PDA

View Full Version : Controlled Aggression: It's the Way!

eugreene2
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Serena has finally learned that this is the way to titles. In her early tournament matches, she was being almost completely passive throughout the entire match. She didn't need much aggression to beat those girls and a couple of them, i.e. Vesnina, were just horrible.

In her last three matches, she had perfect gameplans!

Now if only Venus and James Blake could incorporate "controlled aggression" into their gameplan, life would be great!!!

Destiny
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:10 AM
:lol: It's that easy

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:11 AM
go read your thread that i bumped :wavey: she was never passive to begin with....you have come to expect all out raw power from serena and once you don't get that then she's being passive....:wavey:

starin
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Serena has finally learned that this is the way to titles. In her early tournament matches, she was being almost completely passive throughout the entire match. She didn't need much aggression to beat those girls and a couple of them, i.e. Vesnina, were just horrible.

In her last three matches, she had perfect gameplans!

Now if only Venus and James Blake could incorporate "controlled aggression" into their gameplan, life would be great!!!

Venus already has started to. More noticeably off the forehand.
I agree Serena was a bit pushy in her early round matches and even against Venus. But in the final she was def. going for more. Mixing in safer shots w/ big shots.

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Nicely done..going with the flow.

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Nicely done..going with the flow.

as they tend to do once they have been made to eat crow

V's a star
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:27 AM
i thought this was obvious :confused:

Black Mamba.
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:31 AM
I said that in your other thread.

Steff_forever
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:32 AM
the key to the trophy it's been...

esp saving the 2nd and 3rd sp was really balanced power. If she would have rushed there maybe we'd seen a 3rd set