PDA

View Full Version : When will these girls learn?!?!

TantrumXspeed
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:20 AM
It's NEVER OVER till Rena's on the next flight out of JFK!!!

The one thing that you can always always always count on from Serena is her hunger to win. To me, if she hasn't thrown in the towel mentally, she usually finds a way to win it--the mark of a real champion. She doesn't get down on herself much and if she's frustrated, it catapults her hunger. Most players in their frustration play defense and tighten up, Serena plays aggressive offense and rushes the net---my kinda gal.

Fantastic match!! Didn't expect too much from JJ, but a huge disappointment being that she had so many opportunities.

If some of these girls can learn a thing or two about being totally focused, aggressive and calm from Serena during crucial points, we could have seen better tennis.
I mean Jelena--wrong time to be using the JumboTron to check yourself out!! You ARE playing SERENA WILLIAMS, CENTER COURT--HELLO!:rolleyes: :lol:

Geisha
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:25 AM
LMAO!

Jelena had two crucial double faults that really set her back.

Optima
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:26 AM
:shrug:

JJ is going to be herself, no matter what.

frontier
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Until she takes her matches seriously I am afraid she might not win as soon as she wants,she should learn from Serena today that you stay focused until the match is over..Serena lost a little of her focus after that overrule by umpire but quickly recovered.She might hate Serena with a passion but Serena is a champion 9 times over and she has zero slams.:rolleyes:

DOUBLEFIST
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:47 AM
I don't know. Maybe checkin' out the Jumbotron help her stay relaxed. You never know, she might have done WORSE if she hadn't look at it. :shrug:

Renalicious
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:49 AM
What's the jumbotron :weirdo:

DOUBLEFIST
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:53 AM
What's the jumbotron :weirdo:

The big stadium screen that shows the some of the TV feed. Technically speaking, it's not really a "Jumbotron." A JT usually refers to the large square, combination scoreboard, bigscreen that hangs down in the MIDDLE of a stadium fro the ceiling.

Martian Jeza
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:19 AM
If you play Serena's game you ain't got a chance but if you have great brains and a huge mental, you can overcome SW physical game.

DOUBLEFIST
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:24 AM
If you play Serena's game you ain't got a chance but if you have great brains and a huge mental, you can overcome SW physical game.

Did you see the match tonight. Serena's game is faaaar more than "physical."

Martian Jeza
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Did you see the match tonight. Serena's game is faaaar more than "physical."

Yes, I see lot of magic when I see her play :lol:

sweetpeas
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Yes, I see lot of magic when I see her play
Right,Serena wand J.J ass riht out!!!!Do you beleive in magic now?:lol::lol::cool::bounce:

Martian Jeza
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Yes, I see lot of magic when I see her play
Right,Serena wand J.J ass riht out!!!!Do you beleive in magic now?:lol::lol::cool::bounce:

yeah, she's great at ballbashing magic, no doubt about it.

Patrick345
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:52 AM
But she added that Jankovic still seems to be "in and out'' of matches mentally and wondered about her attention span. "She might like the occasion a little too much,'' Navratilova said. "There was a little too much looking up at the screen. That takes away a lot of energy and focus.''

..and that is exactly it. She went for her shots, she played more aggressive than usual, with that necessary combination of offense and defense, but she lacks the focus in big matches, that total determination not to lose. Sometimes she doesnīt play the big points with the appropriate sense of urgency. There were a few points she couldnīt do anything when Serena hit big serves, but she had Serena on the run at 3-5 30-40 and her play in the point looked lackadaisical to me. You cannot serve a double fault at 5-4, Adv. And at 5-6 30-30 she tried to be too cute with the lobs, when she should have went for Serenas body. Itīs the small things that seperate a champion from a runner-up in these situations.

VictorP
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Serena = The queen of all fighters :worship:

cehowardrx7
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:16 AM
[I] but she had Serena on the run at 3-5 30-40 and her play in the point looked lackadaisical to me. You cannot serve a double fault at 5-4, Adv. And at 5-6 30-30 she tried to be too cute with the lobs, when she should have went for Serenas body. Itīs the smalgl things that seperate a champion from a runner-up in these situations.

At that point, I switched channels. I big Williams Sister's fan. To see Serena in that spot, I knew she was going to lose the second set. However, I switched back about 20 minutes later, and see where she has caught up, and in lead 6 to 5!!

That is pure will power. I have seen both of the Sisters display that kind of will power, and prevail in matches where it seemed impossible.

Jankovic played very well for here first grand slam final. The pressure was there big time. Serena has been there a lot, and Serena nerves are made of steel.

Great match, and both players are winners in my book.

Mashafaaaaan
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:47 AM

What about Venus? She almost beat Serena.

Tennisstar86
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:56 AM
yeah, she's great at ballbashing magic, no doubt about it.

I count at least 5 different pictures of Ball bashers in your sig....

Serena Williams; however, is not a ballbasher. At least she wasnt tonight....