, would be hard having so many set points wasted.

Davodus
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:29 AM
she isn't a sore loser she is just an idiot :angel:

maki30
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Wow, Jelena sure does have nerve talking about someone taking time. All those fake injury time outs she takes and she wants to talk? POT. KETTLE. BLACK.:lol:

Leave her alone:tape:

frontier
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Jelena and Djoko deserve each other....thats why Ana is appreciated more

maki30
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:12 AM
she isn't a sore loser she is just an idiot :angel:

And you are just a retard?

topi11
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Jankovic and Djokovic both major fakers, both overrated pushers.

Davodus
Sep 8th, 2008, 01:02 PM
:spit:

Thanx4nothin
Sep 8th, 2008, 01:15 PM
LOL Jelena rushed her serve as usual and Serena took every second of her time, such a contrast. Didn't JJ get the violation during Dementieva's serve?

Bijoux0021
Sep 8th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Miss medical timeout speaks...
I was thinking the same thing.

mykarma
Sep 8th, 2008, 01:22 PM
From her post match interview:

Q. Could you feel that she was a little tired in the second set?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I felt her ‑‑ she was tired and I really had my chances. I really, you know, was a little bit upset about the umpire, you know, not ‑‑ she took quite a lot of time in between the points, and I thought it was not fair.

Because when I played against, you know, against Dementieva and I just went to take the towel, I received a towel, a time violation.

So I think it should be for all the players. If she goes and takes more than 15 seconds ‑ and not once ‑ many times. She took her time to recover and get back herself together.

You know, but maybe it wouldn't make a difference, maybe it would. But you can, you know, talk all day about this. I lost; she won. That's, of course, what counts.
No she didn't. :eek: Is that why she Mary Carillo had to almost force the mic from her. That broad thinks the world revolves around her. Maybe if she had taken less time looking at herself on the replays she could have spent more time trying to beat Serena.

Just Do It
Sep 8th, 2008, 01:22 PM

She defeated her @ AO this year, you forgot that.

Back on the topic. Jelena is not a sore loser, she was disappointed, and that is okay.

@ Thread starter : Cant you just celebrate this amazing match and stop hating ?

Rocketta
Sep 8th, 2008, 01:24 PM
LOL Jelena rushed her serve as usual and Serena took every second of her time, such a contrast. Didn't JJ get the violation during Dementieva's serve?

yes it was during Dementieva's match and Dementieva was serving. It was match point for Jankovic and that's when she decides to go get a towel so the umpire called her on it. :shrug:

mykarma
Sep 8th, 2008, 01:28 PM
:lol::lol::lol:
For all these people complaining about the thread starter if Serena had lost and said the same thing these boards would be blowing up talking about her whining.

Just Do It
Sep 8th, 2008, 01:49 PM
:lol::lol::lol:
For all these people complaining about the thread starter if Serena had lost and said the same thing these boards would be blowing up talking about her whining.

No. No one would care.

simplydeep
Sep 8th, 2008, 01:58 PM
JJ had a right to complain about the time but when upm asked Serena to hurry up she said she was waiting on the crowd to quieten down and that was her reason for taking time and not because she was time wasting. Allison Lang is one of the best umps out there and she judged it right to quietly ask Serena to hurry it up. JJ wanted Serena to get a time violation just to justify her obvious time wasting and coaching she gets.

thrust
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:05 PM
When you play a grand slam final you're in it to win it and when you're that close and had as many chances as Jelena did, you feel it on your raquet. She acknowledged Serena was the better player, get over it. I don't know what else she has to say.

Well put! The bitterness and nastiness of some of the Williams fans never cease to amaze. I know it is hard to be graceful in defeat, but it should not be that hard in victory. Again, I am speaking of some of the fans, not the Sisters. It has to be very difficult for ANY athlete to give an interview so soon after a tough loss. Give them all a break! Congrats to Jelena, she gave the BEST a very tough match and proved she IS worthy of her ranking.

lurker
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:45 PM
You are supposed to play at the server's pace. If Jelena went to get a towel when Elena D. was ready to serve, she deserved the time violation. I never noticed Serena EVER wasting time to serve. She does wait for people to sit and quiet down, though. Jelena, on the other hand, was spending lots of time staring at the Jumbotron in between points, sprawling herself for extra time on the ground and on her knees playing drama queen whenever she lost a long rally that had her moving side to side. She tried to complain when Serena went to change racquets with the new balls. Ok. But EVERYONE changes racquets at that time, even Jelena if she is serving. She just wanted to complain because she was losing. She did everything to throw Serena's rhythm, and it worked briefly 'cause that's when Serena lost serve.

frontier
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:46 PM
She defeated her @ AO this year, you forgot that.

Back on the topic. Jelena is not a sore loser, she was disappointed, and that is okay.

@ Thread starter : Cant you just celebrate this amazing match and stop hating ?What has Jelena done better than Serena since she won the qtr final in AO08...Serena won a gold medal,won Wimbledon doubLes GS,has won USA Open her ninth slam and is now the no.1...how many slams does Jelena have...be careful that Serena will start beating Jelena until her nose is straight :tape:

Thanx4nothin
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:50 PM
yes it was during Dementieva's match and Dementieva was serving. It was match point for Jankovic and that's when she decides to go get a towel so the umpire called her on it. :shrug:

JJ is sucha hypocrite :lol: blabbing on about playing at the pace of the server earlier and now this :tape::hearts:

Thanx4nothin
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:51 PM
You are supposed to play at the server's pace. If Jelena went to get a towel when Elena D. was ready to serve, she deserved the time violation. I never noticed Serena EVER wasting time to serve. She does wait for people to sit and quiet down, though. Jelena, on the other hand, was spending lots of time staring at the Jumbotron in between points, sprawling herself for extra time on the ground and on her knees playing drama queen whenever she lost a long rally that had her moving side to side. She tried to complain when Serena went to change racquets with the new balls. Ok. But EVERYONE changes racquets at that time, even Jelena if she is serving. She just wanted to complain because she was losing. She did everything to throw Serena's rhythm, and it worked briefly 'cause that's when Serena lost serve.

:worship:

Kampi
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:51 PM
What has Jelena done better than Serena since she won the qtr final in AO08...Serena won a gold medal,won Wimbledon doubLes GS,has won USA Open her ninth slam and is now the no.1...how many slams does Jelena have...be careful that Serena will start beating Jelena until her nose is straight :tape:

God, you have nearly 4.000 posts....hmmm, and most of them are about Jelena......you just cannot deny....you are really addicted, right?;):lol: But to be honest....somebody has to be the No. 1 hater and this trophy belongs to you. So, congrats frontier my good old friend.:bowdown:

serenus_2k8
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:54 PM
:lol: Ree is the self confessed worst loser and most competitive person in the world. JJ can fight for 2nd if she likes :shrug:

frontier
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:56 PM
God, you have nearly 4.000 posts....hmmm, and most of them are about Jelena......you just cannot deny....you are really addicted, right?;):lol: But to be honest....somebody has to be the No. 1 hater and this trophy belongs to you. So, congrats frontier my good old friend.:bowdown:I accept this award and dedicate it to you Kampi!I love you man:tape:

дalex
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Watch the video of that press conference and you'll see what a star JJ is. Try picturing Serena there after a tough loss in the final of a GS. :tape:
Stop bitching.

JJ :hearts:

Kampi
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I accept this award and dedicate it to you Kampi!I love you man:tape:

Thank you...thank you so much....and btw, I love you, too.;) :lol:

Noctis
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:04 PM
JJ Can be second,.

Destiny
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Meh :hug: I still love her even though she f**ked me off in that match :)

Black Mamba.
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Both players missed alot of opportunities. Serena was like 2 for a million on break points in that second set.

Denise4925
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:18 PM

I'd call her a drama queen and attention grabber. I don't know about sore loser, but I think all great players are sore losers to some extent. Do I think she has room to complain about taking too much time? No. :lol: Do I think there was some gamesmanship on her part to stall Serena's serve at 40-30 in that game? Yes. :lol:

Denise4925
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:30 PM

I agree with everything else you said, but no, Serena didn't lose serve on that point. It was 40-30 and Serena hit a big serve to win the game.

mykarma
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:35 PM
:lol: Ree is the self confessed worst loser and most competitive person in the world. JJ can fight for 2nd if she likes :shrug:
:lol:

lurker
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:53 AM
I agree with everything else you said, but no, Serena didn't lose serve on that point. It was 40-30 and Serena hit a big serve to win the game.

:)Thanks, I guess I wasn't completely clear. Serena went for a new racquet serving 3-3 and that's when she lost serve. Jelena complained there as well. She complained more than once.

Uranium
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:55 AM
She really should have just avoided the time situation altogether, it only got her distracted and nothing ended up happening.

calex
Sep 9th, 2008, 01:10 AM
The Shemale-Djokovic thought she could pull the same drama tricks she used on the "greenhorns" like Wozniacki to steal the match.
No way! Serena is way too seasoned for her tactics.
Sigh, at least the quote is consistent with her character...drama drama drama...bringing it from the tennis court to the press room.

Dawn Marie
Sep 9th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Not so much as a sore loser, but the kid is a narcisstic personality. She takes med breaks and likes to see herself on TV. She seemed more into herself then the tennis match. I laughed when she put on lip gloss right before the trophy presentation.

Jelena is no sore loser, just a robot. A "bot" who'll run out of oil in approx. 12 months.

Optima
Sep 9th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Not so much as a sore loser, but the kid is a narcisstic personality. She takes med breaks and likes to see herself on TV. She seemed more into herself then the tennis match. I laughed when she put on lip gloss right before the trophy presentation.

Jelena is no sore loser, just a robot. A "bot" who'll run out of oil in approx. 12 months.

Honey, you said that last year. :wave:

Robert-KimClijst
Sep 9th, 2008, 01:45 AM
No.